The official Elite screen thread. - Page 57 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1681 of 1743 Old 07-22-2014, 07:00 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Asia Pacific
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi, I own a sable 92' with cinewhite material,I'm thinking of the cinegrey5D, does elite sell the material for sable 92'? Cause online it is mainly with the EZFrame.please advice,thanks

HT- Sony HW40ES,Elite Sable 92',Klipsch Reference ,Denon 4311,,Sony S380, AC Ryan,SVS PB13U
Wubai8228 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1682 of 1743 Old 07-22-2014, 01:20 PM
Member
 
eydsamoht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 42
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 16
They do not. 100" is the minimum screen size for the CineGrey 5D material.
eydsamoht is offline  
post #1683 of 1743 Old 07-22-2014, 04:43 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Asia Pacific
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by eydsamoht View Post
They do not. 100" is the minimum screen size for the CineGrey 5D material.
I thought so too as all the online store selling it all starts with 100', guess I have to live with my 92' until I go for bigger screen in future . Thanks again.
Wubai8228 is offline  
post #1684 of 1743 Old 07-22-2014, 05:12 PM
Newbie
 
X-Ravin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a Panasonic AE8000 lighting a 92" screen from about 11 feet away, so I have a ton of brightness to spare. Currently I have the CineWhite, but was wondering if going CineGray would be better? Oh and the room is painted black with almost 0 ambient light. Thoughts?
X-Ravin is offline  
post #1685 of 1743 Old 07-22-2014, 05:30 PM
Senior Member
 
ben38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 439
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Ravin View Post
I have a Panasonic AE8000 lighting a 92" screen from about 11 feet away, so I have a ton of brightness to spare. Currently I have the CineWhite, but was wondering if going CineGray would be better? Oh and the room is painted black with almost 0 ambient light. Thoughts?
Stay with the Cinewhite. In a black room, a gray screen adds nothing useful.
ben38 is offline  
post #1686 of 1743 Old 07-22-2014, 05:38 PM
Newbie
 
X-Ravin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben38 View Post
Stay with the Cinewhite. In a black room, a gray screen adds nothing useful.
Ah ok. I was under the impression that the grey screen would deepen the blacks in a dark room with a short throw, if you had light to spare.
X-Ravin is offline  
post #1687 of 1743 Old 07-24-2014, 05:11 PM
Member
 
tlp5002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 18
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does anyone have any experience installing an Elite Screen Electric screen? They included five M5*50MM metric screws, along with five drywall anchors.

But the instructions provided (and on their site) show that if you're wall mounting, the only two points are the outward facing keyhole brackets?

Anyone safely mount with the included screws and have three extras? lol
tlp5002 is offline  
post #1688 of 1743 Old 07-25-2014, 09:45 AM
Member
 
hawnr6's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 73
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlp5002 View Post
Does anyone have any experience installing an Elite Screen Electric screen? They included five M5*50MM metric screws, along with five drywall anchors.

But the instructions provided (and on their site) show that if you're wall mounting, the only two points are the outward facing keyhole brackets?

Anyone safely mount with the included screws and have three extras? lol
ha - I found that strange as well - the ceiling mount method uses 4 screws, but 5 still doesnt make sense.

anyway - I didnt trust using those anchors, and I know there would be no way to hit the studs exactly (I didnt even try). So I took two 8" pieces of 2x4 and screwed that to the wall, and then screwed the screen to that. I needed that space anyway, since I have my tv on the wall
hawnr6 is offline  
post #1689 of 1743 Old 08-01-2014, 08:03 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Completely new to ht. Ended up jumping on what I thought was a great deal but now I'm beginning to second guess it.

First of all, I went through this thread and saw it asked but not answered. Does anybody have experience with the maxxwhite fg? The fiberglass backed material.

Next, this is what I bought:
http://m.ebay.com/itm/141363120549?nav=SEARCH

But it dropped in price like 8 bucks since I ordered it last night and they aren't flying off the shelves, it says 1 sold.

Says new, model number matches, reputable seller. Guess we will see what happens
tharz4 is offline  
post #1690 of 1743 Old 08-01-2014, 08:11 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Killroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ninth Circle of Hell
Posts: 1,730
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by tharz4 View Post
Completely new to ht. Ended up jumping on what I thought was a great deal but now I'm beginning to second guess it.

First of all, I went through this thread and saw it asked but not answered. Does anybody have experience with the maxxwhite fg? The fiberglass backed material.

Next, this is what I bought:
http://m.ebay.com/itm/141363120549?nav=SEARCH

But it dropped in price like 8 bucks since I ordered it last night and they aren't flying off the shelves, it says 1 sold.

Says new, model number matches, reputable seller. Guess we will see what happens
Wayfair is a reputable dealer. I bought my first Da-lite from them.
Killroy is offline  
post #1691 of 1743 Old 08-07-2014, 07:39 AM
Member
 
whitrzac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 105
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tharz4 View Post
Completely new to ht. Ended up jumping on what I thought was a great deal but now I'm beginning to second guess it.

