The Official Stewart Film Screen thread. - Page 45 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 3Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1321 of 1927 Old 10-19-2011, 01:21 PM
Senior Member
 
WhereToStart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 403
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Science sales 1 View Post


what size did you have in mind with the 95?

Benito

I'm thinking 110-115 but it is a new smaller space so I am going to test out some sizes on the wall for a bit to see what actually works.

The Stewart is definitely in my short list, and the DNP, and maybe Carada.
WhereToStart is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1322 of 1927 Old 10-23-2011, 09:11 AM
Advanced Member
 
bambam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 726
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I have a Firehawk from about six years ago. It is not the G3, but just the "Firehawk" that was available at that time. What would the gain be on that screen, and would it be sufficient for 3D? It is a 92" diagonal.
bambam is online now  
post #1323 of 1927 Old 10-23-2011, 07:22 PM
Member
 
shadow39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: GTA, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 112
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Just wanted to report that I got my 110" Stewart Luxus model A installed on Saturday with their new Reflections 170 3D material. Will try and post some pics by next week but I will give a few thoughts on it now. I'm using the Sony HW30 with it placed 11'5" back and can say that hot spotting is practically non existent and I can detect no sparcklies in bright or scenes with snow. I feel it gives 2D movies a very nice pop with colours. Only thing I'm a little disappointed in is 3D movies aren't as bright as I thought they would be and when watching 2D movies if I really look at the screen I can see the texture a bit but only if I really concentrate on one spot if that makes any sense. I am surprised that the viewing angle is better than I thought it would be which is good. When putting the screen up/ down the motor is quiet. That's about it for now have only watched Star Wars episode 1 on blu ray and in 3D pirates and beauty and the beast so I want to see a few more movies in my collection before I really can say how much I like it but so far it's pretty good.
shadow39 is offline  
post #1324 of 1927 Old 10-23-2011, 08:18 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Jim Noyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Manhattan Beach, CA
Posts: 1,867
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow39 View Post

Just wanted to report that I got my 110" Stewart Luxus model A installed on Saturday with their new Reflections 170 3D material. Will try and post some pics by next week but I will give a few thoughts on it now. I'm using the Sony HW30 with it placed 11'5" back and can say that hot spotting is practically non existent and I can detect no sparcklies in bright or scenes with snow. I feel it gives 2D movies a very nice pop with colours. Only thing I'm a little disappointed in is 3D movies aren't as bright as I thought they would be and when watching 2D movies if I really look at the screen I can see the texture a bit but only if I really concentrate on one spot if that makes any sense. I am surprised that the viewing angle is better than I thought it would be which is good. When putting the screen up/ down the motor is quiet. That's about it for now have only watched Star Wars episode 1 on blu ray and in 3D pirates and beauty and the beast so I want to see a few more movies in my collection before I really can say how much I like it but so far it's pretty good.

can you do separate calibrations for 2D and 3D?

-Jim Noyd
Noyd Communications Inc.
Representing VIZIO, DVDO,
Luxury Technology Show,
Kimber Kable, Krell
Jim Noyd is offline  
post #1325 of 1927 Old 11-28-2011, 07:05 AM
AVS Special Member
 
egrady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: San Antonio, TX USA
Posts: 1,024
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I just set up my new Studiotek 130 which I purchased from AVS Science. Thanks Benito!

My old screen was a Carada BW. A good screen, but I was looking for increased brightness when needed. The difference in gain, even though both are rated about the same, was immediately apparent. The Stewart screen isn't cheap, but it is a step up and well worth the higher cost.

The one complaint I have is the mounting design. The Carada has a rail you attach to the wall. You simply place the screen frame above the rail and slide it down until it locks into place. The rail can also be leveled very easily while on the wall, which makes leveling the screen a breeze. The Stewart approach is Rube Goldberg reincarnated. I shook my head, gave up and slid the "quick snap" brackets underneath the Carada rail which I had left in place.

