The official Elite screen thread. - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 1781 Old 02-10-2006, 07:11 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
True ... the comments so far dont seem that great about the screen material. Hopefully some people will chime in with good comments about it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 1781 Old 02-13-2006, 11:57 AM

I received the Matte White material to replace my high contrast grey. The new material is very good - no hotspots, no marks, very clean image.

Would recommend the matte white rather than high contrast grey.

With the matt white material coupled with the good frame construction and I'm now very happy with this screen.
post #63 of 1781 Old 02-14-2006, 11:32 AM

hmmm ... thats interesting. According to their website the EZ frame is also only offered in high contrast grey. It might be worth giving them a call to see if they can replace the material in their cinetension screens.
post #64 of 1781 Old 02-17-2006, 05:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 15
If anybody is in the market for a Home Elite 120" screen (bought in December 05),I'm looking to sell mine. I'm very happy with the screen but it isn't bright enough for my setup. So if you live in the Los Angeles area and are looking for a screen, let me know.

anam8tr@gmail.com
post #65 of 1781 Old 02-19-2006, 09:40 AM

VMAX120XWH Cord Length.

I've order the screen and am roughing in the electrical today. The online manual didn't offer any info about how long the cords are or where they attach to the screen.

Would someone please answer the following questions:

1) When viewing the screen from the seating area, does the cable attach to the right or left of the screen? (I assume it attaches at the end - if not, please correct me)

2) How long is the cable from the screen to the controller box, and from the controller box to the electrical plug? My understanding is that the setup is a two piece cord: this first goes from the screen to the controller switch/IR receiver and then the electical cord plugs into that and goes to the outlet.

UPDATE:

Called Elitescreens today (Monday) and found out-
1)Cable connects to left end of screen
2)Cable from screen to switch is 6'
3)Cable from switch to outlet is 5'

I hope this is of use to someone else!

All Thrust - No Vector!
post #66 of 1781 Old 03-06-2006, 12:03 AM

I have the 92 Elite Gray tab-tension screen and the power cord is behind the drywall. It connects into a box that has an ir port, the first cable is about 5.5ft and the second is just over 6ft. I use the rf control and have had no problems yet, but I have only had it up a month.

DeMarco
post #67 of 1781 Old 03-07-2006, 08:44 AM

In January, I purchased the EZ Frame 100" w/ the grey material, and I had the same hotspotting problems being reported on this forum (especially while watching HD Hockey.) I sent an RMA to Elite complaining about it. The customer service rep I spoke to explained that they were correcting the problem with a new design that would be available in mid-Febuary.

I received my replacement material last week, and I am happy to report that I have not noticed any hotspotting. I have watched a couple of games of hockey in HD and the picture is near perfect.
post #68 of 1781 Old 03-08-2006, 12:12 PM

Demarco: What projector are you using with your screen? Do you find the gray material too dark like some people have reported?

Joebarnz: Did they replace with grey material or white matte?
post #69 of 1781 Old 03-08-2006, 07:29 PM

I am using the X1, will take pics and post, at first I thought it was a little dark, but with a little calibration I think it looks good.
post #70 of 1781 Old 03-09-2006, 09:58 AM

I just bought two of these...one for me and one for my business partner, to be used with a Panasonic AE900U Projector.

Anybody have any experience with this model or any other Home models?

I will post an initial review when I get them tomorrow but I won't be able to use mine for a couple of months since my home theater is not done yet.

Any thoughts on the Elite Home Series?

Scott
post #71 of 1781 Old 03-09-2006, 12:47 PM

Gusx-- The replacement material was the grey. They have added a black backing to the screen, which helps stop light from passing through the screen and reflecting off the wall behind the screen.

