The official Elite screen thread. - Page 61 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 6Likes
post #1801 of 1804 Old 01-26-2015, 02:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
planning to buy screen, what is deferens sable vc EZ frame, is screen material the same only frame different?
Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1802 of 1804 Unread Yesterday, 09:21 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
AcousticPro UHD?

Anyone have any experience with the new UHD screens from Elite? Looking for something that won't have Moire effect with my new Ben 1070 that's on order.

Currently debating Acoustically transparent vs. having the speaker below the screen.
post #1803 of 1804 Unread Yesterday, 12:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niloch View Post
Anyone have any experience with the new UHD screens from Elite? Looking for something that won't have Moire effect with my new Ben 1070 that's on order.

Currently debating Acoustically transparent vs. having the speaker below the screen.
Here is a thread that talks about it a little.

Best AT screen for my application?
post #1804 of 1804 Unread Today, 02:57 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Here is the story / review of my ELECTRIC100HT.

In the past I've used a manual Da-Lite model C that I picked up from an local University's dumpster. It had some marks from students on the screen surface, and was getting wavy, but it was good enough for ~15+ years, starting on a Barco 600, Zenith 851x, Optoma HD 70, HD 72, HD65... now finally with a HD 25e I decided it was time to upgrade.

I wanted a tab tensioned screen to prevent the wavyness I had, but I could never quite justify the purchase, until I noticed the Spectrum Tab-Tensioned series...

I knew tab tensioned screens were longer than standard screens, but after checking the dimensions, I realized that this series is even considerably longer than other tab tensioned screens. Go check the dimensions on the elite screens site for yourself and compare. Due to my room size, I could only fit in the ELECTRIC100HT, but it will give about the same width as my previous screen.

I ordered one up from overstock for ~$360 shipped. At the time, they were ~$400 on amazon, but both places have easy return policies so I figured why not.

The screen arrived 5 days later via UPS. I installed it, ran the screen down, but when I went to put it back up again the motor wouldn't shut off. I also noticed the screen seemed to be slightly higher on one side than the other, the motor seemed to hum unevenly, and there were a few nicks where the black and white sections of the screen meet.

I tried to contact elite screens tech support to see if the retraction height was adjustable without voiding the warranty, but I heard no reply, and given the other problems I had noticed, I just boxed it back up, and mailed it back for an exchange.

A week later I got a reply from elite with directions on how to adjust the screen, but by then it was too late.

A few days after that a new screen arrived via an LTL carrier. This screen was packed slightly different from the first. It had velcro straps around the screen in addition to foam. Maybe it was from a newer batch? I hung it up, and started to test it.

This screen appeared to be in much better shape than the last, everything appeared straight and there were no nicks. But again, the motor would not shut off when retracting the screen. I grabbed the manual they sent me and carefully tightened the upper limit switch by two rotations to correct the retraction. Note: While support says you can do this without voiding your warranty, the knob is under a "Warranty Void If Removed" Sticker. I suggest peeling it back with a razor blade and carefully putting it back.

Here are the instructions they sent me:
scribd.com/doc/254127805/VMAX2-Spectrum
(I can't post links because I don't have enough posts)

I also noticed that the screws holding the end caps on were all loose. I tightened them up, and everything seemed to be fine. The screen goes up and down quietly and stops where it should.

I can only assume that the limit switch adjustment screws, as well as the end cap screws, are shaking loose during shipping. It might be a good idea to check them all before use. And to order from a store that has easy returns....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Screens

Tags
Projection Screens , Da Lite Screens , Panasonic Et Lae700 Replacement Lamp For Pt Ae700u , Projectors , Elite Screens Inc
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page