Forum Jump: 

post #391 of 1296 Old 11-06-2009, 03:42 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdog_2005 View Post

Well i order a 120" 1.2gain white fixed screen from eastporters on Friday and i received it yesterday. 3 days for shipping, quick shipping all the way across the country. The box was packaged really good if the shipping companys managed to damage the box then they are totaly careless, this was well packaged. I put it together in 45minutes, went together easy for me at least. I have her hung up on the wall and looks great, now for the test tonight to see how it works

tdog, any updates on this? I am thinking of buying 2.4 gain screen from eastporters.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #392 of 1296 Old 11-06-2009, 08:16 AM

The screen frame is built of very good quality it is also wrapped in velvet, looks really good on the wall, it was nice touch for my theater, it looks so much better then my pull down, also no more waves now I have went from a 100" screen to 120" it sure makes a difference that extra 20", if you have the space go bigger from the start, i wish i would of, it gives me a more wow factor now, more theater like to me. There is a slight texture on the screen which doesn't bother me i am also sitting really close, about 11 feet away. As for the quality of my picture i cant tell the difference in picture quality from my last screen, i haven't even noticed a drop in brightness from going to 120" it is still just as bright, my old screen i believe had no gain on the old screen, but is nice having a perfectly flat picture, my other 2 screens have been pull down. In all i recommend the fixed screen that i purchased, it was inexpensive upgrade to my theater.

Koolit, i don't know what the material is like on the 2.4gain screens, from what i have read they have alot of texture, do you need a screen with that much gain ? , no light control?
post #393 of 1296 Old 11-07-2009, 06:25 AM

tdog, no I don't need high power, but I was thinking of using my room as HT/Family room. It is in the basement and light controled. So, it would be nice to have a screen that I can use with some ambient light. However, with your feedback, I may decide to go with 1.2 gain white screen and have the walls and ceiling with darker colors near the screen. Thanks.

I was wondering if I would see any hot spots with 2.4 gain screen... HD20 -ceiling mounted, viewing distance from 11 - 16 feet.
post #394 of 1296 Old 11-27-2009, 10:22 AM

While looking for a replacement for my aging manual 106" Graywolf, I kept coming back to Eastporters and their EluneVision fixed frame screens based on the simple price/performance formula.

Well, I finally pulled the trigger only to find out they are out of stock on the 120" 1.2 gain whites. Thankfully, it looks as though there are some more coming in within a week or two.

The screen will be used with an Epson HC 1080P (TW1000) ceiling mounted approximately 12.5 feet away in a fully light controlled room.

I will post comments, pictures and opinions once I get it installed.

Them: I could hardly tell the difference between HiDef and standard definition on my 27" LCD...
Me: Hmmmmm, wonder why that is... (sarcasm)
post #395 of 1296 Old 12-18-2009, 08:16 AM

guys I am so new I am purchasing a optima hd 20 and will put it my basment as it is being finished right now, I have no clue what screen to buy I want a 106 inch please help the newbie
post #396 of 1296 Old 12-20-2009, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murilo View Post

Just to update this. I just spoke to one of the eastporters members. He mentioned to me they are begining to get new screens. These new ones will be a bit more expensive. But will be tab tensioned. He said he got a sample of the material yesterday and its way better.

He mentioned its silver? But only a 1.4 gain, but said its brighter then my current 2.4, and its angular reflective, not retroreflective.

Im going to try to see if i can get more info on it. They were very helpful.

Any more info yet? Alittle curious, may be the perfect screen, didn't like the hp from dalight.
post #397 of 1296 Old 02-15-2010, 08:19 PM

bump
post #398 of 1296 Old 02-19-2010, 02:02 PM

any new EluneVision Elara II Silver screen user? its cost $600 for a 120", is it good?
post #399 of 1296 Old 05-03-2010, 11:57 AM

Any review of the new EluneVision Elara II Perlux Silver screen?

eastporters.com/estore/cart.php?target=category&category_id=41
post #400 of 1296 Old 05-05-2010, 10:11 AM

Someone please post a review. Would love to know more about this screen.
post #401 of 1296 Old 05-27-2010, 10:13 AM
Just add water and stir

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhatboyC View Post

Any review of the new EluneVision Elara II Perlux Silver screen?

eastporters.com/estore/cart.php?target=category&category_id=41

I just bought this screen, 106", it will arrive in three to four days. I will be sure to post my opinions on it soon.
post #402 of 1296 Old 05-29-2010, 02:53 PM

Thats great, Please let us now what the screen is like. What Projector are you using?
post #403 of 1296 Old 06-01-2010, 12:10 PM
Just add water and stir

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnifehr View Post

Thats great, Please let us now what the screen is like. What Projector are you using?