I have a panny ae900. The screen was a little too dark for the factory settings, but after a little calibration, it looks good.
post #72 of 1781 Old 04-03-2006, 01:27 PM

Just wanted to say that I have received replacement screen material for my 106" Elite Eazy Frame Screen. In my previous post all issues I had complained about have been resolved with the new material. This time the back side is black material and had a manufacture date of Jan 06. I have watched numerous HD hockey games after installing the new material and I have yet to be distracted by the screen like the previous material.
post #73 of 1781 Old 04-04-2006, 08:05 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 26
it looks like the tensioned electrics are available in 16x9 matte white and high gain white, at about half the cost of da-lite designs.
does anyone have one. if so, what do you think?
thanks,
eric
post #74 of 1781 Old 04-05-2006, 08:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Are there any good reviews of the high contrast grey? What is the gain? Hotspots? etc??
I would like to get the 84" 16x9 protable (floor up) but it is only available with the grey material. DaLite is much more expensive

Joel
post #75 of 1781 Old 04-05-2006, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmschnur View Post

Are there any good reviews of the high contrast grey? What is the gain? Hotspots? etc??
I would like to get the 84" 16x9 protable (floor up) but it is only available with the grey material. DaLite is much more expensive

Joel

I have the High-Def Grey screen and do not notice any hot spots, the gain. is 1.5 I think and it is 92" electric wall mounted.
post #76 of 1781 Old 04-05-2006, 02:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Thanks-I may get one in the fall. Perhaps their quality control is catching up.

Joel
post #77 of 1781 Old 04-05-2006, 03:35 PM

Quote:

Thanks-I may get one in the fall. Perhaps their quality control is catching up.

Joel

E-mail me at ddoxie@bellsouth.net and I will send you some pics of the screen. They are to big to post and I do not feel like trying to make them smaller. I have not had a problem yet, the quality seems to be good, I mounted the power cord and ir/rf sensor behind the wall for a clean look and it works just fine. I paid 580 including shipping for it.
post #78 of 1781 Old 04-05-2006, 04:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Was thinking of getting the Elite 84" diag. pulldown screen. How do you figure out the seating distance from screen? Is it still: width of screen x 1.5? Also how much down from ceiling are these screens hung? thanks in advance, a very new newbie

post #79 of 1781 Old 04-07-2006, 07:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
hi guys,
i talked to elite.
the new tensioned electrics won't be available until 5/06.
they will have white in (16:9).
post #80 of 1781 Old 04-07-2006, 09:02 AM

Hey guys, I have finally posted some pics of the elite screen. My camera is not the best 3.1 so they actually look better than you see. check them out and give me your thoughts. The room is 20x20 and used to be a garage.
post #81 of 1781 Old 04-08-2006, 12:03 PM

hi

is anyone using M120UWH ? I'm thinking of buying it but would like to get some feedback on it. I would pick optoma but the biggest they have is 106 and I need 120'. Also a little of topic, will there be a problem projecting 120' from ae900u from 13-14ft? I tried projector calculator but it confuses hell out of me.

Thanks

2X1GB OCZ 3200 EL Platinum 2-3-2-5, Nvidia XFX 7800GTX 490/1300 PCI-E, Sony DVD-ROM, 2X Hitachi 250GB SATA II in Raid 0 (16/4), Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS with Inspirion 7800 Speaker 7.1
post #82 of 1781 Old 04-12-2006, 07:08 AM

Deathevil--

You will have to kick the zoom up, but you will be able to pull off 120" from 13'-14'.

Just curious, how far will your seating be from the screen? We have a 100" screen and sit around 15' from the screen. We originally sat around 12', but it was a bit much. High action scenes were a little stomach churning.
post #83 of 1781 Old 04-16-2006, 04:26 PM

I will be sitting from 13feet just like the distance from screen to projector.

Thanks

2X1GB OCZ 3200 EL Platinum 2-3-2-5, Nvidia XFX 7800GTX 490/1300 PCI-E, Sony DVD-ROM, 2X Hitachi 250GB SATA II in Raid 0 (16/4), Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS with Inspirion 7800 Speaker 7.1
post #84 of 1781 Old 04-25-2006, 12:58 AM

I have one of the manual pull-down screens and I think I pulled it down too far. The instructions say to pull it down another 2 inches to get it to retract, but I can only pull it down about an inch and a half more, so it won't retract. Any idea how to fix this?
post #85 of 1781 Old 04-26-2006, 03:37 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:

Joel

I think you are referring to the F84XCH1 which is the portable floor-standing pull-up model with the scissor mechanism.

