The Official Stewart Film Screen thread. - Page 71 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 147Likes

Old 12-23-2015, 06:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Lightbulb

Hi

I am virgin when becomes to projectors and screens.
I have a vpl 65es.
I am from uk and here is the problem.
For you guys from USA its easy to get the best screen as all major manufacturers are from USA or Canada( i guess goo paint is from Canada).
I am looking to buy a stewart tiburon G2.
Here in UK tiburon g2 100diagonal is for 1440 pounds , but when i asked for for firehawk g4 then i have been told that it will be 2,4 k plus vat ( i am talking about fixed frames and waiting time is from 6-8 weeks in both cases)
so 2,4 k plus vat in pounds is a Lot comparing to tiburon g2 in fixed frame for half price.
In Manchester where i come from there is no display rooms , no chance for any samples , actually i found one in next town with only one screen in bat cave and one ambient light screen, i couldn't compare anything.
The point is that my room is not perfect , white ceiling , a lot of reflections , so i am looking for something ambient light rejection screen , and as far i know the Germans review are pointing the Stewart screens as top pick.

Can you pleas at least advice anything ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2015, 07:29 PM

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeUKman View Post
Hi

I am virgin when becomes to projectors and screens.
I have a vpl 65es.
I am from uk and here is the problem.
For you guys from USA its easy to get the best screen as all major manufacturers are from USA or Canada( i guess goo paint is from Canada).
I am looking to buy a stewart tiburon G2.
Here in UK tiburon g2 100diagonal is for 1440 pounds , but when i asked for for firehawk g4 then i have been told that it will be 2,4 k plus vat ( i am talking about fixed frames and waiting time is from 6-8 weeks in both cases)
so 2,4 k plus vat in pounds is a Lot comparing to tiburon g2 in fixed frame for half price.
In Manchester where i come from there is no display rooms , no chance for any samples , actually i found one in next town with only one screen in bat cave and one ambient light screen, i couldn't compare anything.
The point is that my room is not perfect , white ceiling , a lot of reflections , so i am looking for something ambient light rejection screen , and as far i know the Germans review are pointing the Stewart screens as top pick.

Can you pleas at least advice anything ?
Thank you Mike for your interest in Stewart Filmscreen.
We do have two distributors in the UK. Perhaps they can help you with arranging samples.
Please see the following links.

Custom AV Distribution Ltd
Heynes Green
MaidenheadSL6 3NA
Berkshire United Kingdom
info@cavd.co.uk

Invision UK Ltd
Alexander House
3 Hillside Business Park
IP32 7EA Suffolk
tom.garrett@invisionuk.com

Happy Holidays.
Regards,

Regards,
Don Stewart
Manufactures of Precision Professional Projection Screens.
http://www.stewartfilmscreen.com/

Last edited by Don Stewart; 12-23-2015 at 07:36 PM.
Old 01-03-2016, 07:04 PM

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Happy New Year to all.

I've been doing quite a lot of research among all screen manufacturers to meet the needs of our space and needs. I don't have the ability to design and build a dedicated black hole (someday). Instead I have a finished walk out basement which is a multi purpose media room/family room. Compromise with the Wife. Given the space restrictions for the screen wall and moderate light, I've been having a heck of a time deciding between a small 92" screen and speakers flanking it, or a full wall 120-125" screen ALR, which means I can't have my cake and eat it too (have to lose ALR and go matte)

My sliding glass door and side windows are going to be treated for blackout. Most likely ambient light will be from dimmed overhead cans at 7' height. Screen wall is 10' by 7' high. Really want to fill it with a screen. Viewing is 15' back.

So in addition to being the foremost builder of screens in the industry, I'm here for I guess two, well maybe three reasons:

1. Have my cake and eat it too (Firehawk G4 Perf'd- ALR and AT)
2. Buy once buy right
3. Seems the owner of this organization also suffers from the same illness I do and have for decades: unyielding desire to take a metal tube, make it go 500mph at 8 miles over the earth and back again.

Looking to go with a 2.35 110-115 wide G4 Perforated or a 16:9 120-125" diagonal.

I'm a big fan of the masking panels for the Seymour Premiere, to black out for 16:9. I don't see this as an affordable option with this product, only expensive motorized masking?

