post #271 of 1277 Old 02-05-2007, 01:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by art-yow View Post

I purchased the 1.8 gain grey electric screen. I have my Optoma 6800 ceiling mounted. I find even with the ceiling mount the picture brightness is good when ambient light is off. The blacks are definitely better than a white screen. The problem is that when seated the sparklies are somewhat distracting on bright scenes. They are much less noticeable when you stand up and see the greater gain.

The 1.1 grey screen does not have glass beads so you would not get the sparklies. I have seen some questions on texture issues. I am also looking for some feedback from someone who has one.

Thanks

Art

Is the 1.1 grey screen a darker gray than say a Dalite High Contrast Cinema Vision screen? I wouldn't want it any darker than that screen, as I tested a Carada grey screen and it was way too dark (darker than the HCCV).

Essentially, is it a very dark grey screen or just slightly grey as compared to a white screen?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 1277 Old 02-06-2007, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Are you sure the texture anomality doesn't also exist on the white screen and thus be a problem with elunevision screens altogether?

I can't answer that as I haven't tried the white screen.

Quote:
Is the 1.1 grey screen a darker gray than say a Dalite High Contrast Cinema Vision screen? I wouldn't want it any darker than that screen, as I tested a Carada grey screen and it was way too dark (darker than the HCCV).

As far as how deep the grey is, I haven't seen the other screens you mentioned so I really can't compare. To me, I have no problem seeing that the screen is grey as opposed to white however, I wouldn't say it's dark grey. I would say a shade above a very light grey. I am using an IN72 projector and all I can tell you is the image is still plenty bright and the whites are plenty white. I would imaging if it were too grey brightness would really be cut down and whites would begin to look dirty. Watching film based material on this screen is really a treat to my eyes. Contrast really looks great and black levels on this setup beats the hell out of my Hitachi LCD flat panel I have in my bedroom. The last screen I had before this was a DIY black-out cloth screen I put together myself and I can't imagine that I'd ever go back to that after seeing the contrast and the black levels I'm getting now. I hope some of this info helps.
post #273 of 1277 Old 02-08-2007, 07:18 PM

HEllo,
I have read most of the posts in this thread and i am confused as ever.

Q1) For budget conscious sub $1000 screens how would you rank different screens (elite, draper, mustang, elunevision). I have read elite home series is good and on vmax you can see the cloth texture on some scenes (again this is info off of other posts, i havent seen elite screen). But, elite home series motorized 106/8" diagonal you can get for $575.

At the moment i am confused between elite home series vs elunevision white motorized screen!
Did anyone got to compare the two?

I have a window, which i had nailed with a king size bedsheet, and on top of that nailed in a blackout cloth. Costed $50 or less. But, after 6 months of no light coming in from the only window in the apartment drove wife crazy. Have to get a motorized screen.

Q2) On eastporters web page on top right they have a link to see their ebay ratings. Click on that and it takes you to ebay page where they have 120" 16:9 motorized screens for $29.65, but shipping is $180. The gain listed on those is 1.5. Are these different screens and even if they are different how different are they compared to their 2.4 gain white motorized screens for $499? Did anyone get to compare the two?

Q3) I saw few posts saying there was reflection from beads on gray screen. Did anyone notice that on the white screen?

I have a panasonic pt-ae700 projector and my wall is 15 feet away. I am shooting for 120" motorized screen preferably white with 2.4 gain. Any suggestions which screen to buy.

Thanks in advance for any pointers.
post #274 of 1277 Old 02-08-2007, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkeye View Post

I can't answer that as I haven't tried the white screen.

Slight texture visible on white scenes.

Not distracting to me. YMMV.
post #275 of 1277 Old 02-09-2007, 10:28 AM

I repeat surfmali's question. Why would anybody order from eastporter for 500$ if their ebay auction is for 30-40$ with 180$ shipping.

Thanks,
David
post #276 of 1277 Old 02-10-2007, 08:22 AM

We are selling on ebay to get rid of the old series of our screens, they are not as good quality as the new version EluneVision screens. They do not have trigger and their overall quality, contruction and material is no where near the quality of our new screens. All sales are final on ebay, there are no warranties and no returns. Some of the complaints about the quality of the old screens can be read on the older forum posts.

