The official Elite screen thread. - Page 79 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 49Likes

post #2341 of 2369 Old 08-23-2017, 06:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Is the fabric of Cinegrey 3d and 5d the same color shade? Or is one darker than the other? I like the Black Diamond screen color, but I'm not close to afford it, so was looking for a poor man's BD.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2342 of 2369 Old 09-05-2017, 05:58 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
i acquired a brand new 125 electric spectrum elite screen, and am building an outdoor projector area under a deck. I'm considering removing the screen from the metal box that it rolls up into and making a fixed screen because I'm worried the wind will cause the screen to move excessively. anybody ever done that with an electric screen?
post #2343 of 2369 Old 09-09-2017, 06:34 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have the ER120WH1-A1080P3 120" AcousticPro screen

Today I dropped my coffee cup and coffee (with cream) exploded everywhere including unfortunately splashing up onto my screen.

Anyone know if Can these things be cleaned? How?

post #2344 of 2369 Old 09-12-2017, 06:33 AM

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodean View Post
I have the ER120WH1-A1080P3 120" AcousticPro screen

Today I dropped my coffee cup and coffee (with cream) exploded everywhere including unfortunately splashing up onto my screen.

Anyone know if Can these things be cleaned? How?
Care for the following Materials (Elite Screen Maintenance Care):

FG, Spectra White FG, AcousticPro UHD
Care for the following Materials:
CineGrey 3D®, CineGrey 5D™, PowerGain and AirBright 3D2
1. Materials needed: 2 Lint-Free white cloths, Mild Soap (hand soap is suitable) and Water.
2. Take the Lint-Free cloth and submerge it in warm water for cleaning light dust and dirt. For stubborn stains or a sticky
surface, a solution of mild dishwashing liquid diluted with warm water should be used.
3. Completely ring out cloth so it is lightly dampened, not drenched.
4. Using the damp cloth, lightly wipe in an up and down motion starting at the left of the screen moving to the right of the
screen.
DO NOT WIPE IN CIRCULAR MOTION.
5. Once you have completed wiping the entire screen with a dampened Lint-Free cloth, use the dry Lint-Free cloth to
wipe off any excess water from the screen.
1. Materials needed: 2 Microfiber cloths and water.
2. Gently blot the area using a lightly dampened lint-free microfiber cloth with clear warm water.
DO NOT
rub.
3. Using the damp cloth, lightly wipe in an up and down motion starting at the left of the screen moving to the right of the
screen.
DO NOT WIPE IN CIRCULAR MOTION.
4. To clean a stubborn stain or a sticky surface, spray a solution of equal parts Formula 409 and warm water onto a
lint-free microfiber cloth.
DO NOT SPRAY THE SCREEN MATERIAL DIRECTLY.
NEVER ALLOW ANY SOLVENTS TO DRY ON THE MATERIALS AS THEY WILL CREATE A STAIN THAT IS NON-
REMOVABLE.
**If Heavily soiled (marked permanently): Unfortunately you may NOT use any solution to clean the surface as it
will damage the screen. If there is a mark, it is permanent.
• You can
NOT
repair a screen if it is torn.
**If heavily soiled (marked permanently): You may use alcohol with a Q-Tip to clean.
1. Dip one side of the Q-Tip in Alcohol
3. Use dry side of Q-Tip to go over mark to dry it.
2. Gently wipe marked spot ONLY.
4. You may wipe over with dry Lint-Free Cloth to finish

Peace and blessings,

Azeke
MOberhardt likes this.
post #2345 of 2369 Old 09-12-2017, 06:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 1623 Post(s)
Liked: 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by slip023 View Post
Is the fabric of Cinegrey 3d and 5d the same color shade? Or is one darker than the other? I like the Black Diamond screen color, but I'm not close to afford it, so was looking for a poor man's BD.
Not directly answering your question, but I just ordered the CineGrey 3D Design cut and found the screen very dark, even with the projector placed optimally for angular reflection. This is really disappointing given the claimed gain of 1.2. I have attached a picture that shows a white sheet of paper against the CineGrey 3D. I email Elite support and they said
Quote:
I apologize, but there is no flaw on the material. If you feel that the material does not meet your expectations, please contact your dealer to request a return for a refund. All of our stock of the 3D material will be the same.
Quote:
That’s because it is a grey screen. What you placed in the center is a white material. The 3D material is polarized, so naturally it will be darker than any white surface.
Quote:
By brighter we mean more reflective. It does not mean that the image color would be whiter.
Does anyone else have the same issue?
[EDIT: In another post (see link below), people have shown that the CineGrey 5D looks much brighter than a sheet of paper, at least near the centre. This is opposite to what I saw with my CineGrey 3D].
The official Elite screen thread.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CineGrey3D.jpg (181.4 KB, 76 views)