Stewart needs to make conventional wall mounting as simple and convenient as Carada.
egrady is online now  
post #1326 of 1927 Old 11-28-2011, 07:16 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
AV Science sales 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 141
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by egrady View Post

I just set up my new Studiotek 130 which I purchased from AVS Science. Thanks Benito!

My old screen was a Carada BW. A good screen, but I was looking for increased brightness when needed. The difference in gain, even though both are rated about the same, was immediately apparent. The Stewart screen isn't cheap, but it is a step up and well worth the higher cost.

The one complaint I have is the mounting design. The Carada has a rail you attach to the wall. You simply place the screen frame above the rail and slide it down until it locks into place. The rail can also be leveled very easily while on the wall, which makes leveling the screen a breeze. The Stewart approach is Rube Goldberg reincarnated. I shook my head, gave up and slid the "quick snap" brackets underneath the Carada rail which I had left in place.

Stewart needs to make conventional wall mounting as simple and convenient as Carada.

not a problem!! Since you paid a good amount for the screen, it's good to see that there is a clear visual difference.

I can always bring that up. I'll agree with you, some of their ways are still a bit 'old school' and works but isn't the best.

Benito

Benito Joaquin, AV Science Sales
Call Me: 1-585-454-1460 x110
Email Me: Benito@AVScience.com

Now taking pre-orders for JVC and Epson projectors!

Contact us for your screen needs!!
AV Science sales 1 is offline  
post #1327 of 1927 Old 12-05-2011, 01:31 PM
Member
 
StarFlash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does anyone who owns a Stewart screen with horizontal masking panels have a comment about the following issue I am having with my screen?

I recently acquired from AVS (Benito) a 100 inch diagonal 16:9 screen with the horizontal masking panels. When I move the lower masking panel up or down, I can hear a noise coming from the spring inside the right-hand side of the frame. It sounds as if the spring is being plucked as it expands or contracts. The spring inside the left-hand side of the frame makes no such noise. From 1999 until 2011, I owned a similar screen with an 84 inch diagonal and it made no such noise on either side. I am wondering if other people are hearing this noise with their screen's panels. Does anyone know if this noise is indicative of a problem? My panel moves up and down very smoothly, so the noise does not appear to be causing an immediate problem. I'm just concerned that if the spring is rubbing against something, it could cause the metal to wear over time and it could eventually break.
StarFlash is offline  
post #1328 of 1927 Old 12-06-2011, 05:23 AM
Ron
AVS Special Member
 
Ron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Canton, Mi
Posts: 1,029
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarFlash View Post

Does anyone who owns a Stewart screen with horizontal masking panels have a comment about the following issue I am having with my screen?

I recently acquired from AVS (Benito) a 100 inch diagonal 16:9 screen with the horizontal masking panels. When I move the lower masking panel up or down, I can hear a noise coming from the spring inside the right-hand side of the frame. It sounds as if the spring is being plucked as it expands or contracts. The spring inside the left-hand side of the frame makes no such noise. From 1999 until 2011, I owned a similar screen with an 84 inch diagonal and it made no such noise on either side. I am wondering if other people are hearing this noise with their screen's panels. Does anyone know if this noise is indicative of a problem? My panel moves up and down very smoothly, so the noise does not appear to be causing an immediate problem. I'm just concerned that if the spring is rubbing against something, it could cause the metal to wear over time and it could eventually break.

I have not heard this kind of sound. I think you're right to be concerned, I'm thinking something is slightly out of place. Maybe call Stewart about it?
Ron is offline  
post #1329 of 1927 Old 12-06-2011, 10:02 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
AV Science sales 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 141
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey Starflash,
sorry for the delay in responding. I know the sound you are referring to. I've seen and heard it before with other units with the same design as yours.

I can look into a solution for you. It's usually just replacing the spring and maybe the cord / pulley system. you'll get your hands a little dirty but should be an easy fix.

