The Official Stewart Film Screen thread. - Page 67 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 20Likes

post #1981 of 1983 Old Today, 11:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Location: In my home theater ( when I'm not rock climbing, cycling or kayaking ) - Sacramento CA area
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 848 Post(s)
Liked: 621
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Hampton View Post
Hi,

I always wanted a Stewart screen and today I scored 2 used screens for $100 with frame.

The down side is they are 4:3 but I will mask them to 16:9. (The other down side is the resulting screen will be small at 77 inches but I am used to 80 and it's not a big deal.

One says Firehawk the other says Studiotec 130... I don't know which one to try first.

I use a Sony HW30ES in a fully light controlled room so I believe the Studiotec is the better choice..... I've never tried a grey screen though so I may have to start with that one for curiosity sake.

-Brian

I'd try the StudioTek first myself.
Brian Hampton likes this.

Craig Peer, AV Science Sales. Call me on my direct line - 585-671-2972, 8:30am - 4:30pm PST, Monday - Friday
Email me at craig@avscience.com http://shop.avscience.com/
Yes, we sell Home Theater gear right here at AVS !!
JVC, Sony, Epson, DPI, SIM2, SV Sound, Martin Logan, RBH, and many more!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1982 of 1983 Old Today, 12:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 337 Post(s)
Liked: 141
Agreed and can't wait......I have to run errands now for a while but I still can't wait.
post #1983 of 1983 Old Today, 12:28 PM
wse
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 901 Post(s)
Liked: 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK Doom View Post
I just wanted to put some kudos the Stewart Filmscreen company. My Cinecurve 181 was installed by a HT installer per their instructions and it had a few issues on the ends, tension issues. They came out on 2 separate occassions free of charge to correct the problems and everything is perfect. Not sure how other companies stand behind their screens, especially when installed by someone else, but they stood behind theirs.
I had the same issue order a FHG3 in ceiling years ago when it was delivered the screen had urine stain on it RAT"! They sent back a replacement the dealer who is ow OOB did a crappy job and broke a string. Stewart send on of their tech to fix the problems!

That' why you pay premium for their screen, the tech who came to my house was currently working on Keanu Reeves HT !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Screens

Tags
Projection Screens , Stewart Firehawk G3

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page