The official Elite screen thread. - Page 28 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #811 of 1708 Old 08-10-2009, 02:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi All,

I have a CineTension2 screen (84") and the screen does not fully retract in the case. Also, the weight bar is uneven so the bottom of it on the left side hangs down about 1" from the bottom of the case while the right side hangs down about 1/2" when the screen is fully up. Has anyone else noticed this issue with this model? It's not a huge deal but it's just very ugly to see the screen not full retracted like that, and also the weight bar not level.

I can't see any problem when the screen is down because it's tough to have any 'level' reference due to the size of the viewable surface, and the screen is also high enough above the floor.

Thank you,

Nicolas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #812 of 1708 Old 08-10-2009, 03:35 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 319 Post(s)
Liked: 309
The left side of mine sits slightly lower too, but only maybe 1/2 inch and you really have to be looking for it to notice while it's up.

You can adjust the screen to retract more into the case if needed.

Mike Lang
Administrator
Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself.
Join the AVS Club and help support the site. Help Support AVS Forum Sponsors.
post #813 of 1708 Old 08-10-2009, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lang View Post

The left side of mine sits slightly lower too, but only maybe 1/2 inch and you really have to be looking for it to notice while it's up.

Thanks Mike, Elite just sent me the instructions to adjust how the screen retracts into the case, I will work on that tonight...

Nicolas.
post #814 of 1708 Old 08-18-2009, 04:52 AM

Anyone have experience with the Elite Osprey Dual screens? I am interested in them. I have searched and cannot find anyone who is using one.
post #815 of 1708 Old 08-26-2009, 01:09 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Anyone,
Is there a way to just order the screen material on a fixed frame 16:9 100" Elite screen.

I'm tempted to try the high contrast gray screen. I currently have a white screen I believe 1.1 gain.

Also, is it worth it? I know very little about screens.

Thanks in advance.
post #816 of 1708 Old 08-27-2009, 04:33 AM

I also have the white screen but my room is very light controlled so the picture is awesome and true. Anyhow here is a link to the grey material http://www.projectorzone.com/Elite-ZR100H1-M they have it in stock at a reasonable price.
post #817 of 1708 Old 08-30-2009, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rottnpup View Post

Anyhow here is a link to the grey material http://www.projectorzone.com/Elite-ZR100H1-M they have it in stock at a reasonable price.

You can also try B&H Photo for Elite screen material: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search...l&N=4291463461

BTW some of the cart prices are not bad at all.
post #818 of 1708 Old 09-25-2009, 01:15 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
HI guys, i am looking at This screen, an Elite Cinetension2 for an upcoming Epson 8500 proj. My question: Is Amazon a good place to buy screens?
I've read somewhere that Elite had some problems in the past with some 1st generation Cintetension screens. How do i know what generation is this screen? Can i tell from the model #, serial #???

Is there a better place to buy from and why?

post #819 of 1708 Old 09-25-2009, 12:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeinoonm View Post

HI guys, i am looking at This screen, an Elite Cinetension2 for an upcoming Epson 8500 proj. My question: Is Amazon a good place to buy screens?
I've read somewhere that Elite had some problems in the past with some 1st generation Cintetension screens. How do i know what generation is this screen? Can i tell from the model #, serial #???

Is there a better place to buy from and why?

The problem is that many retailers drop ship these screens so they may have no idea the age of the screen you will receive.

The issue is not necessarily the age of the screen but Elite had some issues with screen dimensions a couple of years ago.

I would specify you want at least a Rev2.0 screen. I think that is when many of Elites issues were corrected. I got a rev1.3 initially that was near two years old. It was not the correct dimensions. But Elite did replace with a newer revision when I did contact them with the issues I had.

post #820 of 1708 Old 09-25-2009, 12:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:

Mine too. I could be an issue with Elite's roller bar support design. You only slightly notice it when it is up. I have checked with my level a number of times and it appears to be mounted correctly.

post #821 of 1708 Old 09-25-2009, 08:21 PM

For those owning a Cinetension for at least 2years-how has it held up? Any waves in the Screen?
post #822 of 1708 Old 09-25-2009, 08:22 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmoore88 View Post

For those owning a Cinetension for at least 2years-how has it held up? Any waves in the Screen?

None at all.

