post #1441 of 1465 Old 08-01-2014, 05:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Giles View Post
Carada was launched 11 years ago today! The AVS Forum, and its awesome member base, has been a huge part of our success, so I just wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone here.
Congratulations! I've had my 118" 16:9 BW (with DIY masking) for many years now and I'm still loving it.

Wished I could afford a new Masquerade!
David Giles likes this.

See ya. Dave

"High Fidelity audio has been like a dog chasing his tail. High Fidelity in my marriage has been much more rewarding cause she knows where I sleep."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1442 of 1465 Old 08-04-2014, 06:05 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Thumbs up

Thanks Jive Turkey!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

What image do YOU want to project?
post #1443 of 1465 Old 08-05-2014, 07:38 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post

Wished I could afford a new Masquerade!

I second that! I'm in the process of doing a DIY masking system and would LOVE to just get the Masquerade instead. I'm sure they have got to need a beta tester for a custom size screen.
David Giles likes this.
post #1444 of 1465 Old 08-05-2014, 10:14 AM
AVS Club Gold

Believe me, I wish we could sell Masquerade systems for just a few hundred bucks. Heck, every front projection theater should have one!! But unfortunately they contain expensive components, they are very labor intensive to build, test, calibrate, and package, and they are incredibly expensive to ship.

But in celebration of our anniversary, they are fair bit more affordable right now than ever in the past. So if you really want one, now's the time....
Mike_WI likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #1445 of 1465 Old 08-06-2014, 05:53 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
love the discount on the screen - not ready yet but i have the 110" saved when i am -
David Giles likes this.

post #1446 of 1465 Old 08-11-2014, 07:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I want to publicly thank David Giles for helping me purchase Carada's CIH Masquerade. David's concerns for my being able to start such a project (I'm 72) to finally walking me through all the ins and outs was just great!

David, thank you for all your help.
Mike_WI likes this.
post #1447 of 1465 Old 08-12-2014, 08:42 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 18
David - you able to say how long the anniversary sale will last? Congrats on the anniversary by the way!

post #1448 of 1465 Old 08-13-2014, 05:36 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Weinman View Post
I want to publicly thank David Giles for helping me purchase Carada's CIH Masquerade. David's concerns for my being able to start such a project (I'm 72) to finally walking me through all the ins and outs was just great!

David, thank you for all your help.

You're welcome Ed, and it was a pleasure working with you!

post #1449 of 1465 Old 08-13-2014, 05:37 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcramer View Post
David - you able to say how long the anniversary sale will last? Congrats on the anniversary by the way!
Thanks for the congrats tcramer! We don't have a definite end-date planned for the sale, but it will last at least through the end of September.
Mike_WI likes this.

post #1450 of 1465 Old 08-20-2014, 03:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Well I finally got off my hemming and hawing and pulled the trigger. Have a brand new 118", Carada 1.0 gain Criterion frame on the way. I wish I could have afforded the Masquerade masking, but I will have to delay that purchase.

I am very excited to replace my current Elite Screen pulldown with irritating waves in it. I'll report back on my impressions. This will be the fourth screen I've owned.

Previously, I have had a Da-lite model B High Power, a 2.05:1 Stewart Firehawk, an Elite Screen piece of garbage, and now a Carada Criterion. I'm anxious to compare the fit and finish between the (memory I have of my) Stewart and the Carada.

It's hard to love Martin Logans and 2.35:1 CIH at the same time...
post #1451 of 1465 Old 08-21-2014, 08:56 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by akm3 View Post
Well I finally got off my hemming and hawing and pulled the trigger. Have a brand new 118", Carada 1.0 gain Criterion frame on the way. I wish I could have afforded the Masquerade masking, but I will have to delay that purchase.

I am very excited to replace my current Elite Screen pulldown with irritating waves in it. I'll report back on my impressions. This will be the fourth screen I've owned.

Previously, I have had a Da-lite model B High Power, a 2.05:1 Stewart Firehawk, an Elite Screen piece of garbage, and now a Carada Criterion. I'm anxious to compare the fit and finish between the (memory I have of my) Stewart and the Carada.

Welcome to the club. Did you get brillant white or classic cinema? I went with BW and love it.

Epson Pro Cinema 6030 | OPPO BDP - 103 | Pioneer Elite VSX 70 | Definitive Technology PM 1000 (L/R) | PC 2000 (C) | SR8040BP's (7.1) | Rythmik LV12R | Carada Criterion Brilliant White 118" | URC MX 780 & MRF 350 | ATS Acoustic Panels | Sanus AV Rack | DirecTv | Roku 2 | Monoprice 12AWG |
post #1452 of 1465 Old 08-21-2014, 09:30 AM
AVS Special Member

I chose the cinema classic 1.0 gain. My projector is already too bright for the space and I almost got the gray one.

post #1453 of 1465 Old 08-21-2014, 10:33 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 235 Post(s)
Liked: 617
Quote:
Carada was launched 11 years ago today! The AVS Forum, and its awesome member base, has been a huge part of our success, so I just wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone here.
As an early adopter, and still loving my screen, the thanks go to you ..

