Forum Jump: 

post #1261 of 1743 Old 05-08-2012, 09:00 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwv651 View Post

Whats the difference between a Sable and ezFrame in Cine White. Is it just the frames are different. How about the screen material are they the same?

Screen is identical, its just the frame as you mentioned.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1262 of 1743 Old 05-08-2012, 09:07 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by taskman View Post

Sounds like the issue I had with my first matte white screen. Let me guess, it looks like a stain but you can't feel any texture to it? Mine also only appeared during bright scenes.

You have two options, return and replace or contact Elite for a warranty replacement. I personally recommend going with option 2. They will send you a new roll of screen material but you will have to pay return shipping on your damaged screen material per their warranty agreement.

The alternative is having to rebuild the frame. I chose option 2, I had already built 2 of them and wasnt going to go through the pain of building another frame. It was very much worth the $12 in shipping costs I paid.

Thanks, theyve asked for pictures, which isnt going to be easy... ill project a bright white scene tonight and see if the camera shows it. It cant be seen when the projectors off youre right.

Also, with regard to the frame, the horizontal sections fit together with a plate, it screws each side, however, on the bottom horizontal there are only screws in one half of the of the frame, the other is just compression fit.. is that normal?

I want to die in my sleep like grandpa... not kicking and screaming like the people in his car.
post #1263 of 1743 Old 05-09-2012, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metric View Post

Thanks, theyve asked for pictures, which isnt going to be easy... ill project a bright white scene tonight and see if the camera shows it. It cant be seen when the projectors off youre right.

Also, with regard to the frame, the horizontal sections fit together with a plate, it screws each side, however, on the bottom horizontal there are only screws in one half of the of the frame, the other is just compression fit.. is that normal?

I recommend using a lamp, I had one close by but it was very effective in allowing for the camera to get a shot and I was just using my smart phone.

On the horizontal plate, you should be able to get at least one screw on each side but I know how difficult it is to align them in any useful way. The trick I used was to push the plate into one of the horizontal beams, screw it down with one screw AND then connect it to the other beam. Other wise the damn thing slips when you push both together, resulting in screw holes being covered.

One last note, the corner plates are a serious pain as well. Make sure its a nice triangle on each corner and that one doesn't slip over the other to make a crooked triangle. I couldn't get it perfect until a friend introduced me to a rubber mallet, the frame had no defense left after that and no smudges or marks on the sprayed on felt was a bonus.
post #1264 of 1743 Old 06-01-2012, 01:30 AM

Liked: 10
Hello everyone. I'm new to screens/projectors but do know for sure that I want a fixed frame. Is this a good buy for $225 shipped?

Elite Screens ER92WH1 Sable Fixed Frame (92" 16:9 AR)

Any cheaper alternatives that will provide the same quality?
post #1265 of 1743 Old 06-10-2012, 05:45 PM

I just bought a 235:1 166" screen and wonder if any of you guys here have them and what probs may one encounter either in setup of usage?
post #1266 of 1743 Old 07-01-2012, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalgeek View Post

Just received my elite spectrum 100h. i read about the programmable vertical adjustment switch but cant find it. anyone can help?
Hi, just got this screen too, and i have the same problem. Can anybody help please a miliion times? I have found PDFs regarding vmax2 and cinetension, I disassembled covers on both sides of the case but I have found no holes for adjustment.
post #1267 of 1743 Old 08-13-2012, 11:14 AM

I have a question on sliding wall mount with Elite screens. I am planning to do go for 100 inch SableFrame (Fixed frame) as mentioned in http://www.elitescreens.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=57&catid=12&Itemid=20&lang=en
The Question i have - How flixible is the slide wall mount? Meaning how does this work overall? Can i slide the screen (to center it) to any distance that i want or is there a limit on how much i can slide? Also where will be slide mount bracket located? Is it on top of the screen and the placement is also something that we can decide (based on stud etc) or it is fixed.. Looking for some information on this area related to Elite screen.
post #1268 of 1743 Old 08-14-2012, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvsub View Post

I have a question on sliding wall mount with Elite screens. I am planning to do go for 100 inch SableFrame (Fixed frame) as mentioned in http://www.elitescreens.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=57&catid=12&Itemid=20&lang=en
The Question i have - How flixible is the slide wall mount? Meaning how does this work overall? Can i slide the screen (to center it) to any distance that i want or is there a limit on how much i can slide? Also where will be slide mount bracket located? Is it on top of the screen and the placement is also something that we can decide (based on stud etc) or it is fixed.. Looking for some information on this area related to Elite screen.

