post #1711 of 1737 Unread 08-28-2014, 11:28 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawnr6 View Post
I did the same thing - and I had to stack 2 2x4's on the wall and mount it to that - plus I have a super-low profile TV wall mount (approx 2") so you may need more of a gap.

you can also mount it to the ceiling - but the odds are that the ceiling studs wont line up exactly.
In my case, wall mount is the only thing I could do. Ceiling is too high. I'm going to use shelve brackets so it could stick out about 6" and then just hang the screen on it. Just wondering did you get a motorized or a manual screen? How often does your screen come down? I just scare that I will damage the screen by bringing it down and up everyday. Daytime viewing is on my plasma and night time is for the projector. For someone in my case, that the screen is on the same wall as my TV should I get a manual or a motorized screen? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1712 of 1737 Unread 08-29-2014, 10:37 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazz87 View Post
In my case, wall mount is the only thing I could do. Ceiling is too high. I'm going to use shelve brackets so it could stick out about 6" and then just hang the screen on it. Just wondering did you get a motorized or a manual screen? How often does your screen come down? I just scare that I will damage the screen by bringing it down and up everyday. Daytime viewing is on my plasma and night time is for the projector. For someone in my case, that the screen is on the same wall as my TV should I get a manual or a motorized screen? Thanks
I tried 2 different manual screens and they had too many noticeable waves - so I settled on the electric screen. There are still waves, but alot less noticeable. Plus - the electric screen was only a $100 more so it was worth it
post #1713 of 1737 Unread 08-29-2014, 11:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
I got my Benq1070 last night and now I am looking for a screen. I am looking at the Spectrum Electric Projection "110 and I was wondering how far out is the screen once it is wall mounted? I have my "60 plasma on the same wall and just wondering if the screen will come down over the mounted plasma (looking at a 3-4" away from the wall)
You can take a look at what I did for my 100" elite electric with benq.

My tv is not in a wall but wall mounted to my console. Then I built a valance to lower and hide my screen. The wife loves the setup since it's hidden. Here is my build thread with lots of photos including the screen valance. My ceiling is 8 ft tall.

TV / Projector screen console build.
post #1714 of 1737 Unread 08-29-2014, 09:41 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluer101 View Post
You can take a look at what I did for my 100" elite electric with benq.

My tv is not in a wall but wall mounted to my console. Then I built a valance to lower and hide my screen. The wife loves the setup since it's hidden. Here is my build thread with lots of photos including the screen valance. My ceiling is 8 ft tall.

TV / Projector screen console build.
Very nice Blue. Just wondering what is the length from top of the projector to the bottom of the screen (completely down)? I read on amazon its 71" is this correct? I am planning to mount it during the weekend (100" electric). Planning trying to have it where the bottom of the screen (completely down) just above my center speaker.

Last edited by dazz87; 08-29-2014 at 09:47 PM.
post #1715 of 1737 Unread 08-30-2014, 05:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Very nice Blue. Just wondering what is the length from top of the projector to the bottom of the screen (completely down)? I read on amazon its 71" is this correct? I am planning to mount it during the weekend (100" electric). Planning trying to have it where the bottom of the screen (completely down) just above my center speaker.

Thank you,

I measured mine and looked up the exact one I bought. When I first bought mine I was using some wrong specs. I had a smaller tv stand so after mounting my screen per specs, I put the screen down for the first time and it did not come down to where I wanted. Found out it was the wrong specs. So a week later I modified my ceiling mount with longer 2x4's. Then I decided to build my console and in close the screen with matching valance.

So anyways here is what I bought.

The screen

http://www.amazon.com/Elite-Screens-.../dp/B000YTRFEG

These are the specs in mm and inch. Look for 100h

http://www.elitescreens.com/images/p...ctrum_dims.pdf

I also measured mine this morning and I'm about 57-58 inch from bottom of screen metal casing to top of my stand. When mine comes down I have maybe a 1/4-1/2 inch between so I would say the specs are right, but you never know.

I also ordered these brackets but never used them. They might help you if you are wall mounting.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
dazz87 likes this.

