The Official Stewart Film Screen thread. - Page 90 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 257Likes

post #2671 of 2672 Old Yesterday, 09:55 PM
Home Theater Lover

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3835 Post(s)
Liked: 3830
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rex View Post
Agreed... With my 5000 viewing bluray, on a non-perfed 14' ST100, I am getting a very bright image with the laser at less than 50% (45-ish). Nice to have it running cool, and have the laser on such a low setting. HDR is still nice at around 78 on the laser, so still technically in low mode. High mode with associated fan noise and heat kicks in at 80 laser and above. There is so much usable light headroom on the 5000 that it's a perfect match for the ST100. Of course a careful eye needs to be applied to theater colors and room materials.
How many foot lamberts do you watch at with your VW5000 ?

Current home theater photos - http://www.avsforum.com/photopost/sh...hp?cat=2386514

craigpeer@earthlink.net
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2672 of 2672 Old Today, 05:36 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 704 Post(s)
Liked: 634
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rex View Post
Agreed... With my 5000 viewing bluray, on a non-perfed 14' ST100, I am getting a very bright image with the laser at less than 50% (45-ish). Nice to have it running cool, and have the laser on such a low setting. HDR is still nice at around 78 on the laser, so still technically in low mode. High mode with associated fan noise and heat kicks in at 80 laser and above. There is so much usable light headroom on the 5000 that it's a perfect match for the ST100. Of course a careful eye needs to be applied to theater colors and room materials.
Having had a couple screens the past couple years I can say without a doubt the ST100 is hands down our best presentation. The image has never been so clean to our eyes. Ken W. suggested it and I have to say I am damn glad I listened to him. The Alien movie (new one) and Guardians are breathtaking! Football with all my crazy eye candy settings has never looked better. If you have the extra brightness use it! We are hosting a party for the fight this weekend and the ST100/5000ES and new Sony 75" model will be front and center.

My Martin Logan Illusion & Impressions Review:
http://hstrial-jrodriguez996.homeste...=1494808387395
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Screens

Tags
Projection Screens , Stewart Firehawk G3

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page