Thanks in advance..

Feedback from those running the G4?
How far back does speaker front need to be from perf material to be effective (I don't have much depth either)

Any other thoughts appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-03-2016, 08:04 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by razevents View Post
Happy New Year to all.

I've been doing quite a lot of research among all screen manufacturers to meet the needs of our space and needs. I don't have the ability to design and build a dedicated black hole (someday). Instead I have a finished walk out basement which is a multi purpose media room/family room. Compromise with the Wife. Given the space restrictions for the screen wall and moderate light, I've been having a heck of a time deciding between a small 92" screen and speakers flanking it, or a full wall 120-125" screen ALR, which means I can't have my cake and eat it too (have to lose ALR and go matte)

My sliding glass door and side windows are going to be treated for blackout. Most likely ambient light will be from dimmed overhead cans at 7' height. Screen wall is 10' by 7' high. Really want to fill it with a screen. Viewing is 15' back.

So in addition to being the foremost builder of screens in the industry, I'm here for I guess two, well maybe three reasons:

1. Have my cake and eat it too (Firehawk G4 Perf'd- ALR and AT)
2. Buy once buy right
3. Seems the owner of this organization also suffers from the same illness I do and have for decades: unyielding desire to take a metal tube, make it go 500mph at 8 miles over the earth and back again.

Looking to go with a 2.35 110-115 wide G4 Perforated or a 16:9 120-125" diagonal.

I'm a big fan of the masking panels for the Seymour Premiere, to black out for 16:9. I don't see this as an affordable option with this product, only expensive motorized masking?

Thanks in advance..

Feedback from those running the G4?
How far back does speaker front need to be from perf material to be effective (I don't have much depth either)

Any other thoughts appreciated.
The view from 15' requires as big a screen as possible. Don't even think about 92".

Go 100% full width either AT or horizontal LCR below 2.35 screen.

But don't go 2.35. Go 2.39, which is the true AR of (almost) all recent wide movies, to avoid top + bottom letterbox slivers.

If you have the budget, side masking panels would be wonderful for CIH and watching 1.78 TV.
Don Stewart and razevents like this.
Old 01-04-2016, 04:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 679 Post(s)
Liked: 311
The G4 is a great material and one of my favorites for ALR. It has less artifacts than most of the other brands, its tradeoff is its ALR capabilities. Some other screens will do better with ambient light but have more artifacts. Since you have some control over that I think this is a good choice. Ideally, speakers should be about 1 foot behind the perf screen but they can be a little closer.

16:9 vs. 2.35 comes down to what type of material you like to watch. I am a movie watcher so I prefer 2.35 and that is what I own but I install all types. If most of your material is 16:9 like sports, gaming, TV and only watch an occasional movie than a 16:9 screen makes sense. It also depends on how you are going to do 2.35, zoom vs. anamorphic lens. Some installs I do use an anamorphic lens all the time and just stretch their 16:9 material. I have tried this at home to try it and no one seems to notice, except me of course. I find it a little more noticeable on TV than sports and for gaming it doesn't bother me at all. But, most people will never notice and some prefer it that way to fill the screen, YMMV. Masking would of course would be preferred but it does add to the cost quite a bit.
Don Stewart likes this.
Old 01-04-2016, 11:23 AM

The Stewart Microperf screen perforation pattern has over 30,000 .024 diameter holes per square foot. The total open area is 10.2 percent of the surface area. Most installations place the speakers 2-3 inches behind the screen surface. With that said, the optimum is 12 inches when measured by audio test equipment. For me, when testing, I can not hear the different but I do not have golden ears.
Also, when speakers are going to be placed close to screen it is recommended to use a speaker design with hi frequency horns instead of a single dome tweeter. High frequency horns distribute the sound waves over a larger screen area which allows better high frequency response to the listener.

The graph below is the audio sound pressure with dome tweeter speaker positioned two inches away from screen. This is prior to EQ of system.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Stewart Microperf.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	13.6 KB
ID:	1161042  
henrich3 likes this.