Benito

Benito Joaquin, AV Science Sales
Call Me: 1-585-454-1460 x110
Email Me: Benito@AVScience.com

Now taking pre-orders for JVC and Epson projectors!

Contact us for your screen needs!!
AV Science sales 1 is offline  
post #1330 of 1927 Old 12-10-2011, 09:53 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
R Harkness's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 11,963
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 317
This is sort of repeating a sentiment I expressed in a post on the previous page but...

I had a chance to see JVC HD250 (I believe) on a smaller Black Diamond .8 gain screen. As usual while I was initially impressed by the way the screen held very nice contrast, even on a small screen I could see the image struggling a bit brightness-wise.
Not to mention the obvious screen texture and hotspotting. (Still, an excellent product for what it's designed to do).

At home the ST-130 material makes it so much easier to have a bright, brilliant image that holds terrific contrast (excellent black levels in a light controlled room) at much larger image sizes. I can go about 10 ft wide on my ST-130 and it still looks bright, while I could already see brightness limitations on the BD/JVC combo with a 93" diag screen. The ST-130 is still seems to be the best..that is the best performing, least compromised...screen I could have chosen for my room!

I can't wait to fire up my new JVC RS55 ("4k-lite") projector on this screen!
R Harkness is offline  
post #1331 of 1927 Old 12-11-2011, 12:37 PM
Newbie
 
Dr. Horrible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Santa Cruz, California
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey, so how are you guys managing to do business with Stewart Filmscreen these days?? I've been trying since the start of November to get some samples from them via AVScience. Mike Garrett (of AVScience) must have tried at least four times now with different contacts at Stewart -- all with no result. He's finally just thrown in the towel and apologized for Stewart's apparent lack of interest in dealing with potential customers.

I've recently moved and I'm upgrading my JVC RS1 to an RS55 (coming Wednesday, woot!) and I'm looking to put in a retractable 12' x 5' screen in my new home theater space. I'd just go with Da-Lite whom I've used before for fixed screens for both myself and my brother but I'm interested in seeing Stewart's current 1.3 and 1.5 materials before deciding.

So how'd you manage to get samples from Stewart or did you just order blind? Anybody with recent Stewart samples to spare? (I'm in Santa Cruz, CA.)
Dr. Horrible is offline  
post #1332 of 1927 Old 12-11-2011, 02:29 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
longbow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Bayfield County, Wisconsin
Posts: 363
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Horrible View Post

Hey, so how are you guys managing to do business with Stewart Filmscreen these days?? I've been trying since the start of November to get some samples from them via AVScience. Mike Garrett (of AVScience) must have tried at least four times now with different contacts at Stewart -- all with no result. He's finally just thrown in the towel and apologized for Stewart's apparent lack of interest in dealing with potential customers.

I've recently moved and I'm upgrading my JVC RS1 to an RS55 (coming Wednesday, woot!) and I'm looking to put in a retractable 12' x 5' screen in my new home theater space. I'd just go with Da-Lite whom I've used before for fixed screens for both myself and my brother but I'm interested in seeing Stewart's current 1.3 and 1.5 materials before deciding.

So how'd you manage to get samples from Stewart or did you just order blind? Anybody with recent Stewart samples to spare? (I'm in Santa Cruz, CA.)

I can't speak to the slow samples, but I have 2 ST130 screens and there is nothing like that material. If you room is light controlled, it is the best I have seen. Be patient and you will be glad you took your time!

EricN
"You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike"

 

HT: Denon 4311CI, Denon DVD-5900, M&K S-150's LCR & ss-150's SL & SR, SVS PB12+, Oppo-BDP-83, Sony Cineza LCD, Stewart StudioTek 130 92"

2 Ch: MacMini,W4S DAC2 DSDse,VPI Scout 1.1&Dynavector 10X5,Cary SLI-80&Vandersteen 2Ce Signatures II's

longbow is offline  
post #1333 of 1927 Old 12-12-2011, 08:27 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
AV Science sales 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 141
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey Dr. Horrible, I have a few extra samples from my own personal stash I can probably send to you. Feel free to send me your info.