For anyone wanting to buy, do not confuse the screens on ebay with the screens on eastporters. They are two totally different screens, one is being sold as is, while the other has a warranty and a 30 day money back (including shipping back) guarantee for good reason.
post #277 of 1277 Old 02-12-2007, 10:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
For those that have the Elune Vision Screens, I am wondering if anyone here has the HD Vivid Pro-Cinema Grey Fixed Frame Screen - 1.8 Gain screen? If so can anyone tell me if this screen has the same glass bead reflective material like the optoma gray wolf does?

I am trying to find a higher gain, gray screen, that doesn't have the glass beads and isn't retro reflective.

thanks,
- Josh
post #278 of 1277 Old 02-15-2007, 10:23 PM

I ordered the 120" 1.8 gain gray manual pull down screen. I'll post my impressions when it arrives. I'm hoping not to find any major waves on the screen, but am encouraged by the good return policy if I do.

I'll be projecting a Sanyo Z5 from about 22 feet back, seating distance about 18-20 feet from screen. Viewing cone shouldn't be an issue, and I'm hoping that from that distance I won't see much of the texture/sparklies that people have associated with this screen.
post #279 of 1277 Old 02-20-2007, 05:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Well, I ended up deciding against a screen from Eastporters. I ended up getting a 119" pull down ( black case) Da- Lite High Power screen. I should have it later this week. My only regret is not being able to get a fixed frame screen, but I think in the long run I will be happier. I got a screen sample last week of the HP and it is wonderful. Once I get my HT room painted ( black and gray) is will be pretty kick a$$.
post #280 of 1277 Old 02-23-2007, 10:16 AM

I received my screen today. Or perhaps I should say what's left of a screen. The packaging is incredibly inadequate, and the box was ripped and shredded beyond belief. It had been wrapped in tape, but this did not help. The screen casing is badly bent and scraped up. This is extremely disappointing considering I was charged $59 shipping. A phone call to Eastporters got me a voicemail, so I am waiting to hear back. The box is so badly damaged, I'm not even sure if it could be returned in the same box. I took some pics, and will post when I have time to put them on my computer.

Update:
They'll be sending a new screen. It also turns out I was sent the wrong size screen, I ordered 120", this one appears to be one size smaller. Frustrating, but hopefully the next screen that arrives will be the correct size and undamaged.
LL
LL
LL
post #281 of 1277 Old 02-26-2007, 03:12 PM

how much did the Dalite set you back?

Also, from what I've been told, the new elnuevision screens are the same as the grey wolf
post #282 of 1277 Old 02-27-2007, 02:30 PM

I received a 106" EluneVision High Definition Cinema Grey Motorized Screen from Eastporters. It arrived fairly quickly although barely in decent shape but I tested it and it does work.

However, there is no manual with this thing and I have a couple of questions. I emailed their support but no response yet (I'm disappointed you can't call for support, the phone number tells you to email them)

First, the specs say "automatic drop limit controls to adjust when screen stops" but I see no way to set this. How do I stop it from just dropping all the way until it runs out of material?

Second, when I retract the screen it stops about 3" from fully retracting. Anyone know how it senses when it is retracted and how I can fix this?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Jonathan
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy" - Red Green
post #283 of 1277 Old 02-28-2007, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradsjm View Post

I received a 106" EluneVision High Definition Cinema Grey Motorized Screen from Eastporters. It arrived fairly quickly although barely in decent shape but I tested it and it does work.

However, there is no manual with this thing and I have a couple of questions. I emailed their support but no response yet (I'm disappointed you can't call for support, the phone number tells you to email them)

First, the specs say "automatic drop limit controls to adjust when screen stops" but I see no way to set this. How do I stop it from just dropping all the way until it runs out of material?

Second, when I retract the screen it stops about 3" from fully retracting. Anyone know how it senses when it is retracted and how I can fix this?

