AVS Forum banner

Elite Screen AcousticPro 1080P3 - AT Fixed Screen Opinions or Alternatives?

7K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  baronzemo78 
#1 ·
I've been away from HT for awhile - used to have an Epson HomeCinema 720 long ago - fast forward 10+ years and I'm building one again. I'm looking at this:

Elite Screen AcousticPro 1080P3 100" Fixed Screen
"Screen Material: AcousticPro 1080P3, 1.0 Gain. Angular weaved, acoustically transparent front projection screen material with 160 degree viewing angle. 4K Ultra HD and Active 3D Projection Ready. Offers superb off-axis luminance and optimal color neutrality."

It is about $390 on Amazon. I know it probably isn't the best, but I'm trying to do this on a budget. Are there alternatives for less? Or is it a solid choice for a relatively budget friendly AT screen?

For reference...
Projector: Sony VPL-HW45ES (throwing from ~12ft to 100" screen and ~13-14ft viewing distance)
Speakers: Canton In Wall Left / Right / Center behind screen

Thanks in advance!

#2 ·
Did you end up getting this screen?
My Audio/Video guy just ordered me one in 120" for our new house

#5 ·
This is a sticking point for me too, and I'm also getting the Sony 45es but with ~135". On one end you have the budget Silver Ticket and Elite Screen AT options, and then you can jump up to 3x the cost really quick to a Seymour AV or Falcon.

For a $2k projector, I just dont know how much makes sense to spend on a screen. The budget options are obviously attractive, but how noticeable is theimprovement to a Seymour?

I have material samples of the Elite and Seymour in transit. Anyone know how Silver Ticket compares to Elite?

#6 ·
Thanks for chiming in! I'm anxious to hear what you think of the samples and hopefully we can get a few more folks with experience in this to jump in as well. I'd like to make a decision soon since my room is almost ready! Curious, what mount are you getting for your Sony?

#9 ·
Haven't moved in yet. Couple more weeks, and then I need to save a bit to oder my new JVC projector. Will post once I'm up and running

#10 ·
You will find that the woven pattern on this material is tighter than most in the market. The tighter weave is what helps eliminate moire effect. Moire is what looks like a thumb print on the surface when too much light seeps through the material. The A1080P3 will not exhibit moire because the light emitted by the projector does not seep through as much as the older generation acoustic materials. The A1080P3 is comparable to anything else you find in the market that eliminates the moire effect.

#11 ·
Really great insights here - I appreciate you taking the time to write! That certainly makes me feel more comfortable about the 1080P3 material. One step closer to pulling the trigger. Has anyone found a better place to buy them besides Amazon? They only have 100" and 120". I'd love a 110"

#12 ·
I am new to PJ and have this ST screen from Amazon. My projector is in the basement with gray wall and white ceilings so a I opted to grey screen after talking to ST reps. Paired with my Sony 40ES the picture looks excellent. The installation was easy and the screen looks fine to me with no defects as far as i can see although I am not a seasoned PJ person. As far as i am concerned this was an excellent buy and met all my expectations.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I4WTFM0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

#16 · (Edited)
I'm not sure exactly what models you're looking at, but I tried out one of the Silver Ticket AT screens, and I got a pretty annoying moire effect. I ended up sending it back. Haven't tried the Elite Screens 1080P3 yet, but it looks like it will be better.

Edit: This was with a 1080P DLP projector. I've heard that projectors with the "e-shift" type technology don't have the moire effect, since the pixel grid is constantly alternating.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.