Thanks!

Benito Joaquin, AV Science Sales
Call Me: 1-585-454-1460 x110
Email Me: Benito@AVScience.com

Now taking pre-orders for JVC and Epson projectors!

Contact us for your screen needs!!
AV Science sales 1 is offline  
post #1334 of 1927 Old 12-15-2011, 11:50 AM
Member
 
Rich Wiegard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 79
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Looking for a quick sanity check on the projector / screen combination I'm using. My previous projector was an Optima HD70? from 6 or so years ago. Several months ago I switched to the Epson 9500UB. I am still using the 110" Stewart Firehawk screen I had used with my Optima. I'm not sure of the exact version of Firehawk, but it's about 6 years old if that helps, maybe even 7. Greyish/silver. I recall at the time the recommendation was to go with that screen with the DLP Optima projector. Now that my projector is no longer DLP, is that still a decent combination?

The room is a dedicated media room, minimal ambient light when watching movies. During the daytime the 2 rear windows in the room bring in a very small amount of light but I have blinds/curtains so it's very little.

Just curious on what the ideal screen is for the 9500UB. I'm tossing around the idea of maybe moving up to 120".

Thanks,
Rich
Rich Wiegard is offline  
post #1335 of 1927 Old 12-17-2011, 04:21 PM
Advanced Member
 
SKINSnCANES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 606
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Can anyone suggest a good Stewart screen to use with the Runco Q-750i with a Whitney anamorphic lens?

Anyone tried their curved screens? Do you think its worth the extra expense?

What can I expect to see using a Runco instead of a Da-lite or other less expensive brand?
SKINSnCANES is offline  
post #1336 of 1927 Old 12-17-2011, 04:25 PM
Advanced Member
 
SKINSnCANES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 606
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by drummermitchell View Post

Does anyone know how far from the wall a Stewart CineW frame sticks out from the wall 2-3".
Also with say a 40 degree curve at 120" width+5" for frame(all around),
how much would the outside curve stick out from the wall.
trying to see if I can go bigger as I have gik tritraps in my front corners and would like to keep them there.
If the curved end stick out past the tri's,then I should be good.
my wall is 12'W,I can just make it with a 120"W+10"around for the frame,
Thanks.

Did you buy this screen and try it out yet? Im looking for feedback on it. Did you user your projector with a flat screen first to be able to compare if it made a noticeable difference on the edges?
SKINSnCANES is offline  
post #1337 of 1927 Old 12-17-2011, 06:59 PM
Scott Horton, techht.com
 
GetGray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Mid-South USA
Posts: 5,445
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 51
A 56" tall (about 11' wide) 2.35 Cine-W (curved) is speced at 8" from the wall to the front edge of the frame at the sides.

Skin: I love the Firehawk material and recommend them to my customers for installations with DLP's in particular. I have one in my personal theater with a 3-chip DLP. Unless it's a Batcave, then the ST130 is very nice. Depends on your screen size and how much gain you need (or don't need).
GetGray is offline  
post #1338 of 1927 Old 12-18-2011, 01:15 PM
Advanced Member
 
SKINSnCANES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 606
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetGray View Post

A 56" tall (about 11' wide) 2.35 Cine-W (curved) is speced at 8" from the wall to the front edge of the frame at the sides.

Skin: I love the Firehawk material and recommend them to my customers for installations with DLP's in particular. I have one in my personal theater with a 3-chip DLP. Unless it's a Batcave, then the ST130 is very nice. Depends on your screen size and how much gain you need (or don't need).

