AVS Forum banner

Help with picture alignment with zero edge screen

944 views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  paulfromtulsa 
#1 ·
Hello guys I I recently got a zero Edge screen and having problems aligning the picture I'm missing picture on the top left corner about an inch and a half and as you go down it gets a little smaller I attached a picture so you can see what I'm talking about. My projector is mounted on a shelf on the back wall of my room. I have already tried adjusting the left and the right leg of the projector up and down but nothing seems to help. Do you guys have any idea what I can do to try to fill up the screen. The weird thing is the top side, right side and the bottom side is all alligned and I don't have overscan on the bottom right even though I have missing picture on the top left. Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

See less See more
#8 ·
I had a similar problem. It was driving me crazy that I couldn't adjust it away, but I eventually concluded it was a problem with the projector. Then I got a warranty replacement due to an unrelated issue. The replacement had the exact same problem. That's when I realized that my wall is very crooked.

#13 ·
One click of the keystone adjustment will be noticeable, it is very easy to notice with text and spreadsheet if you are doing testing. The text will look thicker and lose detail when you use the keystone adjustment. The problem with keystone is even using the smallest amount the whole picture needs to recalculated causing the picture degradation. It is not like a little is ok and more is worse. Once you reprocess the picture it is all bad, if it just truncated the overlap it wouldn't be as bad but that is not how most of them work.

#14 ·
I'm using a Sony vpl-vw600es projector and it does not have keystone. What do you mean by vertical lens offset? I can shift left, right, up, and down. With all the adjustment to get the picture to fill the screen ad much as possible, there still is that small piece of picture missing in the top left corner. It drives me crazy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

#15 · (Edited)
I'm using a Sony vpl-vw600es projector and it does not have keystone. What do you mean by vertical lens offset? I can shift left, right, up, and down. With all the adjustment to get the picture to fill the screen ad much as possible, there still is that small piece of picture missing in the top left corner.
This means the projected image is narrower at the top than at the bottom. To correct, tilt the projector up slightly using the projector mount adjustments, and then shift the image back down to centre on the screen.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.