JVC DLA-RS400
HCFR v3.4.x Bug List

Last edited by Dominic Chan; 09-13-2017 at 05:31 AM.
post #2346 of 2369 Old 09-12-2017, 10:26 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azekecse View Post
Care for the following Materials (Elite Screen Maintenance Care):

Peace and blessings,

Azeke
Thank you!
post #2347 of 2369 Old 09-19-2017, 11:59 AM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Does anyone have a review of the 1080P3 material? I am about to purchase but can't seem to find a decent review. I know the P2 had moire issues, is it the same with the P3?
post #2348 of 2369 Old 09-26-2017, 12:08 PM

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by azula View Post
Does anyone have a review of the 1080P3 material? I am about to purchase but can't seem to find a decent review. I know the P2 had moire issues, is it the same with the P3?
I have a 2.35:1 , 138 inch screen with the 1080p3 with a Epson 5040ub and have no issues with moire. Now the 1080p2 was terrible. With the 1080p3 on 16x9 content with a really bright sceen if you really look you can see it a little. But nothing you would notice watching movies. I only see it when I'm surffing the web usually.
post #2349 of 2369 Old 09-30-2017, 08:42 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Unhappy Elite Cinetension 110" V Waves

Hello,

Bought an Elite Cinetension 110" motorized screen about 60 days ago. Was fantastic until roughly 2 weeks ago. End of story first, Elite provided full refund and had me destroy the screen but no replacement as they said "all large format screens have that issue".

Nonetheless, wanted to share for those considering. After a couple months of use, we notices waves in the screen originating from the bottom middle and going outward toward the top corners (in the shape of a V). In addition, if you view the seem between the screen and the border from an angle the line was severely wavy across both the top and bottom.

Screen was installed in a dedicated theater room with no windows. It was only used for roughly 2-3 hours per week for a single movie viewing.

Being that the price point was totaled around $1200, I am not seeing alternatives with stellar reviews anywhere near that price. Would love to hear your feedback, recommendations or experiences...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8383.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	618.2 KB
ID:	2290998  
post #2350 of 2369 Old 09-30-2017, 10:49 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanrowlett View Post
Hello,

Bought an Elite Cinetension 110" motorized screen about 60 days ago. Was fantastic until roughly 2 weeks ago. End of story first, Elite provided full refund and had me destroy the screen but no replacement as they said "all large format screens have that issue".

Nonetheless, wanted to share for those considering. After a couple months of use, we notices waves in the screen originating from the bottom middle and going outward toward the top corners (in the shape of a V). In addition, if you view the seem between the screen and the border from an angle the line was severely wavy across both the top and bottom.

Screen was installed in a dedicated theater room with no windows. It was only used for roughly 2-3 hours per week for a single movie viewing.

Being that the price point was totaled around $1200, I am not seeing alternatives with stellar reviews anywhere near that price. Would love to hear your feedback, recommendations or experiences...
Same issue on a new Elite ProAV Saker Tab Tensioned 120”. So sad that they can’t produce a flat screen.
post #2351 of 2369 Old 10-01-2017, 10:22 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Damn, that looks bad. I've ordered a 120" Saker tab from the USA, if i had seen this i might have reconsidered...
You could try carefully to warm it a bit from behind with a hairdryer? Maybe order a sample first and test on that...
post #2352 of 2369 Old 10-01-2017, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jowicrt View Post
Damn, that looks bad. I've ordered a 120" Saker tab from the USA, if i had seen this i might have reconsidered...
You could try carefully to warm it a bit from behind with a hairdryer? Maybe order a sample first and test on that...
Tried hair dryer and weights on either side of drop bar, as recommended by tech at Elite, with no appreciable change.
post #2353 of 2369 Old 10-02-2017, 05:07 AM