Regards,
Don Stewart
Old 01-04-2016, 05:25 PM

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Thanks to all that have commented and provided me feedback and to Mr. Stewart for the info on speaker placement behind the perf. Unfortunately, I got the quote today for a Perf'd G4. I was good up until the perf part on cost, then out of the ballpark the ball sailed. So much for eating the cake. Thanks again all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-31-2016, 09:19 AM

Just like to say that Stewart Filmscreen is honored to be featured in February's "Scott Wilkinson's AVS Home Theater of the Month".
The room designer and integrator is by the highly respected Dennis Erskine. Here is the link to the thread and video.
HT of the Month: The Barber Theater
Craig Peer likes this.

Regards,
Don Stewart
Old 02-06-2016, 05:47 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Id like a bit of advice please (if possible)
I'm based in the Uk & there's not really much in the way of reviews over here for the Stewart screens..
Our viewing distance will be around 14 foot, so I'm contemplating perhaps around a 135" diagonal screen (electric), my problem is whether to get a Grey or a White screen?
It will be for film watching only & in the evenings, the windows will all be blacked out & hopefully the walls will also be on the dark side.
Only the ceilings & flooring will be a light colour, with this in mind can anyone please recommend a screen?
Thanks
Old 02-07-2016, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chappieman View Post
Id like a bit of advice please (if possible)
I'm based in the Uk & there's not really much in the way of reviews over here for the Stewart screens..
Our viewing distance will be around 14 foot, so I'm contemplating perhaps around a 135" diagonal screen (electric), my problem is whether to get a Grey or a White screen?
It will be for film watching only & in the evenings, the windows will all be blacked out & hopefully the walls will also be on the dark side.
Only the ceilings & flooring will be a light colour, with this in mind can anyone please recommend a screen?

Thanks
I would consider a white screen, StudioTek 130 to be more specific if you considering a Stewart Filmscreen product, with the room and viewing conditions you state above.

Regards,
Don Stewart
Old 02-08-2016, 11:32 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Stewart View Post
I would consider a white screen, StudioTek 130 to be more specific if you considering a Stewart Filmscreen product, with the room and viewing conditions you state above.
Thanks for the advice, been advised towards the Stewart Cima with Tiburan from a UK dealer?

All this is driving me nuts, i sometimes wish i had a more straightforward hobby
Old 02-08-2016, 11:37 AM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Hi Don,

What's your thoughts on Tela vs ST130 Microperf 144" wide for JVC RS600?

Thanks.
Old 02-08-2016, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joaquin View Post
Hi Don,

What's your thoughts on Tela vs ST130 Microperf 144" wide for JVC RS600?

Thanks.
Hi Joaquin,
Pretty much no contest with a screen that wide. I would go for more gain to get the image brightness plus a little headroom. Your JVC is rated at 1900 lumens. When I calculate predicted screen brightness, I take a conservative approach. I discount projector published lumens by 40% allowing for some PJ image calibration, lamp brightness fall off, and sometimes over stated marketing lumen spec. With Tela 80 your screen foot lamberts would only be in the neighborhood 11.2 fL. With the StudioTek 130 AT, the net gain after perforations is about 1.2 gain and would give around 16.5 fL. If this were my room in my house, I would consider Ultramatte 150 material. This material is basically StudioTek 130 on steroids with and extra optical gain coating and you have closer to 20 fL.

The Utramatte 150 prefers a longer throw distance than the fore-mentioned materials. A minimum of 18 feet would be required.
See material comparison chart link.: http://www.stewartfilmscreen.com/scr...ont-projection

Edit: Please be advised that Tela 80 name is being revised to, "Harmony AT woven screen." The gain specs are the same. Just a little tighter weave.

Regards,
Don Stewart

Last edited by Don Stewart; 02-08-2016 at 03:19 PM.
Old 02-09-2016, 07:25 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 612 Post(s)
Liked: 426
Mr Stewart, I wanted to drop you a note of thanks for the Cima line of screens from Stewart. I recently switched from an A-lens set up, which included an SMX Procurv 2.35 Scope screen. When conducting my research and seeking advice from others that I respect (including the AVS sales staff of Mike and Craig), I was introduced to the Cima line. The price and performance ratio looks fantastic. I placed my order last week and am really looking forward to seeing the Cima screen performance in my room.