Uncle Willie

: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #1454 of 1465 Old 08-21-2014, 10:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 260
Quote:
Believe me, I wish we could sell Masquerade systems for just a few hundred bucks. Heck, every front projection theater should have one!! But unfortunately they contain expensive components, they are very labor intensive to build, test, calibrate, and package, and they are incredibly expensive to ship.

But in celebration of our anniversary, they are fair bit more affordable right now than ever in the past. So if you really want one, now's the time....
Hi David,

I would be thrilled to see an affordable manual system from Carada.
post #1455 of 1465 Old 08-21-2014, 10:56 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Good job with your company and product! I've been enjoying my BW screen for about 7 or 8 years - thanks!

shortspark
post #1456 of 1465 Old 08-21-2014, 11:26 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
As an early adopter, and still loving my screen, the thanks go to you ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by milacqua View Post
Good job with your company and product! I've been enjoying my BW screen for about 7 or 8 years - thanks!

And thank you both for your support!

post #1457 of 1465 Old 08-21-2014, 11:30 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by robnix View Post
Hi David,

I would be thrilled to see an affordable manual system from Carada.
Thanks for the suggestion robnix! I don't know if we'll ever sell a manual system, but it's nice to know there is some interest.

post #1458 of 1465 Old 08-21-2014, 01:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion robnix! I don't know if we'll ever sell a manual system, but it's nice to know there is some interest.

Do it! I'd love to have a manual system to where you slid one panel up or down, the other moves accordingly.

Here's how manual works here. It's as manual as it gets! And yes, that's a Carada screen on the wall!

My latest masking trial

See ya. Dave

"High Fidelity audio has been like a dog chasing his tail. High Fidelity in my marriage has been much more rewarding cause she knows where I sleep."
post #1459 of 1465 Old 08-21-2014, 02:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 260
Quote:
I think there may be a good bit of interest for a quality, easy to assemble, manual masking system.

Looky here!
post #1460 of 1465 Old 08-21-2014, 03:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
There is DEFINITELY interest. I would have certainly bought one with the screen I ordered yesterday. I couldn't swing the masquerade.

If you made it so you could get the manual system, and then buy the motors and IR pieces to turn it into a masquerade later, you'd have a nice upgrade path.

I was literally a coin flip away from buying the mono price manual masking system instead of the Carada I did end up purchasing, and just the short track record and potential reliability issues pushed me back to Carada.

post #1461 of 1465 Old 08-23-2014, 08:52 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
So I've found a deal on a used Carada that I'm really tempted to buy, but it's a little less than ideal for my space. It's a 114" cinema white , and my space has a fair amount of ambient light during the day , that I'm just not willing to block completely , so I was leaning toward a gray screen to help fight that. The other issue is that the 114" is going to end up only 3 1/2" from each side wall . I really don't want to project more than about 106" , speakers have to be above screen due to doors on each side of screen wall , projector can't be hung lower than where it is now , etc. etc.
My questions are , how silly will this look with side and bottom masking somewhat permanently mounted to drop the 114" to 106" ? Has anyone done this?
Secondly , does anyone know if Carada will sell their gray screen without frame , so I can switch it out?
This deal seems to be great enough to give it a shot , so I might do it even if I don't get a response before i get too jazzed about it, but I'd like some feedback on whether or not I'm nuts for thinking about it. I might even go totally crazy and cut the frame down to 104"-106" size before ordering the gray screen so I don't have to worry about masking. Thanks

“Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”---Mark Twain
post #1462 of 1465 Old 09-08-2014, 02:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Carada will sell the screen without the frame but the savings over just buying a whole new screen is minimal.

post #1463 of 1465 Old 09-08-2014, 04:22 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Does anyone know of a replacent screen material that is acoustically transparent for a 16:9 142" screen?
post #1464 of 1465 Old 09-09-2014, 04:39 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Looking forward to receiving my Carada -- ordered a Criterion 92" 1.78 in brilliant white yesterday. Will be paired with a Sony HW30ES from about 10.5 feet...

Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music.
--Sergei Rachmaninov

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils.
--Hector Berlioz
post #1465 of 1465 Old 09-12-2014, 02:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Any pricing and release date on this yet?

See ya. Dave

Reply Screens

Tags
Projection Screens , Panasonic Et Lae700 Replacement Lamp For Pt Ae700u
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page