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 31
That doesn't sound good. I hope you find a solution.
post #2354 of 2369 Old 10-02-2017, 07:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 457 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanrowlett View Post
Hello,

Our story is somewhat similar. It's posted earlier in this thread. We have a Cinetension "scope" electric drop. The Cinewhite material has "V" waves from the bottom of the screen. Elite CS sent us info on several different "fixes" to try. Bottom line is that I was not willing to risk taking the whole thing apart; and from my reading, others had limited success trying to address the issue. Under the circumstances, Elite CS was very helpful and offered a replacement or a price adjustment. Our cathedral ceiling install was difficult and expensive. I did not want to go through it again. So, I elected to live with it. To my surprise, it's not a huge "real world" issue. 90% of the time, the waves are not visible. Only on very brite/white scenes do they show up. If we screen something where they are visible, I manually stretch the screen from middle of the bottom bar. Keeping my fingers only on the black masking material, I work out to the edges. In a minute, the screen will improve until waves disapear. They will return if the screen is retracted then deployed again, but can be manually "adjusted" , if necessary.
Is it a hassle? Yes, but for the few times I have bothered to do it, not a big deal. Most of the time, on most content, the waves are not noticeable. We needed a precise size (125" diagonal) scope screen to fit our set up. Elite was really the only pre-made option that I could find. The Cinewhite material has excellent viewing characteristics. The choice was to pay 5x as much to get a custom made electric drop from someone like DaLite or Stewart, or live with a few waves. Bottom line: I've been happy with our Elite.
YRMV.

Last edited by humbland; 10-02-2017 at 07:37 AM.
post #2355 of 2369 Old 10-05-2017, 12:21 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Elite R135WH1-A1080P

I have been looking at an Elite R135WH1-A1080P screen for a while. I have never see it demo'd. I have an Epson 5010 projector to be used in a new room manly movies so I can get this room dark. In the house I just sold I used the Epson 5010 with a motorized Da-lite Advantage screen and was pleased on how it performed.

I made the mistake today going to Best Buy looking for a soundbar and started to discuss my plans for the Media room and the acoustic Elite screen. I was told this screen performance was sub-par and I should get a non acoustic Stewart screen. Of course it was 2.5 times the money.

My question is to those who are using the Elite acoustic screen how good or bad is it? And should I consider spending more for a non acoustic Stewart screen?

Thanks
post #2356 of 2369 Old 10-05-2017, 12:37 PM

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankTR View Post
I have been looking at an Elite R135WH1-A1080P screen for a while. I have never see it demo'd. I have an Epson 5010 projector to be used in a new room manly movies so I can get this room dark. In the house I just sold I used the Epson 5010 with a motorized Da-lite Advantage screen and was pleased on how it performed.

I made the mistake today going to Best Buy looking for a soundbar and started to discuss my plans for the Media room and the acoustic Elite screen. I was told this screen performance was sub-par and I should get a non acoustic Stewart screen. Of course it was 2.5 times the money.

My question is to those who are using the Elite acoustic screen how good or bad is it? And should I consider spending more for a non acoustic Stewart screen?

Thanks
I have the Elite ER138WH1W-A1080P3 As long as your getting the 1080P3 screen it's going to look great. Works great with my epson 5040ube. Have had screen samples from every one , the one I liked the best was the seymour screens XD, was a bit brighter/higher gain. I got the Elite screen dented box for 200 from amazon shipped so I can't complain. But even at full price it's a really nice screen. Picture is great. You can't see the weave in it unless your nose is pretty much to the screen. I have installed a bunch of screens and had a few I think you would be perfectly happy with the R135WH1-A1080P3. And 4k on it looks great so don't worie about having to upgrade later for 4k. This screen works great with it.
FrankTR likes this.
post #2357 of 2369 Old 10-05-2017, 01:16 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesVG81 View Post
I have the Elite ER138WH1W-A1080P3 As long as your getting the 1080P3 screen it's going to look great. Works great with my epson 5040ube. Have had screen samples from every one , the one I liked the best was the seymour screens XD, was a bit brighter/higher gain. I got the Elite screen dented box for 200 from amazon shipped so I can't complain. But even at full price it's a really nice screen. Picture is great. You can't see the weave in it unless your nose is pretty much to the screen. I have installed a bunch of screens and had a few I think you would be perfectly happy with the R135WH1-A1080P3. And 4k on it looks great so don't worie about having to upgrade later for 4k. This screen works great with it.
thanks for you comments
post #2358 of 2369 Old 10-13-2017, 12:51 PM
*tl