Stewart, CIMA® Fixed Wall Screen [00900], Model# CIF125SNEVEWX
Image Size: 49in x 115in (125in diag.) Aspect Ratio 2.35:1
Material: Neve -Front Projection Seamless
Screen Material Outside Diameter: 52in x 118in
Frame Overall Dimension: 54.125in x 120.125in
Finish: VeLux
Mounting: WallMount

My room would be considered a black hole (Light absorbent velvet panels creating a shadow box around the screen and screen wall. Black carpeting with dark gray walls and black ceiling (beyond the shadow box). I am mating the screen with the JVC RS500 projector, which is mounted 14.5 ft from the screen.

I am very excited to see the results.

Thanks again
Ron
DavidHir likes this.

"Retired" AVS Moderator
FS SMX Scope Screen for $700 http://www.avsforum.com/forum/218-di...een-700-a.html
FS ISCO III (sold pending payment) http://www.avsforum.com/forum/218-di...hht-stand.html
Old 02-09-2016, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rboster View Post
Mr Stewart, I wanted to drop you a note of thanks for the Cima line of screens from Stewart. I recently switched from an A-lens set up, which included an SMX Procurv 2.35 Scope screen. When conducting my research and seeking advice from others that I respect (including the AVS sales staff of Mike and Craig), I was introduced to the Cima line. The price and performance ratio looks fantastic. I placed my order last week and am really looking forward to seeing the Cima screen performance in my room.

My room would be considered a black hole (Light absorbent velvet panels creating a shadow box around the screen and screen wall. Black carpeting with dark gray walls and black ceiling (beyond the shadow box). I am mating the screen with the JVC RS500 projector, which is mounted 14.5 ft from the screen.

Thanks again
Ron
Hi Ron,
Thank you for your purchase of a Cima Neve Fixed screen. Your room sounds perfect for a flat finish matte white screen. Please report after install and you have a few movies on the new screen under your belt. Again, thank you.
rboster likes this.

Regards,
Don Stewart
Old 02-09-2016, 10:37 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Hi Ron,
Thank you for your purchase of a Cima Neve Fixed screen. Your room sounds perfect for a flat finish matte white screen. Please report after install and you have a few movies on the new screen under your belt. Again, thank you.
More than happy to share my thoughts. My only current problem now it putting off certain movies in anticipation of seeing them on my new Stewart Screen.
Don Stewart likes this.

"Retired" AVS Moderator
FS SMX Scope Screen for $700 http://www.avsforum.com/forum/218-di...een-700-a.html
FS ISCO III (sold pending payment) http://www.avsforum.com/forum/218-di...hht-stand.html
Old 02-09-2016, 10:49 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1185 Post(s)
Liked: 971
It sounds like you made a great choice, Ron. From everything I've heard and read, anyone who needs the best, nearest step up in gain from 1.0/ST100, the Cime Neve is it!
rboster and Don Stewart like this.

Old 02-09-2016, 10:50 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Been thinking of upgrading my Stewart Fire hawk G-3(235.1)
She's 49'x 128" I believe.
The room is pretty much a black pit,my concern would be light from the screen spilling onto the speakers(about one foot from screen face and most of the speaker cabinet is a light wood finish(ash)
Oops my pict went to the bottom.
I use a Jvc rs-600 and projector is 13' from screen.

Was thinking Studiotek 130 or Studiotek 100
Have read 130 has some sparkle which can be seen at times
Wonder if my speakers would reflect to much light back onto the screen,THX.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0143.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	144.4 KB
ID:	1241337  

Last edited by drummermitchell; 02-09-2016 at 11:33 AM. Reason: no picture
Old 02-09-2016, 12:09 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidHir View Post
It sounds like you made a great choice, Ron. From everything I've heard and read, anyone who needs the best, nearest step up in gain from 1.0/ST100, the Cime Neve is it!
That was what my research showed me too. BTW: never get a chance to say thanks to you...you are a terrific contributor at AVS. I appreciate the knowledge and good will you bring to the table.

Ron
DavidHir and lancenell like this.

"Retired" AVS Moderator
Old 02-10-2016, 09:33 AM
Home Theater Lover!