Last edited by bluer101; 08-30-2014 at 05:17 AM.
post #1716 of 1737 Unread 08-30-2014, 12:55 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by whokilledkaji View Post
Anybody see the new Elite Screen Aeon series?
Maybe it'll be officially announced at CEDIA, but there is some info on their homepage right now...

http://www.elitescreens.com/index.ph...ies#1-features

The instructions are online too, and it looks like the whole screen wraps around using Velcro to create the edge free design. I wonder if that will get wavy after a few months?
I really like that look, makes my EZ-Frame look boxy. I checked out the manual and I don't think any waves will be created. The velcro is used in conjunction with snap on connections. The instructions then follow EZ-Frame methods of snapping the screen onto the frame in a very specific order. This means the screen has a low tolerance and should be very tight.

Also, I would recommend anyone considering it to get the 10mm bezel. Otherwise its very likely you will have some light bleed from your projector unless the image is perfect.
post #1717 of 1737 Unread 08-30-2014, 04:07 PM
Advanced Member

I finished mounting my screen and for some reason I can't seem to get the test pattern from the menu on the benq 1070 to fit up the screen. Spent the last two hours and its driving me nuts. On the top right side of the screen you could see by the pic that I am off a bit. Maybe I thought the brackets that I mount on the wall did not line up to each other. I went back and measure both bracket and they line to each other. I try using the zoom, lens shifts, moving the projector around, etc etc etc and I cant seem to get the test pattern to fit the screen. The projector is about 10'7" from the screen. The Benq is sitting on a stand and is connect to my htpc (hdmi). I noticed an issue with right away when I was viewing a movie and I was getting tiny black bars on both left and right side of the screen on a 2:35.1 movie. Any suggestions? Thanks

Last edited by dazz87; 08-30-2014 at 04:22 PM.
post #1718 of 1737 Unread 08-30-2014, 04:45 PM
AVS Special Member

From that picture you PJ has to be moved more to the right and then turned to the left. It's not center.

Also the PJ needs to be higher that's why the image is wider on the top then bottom.

Then you need to play with the lens zoom to fit the screen square.

It takes tinkering to get it right. If you take some photos of the whole screen and where your PJ is might be easier to help.
post #1719 of 1737 Unread 09-01-2014, 12:17 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
From that picture you PJ has to be moved more to the right and then turned to the left. It's not center.

Also the PJ needs to be higher that's why the image is wider on the top then bottom.

Then you need to play with the lens zoom to fit the screen square.

It takes tinkering to get it right. If you take some photos of the whole screen and where your PJ is might be easier to help.
I finally got the top and bottom of the screen to line up correctly. Raised the projector up a bit and moving it to the left Now the issue I have is with the right and left side. I cant seem to get it to line up correctly with the test pattern. No matter what I do I cant seem to get the square to line up against the frame (right and left) IF i use the zoom button then the top and bottom will go beyond the frame. Any other suggestions? Thanks

post #1720 of 1737 Unread 09-01-2014, 05:01 AM
AVS Special Member

From that image now the pj first needs to still go down a little in the front or go up a little in the rear. You can still see that the bottom sides still are a little wider than the top. If you fix that first the top and bottom will fall into place.

As for the top and bottom when playing with the zoom will be just into the black border. On mine the top and bottom are about 1/4-1/2 inch into the black and my sides are about 1/4 inch into the black. This is perfectly fine. Then when you watch something the very little over (I mean little) will not be noticed with the black.

Later if I turn mine on I will take a photo to show you. It takes time tinkering especially when table mounted. If it was on the ceiling the mount allows all types of movement easier.
post #1721 of 1737 Unread 09-01-2014, 05:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 16
What's the asking price for Elite Screen Aeon series.

post #1722 of 1737 Unread 09-02-2014, 11:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
It takes time tinkering especially when table mounted. If it was on the ceiling the mount allows all types of movement easier.
yeah its crazy. I really thought mounting the projector to the wall was going to be harder than this. Mounting the projector to the wall took about an hour, and adjusting the projector to the screen on the table took all weekend. Thats good to hear that the ceiling mount is easier than the table.
post #1723 of 1737 Unread 09-04-2014, 07:25 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 19
My screen just FELL OUT of its case! It was left in the 'down' position after watching ~5 hours of movies, and at some point within 48 hours it somehow slipped out of the ceiling-mounted case into a crumpled heap on the floor!!! It has creases and wrinkles all over it now.