First of all, I went through this thread and saw it asked but not answered. Does anybody have experience with the maxxwhite fg? The fiberglass backed material.

Next, this is what I bought:
http://m.ebay.com/itm/141363120549?nav=SEARCH

But it dropped in price like 8 bucks since I ordered it last night and they aren't flying off the shelves, it says 1 sold.

Says new, model number matches, reputable seller. Guess we will see what happens

I have that same screen. I paid ~$190 from amazon in november 2013.

According to elite, this is acceptable. It was worst out of the box, this is after a few weeks.



whitrzac is offline  
post #1692 of 1743 Old 08-07-2014, 08:31 AM
AVS Special Member
 
akm3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Spokane WA USA
Posts: 1,163
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Yup I bought the cheapie Elite pulldown as well and it has to be replaced due to waves. Sadly I really think you get what you pay for in this case.

It's hard to love Martin Logans and 2.35:1 CIH at the same time...
akm3 is offline  
post #1693 of 1743 Old 08-07-2014, 10:01 AM
Member
 
whitrzac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 105
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by akm3 View Post
Yup I bought the cheapie Elite pulldown as well and it has to be replaced due to waves. Sadly I really think you get what you pay for in this case.
This was suppose to be the 'nice' elite pull down
whitrzac is offline  
post #1694 of 1743 Old 08-07-2014, 11:04 AM
Member
 
hawnr6's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 73
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Yeah - I went through 2 elite manual pull downs before I settled on a elite electric. The electric was 5 more inches and less than a $100 more. There are still waves - but very minor
hawnr6 is offline  
post #1695 of 1743 Old 08-07-2014, 11:16 AM
AVS Special Member
 
bori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,898
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 81
I got a 100 inch elite electric. First one was broken motor. Second looks and works perfect.
bori is offline  
post #1696 of 1743 Old 08-07-2014, 09:42 PM
Member
 
icecruncher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 43
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Bought a Cinetension 92" electric screen over 6 years ago. Use it at least 10x a week.

No issues - no waves - no problems.

If you can afford it, get the tensioned one, you will not regret it. IMHO
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_2722.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	202257  
icecruncher is offline  
post #1697 of 1743 Old 08-08-2014, 10:31 AM
Member
 
hawnr6's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 73
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by icecruncher View Post
Bought a Cinetension 92" electric screen over 6 years ago. Use it at least 10x a week.

No issues - no waves - no problems.

If you can afford it, get the tensioned one, you will not regret it. IMHO
Yeah - I was so close to getting a tensioned screen. But at 120" it was $800 more then the non tensioned - and I paid less than $800 for the projector.
hawnr6 is offline  
post #1698 of 1743 Old 08-08-2014, 03:23 PM
Senior Member
 
ben38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 439
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawnr6 View Post
Yeah - I was so close to getting a tensioned screen. But at 120" it was $800 more then the non tensioned - and I paid less than $800 for the projector.
Elite just released the Starling tab tensioned screens at a price that won't bust you.
ben38 is offline  
post #1699 of 1743 Old 08-08-2014, 04:32 PM
Senior Member
 
taskman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 264
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Any of the non-tension screens will develop waves eventually but if it is brand new, Elite should replace it. I had my 135" Elite pull down for 2 years and didn't have any waves. I found though that keeping a consistent temperature helps in reducing the chances of waves.

A couple years ago I almost went icecruncher's route of buying an electric cinetension screen. They are ideal for stopping waves and still have a recessed look. I had finally been able to dedicate an entire room to HT and so I went with an EZ-Frame 120". Having a screen mounted on the wall, it just looks amazing.
taskman is offline  
post #1700 of 1743 Old 08-08-2014, 04:42 PM
Member
 
whitrzac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 105
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by taskman View Post
Any of the non-tension screens will develop waves eventually but if it is brand new, Elite should replace it. I had my 135" Elite pull down for 2 years and didn't have any waves. I found though that keeping a consistent temperature helps in reducing the chances of waves.

A couple years ago I almost went icecruncher's route of buying an electric cinetension screen. They are ideal for stopping waves and still have a recessed look. I had finally been able to dedicate an entire room to HT and so I went with an EZ-Frame 120". Having a screen mounted on the wall, it just looks amazing.