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1983 Post(s)
Liked: 1812
Quote:

Thanks again
Ron
I think you will be very pleased. I;ve had mine since Sept. of 2013 ! Love it !
rboster likes this.

AV Science, Inc. Direct (585) 671-2972 craig@avscience.com www.avscience.com Like us on Facebook

Home theater equipment sales and advice. Call to see the JVC RS600 in Northern California

My theater pics - http://www.avsforum.com/photopost/sh...hp?cat=2386514
Old 02-10-2016, 11:44 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Peer View Post
I think you will be very pleased. I;ve had mine since Sept. of 2013 ! Love it !
I think so too. Hopefully it ships early next week. I would love to have it in place before next weekend.

"Retired" AVS Moderator
Old 02-10-2016, 12:07 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 3835 Post(s)
Liked: 2324
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Hi Joaquin,
Pretty much no contest with a screen that wide. I would go for more gain to get the image brightness plus a little headroom. Your JVC is rated at 1900 lumens. When I calculate predicted screen brightness, I take a conservative approach. I discount projector published lumens by 40% allowing for some PJ image calibration, lamp brightness fall off, and sometimes over stated marketing lumen spec. With Tela 80 your screen foot lamberts would only be in the neighborhood 11.2 fL. With the StudioTek 130 AT, the net gain after perforations is about 1.2 gain and would give around 16.5 fL. If this were my room in my house, I would consider Ultramatte 150 material. This material is basically StudioTek 130 on steroids with and extra optical gain coating and you have closer to 20 fL.

The Utramatte 150 prefers a longer throw distance than the fore-mentioned materials. A minimum of 18 feet would be required.
See material comparison chart link.: http://www.stewartfilmscreen.com/scr...ont-projection

Edit: Please be advised that Tela 80 name is being revised to, "Harmony AT woven screen." The gain specs are the same. Just a little tighter weave.
Don, I agree with most projectors, discounting 40% is about right, but not with the JVC's. JVC is pretty good with their specs. 60% of 1,900 lumens is 1,140 lumens. An RS600 can do around 1,300 Rec709 calibrated lumens in low lamp and around 1,700 Rec709 calibrated lumens in high lamp.

AV Science Sales, 585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com
Sony, JVC, Epson, Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Triad, Atlantic Tech, M&K, RBH, SVS, Polk, Stewart, Seymour, Falcon, DNP, SI, Screen Excellence, Carada, MicroLite & more.
Old 02-10-2016, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Garrett View Post
Don, I agree with most projectors, discounting 40% is about right, but not with the JVC's. JVC is pretty good with their specs. 60% of 1,900 lumens is 1,140 lumens. An RS600 can do around 1,300 Rec709 calibrated lumens in low lamp and around 1,700 Rec709 calibrated lumens in high lamp.
You are absolutely right. I have not tested a JVC PJ in over five years in our lab to check lumen output.. But the JVC PJ's I did test in the past were very close to published specs. I know quite a few of the engineering guys from JVC and many of them came from the Aerospace industry where accurate specs are everything.
It is good to hear that JVC is still practicing honest specs ethics. Thank you Mike for pointing that out.
Mike Garrett likes this.

Regards,
Don Stewart
Old 02-10-2016, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummermitchell View Post
The room is pretty much a black pit,my concern would be light from the screen spilling onto the speakers(about one foot from screen face and most of the speaker cabinet is a light wood finish(ash)

Hi Mitchell.
Are the very back of your speakers that face the screen factory finished in matte black or do the have a wood finish? If they have a shinny wood finish you could always black them out with some self adhesive black matte material to reduce cross reflection. Just sayin.

BTW. Nice Theater!

Regards,
Don Stewart

Last edited by Don Stewart; 02-10-2016 at 06:28 PM.
Old 02-11-2016, 06:16 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Quote:
Hi Mitchell.
Are the very back of your speakers that face the screen factory finished in matte black or do the have a wood finish? If they have a shinny wood finish you could always black them out with some self adhesive black matte material to reduce cross reflection. Just sayin.

BTW. Nice Theater!
My LCR speakers sit close to the screen. I place painters tape on the top (outline) of the speakers. Then I put double sided tape between the painters tape and prostar (light absorption material).

http://www.fpi-protostar.com/hitack.htm

The prostar was created to use inside of telescopes (flocking) for it's light absorption properties). I use the non-adhesive version. The reason for the painters tape is that it doesn't leave adhesive on the speaker's finish.