My theater will be dedicated with full light control, and I believe I said Im going to use the Runco LED projector. I was looking at the Stewart studiotek 130, I was thinking that since I had a projector that does an excellent job of black levels and colors that I wanted a pure screen. Im not sure if I need a grey screen to help with contrast. I considered the 1.0 gain screen but figured the little bit of extra gain would be nice for times when there may be some lights on.

I know people talk about the LEDs not having enough light but frankly from what I've seen in the few demos this is a statement not based on having seen it. It bright scenes it was too bright and I would have preferred the output turned down. I think it has plenty of light for viewing. And the detail in black scenes was outstanding.
SKINSnCANES is offline  
post #1339 of 1927 Old 12-18-2011, 01:18 PM
Advanced Member
 
SKINSnCANES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 606
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetGray View Post

A 56" tall (about 11' wide) 2.35 Cine-W (curved) is speced at 8" from the wall to the front edge of the frame at the sides.

Skin: I love the Firehawk material and recommend them to my customers for installations with DLP's in particular. I have one in my personal theater with a 3-chip DLP. Unless it's a Batcave, then the ST130 is very nice. Depends on your screen size and how much gain you need (or don't need).

GetGray - Is the Firehawk screen grey or white? I was assuming it was grey but then I thought about it and I'm not actually sure. I looked on stewarts site and saw there is two fire hawk screens but I can't see if its white or grey. Theres the Firehawk G3 and SST
SKINSnCANES is offline  
post #1340 of 1927 Old 12-18-2011, 06:14 PM
 
BobL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 3,797
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 53
The firehawk is gray. The SST is for shorter throw installations.
BobL is offline  
post #1341 of 1927 Old 12-18-2011, 07:10 PM
Advanced Member
 
SKINSnCANES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 606
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobL View Post

The firehawk is gray. The SST is for shorter throw installations.

how do you define short throw? My room is 17 feet long, so the throw will be between 14-15 feet. 1.87 is the min ratio and it will be close to that, maybe around 2
SKINSnCANES is offline  
post #1342 of 1927 Old 12-18-2011, 09:30 PM
 
BobL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 3,797
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 53
SST throw ratios 1.4-1.6
G3 throw ratios 1.6 or >
BobL is offline  
post #1343 of 1927 Old 12-19-2011, 07:25 AM
Senior Member
 
IGO2XS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Sarasota, FL
Posts: 300
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I have been looking at many screens and have settled on purchasing a Stewart Screen. I am using a DP M-Vison Cine 260 HC (high contrast) projector. The specs say it is 2000 lumens. I do have a few windows that will be covered with very heavy black out draperies but I only watch movies at night anyway so there would be complete darkness. I do need an accoustically transparent screen as I will have my center channel speaker behind the screen. The screen will be 16:9 (1:78) and approximately 135 "wide. Would appreciate any opinions on this. thank you. Mark






http://www.digitalprojection.com/Bro...1/Default.aspx
IGO2XS is offline  
post #1344 of 1927 Old 12-19-2011, 08:52 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
AV Science sales 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 141
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by IGO2XS View Post

I have been looking at many screens and have settled on purchasing a Stewart Screen. I am using a DP M-Vison Cine 260 HC (high contrast) projector. The specs say it is 2000 lumens. I do have a few windows that will be covered with very heavy black out draperies but I only watch movies at night anyway so there would be complete darkness. I do need an accoustically transparent screen as I will have my center channel speaker behind the screen. The screen will be 16:9 (1:78) and approximately 135 "wide. Would appreciate any opinions on this. thank you. Mark






http://www.digitalprojection.com/Bro...1/Default.aspx

That M Vision is one of my favorite projectors. I've seen it paired up with Stewart screens with amazing results. At 135" wide, that's a pretty big 16:9 screen. I would suggest you look into the Ultramatte 130 or possibly jumping up into the Ultramatte 150. Both available in microperf.

Benito

Benito Joaquin, AV Science Sales
Call Me: 1-585-454-1460 x110
Email Me: Benito@AVScience.com

Now taking pre-orders for JVC and Epson projectors!