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKfromLA View Post
I am considering purchasing an elite motorized tabbed screen, but have two questions for you guys...

2) I was looking at the grey material they have which is much improved for when the room isn't completely light controlled. Are there any downsides to this screen in terms of picture quality other than reduced viewing angle? I am thinking having the added flexibility to watch the projector without the lights totally off will be quite nice. However, I want to make sure the picture quality is not sacrificed at all, if comparing the two materials in the ideal light controlled condition...
I am in this exact same boat. My room has 3 french doors that let in a ton of light during the day. Most of my serious viewing will be at night, so exterior light usually won't be a factor, but I'd like to have the flexibility for occasional daylight viewing, even if I can't have optimal PQ without light control.

Any thoughts on going with the Cinegrey in this situation? If it gets me a huge bump in PQ in daylight viewing conditions, that would be worth it for me. OTOH, if it's a small improvement that's offset with extra expense and a more difficult setup, that makes me less inclined to go that direction.

I'll be using an Epson 3100 at about a 12' throw for a 120" screen, so I should have a pretty good amount of light hitting the screen. Viewing angles are small and aren't an issue.
post #2359 of 2369 Old 10-15-2017, 10:20 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
What is difference between Vmax 2 and Spectrum series? Thanks.
post #2360 of 2369 Old 10-16-2017, 09:30 AM
Bass and Hi-Fi Enthusiast

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1563 Post(s)
Liked: 741
Quote:
Originally Posted by nesone1966 View Post
What is difference between Vmax 2 and Spectrum series? Thanks.
I tried to figure this out when I purchased my VMAX 2 and couldn't other than that Spectrum comes in acoustically transparent material. I also use my VMAX 2 with a short throw projector without issue.
nesone1966 likes this.
post #2361 of 2369 Old 10-16-2017, 06:54 PM

Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Can anybody tell me is there any difference in the 2 Acoustic screens being AUHD and 1080P3? Is there any difference in the picture quality?
The AcousticPro UHD says "4K Ultra HD, and HDR Ready" while the 1080P3 says "1080P/4K UHD" does this really matter?

I really want would the prefer the EZ Frame Acoustic screen with the border for bleed off.

Thanks for any input.

