The official Elite screen thread. - Page 67 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!


Forum Jump: 
Reply
Thread Tools
post #1981 of 1989 Old Today, 08:57 AM
Advanced Member
 
fuzz092888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 533
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro230 View Post
Both the Spectrum and Saker screens use the MaxWhite 1.1 gain screen material but the Saker has the fiber glass backing. I was looking at the CineTension 2 and apparently it cannot be ceiling hung which is why it is not one of my choices (it is also about $300 more than the Saker)
The cinetension can definitely be ceiling hung. Don't forget that the saker is also available in the Acousticpro UHD material
fuzz092888 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1982 of 1989 Old Today, 09:07 AM
Newbie
 
nitro230's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzz092888 View Post
The cinetension can definitely be ceiling hung. Don't forget that the saker is also available in the Acousticpro UHD material
Well if the cenetension can be ceiling hung I will take a closer look at that model and see what the difference is between the CineWhite screen and the MaxWhite screen to see if it is worth an extra $300.

Yeah, I am still considering the acoustic pro UHD material on the Saker which would allow me to place the screen in front of my center speaker and increase my screen size to 110" but since I am already sitting close to the screen (9'2" away) I didn't think the extra 10" would be worth another $300.

But anyway, to try and narrow my choices a bit, do you thing the fiberglass backed saker screen is worth an extra $220 on an already tensioned screen?
nitro230 is online now  
post #1983 of 1989 Old Today, 09:21 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Gooddoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 5,311
Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1432 Post(s)
Liked: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro230 View Post
Both the Spectrum and Saker screens use the MaxWhite 1.1 gain screen material but the Saker has the fiber glass backing. I was looking at the CineTension 2 and apparently it cannot be ceiling hung which is why it is not one of my choices (it is also about $300 more than the Saker)
That's odd, my Cinetension 2 hangs from my ceiling just fine .

The CineWhite was very well reviewed, which is why I went with it.
Gooddoc is online now  
post #1984 of 1989 Unread Today, 10:00 AM
AVS Special Member
 
humbland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,122
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro230 View Post
Both the Spectrum and Saker screens use the MaxWhite 1.1 gain screen material but the Saker has the fiber glass backing. I was looking at the CineTension 2 and apparently it cannot be ceiling hung which is why it is not one of my choices (it is also about $300 more than the Saker)
What makes you think the CineTension2 screen can not be hung from a ceiling? I can not see any reason that would be the case (PJ humor). There are sliding brackets that you would just move to the approriate stud locations, then hang as usual with hooks and chain.
What am I missing here?
humbland is online now  
post #1985 of 1989 Unread Today, 10:25 AM
Senior Member
 
reisb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 350
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Where do you guys order your Elite Screens from?

I've had an order from Amazon since August 11th and they still can't tell me when it's shipping. Free shipping and least expensive through Amazon.
Previously, I had been looking on elitescreenshop.com, which I just found out was a reseller. They charge $130 to ship my item.
I just went to elitescreens.com as well. Noticed free shipping, but unit cost is a little higher.

Are any one or the other better quality checks prior to shipment? I went with Amazon originally because I could ship back with no issues and not have to pay to return if defective. But not having an idea when to ship is killing me with football starting in 2 days!
reisb is online now  
post #1986 of 1989 Unread Today, 10:28 AM
Newbie
 
nitro230's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by humbland View Post
What makes you think the CineTension2 screen can not be hung from a ceiling? I can not see any reason that would be the case (PJ humor). There are sliding brackets that you would just move to the approriate stud locations, then hang as usual with hooks and chain.
What am I missing here?
Yeah, apparently you can ceiling hang it. I thought you could not because if you go to the comparison page on Elite's website it specifically says that the Spectrum and Saker can be suspended but says that the CineTension2 can only be flush wall or ceiling mounted.

http://www.elitescreens.com/index.ph...s#6-comparison

Also, if you look at the installation manual for the Spectrum and Saker they tell you how to ceiling suspend it but the manual for the CineTension2 does not have that as a mounting option.

So it seems that other people have done it and it is possible but maybe it is just not a recommended installation method by Elite...
nitro230 is online now  
post #1987 of 1989 Unread Today, 10:30 AM
Senior Member
 
Scrappydue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 423
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by reisb View Post
Where do you guys order your Elite Screens from?

I've had an order from Amazon since August 11th and they still can't tell me when it's shipping. Free shipping and least expensive through Amazon.
Previously, I had been looking on elitescreenshop.com, which I just found out was a reseller. They charge $130 to ship my item.
I just went to elitescreens.com as well. Noticed free shipping, but unit cost is a little higher.

Are any one or the other better quality checks prior to shipment? I went with Amazon originally because I could ship back with no issues and not have to pay to return if defective. But not having an idea when to ship is killing me with football starting in 2 days!
which model are you trying to find????
Scrappydue is online now  
post #1988 of 1989 Unread Today, 10:39 AM
Senior Member
 
reisb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 350
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappydue View Post
which model are you trying to find????
vmax135uwh2
reisb is online now  
post #1989 of 1989 Unread Today, 10:59 AM
Senior Member
 
Scrappydue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 423
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by reisb View Post
vmax135uwh2
yeah that sucks i hate when amazon says in stock but ships in a random amount of time. well 100 more will get it to you in just a couple days but like you said can be a hassle to return. have you tried chatting or talking with them over the phone to find out what the deal is
Scrappydue is online now  
Reply Screens

Tags
Projection Screens , Da Lite Screens , Panasonic Et Lae700 Replacement Lamp For Pt Ae700u , Projectors , Elite Screens Inc
Gear in this thread - Lae700 by PriceGrabber.com

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off