Mike Lang
Administrator
Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself.
post #823 of 1708 Old 09-26-2009, 12:26 AM

Just wondering guys, how good are EliteScreens? I'm planning to purchase the 100" VMAX2 Electric Screen (16:9) for 1080p from a Sharp PJ. Are they good for watching movies or gaming?
post #824 of 1708 Old 09-26-2009, 10:11 AM

Hello guys!
I have just buyed a Vmax2 120" screen. I have just opened the box of the screen and inside it was a 2007 product cataloge. This is way i would like to know if my screen is the newer or older model, the serial number is:

VMAX120UWH2-84E000007
V-2.0

I have to say to my dealer something about the screen so i would really apreciatte your help as soon as possible.

Thank you very much for your help!!
post #825 of 1708 Old 09-27-2009, 03:58 AM

Damn Amazon and their price fluctuations. As soon as i was ready to buy my Elite screen, they raised the price by a $350. Why can't they just have a stable fair price.

post #826 of 1708 Old 10-04-2009, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmoore88

Quote:

None at all.

Thanks for responding. Actually your set-up is what convinced me to get an electric screen as I will have a flat panel behind the screen. I received my Cintension2 last week and installed it this weekend.

I have a couple questions for you:

1. I assume your screen gets a lot of up and down action given the TV behind the screen, correct?

2. Have you had to fiddle with the tension lines/cables yet?

3. Lastly, this is my first screen so I don't know what to expect in terms of noise - mine is not whisper quiet when engaged. It doesn't bother me, but just curious if some clicking noise is normal for this unit. Thanks.
post #827 of 1708 Old 10-04-2009, 08:34 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmoore88 View Post

Thanks for responding. Actually your set-up is what convinced me to get an electric screen as I will have a flat panel behind the screen. I received my Cintension2 last week and installed it this weekend.

I have a couple questions for you:

1. I assume your screen gets a lot of up and down action given the TV behind the screen, correct?

2. Have you had to fiddle with the tension lines/cables yet?

3. Lastly, this is my first screen so I don't know what to expect in terms of noise - mine is not whisper quiet when engaged. It doesn't bother me, but just curious if some clicking noise is normal for this unit. Thanks.

I use the screen 2-3 times a week and have never had to adjust the tension. Yes, a click at start & stop as well as the motor hum is normal.

Mike Lang
Administrator
post #828 of 1708 Old 10-07-2009, 09:26 AM

Hi All.

I am agonizing over the decision - Gray or White screen?

I have the Panasonic AE3000U projector. Room is small. No ambient light. Black walls and ceiling.

I am leaning Gray, but would that be overkill since the room is dark to begin with?
post #829 of 1708 Old 10-07-2009, 09:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawsab View Post

I am leaning Gray, but would that be overkill since the room is dark to begin with?

Yes, in a dark room a gray screen would be overkill. It would accomplish the same thing as dimming the projector, which is easy enough to do. As your lamp ages, you will need more brightness, so it is wise to have some brightness in reserve.
post #830 of 1708 Old 10-07-2009, 10:07 AM

Cool, thank you for your reply.
post #831 of 1708 Old 10-12-2009, 03:06 PM

Can anyone suggest a good place to buy a Cinetension 2 106 inch with a 24 inch black drop. I was looking for one at Amazon but before i had the chance to buy it they increased the price by $350

post #832 of 1708 Old 10-12-2009, 03:24 PM
Administrator

ProjectorPeople is an AVS sponsor... http://www.projectorpeople.com/

Mike Lang
Administrator
post #833 of 1708 Old 10-14-2009, 07:43 AM

Hello. First time poster here. I wanted to give you my story. I purchased an Epson 6500UB projector along with a 92" Elite Cinetension2 Acousticpro from Projector People back in March. All was fine except I was getting a moire effect. Once I defocused, the moire went away, but I lost sharpness.

I contacted Elite tech support and told them my problem. They asked for my serial number and determined I was sold the AcousticPro material for 720P screens. The correct material is the AcousticPro 1080 for 1080p projectors. They said they couldn't do anything and they told me to contact my original seller. It seems that Projector People sent me the wrong screen material (even though they sold me the projector at the same time).

Except for contacting and confirming with Elite, Projector People didn't do anything. After consistently contacting (annoying?) Elite tech support for 6 months, they finally agreed to exchange the old AcoustiPro material with the correct AcoustiPro 1080 material (I had to pay for shipping both ways).

Once the new material was installed, the difference was night and day! Absolutely no moire effect regardless of program material or sharpness. Also, the weave is a lot less noticeable.

Long story short, if you have a 1080p projector and are looking for an AT Elite screen, make sure that you get the AcousticPro 1080 material and not the original AcousticPro material.

Overall, the screen and housing is well made, solid and easy to install. Elite provides all remotes, mounts, screws and even a level. The new screen motor is also quieter than my original.