Contact us for your screen needs!!
AV Science sales 1 is offline  
post #1345 of 1927 Old 12-19-2011, 09:57 AM
AVS Special Member
 
rovingtravler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Clovis, NM
Posts: 1,262
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKINSnCANES View Post

Can anyone suggest a good Stewart screen to use with the Runco Q-750i with a Whitney anamorphic lens?

Anyone tried their curved screens? Do you think its worth the extra expense?

What can I expect to see using a Runco instead of a Da-lite or other less expensive brand?

The real question is what size do you want? with a 1.0 gain at 98" diag you will get around 16 FL at 120" diag 1.0 gain you will get around 10.5 FL

What do you consider a good level of light? Also is you get a Stewart you can go up in gain without hotspoting. a 1.3 Studiotek G3 is a great pairing and I have see the Q-750i with a 135" diag scope ST130 G3. with more than enough light to have a great experience.

David

"You buy a Ferrari when you want to be somebody. You buy a Lamborghini when you are somebody." - Frank Sinatra
rovingtravler is offline  
post #1346 of 1927 Old 01-05-2012, 12:22 PM
Newbie
 
lem321's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Question about Stewart tensioned screens and remote control:
I was doing some research on the Stewart tensioned screens and noticed that the amount of extension of the screen comes pre-set from the factory to drop a certain distance (depending on the customer's specs). According to the owner's manual, there is some range of adjustment so you can limit or extend the drop by +/- a few inches. Does anyone know if this negatively affects the tab-tensioning system if this is done? Also there is a bewildering array of options to control the screen remotely (up and down, masking, etc). Does Stewart have a remote option (IR or RF) that permits use of a universal remote such as the Logitech Harmony One?
lem321 is offline  
post #1347 of 1927 Old 01-05-2012, 05:56 PM
Member
 
marswill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Fremont, California
Posts: 49
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I just ordered my screen with the 12V trigger option. This will allow your projector, AV receiver, or in my case the video processor, to lower and raise the screen. My AV receiver and video processor both support the 12V trigger feature. Most projectors do also but my JVC RS1 projector doesn't support this feature.
marswill is offline  
post #1348 of 1927 Old 01-06-2012, 08:43 AM
Senior Member
 
joepaiii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 415
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
All I have the chance to get a used 120 16x9 Stewart Firehawk screen. Not sure how old it is. What should I look out for when inspecting the screen? Does Stewart's gain covering wear off? How easily is it damagd? What would be a reasonable price?
joepaiii is offline  
post #1349 of 1927 Old 01-06-2012, 08:45 AM
Senior Member
 
joepaiii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 415
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepaiii View Post

All I have the chance to get a used 120 16x9 Stewart Firehawk screen. Not sure how old it is. What should I look out for when inspecting the screen? Does Stewart's gain covering wear off? How easily is it damagd? What would be a reasonable price?

Also it had a model number of It's SNDQ120HFWezX.

Is there anyway to tell if this is an SST or G3?
joepaiii is offline  
post #1350 of 1927 Old 01-06-2012, 02:45 PM
Newbie
 
dasoccerbomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Need a recommendation on Screen. Like many other people here I am trying to decide between the Firehawk G3 and the Studiotek 130. My room is completely light controlled the walls are dark gray and the ceiling is even darker. My problem is that i do have 4 light Sconces. Two on the back wall where the projector will be mounted and two on the side wall because of this i am thrown on witch material to get. I have not purchased my PJ yet buy think i have decided on the EPSON 6010. I am including a model of the room to give you guys a better idea of what the room looks like (The window in the model is going to be 100% covered). Oh yeah the PJ will be mounted 15' 9" away and i am considering going with a 110" screen. Thanks Guys


dasoccerbomb is offline  
Reply Screens

Tags
Projection Screens , Stewart Firehawk G3

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off