The official Elite screen thread. - Page 71 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 19Likes
post #2101 of 2119 Old 01-22-2016, 10:30 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 12
any opinions on this model? VMAX100H95C

ELITE SCREENS VMAX100H95C VMAX DUAL SERIES 100 DIAG. AND 95 DIAG. - HDTV [16:9] AND CINEMASCOPE [2.35:1] - MAXWHITE - 1.1 GAIN

http://www.projectorscreen.com/elite...-1-1-gain.html

how will this compare to the other models?

is maxhite 1.1 gain good? planning to buy Epson Home Cinema 5030UB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2102 of 2119 Old 01-27-2016, 12:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 632 Post(s)
Liked: 1145
Hey guys, looking for some input.

JVC RS400 going into a living room and will be the main source of our viewing day and night. Ambient light during the day, 40w lamp in the corner on at night. Light color walls and carpet. Was looking at a 100" SableFrame Cinegray 3D. Throw is about 11 feet from lens to screen.

Thanks.

LG 65EF9500 / BDP-S6500
X4200W / Model 5000
Klipsch RF-7II's / RC-64II
Dual Rythmik FV15HP's
post #2103 of 2119 Old 01-27-2016, 12:57 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgtfreek View Post
Hey guys, looking for some input.

JVC RS400 going into a living room and will be the main source of our viewing day and night. Ambient light during the day, 40w lamp in the corner on at night. Light color walls and carpet. Was looking at a 100" SableFrame Cinegray 3D. Throw is about 11 feet from lens to screen.

Thanks.
Have you used a PJ before? Are you sure you want the JVC as the main viewing source day and night? After calibration for proper black levels, that's just not going to be bright enough with ambient daylight. With a 40w bulb, depending on where the lamp is, still may not be bright enough. Just food for thought.
post #2104 of 2119 Old 01-27-2016, 01:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 632 Post(s)
Liked: 1145
The new models doubled their light output for HDR. The 400 is like 1600 lumens with a calibration.

Using a calculator on here by a member, the 400 with an 11 foot throw and the iris fully open is a light cannon. Should mean I can close the iris a lot for my need. I should be able to have a day and night mode also that will more than suit me. Been talking to Mike G here in AVS Sales, and he recommended the CineGray 3D. Just wanted to talk to users.

LG 65EF9500 / BDP-S6500
X4200W / Model 5000
Klipsch RF-7II's / RC-64II
Dual Rythmik FV15HP's
post #2105 of 2119 Old 01-27-2016, 02:35 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgtfreek View Post
The new models doubled their light output for HDR. The 400 is like 1600 lumens with a calibration.

Using a calculator on here by a member, the 400 with an 11 foot throw and the iris fully open is a light cannon. Should mean I can close the iris a lot for my need. I should be able to have a day and night mode also that will more than suit me. Been talking to Mike G here in AVS Sales, and he recommended the CineGray 3D. Just wanted to talk to users.
It's still only 1700 lumens and I'm not sure where you're seeing after calibration for that number. All the literature I can find is saying that's what it is. To get the best black levels, figure losing a good chunk of that.

I wouldn't call 1700 lumens (best case scenario) a light cannon by any means. I've had an Epson and now a JVC. The Epson was rated around 1800 lumens before calibration and the JVC is rated at 1200 lumens. Both have been used with electric drop down screens, 92" and 135" from throws ranging from 9' to 14'. After calibration, neither was much good with even moderate ambient light and were only OK with relatively low natural ambient light. Definitely compared to the plasma that sit behind the screens.

IMO a projector rated at 1700 lumens, even with selectable user profiles, is not suitable for a main display if the lighting isn't tightly controlled. I also work with projectors on a daily basis in bright rooms in more of a business setting and can say that I completely agree with the chart linked below.

http://www.projectorpeople.com/resou...umen-guide.asp

YMMV, although I'm skeptical you'll be happy with daytime viewing coming from the TV's linked in your profile.

For reference. The first picture is with my HT settings, the second is about as bright as I can get it, lens wide open, high power mode, while still keeping it relatively good looking. This is with a low amount of ambient light. It looks like more than it really is. The sun is mostly set, the venetian blinds are closed and almost all the lights are off.

post #2106 of 2119 Old 01-29-2016, 09:41 AM

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Anyone have any experience with this screen?