I hope this helps someone.
post #834 of 1708 Old 10-14-2009, 08:34 AM
Advanced Member

Does Elite still make a manual pulldown with the cinegray material? I cant find a seller that offers it and it's not listed on their site either.

How to identify a future projector owner, he's the kid sitting two feet from the 42" plasma.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=954837
post #835 of 1708 Old 10-16-2009, 05:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 291
I finally got my Elite Cinetension 2 motorized screen up and running, and it's amazing. It was laying along my kitchen wall for about three weeks because i couldn't find a drill that would drill deep enough into the masonry wall. I finally went out and bought a hammer-drill and it cut through the masonry like it was butter--after that, i installed the brackets, and I, along with a friend of mine, slid the screen on the included rails and now it looks perfect.

I won't go into how sparse the included directions are, but i will tell you that i went out and bought Masonry Anchors from Lowes. It's not that i didn't trust the ones that came with the screen, it's just......well alright, maybe i did not trust the anchors that came with the screen, but they seem like they would work. I'm running it with a Mitsubishi HC7000 1080p projector and i'm LOVING IT!!! The Dark Knight was the first movie i tested, and my friend was BLOWN AWAY by the picture quality.....and i got that extremely satisfying feeling that we're all familiar with, when someone else besides us gets enthusiastic about our gear :-)
post #836 of 1708 Old 10-20-2009, 04:18 PM

Liked: 14
Greetings Learned Forum:

I am in the process of putting together my Elite 115" Wide 2.35 screen. I have the tension rods inside of the sleeves and noticed that they do not fill the entire length of the sleeves. I have about 6" of empty sleeve on the top and bottom and about half of that on the sides.

Did they ship tension rods that are too short? Is there another part that is missing? I read something in an earlier post about 90 deg. bends of short pieces of tension rod that fit into the sleeves on a 120" Elite. Or should I just evenly split the empty sleeve sections on each end of the rods and hope for the best?

Your response is greatly appreciated. This is really frustrating.

Nick
post #837 of 1708 Old 10-21-2009, 09:14 PM

I just got a elite 120 16:9 with 20 inch back drop from amazon tonight. I was so excited that I installed it with my wife in 1 hour. The quality is average. But it is half the price of a similar da-lite. My friends da-lite is a much better screen but it was 2800 and this one was 1000. The one thing that bothers me is the that the tension cords on the side are loose.... is this normal?
post #838 of 1708 Old 10-22-2009, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smp7032b View Post

The one thing that bothers me is the that the tension cords on the side are loose.... is this normal?

If it is a cinetension screen , you turn the knobs at the bottom sides that will either tighten or loosen the cords

Why does anyone have to start a sentence with "So"?
post #839 of 1708 Old 10-23-2009, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smp7032b View Post

I just got a elite 120 16:9 with 20 inch back drop from amazon tonight. I was so excited that I installed it with my wife in 1 hour. The quality is average. But it is half the price of a similar da-lite. My friends da-lite is a much better screen but it was 2800 and this one was 1000. The one thing that bothers me is the that the tension cords on the side are loose.... is this normal?

So now that you've had the screen a while, how did it work out? Since you've had no more post on this can we assume you are busy enjoying your new screen or, are trying to resolve some problems with it. I want to order one of these screens and am hoping yours went well. Let us know!

Mark II

I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; am I therefore perfect?
post #840 of 1708 Old 10-23-2009, 10:44 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Hi
I just received Elite Cinetension 2 AcousticPro 106" screen. It looks better than I expected. The picture quality is really good and the screen up and down movement is impressive. Though there is noise of the motor I would not call that as distracting. I have 2 problems with that as of now:
1. The right bottom corner has a few vertical waves but when I contacted Elite they said as it is new I need to let it down for 48hrs and it should fix itself, if its not then I should contact them so they can send me the email of how to adjust the tension rod. I think I should be ok with this one.
2. The second problem is that as this the AcousticPro 1080p screen the projector light does pass through it. I do not believe its affecting the image on the screen anyway but I can see the light on the back wall. So the problem i am facing is the distraction that causes while watching. I have enquired with Elite and their answer is that the model I bought does not come with the black back drop. I was surprised about it as the material is 1080p and that have holes in it but they did not make the backdrop standard. Anyway I am still following up on this problem to get a resolution.

I hope this helps some one.
Reply Screens

Tags
Projection Screens , Da Lite Screens , Panasonic Et Lae700 Replacement Lamp For Pt Ae700u , Projectors , Elite Screens Inc
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page