I tried, they said it was normal and not covered
whitrzac is offline  
post #1701 of 1743 Old 08-08-2014, 04:47 PM
Senior Member
 
taskman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 264
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitrzac View Post
I tried, they said it was normal and not covered
Can you see the waves when playing video?
taskman is offline  
post #1702 of 1743 Old 08-08-2014, 05:01 PM
Member
 
whitrzac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 105
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by taskman View Post
Can you see the waves when playing video?
The center of the screen that is bowed out is very noticeable when watching 16:9 movies.
whitrzac is offline  
post #1703 of 1743 Old 08-08-2014, 09:13 PM
Senior Member
 
taskman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 264
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitrzac View Post
The center of the screen that is bowed out is very noticeable when watching 16:9 movies.
Did you go through there online warranty submission, where they ask for photos? I'm wondering if you showed a photo with a movie and wave being visible. If it then can be covered. I had to do a warranty claim on my EZ-Frame because of odd white specks that sparkled during movies. They needed a picture then sent me a replacement.
taskman is offline  
post #1704 of 1743 Old 08-11-2014, 12:10 PM
Member
 
TurboTropic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Markham, ON Canada
Posts: 73
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
What is the cause of "waves"? Is it the material being stretched and not returning to shape? Has anyone tried stretching the other areas or is this a losing battle once it starts?
TurboTropic is offline  
post #1705 of 1743 Old 08-21-2014, 06:52 AM
Senior Member
 
AllenA07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 385
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Ugh... I'm not in love with what I'm reading on the Sable fixed screens on here. I'm looking at the 92 inch sable and don't know that I have a ton of choice. This is for a dedicated theater room, however I only expect this build to last me for 2 years or so before I move on to bigger and better. I don't want to break the bank on a screen and painting the wall white isn't an option. So for those of you who own it, what are my major drawbacks with the Sable fixed going to be?

AVR: Denon 2112
Speakers: EMP Tek e55ti, Center- EMP Tek e56ci, Side Surrounds- EMP Tek e55wi, Rear Surrounds- KLH 911b, Sub- SVS PC12 Plus
TV: Panasonic 50VT25
Blu-Ray Player:Samsung BD-EM59C;
Playstation 4, Apple TV, Harmony Remote
AllenA07 is offline  
post #1706 of 1743 Old 08-21-2014, 07:03 AM
Newbie
 
X-Ravin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenA07 View Post
Ugh... I'm not in love with what I'm reading on the Sable fixed screens on here. I'm looking at the 92 inch sable and don't know that I have a ton of choice. This is for a dedicated theater room, however I only expect this build to last me for 2 years or so before I move on to bigger and better. I don't want to break the bank on a screen and painting the wall white isn't an option. So for those of you who own it, what are my major drawbacks with the Sable fixed going to be?
I have the 92" Sable, have had it about a year now. I like mine a lot. No waves or anything, looks great. My AE8000 looks pretty good on it, can't beat the price.
X-Ravin is offline  
post #1707 of 1743 Old 08-21-2014, 07:52 AM
Member
 
Orangeballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenA07 View Post
Ugh... I'm not in love with what I'm reading on the Sable fixed screens on here. I'm looking at the 92 inch sable and don't know that I have a ton of choice. This is for a dedicated theater room, however I only expect this build to last me for 2 years or so before I move on to bigger and better. I don't want to break the bank on a screen and painting the wall white isn't an option. So for those of you who own it, what are my major drawbacks with the Sable fixed going to be?
I have a 120" AT Sable that was just installed a few weeks ago. The installer said it was the tightest screen he's ever done but we are loving it so far.
Orangeballer is offline  
post #1708 of 1743 Old 08-25-2014, 02:47 AM
Member
 
whokilledkaji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 57
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Elite Screen Aeon

Anybody see the new Elite Screen Aeon series?
Maybe it'll be officially announced at CEDIA, but there is some info on their homepage right now...

http://www.elitescreens.com/index.ph...ies#1-features

The instructions are online too, and it looks like the whole screen wraps around using Velcro to create the edge free design. I wonder if that will get wavy after a few months?
whokilledkaji is offline  
post #1709 of 1743 Old 08-27-2014, 11:48 AM
Advanced Member
 
dazz87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: LA
Posts: 924
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 28
I got my Benq1070 last night and now I am looking for a screen. I am looking at the Spectrum Electric Projection "110 and I was wondering how far out is the screen once it is wall mounted? I have my "60 plasma on the same wall and just wondering if the screen will come down over the mounted plasma (looking at a 3-4" away from the wall)
dazz87 is offline  
post #1710 of 1743 Old 08-28-2014, 09:39 AM
Member
 
hawnr6's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 73
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazz87 View Post
I got my Benq1070 last night and now I am looking for a screen. I am looking at the Spectrum Electric Projection "110 and I was wondering how far out is the screen once it is wall mounted? I have my "60 plasma on the same wall and just wondering if the screen will come down over the mounted plasma (looking at a 3-4" away from the wall)
I did the same thing - and I had to stack 2 2x4's on the wall and mount it to that - plus I have a super-low profile TV wall mount (approx 2") so you may need more of a gap.

you can also mount it to the ceiling - but the odds are that the ceiling studs wont line up exactly.
hawnr6 is offline  
Reply Screens

Tags
Projection Screens , Da Lite Screens , Panasonic Et Lae700 Replacement Lamp For Pt Ae700u , Projectors , Elite Screens Inc
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off