The official Elite screen thread. - Page 74 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 25Likes

post #2191 of 2203 Old 09-16-2016, 11:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Would love to hear feedback from anyone using an Epson 5040ub with acousticpro1080P3 screen as that is my planned combo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2192 of 2203 Old 09-18-2016, 11:19 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronman79 View Post
Just subscribed to this thread, and I'm interested in this material... ...But, I'll have small children up most of the time, game or fight nights, etc, and wonder if the Cinegrey would be optimal.

Sent from my XR6P10 using Tapatalk
I really like the CinemaGrey material. It is a trade off but worthwhile I think for a multi-purpose room. I had a previous theater room that was light controlled with a white screen but found watching in a dark room extreme and fatiguing for things like sports and casual viewing/ conversation. My current room is open plan, half playroom for the kids, and has a large glass sliding door plus transom above in the back.

The cinema grey material allows me to use vertical blinds semi-open (light angled away from the screen) on the glass slider/transom and, similar to your setup, recessed lights in the play area, rope lighting above (hidden behind crown), and wall sconces, for a well lit room with a very usable screen. It is more "big TV" versus "movie theater". I tend to run my Panasonic 8000 full brightness with a lot of ambient light but on eco mode at night.

As far as the Aeon, see my other thread for early feedback on my 135" Aeon. I wanted this frame for edge free use, and would love it if not for issues on the corners. If you plan to use the (somewhat cheap looking) tape you may be able to cover the corners. I want to keep the Aeon but may return it due to the corners. (Per Elite, one of their more traditional frames will not have the corner issues.)

Last edited by TempTag; 09-19-2016 at 05:10 AM.
post #2193 of 2203 Old 09-18-2016, 07:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 777 Post(s)
Liked: 197
Just finished setting up my new VMAX2 Elite screen. Looks great! Using with an Optoma GT1080 short throw. Projector is about 4 feet from the 120" screen. This is in my living room and pups down in front of my 50" Samsung Plasma. Mostly for night time viewing since I have no light control for daytime.

My Current "Living Room" Home Theater!
===========================================
Receiver:Pioneer Elite VSX-44
Fronts: B&W 684 S1 — Center: B&W CM Center S2
Surrounds: B&W 685 S1 — Subwoofer: Rhythmic FV15HP
Rear Surrounds: Polk Audio T15 — Front Heights: Polk Audio T15
post #2194 of 2203 Old 09-19-2016, 02:17 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 340 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by citsur86 View Post
Just finished setting up my new VMAX2 Elite screen. Looks great! Using with an Optoma GT1080 short throw. Projector is about 4 feet from the 120" screen. This is in my living room and pups down in front of my 50" Samsung Plasma. Mostly for night time viewing since I have no light control for daytime.
[/IMG]
I think I have decided to go fixed frame for my needs, but just curious at how much you like the new screen compared to the old one. Notice any issues with it?
post #2195 of 2203 Old 09-19-2016, 03:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 777 Post(s)
Liked: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theriddler07sms View Post
I think I have decided to go fixed frame for my needs, but just curious at how much you like the new screen compared to the old one. Notice any issues with it?

Only issue is the slight waves that it has along the bottom and that I can't get the trigger function to work. I used the trigger cat5 they provide and have tried to splice a mono cable to plug into the projector. I ran this wire along with the others when we did that on Saturday. Problem is they the trigger the screen came with has an orange and green wire while the mono audio cord has red, white, and black internal wires. I've tried red to orange and green to black then white and nothing works. Not a super big deal though since I programmed my harmony remote to drop the screen when starting the activity and raise it when turning everything off. Anyways if I was you I would get a fixed screen if you can.