It arrived this morning, as I was quoted. The packaging took a serious looking scuff upon arrival. When I opened it up to inspect it was like Fort Knox!!! Serious protective design at work here, great packing!!!

I am using an Epson 8100, 1080p with PS3 as Blu-ray player, and a Denon 2308ci as my receiver.

I expect to have it put together tomorrow, I just have no time today. I wonder if I'll sleep tonight, or sneak downstairs and do it then???
post #404 of 1296 Old 06-01-2010, 08:03 PM

What screen were you using before this so I know what you are comparing it to.
post #405 of 1296 Old 06-01-2010, 09:45 PM
Just add water and stir

Quote:

What screen were you using before this so I know what you are comparing it to.

A white flat paint on drywall...basically, sh*t.

I never stood a chance, I put it together tonight before bedtime. We invited over our neighbors and all we could say was "Whoa!!! That's sharp!" I found the colours much more alive, and as for contrast I noticed an improvement right away, but more tweaking of the projector is required before a fair evaluation can continue.

All in all, materials were top notch. Extremely well packaged. Set up took 2 hours, (but I was paranoid of wreaking something). I'd buy it again. And all my first impressions were exciting and fun. I would recommend it.

I will update again after some callibrating, and as I gather opinions from other projector owners I know after they come over.
post #406 of 1296 Old 06-02-2010, 09:03 AM
MJ1

thanks! appreciate your response. mine is still in transit. since this is a new matrial and i paid so much, i was bit worried whether i should have got the usual white screen or this one.

Can you comment on the viewing angle? Do you see a drop in brightness if you are moving from centre of the screen to the side?
post #407 of 1296 Old 06-02-2010, 01:57 PM
Just add water and stir

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1 View Post

thanks! appreciate your response. mine is still in transit. since this is a new matrial and i paid so much, i was bit worried whether i should have got the usual white screen or this one.

Can you comment on the viewing angle? Do you see a drop in brightness if you are moving from centre of the screen to the side?

Not noticeable. It's fantastic. Looks great today too! Inital impression stands.

NOTE: The screen arrives smelling like chemicals, so open a window, and ventilate. Maybe get a fan...new car, new screen smell...personally I love it.
post #408 of 1296 Old 06-02-2010, 05:07 PM
MJ1

cool. thanks..looking forward to mine
post #409 of 1296 Old 06-02-2010, 07:02 PM
Just add water and stir

Quote:

cool. thanks..looking forward to mine

I should mention I found the online instructions much MUCH more useful than those that came with it. Review them, it made it much easier. As well do it in an area with LOTS of extra space! I lay plastic sheets down and then did it in my larger family room. It goes much smoother with two people. And give yourself at least two hours.

Enjoy! I couldn't wait to get home today!!! So great! I will run DVE Basics tonight and work up my grey scale.
post #410 of 1296 Old 06-03-2010, 06:42 AM
MJ1

thanks. This is my second screen from them. I bought one couple years ago, it was 106" white screen. I moved my projector to a bigger room that can accomdate a larger screen size. This is a new material they have so i was bit worried if i made the right decision.
post #411 of 1296 Old 06-03-2010, 08:11 PM
Just add water and stir

Quote:

thanks. This is my second screen from them. I bought one couple years ago, it was 106" white screen. I moved my projector to a bigger room that can accomdate a larger screen size. This is a new material they have so i was bit worried if i made the right decision.

How big is the new screen?
post #412 of 1296 Old 06-04-2010, 09:12 AM
MJ1

new screen will be 145" wide, 2:35 ratio. I mostly use it for movies so i didn't really want to go with 16:9 plus i couldn't fit that big of a 16:9 screen in that room
post #413 of 1296 Old 06-04-2010, 12:36 PM

Thanks for the comments zuluwalker.

What color is this screen? Is the material smooth? Any pics?
post #414 of 1296 Old 06-04-2010, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuluwalker View Post

A white flat paint on drywall...basically, sh*t.

I never stood a chance, I put it together tonight before bedtime. We invited over our neighbors and all we could say was "Whoa!!! That's sharp!" I found the colours much more alive, and as for contrast I noticed an improvement right away, but more tweaking of the projector is required before a fair evaluation can continue.

