AVS Forum banner

Screen Innovations Black Diamond Sparkles

5K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  hungarianhc 
#1 ·
Does anyone with a SI Black Diamond have an issue with the sparkling effect? It's just started to bother me a little bit. I have a 120" BD ALR screen with 1.4 gain. White scenes really sparkle as do cartoons. Is there a way I can get this cut back some with projector settings? (Epson 5040UBe)

Thanks for any help

#5 ·
I kinda wish I hadn't checked one out. I'm hooked. Jesus man, I can't believe I'm gonna drop 4 grand on a screen.

#8 ·
I have an SI Zero Edge Pure White (a combination seemingly most people don't own) - it has very minor sparklies but throws a marvelous picture for gaming (and I useit in a room with ambient light).

#9 ·
Yah I toned down the brightness. The natural is just too bright. Cinema works much better.

Gaming and dark movies are amazing. Looks like a giant 4k screen.

Planet Earth II in 4k on directv is worth the price of admission alone. Thand for the replies guys.

#10 ·
I'm a new Black Diamond owner here. I thought I'd chime in on the sparkles. They are real! But man... For three days, I never noticed them. Today was the first time. My wife was watching Real Housewives, and there was some screen where like 80% of the whole screen was white. It was barely noticeable. I have only seen them on pure white. I haven't seen it on darker scenes, and I didn't find that it detracted at all. I'm kinda glad I saw them, because now I know that they are real and not a big deal. However, I think depending on your room, projector, angles, etc., some people may get them way worse. I'd say, in general, it's very important to get the projector height as close as you can to the top of the screen. The SI manual indicates this.

So far, I love my screen!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.