If you haven't already bought one, I would not reccomend it.

I have had one for almost 7 months and am not happy overall. The design is good and the portablility and pull-up mechanism are great, but the "high-contrast grey" material is poor in my opinion. It is too dark and produces a dim image. And on mine there are dull spots where it looks like something was spilled in the fabric but it doesn't wash off.

I use mine with an Optoma H27 positioned about 13ft back. I have had to fiddle a lot with the calibrations on my projector to get an acceptably bright image with this screen. I plan on moving to a fixed screen using a matte white material soon.

Also, I emailed Elite and asked them what gain the grey F84XCH1 was and the salesman said it was 1.0. I'm not sure I believe him.

There are a lot of complaints in this thread about Elite's grey screens being too dim and I would have to agree.
post #86 of 1781 Old 04-27-2006, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillRob View Post

I think you are referring to the F84XCH1 which is the portable floor-standing pull-up model with the scissor mechanism.

If you haven't already bought one, I would not reccomend it.

I have had one for almost 7 months and am not happy overall. The design is good and the portablility and pull-up mechanism are great, but the "high-contrast grey" material is poor in my opinion. It is too dark and produces a dim image. And on mine there are dull spots where it looks like something was spilled in the fabric but it doesn't wash off.

I use mine with an Optoma H27 positioned about 13ft back. I have had to fiddle a lot with the calibrations on my projector to get an acceptably bright image with this screen. I plan on moving to a fixed screen using a matte white material soon.

Also, I emailed Elite and asked them what gain the grey F84XCH1 was and the salesman said it was 1.0. I'm not sure I believe him.

There are a lot of complaints in this thread about Elite's grey screens being too dim and I would have to agree.

Guys,

I would agree that the HD Grey from Elite or any other manufacturer is up to the individual user. I have it an love it, when I watch CSI Miami it looks crystal clear, when scene shifts to night, the blacks are blacks and that is why I chose this screen. Yes the white will look great, but it has it's trade off's as well. If you have a high power projector, then there is no issue of the dimness as reported by most. SO it's not the screen but the brightness of the projector that determines the picture. I think Elite offers a good product for the price but as with anything, you have to live with the acceptable issues. I think we can all agree to this.
post #87 of 1781 Old 05-03-2006, 03:28 PM
Advanced Member

I'm very intrigued by the new tensioned screen, expecially at the price it is at.

HD, one question, you have the 92" screen. I'm curious how wide the lower bar is? Looking for some additional dimensions and can't seem to find them.

All men are animals, some of us just make better pets.

Moose Drool Moovie Theater
post #88 of 1781 Old 05-06-2006, 04:33 PM

How is the quality of the 92" tensioned screen??

Eric
post #89 of 1781 Old 05-07-2006, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalypsoCowboy View Post

I'm very intrigued by the new tensioned screen, expecially at the price it is at.

HD, one question, you have the 92" screen. I'm curious how wide the lower bar is? Looking for some additional dimensions and can't seem to find them.

The base is 80" wide, what exactly are you trying to figure out. It flush against the wall and sticks-out 4.5" from the wall. The quality to me is very good and I have no issue to date with it.
post #90 of 1781 Old 05-07-2006, 10:57 PM
Advanced Member

The dimension I'm looking at is the lower bar. The screen should be 45x80 to be the 92" diag. I'm wondering how big the lower bar is. I have my screen coming down between two columns and want to know if the bottom bar will fit between the two columns.

Josh

All men are animals, some of us just make better pets.

Moose Drool Moovie Theater
Reply Screens

Tags
Projection Screens , Da Lite Screens , Panasonic Et Lae700 Replacement Lamp For Pt Ae700u , Projectors , Elite Screens Inc
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page