The easiest way to explain it is that the top of the frame has a channel in it. The bracket has a vertical edge that fits the channel. You simply place the edge into the channel to hold the screen. The brackets are fairly wide and can accommodate a good range of motion to the left or right. So feel safe in doing a stud install, just keep in mind weight distribution.

My only complaint is that the the frame holds on to the bracket a little too well, to the point that sliding wasn't really an option. Best to place it on the bracket, if it needs to go a few inches left or right, then lift up move the frame and then drop it back into the bracket.
post #1269 of 1743 Old 08-19-2012, 02:52 AM

Liked: 17
Any users of Cinetension2? I've heard reports that the screen does not maintain proper tension over time. Even after using the tension control, the screen has wrinkles after a few months which is disheartening to hear. What is the point of tab tensioned screens is this is the result? I am very interested in this screen, but I don't know now if it's a faulty product, or if those who experienced issues simply had a bad batch.
post #1270 of 1743 Old 08-19-2012, 05:26 AM

Sorry, just to add, are these issues related mainly to screen size? In other words if I decided to go for under 100" 16:9 the wrinkles won't materialise but only on the bigger screens? Or is the size of the screen irrelevant?
post #1271 of 1743 Old 08-21-2012, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goneten View Post

Sorry, just to add, are these issues related mainly to screen size? In other words if I decided to go for under 100" 16:9 the wrinkles won't materialise but only on the bigger screens? Or is the size of the screen irrelevant?

I haven't owned a Cinetension but I was going to purchase one when I first got into projectors 2 years ago. I wouldn't take too much stock in the complaints, I can confirm from my experience that Elite does a great job with warranties in case any issues come up. To answer your question, size does matter but only in the larger diameters. Think 130"+, the tension bars can get very large, still workable but expect some extra muscle.

If I might offer some advice, I really wouldn't get any tension screen. 2 years ago I went through the same thing everyone does getting into projectors, you read 100s of posts on "waves." If the room the screen is going to be in will maintain mostly the same temperature throughout the year, including humidity, you won't have any issues. I tested this with a 135" manual Elite screen over a 1 year period. Its a very small sample size yes, but you will find similar information online regarding climate in the HT room.
post #1272 of 1743 Old 08-21-2012, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taskman 
If the room the screen is going to be in will maintain mostly the same temperature throughout the year, including humidity, you won't have any issues. I tested this with a 135" manual Elite screen over a 1 year period. Its a very small sample size yes, but you will find similar information online regarding climate in the HT room.

Very interesting info. Thanks! According to my distributor, out of the 2000+ Cinetension 2 screens sold they have had 40-50 bad cases and they tell me that there are ways and means of sorting out the wave issues as well. They say properly set up, the screen shouldn't have any issues at all. That if too much tension is applied if could result in issues down the line. Interesting point on humidity. Problem is that humidity probably won't be the same throughout the year in most cases, if this is, indeed, a contributing factor.
post #1273 of 1743 Old 08-22-2012, 09:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Upgrading to a Cinetension2 screen was one of the best things I did. I had way too many waves in a cheapo pull down Optoma Greywolf rev1. Ideally a fixed frame is the best way to go, but if your setup requires a retractable screen, the Cinetension2 as long as you don't go with a huge one seems to be a good screen. I have the 100" version.

post #1274 of 1743 Old 08-22-2012, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toknowshita View Post

Upgrading to a Cinetension2 screen was one of the best things I did. I had way too many waves in a cheapo pull down Optoma Greywolf rev1. Ideally a fixed frame is the best way to go, but if your setup requires a retractable screen, the Cinetension2 as long as you don't go with a huge one seems to be a good screen. I have the 100" version.

Exactly, it can be a case by case basis. I would also say by ordering through Amazon, you can make it easier to return if needed. I also second the fix framed if possible, I have loved my Elite 120" EZ fixed frame that I purchased to replace the manual.
post #1275 of 1743 Old 08-26-2012, 04:25 AM

I'm looking to buy an Elite screen at Amazon.

I'm a bit confused on the variety of screens.

I'm looking at a 120 in screen. however these are several different models and I cannot determine the difference other than price.

M120UWV2
M120XWV1
M120XWH2-E24
M120UWH2

I also noticed that moving up to a 135in screen is not that much more.

BTW, my projector is an Optoma HD20.
post #1276 of 1743 Old 08-26-2012, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsdude View Post

I'm looking to buy an Elite screen at Amazon.
I'm a bit confused on the variety of screens.
I'm looking at a 120 in screen. however these are several different models and I cannot determine the difference other than price.
M120UWV2
M120XWV1
M120XWH2-E24
M120UWH2
I also noticed that moving up to a 135in screen is not that much more.
BTW, my projector is an Optoma HD20.