I installed it approx. 1 month ago (125" Acoustically transparent with synchronous motor - Electric125H-A1080P2). I have watched about a dozen movies so far, and the screen has been 'opened/closed' probably 2 dozen times. I have never attempted to make any adjustments to the stop-start points for the screen position, or any other kind of case or motor tinkering.

If I can get home at a reasonable time tomorrow evening, I suppose I'll call Elite to see what they have to say, but this puts a real damper on my HT project - the screen is nicely flush-mounted into the ceiling now... I tested it for a week before I framed it in!!!

Was my projector too powerful for it? I thought I had the bulb set pretty dim?!?

WHATTHEDILEO
Some people LOVE MUSIC.
Some people LOVE the SOUND of music.
If you don't know the difference, then you LIKE MUSIC.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #1724 of 1737 Unread 09-05-2014, 01:58 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsil View Post
What's the asking price for Elite Screen Aeon series.
I'm also interested in this
post #1725 of 1737 Unread 09-05-2014, 06:05 PM

FYI - I've discovered that the screen is held to the roller via some type of 'Post-It Note' type tacky adhesive - I assume the screen is meant to be wrapped around at least >1 revolution, so the weight of the screen keeps it held tightly to the roller. It did not work in my case.

This attachment is pretty common knowledge here, but I didn't find it via a quick Google Search. Contrary to flippant non-helpers on the site, Google is not your friend.

WHATTHEDILEO
Some people LOVE MUSIC.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #1726 of 1737 Unread 09-06-2014, 07:02 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello, has anyone using elite 4k acoustic pro screen?

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
post #1727 of 1737 Unread 09-09-2014, 06:46 PM

I've made contact with Elite Screens Customer Service - hopefully we will be watching movies again real soon! They say they can't just send another screen to be installed in the case - a new unit is required.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SP32-09092014-191630.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	255170  

WHATTHEDILEO
Some people LOVE MUSIC.

post #1728 of 1737 Unread 09-09-2014, 06:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHATTHEDILEO View Post
I've made contact with Elite Screens Customer Service - hopefully we will be watching movies again real soon! They say they can't just send another screen to be installed in the case - a new unit is required.
Just point the projector down and sit on a ladder to watch.

post #1729 of 1737 Unread 09-10-2014, 03:29 PM

Great warranty support for defective screen

My Defective screen UPDATE:

The great news - they are providing me with a complete replacement unit.

The Bummer news - I must dismantle/dissect the original unit and return a list of stuff, including internal guts of the unit...
Both casing end caps (screwed into place on the ends of the unit’s metal housing), circuit board (found under the right end cap), 3-way wall box, IR remote, and a 24”x24” square cut out of the white screen material (to be physically cut and removed from the unit).

I'm thankful they did not ask me to feed a new screen into the old casing, or some other kind of DIY fix for this.

I'll post again when the new screen is installed!

WHATTHEDILEO
Some people LOVE MUSIC.

post #1730 of 1737 Unread 09-10-2014, 03:39 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 1
I just purchased the Elite Lunette 100" fixed curved screen, Can't wait to see it up and running.
post #1731 of 1737 Unread 09-10-2014, 05:22 PM

Unhappy

I recently purchased a 110" CineGrey 5D screen for my HT setup. Aside from getting the EZ Frame assembled, which was not so easy, and took a lot of manual adjusting and force to get the six pieces to align correctly, I have been super happy with the product... until a few nights ago. As I was watching the Oblivion Bluray for testing purposes I started to notice a blemish on the screen. Right in the center there seems to be a watermark like blemish about two inches long that is clearly visible when a bright uniform color is projected on the screen. It was extremely noticeable on blurays with bright colors, light gradients or other bright matte palettes. I hadn't noticed it before because I was mainly idling on the xbone dashboard or playing games with enough movement that your eye doesn't jump right to the blemish.

At this point i'm not really sure what to do... I paid a fair amount for this screen, and was extremely careful when installing and tensioning the screen. The blemish is not visible at all when when inspecting the screen with ambient light up close. This leads me to believe that the material itself is flawed... It's been about a week and it's starting to bother me while sampling blurays. Is this something Elite should fix for me? I figure the screen material can just be replaced and re-tensioned to my current frame. Has anyone else had this problem?

