VAPEX screen issue (screen won't stay down) - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 04-20-2017, 10:20 PM - Thread Starter
eob

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
VAPEX screen issue (screen won't stay down)

Hi,

It's been a VERY long time since I posted here

I have a VAPEX electronic (non-tensioned) screen that I've been using for a while and has worked very well so far.

Today I was adjusting the height of the screen (the B adjustment) and it seems like I went too far (the screen went too low), and now the screen won't stay down.

If I push the down button on the remote the screen will go all the way down and then automatically go back up (and sound a fair bit louder also). And depending on where I manually stop the screen (with the middle button on the remote) the up and down buttons can seem reversed (e.g. pressing UP will make the screen go down).

I've tried adjusting the B adjustment (with the screen in many positions), and even tried meddling with the A adjustment but nothing seems to fix the issue. I tried searching online but couldn't find any info that would help me.

Anyone have any idea what I messed up?

Thanks!

Regards,
Eggert

P.s. I was adjusting it because I upgraded from the Epson 3010 to the 5040UB and just WOW!

Last edited by eob; 04-20-2017 at 10:51 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-21-2017, 08:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 477 Post(s)
Liked: 278
VisualApex

Free technical support both before and after sale - 800.883.7495

I would recommend that you give them a call. I've found them to have excellent customer support. You'll get the information you need form the source and the call is free.
post #3 of 3 Old 04-24-2017, 12:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Sounds like the screen went ALL the way down (like, to the point where it is glued on the roller), so when you get to a certain point, the "down" direction starts rolling the screen up in the other direction. You've just gone too far - and it sounds like the limits got messed up (or removed, somehow), so it just keeps going.

The tech support guys should be able to help you get that right again, just like 'b curry' said above.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Screens

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page