The official Elite screen thread. - Page 62 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #1831 of 1832 Unread Today, 01:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 1
For those curious about polar star, vs darkstar 1.4 vs darkstar 0.9 I have ordered screens in all flavor, they will be here in one week for comparison.

I have tested the smaller samples of the ds 0.9 against a DNP blade 85-80 material and i nearly couldn't believe what i was seeing ,they were identical in color reproduction,angles,falloff etc.. (with the small sample from what i could see)

Ill get some pics taken soon to show if anyone interested
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1832 of 1832 Unread Today, 01:55 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by asteriskmonkey View Post
For those curious about polar star, vs darkstar 1.4 vs darkstar 0.9 I have ordered screens in all flavor, they will be here in one week for comparison.

I have tested the smaller samples of the ds 0.9 against a DNP blade 85-80 material and i nearly couldn't believe what i was seeing ,they were identical in color reproduction,angles,falloff etc.. (with the small sample from what i could see)

Ill get some pics taken soon to show if anyone interested
I'm definitely interested! I have samples of both the Darkstar .9 and 1.4, and I saw them both in person at the Elite Screens facility. I also have a sample of the DNP 08-85 material. To me, the .9 and the 08-85 are very similar, except the Darkstar .9 gets just a tad better blacks. The blacks on the Darkstar 1.4 are close to the 08-85 material, which makes for some nice pop on the 1.4 material.

Dave

FOR SALE: Wireworld Platinum 6 1M HDMI Cable. Originally $1000, selling for $500 obo. Please PM me, if interested.
Reply Screens

Tags
Projection Screens , Da Lite Screens , Panasonic Et Lae700 Replacement Lamp For Pt Ae700u , Projectors , Elite Screens Inc
Gear in this thread - Lae700 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page