The official Elite screen thread. - Page 79 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 45Likes

post #2341 of 2347 Old 08-23-2017, 06:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Is the fabric of Cinegrey 3d and 5d the same color shade? Or is one darker than the other? I like the Black Diamond screen color, but I'm not close to afford it, so was looking for a poor man's BD.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2342 of 2347 Old 09-05-2017, 05:58 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 11
i acquired a brand new 125 electric spectrum elite screen, and am building an outdoor projector area under a deck. I'm considering removing the screen from the metal box that it rolls up into and making a fixed screen because I'm worried the wind will cause the screen to move excessively. anybody ever done that with an electric screen?
post #2343 of 2347 Old 09-09-2017, 06:34 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have the ER120WH1-A1080P3 120" AcousticPro screen

Today I dropped my coffee cup and coffee (with cream) exploded everywhere including unfortunately splashing up onto my screen.

Anyone know if Can these things be cleaned? How?

post #2344 of 2347 Old 09-12-2017, 06:33 AM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodean View Post
I have the ER120WH1-A1080P3 120" AcousticPro screen

Today I dropped my coffee cup and coffee (with cream) exploded everywhere including unfortunately splashing up onto my screen.

Anyone know if Can these things be cleaned? How?
Care for the following Materials (Elite Screen Maintenance Care):

FG, Spectra White FG, AcousticPro UHD
Care for the following Materials:
CineGrey 3D®, CineGrey 5D™, PowerGain and AirBright 3D2
1. Materials needed: 2 Lint-Free white cloths, Mild Soap (hand soap is suitable) and Water.
2. Take the Lint-Free cloth and submerge it in warm water for cleaning light dust and dirt. For stubborn stains or a sticky
surface, a solution of mild dishwashing liquid diluted with warm water should be used.
3. Completely ring out cloth so it is lightly dampened, not drenched.
4. Using the damp cloth, lightly wipe in an up and down motion starting at the left of the screen moving to the right of the
screen.
DO NOT WIPE IN CIRCULAR MOTION.
5. Once you have completed wiping the entire screen with a dampened Lint-Free cloth, use the dry Lint-Free cloth to
wipe off any excess water from the screen.
1. Materials needed: 2 Microfiber cloths and water.
2. Gently blot the area using a lightly dampened lint-free microfiber cloth with clear warm water.
DO NOT
rub.
3. Using the damp cloth, lightly wipe in an up and down motion starting at the left of the screen moving to the right of the
screen.
DO NOT WIPE IN CIRCULAR MOTION.
4. To clean a stubborn stain or a sticky surface, spray a solution of equal parts Formula 409 and warm water onto a
lint-free microfiber cloth.
DO NOT SPRAY THE SCREEN MATERIAL DIRECTLY.
NEVER ALLOW ANY SOLVENTS TO DRY ON THE MATERIALS AS THEY WILL CREATE A STAIN THAT IS NON-
REMOVABLE.
**If Heavily soiled (marked permanently): Unfortunately you may NOT use any solution to clean the surface as it
will damage the screen. If there is a mark, it is permanent.
• You can
NOT
repair a screen if it is torn.
**If heavily soiled (marked permanently): You may use alcohol with a Q-Tip to clean.
1. Dip one side of the Q-Tip in Alcohol
3. Use dry side of Q-Tip to go over mark to dry it.
2. Gently wipe marked spot ONLY.
4. You may wipe over with dry Lint-Free Cloth to finish

Peace and blessings,

Azeke
post #2345 of 2347 Old 09-12-2017, 06:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 1593 Post(s)
Liked: 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by slip023 View Post
Is the fabric of Cinegrey 3d and 5d the same color shade? Or is one darker than the other? I like the Black Diamond screen color, but I'm not close to afford it, so was looking for a poor man's BD.
Not directly answering your question, but I just ordered the CineGrey 3D Design cut and found the screen very dark, even with the projector placed optimally for angular reflection. This is really disappointing given the claimed gain of 1.2. I have attached a picture that shows a white sheet of paper against the CineGrey 3D. I email Elite support and they said
Quote:
I apologize, but there is no flaw on the material. If you feel that the material does not meet your expectations, please contact your dealer to request a return for a refund. All of our stock of the 3D material will be the same.
Quote:
That’s because it is a grey screen. What you placed in the center is a white material. The 3D material is polarized, so naturally it will be darker than any white surface.
Quote:
By brighter we mean more reflective. It does not mean that the image color would be whiter.
Does anyone else have the same issue?
[EDIT: In another post (see link below), people have shown that the CineGrey 5D looks much brighter than a sheet of paper, at least near the centre. This is opposite to what I saw with my CineGrey 3D].
The official Elite screen thread.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CineGrey3D.jpg (181.4 KB, 40 views)

JVC DLA-RS400
HCFR Bug List

Last edited by Dominic Chan; 09-13-2017 at 05:31 AM.
post #2346 of 2347 Old 09-12-2017, 10:26 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azekecse View Post
Care for the following Materials (Elite Screen Maintenance Care):

Peace and blessings,

Azeke
Thank you!
post #2347 of 2347 Old 09-19-2017, 11:59 AM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Does anyone have a review of the 1080P3 material? I am about to purchase but can't seem to find a decent review. I know the P2 had moire issues, is it the same with the P3?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Screens

Tags
Projection Screens , Da Lite Screens , Panasonic Et Lae700 Replacement Lamp For Pt Ae700u , Projectors , Elite Screens Inc

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page