My Current "Living Room" Home Theater!
===========================================
Receiver:Pioneer Elite VSX-44
Fronts: B&W 684 S1 — Center: B&W CM Center S2
Surrounds: B&W 685 S1 — Subwoofer: Rhythmic FV15HP
Rear Surrounds: Polk Audio T15 — Front Heights: Polk Audio T15
post #2196 of 2203 Old 09-20-2016, 08:03 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I am about to purchase a 120" elite screens spectrum2 with the maxwhitefg 1.1gain screen. I plan to purchase a benq ht2050 as well, this will be my first setupand will be going in a multipurpose room. So i will be using the electric screen to come down aprox 2 feet from my wall directly in front of my tv. this will be in a very small room, 12x15. Vewing distance will be aprox 12 feet from the screen, and the projector will be mounted between 12-13 feet from screen. based on the dimensions of the screen and my wall height 7'2". the viewing area of the screen will start at 15.5 inches. My delima comes from a Fan mounted in the direct path of the projector output. I will have to mount the projector no lower than 12 inches from the ceiling to clear the fan. The screen will be mounted directly in front of a 36" wide window. Will the screen be effected by the window? I plan to use this for after dusk viewing. I have done research on everything i can think of for the past week, but i just want to make sure i have everything covered.
post #2197 of 2203 Old 09-20-2016, 08:36 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 67
I've searched online, and tried to search this thread (kinda hard to do with it generalized). I'm trying to find reviews and comparisons of the Cinewhite material.

My room setup will be a dark, light controlled theater room. For most critical movie viewing, it'll be lights out. With a family, and with fights, sports, etc, there will be some ambient light. I plan to be able to keep that at a minimum, when needed (phillips hue lighting). I plan to buy an Aeon 120" soon, and just want to make sure I'm making the right decision for the $.

Thanks!

Ronman79 Theater Plan/Build: Click Here to Help... Current Equipment: 2016 Vizio P50 UHD FALD HDR Display (working on dedicated projection HT upstairs!) Polk Audio RTiA9 Towers / Polk CSiA6 Center / Polk FXi5 Bipole Surrounds / (4) Polk PSW505 12" Subs / Sony BDP-S790 Blu-ray / Dish Hopper with sling / PS4 / Harmony Elite & One
post #2198 of 2203 Old 09-23-2016, 10:34 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Put up my 110" AT Saker tab tension screen just as a test a few weeks ago. Since this photo, the room has basically been done. Hope to get to hanging to PJ and screen for real tomorrow.

screen test by Steven Bills, on Flickr
citsur86 likes this.
post #2199 of 2203 Old 09-23-2016, 11:52 PM
Advanced Member

Which is better. Sable Frame 2, EZ Frame, or EZ Frame 2?
post #2200 of 2203 Old 09-24-2016, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theriddler07sms View Post
Which is better. Sable Frame 2, EZ Frame, or EZ Frame 2?
Look also at what type material you're going to need. There are different combos available with different frames/material/size, etc...One might have what you need and the others not.

Ronman79 Theater Plan/Build: Click Here to Help... Current Equipment: 2016 Vizio P50 UHD FALD HDR Display (working on dedicated projection HT upstairs!) Polk Audio RTiA9 Towers / Polk CSiA6 Center / Polk FXi5 Bipole Surrounds / (4) Polk PSW505 12" Subs / Sony BDP-S790 Blu-ray / Dish Hopper with sling / PS4 / Harmony Elite & One
post #2201 of 2203 Old 09-24-2016, 04:09 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronman79 View Post
Look also at what type material you're going to need. There are different combos available with different frames/material/size, etc...One might have what you need and the others not.
White screen 1.0-1.2 gain will work for me.
post #2202 of 2203 Old 09-24-2016, 09:24 PM

Tell me what you guys think here. From another thread...

I've been wondering about screen material types, and trying to figure what I should go with. I too am very interested in what seems to be well reviewed and high value materials from Elite Screens.

My room will be matte blacked out ceiling and walls, with dark carpet and black furniture. However, I'll have family (wife, 4 small children) and friends up for a good bit of games, fights, video gaming, etc.

I figured a white screen, and when I do have on some lighting, it can be the independently controlled, dimmable, rear recessed lighting (well away from the screen). My most critical viewing will be of batcaved movie nights, but with the other, should I consider the gray screens?

Sent from my XR6P10 using Tapatalk

post #2203 of 2203 Old 09-25-2016, 09:04 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 2
So I only see one allen screw hole on the left side of my screen, and I see yellow in there. Is this the vertical limit adjust?

[IMG]Yellow hole by Steven Bills, on Flickr[/IMG]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Screens

Tags
Projection Screens , Da Lite Screens , Panasonic Et Lae700 Replacement Lamp For Pt Ae700u , Projectors , Elite Screens Inc
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page