All in all, materials were top notch. Extremely well packaged. Set up took 2 hours, (but I was paranoid of wreaking something). I'd buy it again. And all my first impressions were exciting and fun. I would recommend it.

I will update again after some callibrating, and as I gather opinions from other projector owners I know after they come over.

Did you notice a brighter picture too? or just punchier since contrast is improved.
post #415 of 1296 Old 06-05-2010, 11:19 AM

I'm also looking at this Silver Perlux screen to go with my HC6800. My only hesitation is whether or not the screen has noticeable texture when viewing things like hockey.
Any thoughts?
post #416 of 1296 Old 06-05-2010, 06:41 PM
Just add water and stir

Quote:

Thanks for the comments zuluwalker.

What color is this screen? Is the material smooth? Any pics?

The material is slight silver colour which I mistook to be white in day light. It is smooth to the touch, but upon very close inspection (12-18" away) and under bright light you can see the texture. I sit in the front row at 12' away, and 16 1/2 feet away in back row. I do not notice texture, but twice I convinced myself I did, how ever when I backed up the scene again on the blu-ray I could not reproduce the effect or feeling (two different blu-rays). I am not sure I am not just paranoid.
I am planning to post pics here right away tonight.
post #417 of 1296 Old 06-05-2010, 06:55 PM
Just add water and stir

Quote:

Did you notice a brighter picture too? or just punchier since contrast is improved.

I have two photos of the same scene from Avatar. I know some people hate this movie, but it is the only example I have of before the screen and after the screen, in the same environment.

I am also posting several screen shots of the test pattern to show what a bright solid screen looks like, and if any trace of texture is visable.

I believe Hockey is a pure thing, being a Canadian. That being said at tonight I was unable to even find a highlight to put up and take a photo of...sorry.

I won't lie to you, if you are going to watch movies with snowy blizzards, tv shows with blinding white scenes, and pause your hockey game and then zoom in on the ice, I doubt you will not find the features and texture you are looking for. That being said, not I, nor any of my guests have noticed any content we have watched in over a week of heavy viewing to show any trace of screen texture. I am happy. Other than the two times I mentioned that I thought I saw texture, I have not been able to reproduce the effect. IF I stand close to the screen, like say 6 feet to 8 feet close and can see the whole screen in my eye and I watch intently I do see smear that may be texture. I am not sure this is not something that you would not also find in say a perforated screen. When I sit back at my two seating arrangements, life is good...VERY GOOD!!!!

And if in the end you hate me and call me a liar, return it and use the 30 day money back guarentee. I would consider myself having made a big mistake if I returned it. This screen delievers huge POP, great realistic colours with even crappy content, I love it, my wife loves it, my nerd brother loves it, and five of my friends have their jaws drop and eyes pop out.

I love IT!!!

I will post pics tonight.
post #418 of 1296 Old 06-05-2010, 07:21 PM
Just add water and stir

first pic Avatar no screen just the wall:

Same scene with Screen:

Bridge scene with Screen:

Test Patterns with Screen:

post #419 of 1296 Old 06-07-2010, 05:44 AM

Thank you very much for these! This will be the screen I'm going with in the fall then.

I don't want to be to demanding but if you ever have a daylight pic, close up of the screen with nothing on. Just curious as to this silver color. Sounds like it is very pale from your description.
post #420 of 1296 Old 06-08-2010, 02:32 PM
Just add water and stir

Quote:

Thank you very much for these! This will be the screen I'm going with in the fall then.

I don't want to be to demanding but if you ever have a daylight pic, close up of the screen with nothing on. Just curious as to this silver color. Sounds like it is very pale from your description.

If you think "okay it's silver" then you see it. If you think "Is that white?" then it gets hard to tell. Like you said though a daylight shot would be ideal to way to determine the colour. I would have a lot of work to make that happen, such as taking it to another room...so sorry. I guess could try lighting the room with a halogen work light? Give me some time to work on this one for you.

I do love this screen!!!

I have seen Independence Day like a bazillion times, today I watched it on the screen (and really I should say at a size bigger than 40") and I was blown away by the details and stuff I was missing before!!! The disc was Blu-ray, and wow-eeeeeeee!!!!
Reply Screens

Tags
Projection Screens , Epson , Epson Emp Tw600 Replacement Projector Lamp Elplp35 V13h010l35
Gear in this thread - Tw600 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page