You can find an equivalent manual at the following link:

http://www.optoma.ca/PDFs/usermanual...xxxEManual.pdf

Unfortunately it has some errors and ommisions. The correct steps are as follows:

- The diagram shows the middle screw Fasten Screw (F) in the wrong position. It should be below the other screws not above it.
- The screw on the left (LS) is used to adjust the upper limit. This is the screw on the left when facing the screen, do not go by the orientation in the diagram.
- The screw on the right (RS) is used to adjust the lower limit.
- Both LS and RS screws have graduations around the entire screw. This is misleading as the screws will only move between the 10:00 and 2:00 positions.
- The adjustment of the screws is very sensitive. Moving them a couple of milimeters can impact the screen travel.

Adjusting the drop is relatively easy once you know the correct steps.
1. lower the screen to the desired position
2. loosen the the screws (F, FR and RS)
3. turn the RS screw counter clockwise very slowly until you hear a faint click. You only need to turn it a short distance
4. tighten screw F (this step is missing from the manual)
5. check the adjustment by raising and lowering the screen.

- if the drop needs to be re-adjusted loosen screw F and repeat steps 1 -5.
- screw F needs to be tightened each time you test the adjustment otherwise you will loose the setting.
- once complete tighten all screws

Good luck
post #284 of 1277 Old 02-28-2007, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by art-yow View Post

Adjusting the drop is relatively easy once you know the correct steps.
1. lower the screen to the desired position
2. loosen the the screws (F, FR and RS)
3. turn the RS screw counter clockwise very slowly until you hear a faint click. You only need to turn it a short distance
4. tighten screw F (this step is missing from the manual)
5. check the adjustment by raising and lowering the screen.

- if the drop needs to be re-adjusted loosen screw F and repeat steps 1 -5.
- screw F needs to be tightened each time you test the adjustment otherwise you will loose the setting.
- once complete tighten all screws

Good luck

THANK YOU That is exactly what I was looking for and perfect timing too! I knew there should be a way to adjust it but wasn't about to go poking around myself without guidance!

Again, thanks!

Jonathan
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy" - Red Green
post #285 of 1277 Old 03-12-2007, 12:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradsjm View Post

You guys are getting scraps. This company has been driven out of business. Sued and closed. You are getting its remaining inventory. Just look and see how many types of projectors they have now.
post #286 of 1277 Old 03-12-2007, 08:00 PM

We have stopped selling projectors, but we are not going out of business. We did not get sued, the projector manufacturers requested that we stop selling their projectors, and we complied. Furthermore, nobody is getting scraps. All our screens are backed by the 30 day all defect guarantee, if there is a problem, you can return it and you will get all of your money back.

Eastporters.com will continue on as a retailor of EluneVision screens, and will not be going away anytime soon.
post #287 of 1277 Old 03-13-2007, 03:00 AM
AVS Special Member

what about lamps. Will you still carry epson lamps?
post #288 of 1277 Old 03-13-2007, 01:28 PM

We will continue to carry Panasonic, Sanyo and Sharp lamps; we have a few more Epson lamps left and once they are gone we will not be getting any more. You can manually email us if you are interested in purchasing the last few.

Thanks.
post #289 of 1277 Old 03-14-2007, 10:46 PM

Why has Eastporters stopped selling moterized screens to the US?
Is there anyway arround this Enbargo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastporters View Post

We will continue to carry Panasonic, Sanyo and Sharp lamps; we have a few more Epson lamps left and once they are gone we will not be getting any more. You can manually email us if you are interested in purchasing the last few.

Thanks.

post #290 of 1277 Old 03-16-2007, 04:09 PM

I was concerned about the negative posting earlier this week. After following up with Eastporters, I can attest that my experience with them continues to be very positive.

I had ordered a screen that did not fit my needs and was looking to return it. Eastporters promptly returned my full purchase price without issue. I consider them a company of high integrity and would not hesitate to purchase from Eastporters in the future.

Arthur Skuja
Ottawa
post #291 of 1277 Old 08-12-2007, 06:50 PM

Is this thread dead, it was an informative read but there have been no additions for many months.
post #292 of 1277 Old 10-08-2007, 06:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 20
I have an Optoma HD72 ceiling mounted. The room is painted white with dark furnishings. I have a blind and vertical drapes over the window and therefore can darken the room fairly well during the day. We often want some low ambient light when playing video games but usually turn off all the lights for movie watching.

