Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

post #451 of 454 Old 09-21-2004, 07:41 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Okay guys, sorry for the longer-than-expected delay, but our new beveled-frame Criterion Series is finally shipping! Check out the Power Buy posted at the top of this forum for an AVS-members-only discount, as well as pictures of the new frame.

David Giles

WWW.CARADA.COM

What image do YOU want to project?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 454 Old 09-21-2004, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by David Giles
Okay guys, sorry for the longer-than-expected delay, but our new beveled-frame Criterion Series is finally shipping! Check out the Power Buy posted at the top of this forum for an AVS-members-only discount, as well as pictures of the new frame.

David Giles
Hello David,

I am an owner of your original frame, which I also ended up adding another 18-24†black velvet framing around the Carada frame.

I can see the difference bewteen the two frames, but I have never seen a bi-level frame/screen in action, can you briefly describe what are the benefits of a bi-level frame?

Thanks ~ Jim

Life is short, play hard.
post #453 of 454 Old 09-21-2004, 09:24 AM
AVS Club Gold

Hi Jim,

Good to hear from you!

The main difference is aesthetic. The wider frame looks very dramatic on the wall, and the bevel adds an extra degree of elegance.

But there is one potential performance advantage. With a non-beveled frame, if one's projector is above or below the frame (like an NEC HT1000 would be if memory serves me correctly) then the frame itself could block the projector's light from reaching the very edge of the viewing surface, thus creating a small shadow at the edge. The bevel on the frame lets the frame "get out of the way" of the projector's beam.

Our Precision Series is only 1" deep (by 2" wide), so it "shadows" less than popular 1 1/2" square frames, but you could still have a minor shadow with some projector installations. Granted this isn't a big issue, since in most cases, the shadow would be extremely small. But you won't have any shadow with the Criterion Series. Also, we designed the Criterion Series extrusion so that there is a "trough" in the back which allows the surface material to be in direct contact with the beveled edge of the frame, eliminating the "crack" seen between the surface material and the frame on some beveled designs.

And of course the new extrusion is incredibly strong. We haven't gotten any complaints about the strength of the Precision Series, but we wanted to make sure our Criterion Series was as strong or stronger than any frame on the market. :cool:

David Giles

WWW.CARADA.COM

post #454 of 454 Old 09-22-2004, 01:19 PM
AVS Club Gold

NOTICE:

Our mail host had some kind of serious server problem this morning, and we haven't received any emails since 9:03 am CST. I'm told this was a very rare situation (it better be!), and our email appears to be working fine now. But apparently any mail that we should have received over the last six hours won't be recoverable. It's just lost forever in cyberspace.

:confused:

So if you sent us any mail during that time, please re-send it when you get a chance. I apologize for any inconvenience, and thank you for your patience!

David Giles

WWW.CARADA.COM

Closed Thread Screens

Tags
Projection Screens , Panasonic

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page