VIDEO: Epson 5040UB - Elite Screens 120" 16X9 CineWhite 1.1 Gain - Sony UBP-X800 - Nvidia Shield - HTPC -Xbox One S - URC MX-990
AUDIO: Marantz AV7702mkII - Emotiva XPA-5 Gen2 - Emovita A-500
SPEAKERS: XTZ Cinema Series -M6 L/C/R - S5 Surrounds - S2 (4) Atmos - HSU VTF-3 MK4 - BlueJean Cable Canare 4S11 Cables
http://www.invelos.com/dvdcollection.aspx/Rustolamite
post #2362 of 2369 Old 10-17-2017, 05:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbland View Post
Our story is somewhat similar. It's posted earlier in this thread. We have a Cinetension "scope" electric drop. The Cinewhite material has "V" waves from the bottom of the screen. Elite CS sent us info on several different "fixes" to try. Bottom line is that I was not willing to risk taking the whole thing apart; and from my reading, others had limited success trying to address the issue. Under the circumstances, Elite CS was very helpful and offered a replacement or a price adjustment. Our cathedral ceiling install was difficult and expensive. I did not want to go through it again. So, I elected to live with it. To my surprise, it's not a huge "real world" issue. 90% of the time, the waves are not visible. Only on very brite/white scenes do they show up. If we screen something where they are visible, I manually stretch the screen from middle of the bottom bar. Keeping my fingers only on the black masking material, I work out to the edges. In a minute, the screen will improve until waves disapear. They will return if the screen is retracted then deployed again, but can be manually "adjusted" , if necessary.
Is it a hassle? Yes, but for the few times I have bothered to do it, not a big deal. Most of the time, on most content, the waves are not noticeable. We needed a precise size (125" diagonal) scope screen to fit our set up. Elite was really the only pre-made option that I could find. The Cinewhite material has excellent viewing characteristics. The choice was to pay 5x as much to get a custom made electric drop from someone like DaLite or Stewart, or live with a few waves. Bottom line: I've been happy with our Elite.
YRMV.
Big shout out to Cliffvb
We used Permatex black silicone and tried his recommended screen wave fix.
Worked like a charm! BTW, it's a two person job. You need someone to hold the bottom bar in such a way as to be able two expose the gap between the screen (masking) and the bar, so that you can carefully run the bead of silicone in the gap..
First, I deployed the screen, then carefully stretched it from the center out to both sides to remove the waves (see above). I then cleaned the junction of the bar and the black screen masking, using a Q-tip soaked with denatured alcohol. Then we angled cut the tip of the Permatex to insure a small bead and applied the Permatex to both sides of the screen (back, then front). We worked from the center out to both sides, running a small bead between the bottom bar and the black screen masking. Take your time and try and get an even bead. When we finished, I applied a few small spring clamps to hold the bar against the screen (not sure if this was necessary). We waited for 36 hours for the silicone to cure, then rolled the screen up. When it was rolled down again, NO WAVES It's been a couple of weeks now and so far, so good.
Of course, this procedure will void any warranty, so you may want to try it as a last resort, but it worked for us.
Thanks again Cliff.
post #2363 of 2369 Old 10-17-2017, 06:28 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by citsur86 View Post
I tried to figure this out when I purchased my VMAX 2 and couldn't other than that Spectrum comes in acoustically transparent material. I also use my VMAX 2 with a short throw projector without issue.
Is the screen flat on every corners?
No problems with wrinkles on Vmax2?
Thanks.
System and room are very nice
post #2364 of 2369 Old 10-17-2017, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbland View Post
Big shout out to Cliffvb
We used Permatex black silicone and tried his recommended screen wave fix.
Worked like a charm! BTW, it's a two person job. You need someone to hold the bottom bar in such a way as to be able two expose the gap between the screen (masking) and the bar, so that you can carefully run the bead of silicone in the gap..
First, I deployed the screen, then carefully stretched it from the center out to both sides to remove the waves (see above). I then cleaned the junction of the bar and the black screen masking, using a Q-tip soaked with denatured alcohol. Then we angled cut the tip of the Permatex to insure a small bead and applied the Permatex to both sides of the screen (back, then front). We worked from the center out to both sides, running a small bead between the bottom bar and the black screen masking. Take your time and try and get an even bead. When we finished, I applied a few small spring clamps to hold the bar against the screen (not sure if this was necessary). We waited for 36 hours for the silicone to cure, then rolled the screen up. When it was rolled down again, NO WAVES It's been a couple of weeks now and so far, so good.
Of course, this procedure will void any warranty, so you may want to try it as a last resort, but it worked for us.
Thanks again Cliff.
Hey @humbland , would this work on a VMAX2 electric screen? I've never tried to stretch the screen from the center to the sides - how is this done? Does the screen run into the bottom bar in a way that it is slideable? I would be willing to give this a try. Guessing i should check that i can stretch my screen and that it's effective in removing my small amount of V wave before I buy the Permatex black silicon. Where can I find the original post regarding Cliffvb's recommended screen wave fix?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesone1966 View Post
Is the screen flat on every corners?
No problems with wrinkles on Vmax2?
Thanks.
System and room are very nice
When the projector is not on, room is lit, and screen is down there are VERY slight V shaped ripples in the screen. I went through 3 Elite VMAX2 screens before realizing they will all be this way. If you get one without any waves what-so-ever, you're lucky and they will still eventually form to some extent. Just the world of non-tensioned large screens. However, as soon as lights go off and projector goes on, there isn't a hint of any kind of waves. Looks like a completely flat surface with 0 noticeable effect with 1 exception. Whenever there is a scene where the camera pans a large distance from side to side, (like happens often in Planet Earth), you can see noticeable waves as if the image is ripple in water. The effect is barely ever noticeable and I've probably seen it happen 3 times in the 2 years I've had my screen. I may give the above a shot - but not sure since I almost never see anything but a flat screen in the dark
post #2365 of 2369 Old 10-17-2017, 09:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I'm not familiar with VMAX2 design. Not sure if it will work. Our Cinetension2 Elite screen is a tensioned design. However, my take is that if you can manually stretch the screen to remove the waves, but they then reappear the next time it's rolled down; then the Permatex solution has a good chance to work.
I can not recall where I saw Cliff's original post. However, I PM'd him to get further details (that I posted above).
Good luck.
post #2366 of 2369 Old 10-17-2017, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citsur86 View Post
Hey @humbland , would this work on a VMAX2 electric screen? I've never tried to stretch the screen from the center to the sides - how is this done? Does the screen run into the bottom bar in a way that it is slideable? I would be willing to give this a try. Guessing i should check that i can stretch my screen and that it's effective in removing my small amount of V wave before I buy the Permatex black silicon. Where can I find the original post regarding Cliffvb's recommended screen wave fix?