You can do a search on those models at EliteScreens.com in the search bar. Some of the differences are format, case color, etc.

You have a high lumen projector that could handle that 135" with good light control. Be warned though, I too was lured by the small price increase of the 135" and even 150". Those are monster screens, I highly suggest you throw up that screen size on a wall before buying in any size. I ended up downgrading to 120" to make it more manageable for movies and games but if you have good seating distance it might be a good move.
post #1277 of 1743 Old 09-13-2012, 12:58 PM

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam Man View Post

I have a sample of it arriving any day to check out. Looks promising.

All right, it's been a long time since anything has been said about the 4K material. Has anyone had a chance to check it out? Is anyone using it in a tensioned retractable screen? Any comparisons to other 4K material from the likes of Screen Excellence or SMX?

post #1278 of 1743 Old 09-13-2012, 06:22 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 85
mine was supposed to arrive in March, then June, then August, now late October. Cut my losses and purchased Seymour 4K. Too bad for Elite, I had three different screens from them in the past but this was a fiasco, not going back again. Hope it turns out good for you guys though. Hope the figured out the moire issue on the AT screens. (hint cut at angle)

Pre-Pro: Emotiva XMC-1, DSP: Mini DSP 2x4 balanced
Amplifier: Sunfire TGA7400, Lab Gruppen FP10000Q
Speakers: JTR Noesis 212HT (LCR), JTR Slant 8's (surrounds), 3 Orbit Shifter LFU's
Sources: PS3, HTPC, Dish Network
Projector: Epson 8350
Screen: Seymour XD AT 138" diagonal 16:9
post #1279 of 1743 Old 09-20-2012, 03:44 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I received my Elite 100" Spectrum electric screen today and I had a question about the RF feature. my screen only came with the IR remote and the wall box, but from what I can tell the options for sale are just a RF remote. I already own a RF remote in the gyration 3101 and I was wondering if I could somehow use that to control my screen? The IR remote doesn't even work from my seating area.

Also just chatted with support and they said that the vertical drop is not able to be saved, this sucks because this is what I read in the description of the screen
• Programmable adjustable vertical positioning

Now I have to remount the screen higher in the ceiling to get it to drop where I need it, putting the IR sensor further in the wall.
post #1280 of 1743 Old 09-21-2012, 05:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Question for fixed screen Elite owners. Is there enough room behind one of their fixed screens to hide a light switch? It's one of those I believe you call them contura style, so they don't extend too much from the drywall. Of course I'm also assuming the frame portion of the screen would not be in the way. I'm just asking about the inside area. I'm really wanting to go with a fixed screen, but I have a light switch right near the bottom left corner of where the screen would go. I currently have a 92in pull down and am wanting to go with a 92 or 100in Sabel or EasyFrame. Any advice or thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Another question, is there enough play in these that you could actually lift the bottom corner from the wall a bit to turn the switch on and off? This wouldn't be happening a lot as we have other lighting, but just curious as to how rigid it is once up on the wall.

Really don't want to mess with moving the switch.

thanks in advance for any help-

"the one who has the most fun wins."
post #1281 of 1743 Old 09-21-2012, 06:18 PM

I think you will be OK for the light switch, prob about 1" of room. I have a 120" Ezframe, the way it hangs on the mount causes it to push out a little so its not flush with the wall a little over halfway down the screen. Your going with a somewhat smaller screen so this effect would be diminished somewhat. Regarding play with push it out, It has a little though I'm not going to truly test it considering the time I put into the theater. You would have enough room to use maybe a thin stick to flip it.
post #1282 of 1743 Old 09-21-2012, 06:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Perfect, thanks for the response. I think I'll go ahead and order it up. I'm a little bummed as it turns out I don't have the correct throw range for 100in, but that's okay, cleaning it up and having a nice fixed screen will be great. 92 will be fine and 100 may be too big on this wall anyway. It's going in our loft.

One last question, the portion of the frame that touches the wall, is it the full 2.4in that they claim in the dimensions table, or is it really just about a half inch or so? I get that the full width/height of the frame itself is 2.4in, but the part that touches the wall itself is only like a half inch or so, correct?

thanks again for the reply!

"the one who has the most fun wins."
post #1283 of 1743 Old 09-22-2012, 04:43 PM

No problem, glad to help. I was going to include a picture but its hard to get the angle. I did discover one thing though, only one side is not flush with the wall. Now the reason for that is once you build the frame, you put a stability bar down the middle which bows a little causing part of the screen to push out. I know the pain your having on choosing screen sizes and trust me, I think you will be happier. I made the mistake of going max size for the room, it was just too much. I had 135" but have since downgraded to 120".