The results are great-light absorption and still maintains the speakers finished appearance. There is a terrific discussion in the 3k plus projector forum about taming light reflections in a room. I'll add the link to this post.

Update with link: "Black" Theater Improvment Thread (Once you go black you never go back?)
Don Stewart and DavidHir like this.

"Retired" AVS Moderator

Last edited by rboster; 02-11-2016 at 06:17 AM. Reason: added link
Old 02-11-2016, 07:20 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 3835 Post(s)
Liked: 2324
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
You are absolutely right. I have not tested a JVC PJ in over five years in our lab to check lumen output.. But the JVC PJ's I did test in the past were very close to published specs. I know quite a few of the engineering guys from JVC and many of them came from the Aerospace industry where accurate specs are everything.
It is good to hear that JVC is still practicing honest specs ethics. Thank you Mike for pointing that out.
Yes, JVC like Stewart tries to put out honest specs. I think honesty in the specs should be applauded. Not too many companies give honest specs.
Don Stewart likes this.

AV Science Sales, 585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com
Sony, JVC, Epson, Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Triad, Atlantic Tech, M&K, RBH, SVS, Polk, Stewart, Seymour, Falcon, DNP, SI, Screen Excellence, Carada, MicroLite & more.
Old 02-11-2016, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Hi Mitchell.

BTW. Nice Theater!
Thanks Don,
they have a flat black finish half way on the sides and back.
As mentioned above I have the Firehawk G-3 in there now.
Any thoughts on the Studiotek 130/100 for this room with the JVC rs-600.
The room is very dark as there are no windows ect,Thanks.

Last edited by drummermitchell; 02-11-2016 at 08:42 AM. Reason: mispelling
Old 02-11-2016, 08:40 AM

Quote:
My LCR speakers sit close to the screen. I place painters tape on the top (outline) of the speakers. Then I put double sided tape between the painters tape and prostar (light absorption material).

http://www.fpi-protostar.com/hitack.htm

The prostar was created to use inside of telescopes (flocking) for it's light absorption properties). I use the non-adhesive version. The reason for the painters tape is that it doesn't leave adhesive on the speaker's finish.

The results are great-light absorption and still maintains the speakers finished appearance. There is a terrific discussion in the 3k plus projector forum about taming light reflections in a room. I'll add the link to this post.

Update with link: "Black" Theater Improvment Thread (Once you go black you never go back?)
Thanks for the link,
I can see other area of use for this,THX.
rboster likes this.
Old 02-11-2016, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Thanks Don,
they have a flat black finish half way on the sides and back.
As mentioned above I have the Firehawk G-3 in there now.
Any thoughts on the Studiotek 130/100 for this room with the JVC rs-600.
The room is very dark as there are no windows ect,Thanks.
Your room certainly meets the recommended "Theater Dark" criteria for utilizing a white screen. If you decide to go down that path please note that your existing frame can be retrofitted with new material. But with that said, if on occasion you do watch sports and like some room lighting on, then I would stick with your existing FireHawk.
drummermitchell likes this.

Regards,
Don Stewart

Last edited by Don Stewart; 02-11-2016 at 09:05 AM.
Old 02-11-2016, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Your room certainly meets the recommended "Theater Dark" criteria for utilizing a white screen. If you decide to go down that path please note that your existing frame can be retrofitted with new material. But with that said, if on occasion you do watch sports and like some room lighting on, then I would stick with your existing FireHawk.
Hi Don,
the reason for the Firehawk was my dealer preferred it to the 130 was the FH looked more film like.Strictly concerts and movies.
Any thoughts on ST-130 or the ST-100 with the JVC-rs-600 in this room.
Will be going with either one,just not sure which would be better for this room
I believe I'm 9-10' from screen seating wise.
Thanks for heads up on retro fitting the screen.
Will chat with my dealer and perhaps I could trade the FH in on a 130 or 100.

Last edited by drummermitchell; 02-11-2016 at 10:18 AM. Reason: addition
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
Projection Screens , Stewart Firehawk G3
taboola here