Elite Screens Spectrum Tab-Tension, 125-inch 16:9, 4K Tensioned Electric Motorized Projection Projector Screen, Electric125HT

It's $599 on Amazon.com and direct from Elitescreens.com.

Seems to get better reviews than the CineTension 2 at about half the price. Would this screen work well with an Epson 5025UB? It will be used in a dark room with light tan walls and a white ceiling.

Thanks,
Martin

Home Theater System: Panasonic TC-P65VT60; Pioneer Elite SC-75; Klipsch Reference RF-82 II, RC-62 II & RS-52 II; 2 Reaction Audio Echo 15; Comcast DVR / PS3 / WiiU / Xbox One
Stereo Audio System: YS-Audio Audio Experience Balanced A2; DIY ICEpower 1000ASP monoblocks; Von Schweikert VR-4 Gen III HSE; PS Audio Digital Link III; Logitech Squeezebox Touch; PS Audio GCPH; Opera Consonance LP-2.0; Mørch UP-4; Grado Sonata; PS Audio GCHA; Sennheiser HD 598
post #2107 of 2119 Old 01-30-2016, 09:37 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all, I'm a rook and just bought a house with a theater room. Putting in a projector and screen. I need a sound transparent screen and am looking at the elite AcousticPro 1080P3. 135" curved or 138" flat. Are these good options? Should I consider something else for a better price point? And do you recommend the curved feature? Cheers all!
post #2108 of 2119 Old 01-30-2016, 10:40 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_guitarist View Post
Hi all, I'm a rook and just bought a house with a theater room. Putting in a projector and screen. I need a sound transparent screen and am looking at the elite AcousticPro 1080P3. 135" curved or 138" flat. Are these good options? Should I consider something else for a better price point? And do you recommend the curved feature? Cheers all!
So I'm guessing you're looking at the Lunette and what other model?
post #2109 of 2119 Old 01-30-2016, 10:42 AM

Yes and sable235
post #2110 of 2119 Old 01-30-2016, 11:46 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi
I hope you can help me,

I am looking for motorized screen 110' and I found two screen VMAX2 and Spectrum
Could you please till me what are the differences between them?
and which one is bitter and why?

Elite Screens VMAX2, 110-inch Diagonal 16:9, Electric Motorized Drop Down HD Projection Projector Screen, VMAX110UWH2

Elite Screens Spectrum, 110-inch 16:9, 4K Home Theater Electric Motorized Drop Down Projection Projector Screen, ELECTRIC110H

Thanks and Best Regards
post #2111 of 2119 Old 01-30-2016, 11:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_guitarist View Post
Yes and sable235
IMO, the curved isn't getting you very much.

I think the only reason you should go with an AT screen is if you're trying to go big and you have no choice but to put the screen in front of your speakers. You also need sufficient space between your screen and the speakers. I forget the exact distance, but I think it was like 4-8in between your speakers and the screen for acoustically transparent. If you have the space to get the size screen you want and not put the speakers behind the screen I'd go that route if it were me.
post #2112 of 2119 Old 01-30-2016, 11:58 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tariq.s View Post
Hi
I hope you can help me,

I am looking for motorized screen 110' and I found two screen VMAX2 and Spectrum
Could you please till me what are the differences between them?
and which one is bitter and why?

Elite Screens VMAX2, 110-inch Diagonal 16:9, Electric Motorized Drop Down HD Projection Projector Screen, VMAX110UWH2

Elite Screens Spectrum, 110-inch 16:9, 4K Home Theater Electric Motorized Drop Down Projection Projector Screen, ELECTRIC110H

Thanks and Best Regards

I am sorry the other screen is Spectrum2, not Spectrum

Elite Screens Spectrum2, 110-inch 16:9, 12-inch Drop, Electric Motorized Drop Down Projection Projector Screen, SPM110H-E12
post #2113 of 2119 Old 02-01-2016, 11:51 AM

I went with a 135 non-curved. The speaker is already installed behind the screen from the previous install. Thanks!
post #2114 of 2119 Old 02-04-2016, 10:14 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4HD View Post
What was wrong with the replacement Spectrum Tab Tensioned screen that Elite sent you, if you don't mind me asking? I'm thinking of trying one so it would be good to know what issues I might be facing if I decide to go this route.
Sorry for the late reply. Both the original and replacement have curved edges even though its a tensioned edge. They cave inwards towards the view and it really bothers me because if you use the tensioning mechanism then that inturn shortens the length of the tension string which shortens the distance between the top of the screen and the bottom of the screen that creates a kink in the bottom of the screen. Elite has already sent me a replacement screen which they claim they quality checked prior to shipping, the replacement screen was even worse.