UPDATE: One other thing I noticed when inspecting the flaw was that the intensity of the blemish changed with the viewing angle side to side. At extreme enough angles the blemish mostly disappears.

Last edited by Tripplesixty; 09-10-2014 at 05:26 PM.
post #1732 of 1737 Unread 09-11-2014, 02:44 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Does anybody know if the "edge free" Elite Screen Aeon series is at Cedia? Im so interested in it, but haven't seen anything about it except for Elite Screens homepage. If it is at Cedia, I can't believe that nobody has picked up this story. It's bound to be Elite Screens best seller in the near future.

Last edited by whokilledkaji; 09-11-2014 at 02:45 PM.
post #1733 of 1737 Unread 09-11-2014, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Does anybody know if the "edge free" Elite Screen Aeon series is at Cedia? Im so interested in it, but haven't seen anything about it except for Elite Screens homepage. If it is at Cedia, I can't believe that nobody has picked up this story. It's bound to be Elite Screens best seller in the near future.
Wow this kinda makes me regret my current purchase... :/
post #1734 of 1737 Unread 09-11-2014, 10:10 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripplesixty View Post

Wow this kinda makes me regret my current purchase... :/
Sorry! Not my intention at all. It's just that I can't help think that this screen is very newsworthy, but nobody is talking about it.

I was just about to order a Sable Frame myself when I noticed the Aeon on Elite's homepage by accident.

Last edited by whokilledkaji; 09-11-2014 at 10:13 PM.
post #1735 of 1737 Unread 09-12-2014, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Sorry! Not my intention at all. It's just that I can't help think that this screen is very newsworthy, but nobody is talking about it.

I was just about to order a Sable Frame myself when I noticed the Aeon on Elite's homepage by accident.
No hard feelings, I was really interested in the SI zero edge solutions but wasn't willing to throw down so much cash, so now seeing that there may be cheaper alternative I'm questioning my purchase... also considering the problem I had with mine which I posted above ^... I guess time will tell.
post #1736 of 1737 Unread 09-12-2014, 05:36 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Actually Draper already has a alternative to the zero edge frame which it is called there Profile frame with the React MS1000v material. In my view it is superior to Elites Cinegrey 5D and there Polarstar material as I have all 3 samples. In Europe it has been around for a while and the material gets great reviews. In Europe its called React 2.1. I heard about Elites Edge free frame coming out about 7 months ago and first they told me it was going to be available in Q2 or the beginning of Q3 and also it was going to be available in a 140" frame as I originally wanted a 135". After talking to them back and forth the and waiting that long the biggest they are making is a 120". Originally last week they said they could special order me one in 140" but it would take at least 5 months to make(which I thought was crazy) and then the next day they said they couldn't and there edge free frames wont be ready for production until the end of the year. Then this week I found that Draper just came out with the Profile frame. So I'm ordering that on Monday with the React material which I liked better anyway. It has a 10mm bezel the same thickness as SI's Zero edge. The only thing I wasn't sure about was the ridges on the face of it but when I talked to Draper they told me you pretty much have to rub your finger over it to know it is there. I plan on getting a roll of LED lights from Ebay to put on the back of it as that is pretty much the same as what these company's use as you can tell by the remotes the screens come with. So long story short I got sick of waiting thinking I could save a few bucks and just pony up a little extra to get the Draper screen which in my opinion is a better product anyway.

Last edited by Schank; 09-13-2014 at 01:59 AM.
post #1737 of 1737 Unread Today, 07:17 AM

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Before I read all 44 pages, could anyone care to give me their impressions between the tension screens (looking at CineTension2 Series & VMAX2 Series) and non tensioned screens all with electric. I would be interested in the 120's in cinewhite, figuring my walls are pretty dark. Would be my first indoor screen and have lots of questions about the pricing and quality. Thanks
Curt

Tux's Elusive 1099 (L/C/R)---Ascend CBM-170 SE (surrounds 9.2)---SVS PB 12 Plus---SVS PC 12 Plus---AVR Denon 4311CI---TV Vizio 70---Unraid 32TB Network Storage---Gateway SX 2370 HTPC with 120 SSD
Reply Screens

Tags
Projection Screens , Da Lite Screens , Panasonic Et Lae700 Replacement Lamp For Pt Ae700u , Projectors , Elite Screens Inc
Gear in this thread