When the projector is not on, room is lit, and screen is down there are VERY slight V shaped ripples in the screen. I went through 3 Elite VMAX2 screens before realizing they will all be this way. If you get one without any waves what-so-ever, you're lucky and they will still eventually form to some extent. Just the world of non-tensioned large screens. However, as soon as lights go off and projector goes on, there isn't a hint of any kind of waves. Looks like a completely flat surface with 0 noticeable effect with 1 exception. Whenever there is a scene where the camera pans a large distance from side to side, (like happens often in Planet Earth), you can see noticeable waves as if the image is ripple in water. The effect is barely ever noticeable and I've probably seen it happen 3 times in the 2 years I've had my screen. I may give the above a shot - but not sure since I almost never see anything but a flat screen in the dark

I can’t believe that anyone would settle for a less then FLAT screen! That’s the number one function of any projector screen. I have an Elite Saker Tab Tensioned 120” that is being returned because of waves in the screen material. From further investigation I can see that this is a continuing issue with Elite Screens.

Buyer beware: You get what you pay for!

I’ve ordered a Da-Lite Contour Tab Tensioned Electrol.
post #2367 of 2369 Old 10-17-2017, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shermstead View Post
I can’t believe that anyone would settle for a less then FLAT screen! That’s the number one function of any projector screen. I have an Elite Saker Tab Tensioned 120” that is being returned because of waves in the screen material. From further investigation I can see that this is a continuing issue with Elite Screens.

Buyer beware: You get what you pay for!

I’ve ordered a Da-Lite Contour Tab Tensioned Electrol.
Check out the pictures in my signature link - there is really no visible way to see anything other than a flat screen when watching content (other than the panning ripple effect that's very rare). After the third RMA, I gave up. You do get what you pay for.
post #2368 of 2369 Old Yesterday, 04:27 AM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
This is probably a really silly newb question, but what type of projector can you use with the polarised 3d type screens? Can I use a Sony 3d (active 3d) and use it in some passive 3d screen mode?
post #2369 of 2369 Old Yesterday, 08:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 1623 Post(s)
Liked: 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOberhardt View Post
This is probably a really silly newb question, but what type of projector can you use with the polarised 3d type screens? Can I use a Sony 3d (active 3d) and use it in some passive 3d screen mode?
Passive 3D screens retain the polarization (if any) of the projector, and is essential for passive 3D systems. For Active 3D projectors the screen should not be an issue, as long as the 3D glasses are compatible. See the following article for further details:
http://www.projectorreviews.com/home...ection-part-2/
MOberhardt likes this.

JVC DLA-RS400
HCFR v3.4.x Bug List
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Screens

Tags
Projection Screens , Da Lite Screens , Panasonic Et Lae700 Replacement Lamp For Pt Ae700u , Projectors , Elite Screens Inc

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page