I'm currently still waiting for a 3rd screen replacement which they promised me they would upgrade to the Saker screen. They told me to wait 2 months until they got new stock in. I waited and called and now they said no we are going to replace your current model. I'm waiting for them to quality check the screens and send me a picture prior to shipping. Very frustrating, because they do stand behind their screens but are taking forever and flipflop their words.
post #2115 of 2119 Old 02-04-2016, 10:18 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhconley View Post
Anyone have any experience with this screen?

Elite Screens Spectrum Tab-Tension, 125-inch 16:9, 4K Tensioned Electric Motorized Projection Projector Screen, Electric125HT

It's $599 on Amazon.com and direct from Elitescreens.com.

Seems to get better reviews than the CineTension 2 at about half the price. Would this screen work well with an Epson 5025UB? It will be used in a dark room with light tan walls and a white ceiling.

Thanks,
Martin
I purchased that screen and having issues with it. I guess for the price you cant beat it but for the quality its not worth it. Check my post and you can see what issue I'm having. The company will stand behind its product and warranty just not worth the time or money your going to waste.
post #2116 of 2119 Old 02-06-2016, 10:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Yet another rookie question (HT I know, but first time working with projection). I'm looking at the Spectrum 2 series for my build out. The main reasons driving this model are the mounting space I have to work with. Thanks to a pretty low knee wall to the barn shaped ceiling, whatever screen I go with is going to be a tight fit, and the spectrum's case is a bit narrower.

That said, I was curious about the top drop. Is there any way to shorten that with a physical stop, so the screen surface top is a bit higher? i.e. on the 100 or 110" model, the top black is 12". Ideally I'd like that closer to 6" or possibly less since the screen is already going to be bordering on the low side (need to conserve as much height as I can).

I know I could just lower it and stop at the desired spot, but as this will be covering a window, thus raised and lowered a lot, I'd rather have a programmed or physical stop so that I could utilize a trigger to drop the screen when the system powers up and still have it stop at the right spot.

Remember, no matter where you go... You're not where you were anymore.
post #2117 of 2119 Old 02-06-2016, 10:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 192
Yes, I have the Spectrum 2 and there is a way to set it up so that it stops at less than default drop. There is an opening in the back that you insert an allen wrench and turn it either clockwise or counterclock wise. Each full turn is 1" less or more depending on which way you turn it.
post #2118 of 2119 Old 02-06-2016, 10:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moebius View Post
Yet another rookie question (HT I know, but first time working with projection). I'm looking at the Spectrum 2 series for my build out. The main reasons driving this model are the mounting space I have to work with. Thanks to a pretty low knee wall to the barn shaped ceiling, whatever screen I go with is going to be a tight fit, and the spectrum's case is a bit narrower.

That said, I was curious about the top drop. Is there any way to shorten that with a physical stop, so the screen surface top is a bit higher? i.e. on the 100 or 110" model, the top black is 12". Ideally I'd like that closer to 6" or possibly less since the screen is already going to be bordering on the low side (need to conserve as much height as I can).

I know I could just lower it and stop at the desired spot, but as this will be covering a window, thus raised and lowered a lot, I'd rather have a programmed or physical stop so that I could utilize a trigger to drop the screen when the system powers up and still have it stop at the right spot.
My screen is the Cinetension2, but it has an adjustable drop. I think that all of their electric screens do.
You can call CS, they can answer it in a moment.
post #2119 of 2119 Unread Today, 11:37 AM

Liked: 11
Hey yall, ran across this Craigslist. Is it a decent screen? I know my stereos and TVs, but I know nothing about screens. Thanks!
CL listing:http://nashville.craigslist.org/for/5440462096.html

Last edited by Daffypuck; Today at 11:42 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Screens

Tags
Projection Screens , Da Lite Screens , Panasonic Et Lae700 Replacement Lamp For Pt Ae700u , Projectors , Elite Screens Inc
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page