I am trying to decide between the 120" EluneVision High Definition Cinema Grey Motorized Screen - 16:9 and the 120" EluneVision High Definition Vivid Pro Cinema Grey Motorized Screen - 16:9 screens. I assume they are the same except for the screen material.

My concern would be any visible texture or grainyness in either of these materials. I understand the Vivid Pro Cinema is embedded with glass beads and is therefore retro-reflective. My main concern would be sparkly beads visible in the image.

So I am looking for feedback from people with projectors that have similar brightness, are ceiling mounted, and the screen is either the Cinema Gray or the Vivid Pro Cinema Gray material.
post #293 of 1277 Old 10-08-2007, 01:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Actually I would just be happy to know if anyone has observed sparklies or a grainy image in the EluneVision High Definition Vivid Pro Cinema Grey?
post #294 of 1277 Old 10-09-2007, 06:12 AM

[quote=tiddler;11844116]
I am trying to decide between the 120" EluneVision High Definition Cinema Grey Motorized Screen - 16:9 and the 120" EluneVision High Definition Vivid Pro Cinema Grey Motorized Screen - 16:9 screens. I assume they are the same except for the screen material.

My concern would be any visible texture or grainyness in either of these materials. I understand the Vivid Pro Cinema is embedded with glass beads and is therefore retro-reflective. My main concern would be sparkly beads visible in the image.

QUOTE]

The Elunevision Vivid Pro and Grey Wolf screens are the same screens, both with glass beads to improve brightness. Much better price on the Elunevision. Chances are you will get the occasional sparly bead, it would be on a hit or miss basis. I found that sitting in front the image quality was very good, off to the side it become noticably darker especially with ambient light.

The Cinema Grey does not have the glass beads so that is not an issue. You can check the texture by showing material with a solid color on the screen.

Art
post #295 of 1277 Old 10-10-2007, 06:43 PM
AVS Special Member

I ordered an EluneVision 106" HD Cinema Gray motorized screen today. I compared the specs to the Da-Lite High Contrast Matte White. They are both 1.1 Gain with similar viewing cones. I will report on my impressions as soon as we get a chance to try it out.
post #296 of 1277 Old 10-10-2007, 08:07 PM

Please do, I am thinking about getting a screen from them. It seems to be a qulity screen from this thread. would like to see pics of when it comes in.
post #297 of 1277 Old 10-11-2007, 06:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Given the length of this thread on "EluneVision" screens and the fact that the screens have changed significantly since this thread started, I was thinking I should start a new thread for the "EluneVision HD Cinema Screens". This would cover the fixed frame Elara HD Cinema White/Grey Screens and the motorized Luna HD Cinema Grey screens offered on the website. These are the EluneVision screens that do not have glass beads embedded in them. They consist of a white or grey base layer with a reflective coating over it.

Those interested in the glass bead screens could start a thread called "EluneVision HD Vivid Pro-Cinema Screens". I think this would make the EluneVision threads less confusing. What do you folks think?
post #298 of 1277 Old 10-11-2007, 08:37 AM

sound good to me.
post #299 of 1277 Old 10-12-2007, 09:14 AM
AVS Special Member

I ordered the EluneVision 106" HD Cinema Gray motorized screen on Wednesday afternoon.

My wife just called to tell me they delivered it this morning. That's pretty quick service.Eh!

Mind you they are in Toronto and I am in Ottawa so it should be quick.
post #300 of 1277 Old 10-12-2007, 04:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Well I have run into a little snag. The screen has an IR remote. The sensor is mounted on the case. I am going to mount the screen inside a valance which will cover the sensor. I would have thought they would put the sensor or a second sensor on the switch box which of course would be out in the open.

Now I have to decide if the remote matters to me or do I drill a hole in my valance. The screen has a 12v trigger but that means I would have to turn the projector off just to raise the screen to get at my equipment. That will not be ver good either. If the switch still works with the 12v trigger setup that would be ok but I doubt it.

The documentation is a couple of photo copied sheets.
Reply Screens

Tags
Projection Screens , Epson , Epson Emp Tw600 Replacement Projector Lamp Elplp35 V13h010l35
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page