Regarding your question, it is the full size referenced in the sizing chart. The screen rests almost on top of the frame and then you have hollow space behind, the frame itself rests against the wall. If I were you, look into just swapping out that light switch with a remote one. Its not too much money and you can get flat models.
post #1284 of 1743 Old 10-11-2012, 08:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Anyone tried buying just the screen material alone?

http://www.amazon.com/Elite-Screens-ZR106H1-M-CineGrey-Material/dp/B005VP9LQI
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/621461-REG/Elite_ZR106H1_M_ZR106H1_M_Screen_Material_ONLY.html

I'm interested to buy but unsure of which batch/generation the screen is. I heard that Cinewhite/Cinegrey have gone a few revision, is this correct?
I wonder how's the packaging.

EDIT:
BH replied to me...saying that the item ships direct from manufacturer, not from BH warehouse.

How's the packaging of the screen material? I'm planning to ship one all the way to Asia. DIY the frame will be the cheaper route.
post #1285 of 1743 Old 10-11-2012, 11:47 AM

hey all

was going to go with a jamestown screen but with a 4-5 week min wait time.. Im like UGHHHH

im about 10-11 feet back of the screen and while 120 seems tempting, im thinking a 110 inch sable frame elite would be ideal.. im using a epson 8350 ... thoughts?

i can order one of these locally and have it in 2 business days..

pics of my setup (camera phone pics)

IMAG0278.jpg
IMAG0270.jpg
post #1286 of 1743 Old 10-14-2012, 12:27 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 85
my Jamestown 135" screen (using Seymour AT) will be here tmrw. I also have the Epson 8350, and sit about 14 ft back. I'll let you know what I think once I have a little time with it. I currently have the Elite 106 1080P2 but the moire is unaaceptable. i am getting a replacement 4k screen for it to correct the moire, but i wanted a larger screen so I am selling it anyway.. Once it gets here I will not open it and pack up the frame and sell (virtually brtand new as the frame is perfect.)

Pre-Pro: Emotiva XMC-1, DSP: Mini DSP 2x4 balanced
Amplifier: Sunfire TGA7400, Lab Gruppen FP10000Q
Speakers: JTR Noesis 212HT (LCR), JTR Slant 8's (surrounds), 3 Orbit Shifter LFU's
Sources: PS3, HTPC, Dish Network
Projector: Epson 8350
Screen: Seymour XD AT 138" diagonal 16:9
post #1287 of 1743 Old 10-14-2012, 02:09 PM

I recently bought a ER106WH1 (106" fixed frame) and just started putting it together today. Everything that I have read indicates that stretching the screen is a total pain in the backside, so I didn't hesitate to put a little back into it when it came to stretching. In doing that, one of the tension bars bent, which sliced the edge of the screen in the back. The rip is small, probably about an inch and the tension bar bent back into place fine. It doesn't impact the front of the screen, but I'm hesitant to try stretching anymore for fear that rip will expand. Have any of you had to deal with this, and if so how did you work around it short of just returning it and starting again. (I have friends coming into town on Tuesday, so returning to Amazon would be a real letdown for the whole theater experience)

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
post #1288 of 1743 Old 10-15-2012, 12:39 PM

Hi hiptoss,

Just came across your post here.....can you please contact me directly on this one. I'll put you in touch with the appropriate person at Elite to take care of you right away. Maybe not as soon as Tuesday but we'll figure something out.

Benito
post #1289 of 1743 Old 10-22-2012, 08:53 AM

Liked: 11
hi guy,

i am planning to purchased the elite cinetension 2 100inch with cinewhite 1.1 gain for my room using acer h9500bd projector and below link is showing my room size so let me know is it ok to purchased the elite cinetension 2 model 100inch with cinewhite.

http://postimage.org/image/w8kr0z9i7/
post #1290 of 1743 Old 10-24-2012, 07:30 PM

Hello All -
Looking to buy the Elite Spectrum 100 inch screen (16:9). A couple of quick questions -
1) Does anyone know when installing it to the ceiling, if there is any problem hitting the stud? If so, how is it installed?
2) For the 100 inch screen, it has a top black border of 10 inch vs. 106 has it for 6 inch. why the difference? I dont want the borders to be that thick and want the border to be the least amount as possible.

Your input is greatly appreciated.
Reply Screens

Tags
Projection Screens , Da Lite Screens , Panasonic Et Lae700 Replacement Lamp For Pt Ae700u , Projectors , Elite Screens Inc
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page