EluneVision screens - Page 24 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #691 of 1277 Old 07-15-2011, 11:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just to answer my own post. Dave allowed me to see the Elunevision Reference 100 screen with a Grey (or 80) Reference screen sample superimposed. The projector used was the Epson 8350. The black levels are dramatically improved over the standard reference screen with ambient light exposure as can be seen with the first too pictures. Keep in mind that the pictures were taken with an iphone 4. The third picture is with no ambient light. I could not observe any texturing in the Grey screen sample. Color shift is present to a very small extent with the Grey material as can be seen in the 4th picture, again though with some ambient light.

The pictures are obviously of very poor quality but they do illustrate the increase in contrast very well.
LL
LL
LL
LL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #692 of 1277 Old 07-17-2011, 09:55 PM

I ordered a 120" Elara HD Fixed Frame Screen and got it all set up. There are creases in the screen however from how it was rolled during shipping.

I was instructed to tension it some more but I have done that and it has been over two weeks since I re-tensioned it and he creases are still there. I emailed Eastporters again about it but haven't heard back. Any suggestions as to what else I can do to try to get the creases out?

You don't notice it on dark scenes but on light scenes they are noticeable.

Thanks.

post #693 of 1277 Old 07-18-2011, 05:07 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakkb View Post

I ordered a 120" Elara HD Fixed Frame Screen and got it all set up. There are creases in the screen however from how it was rolled during shipping.

I was instructed to tension it some more but I have done that and it has been over two weeks since I re-tensioned it and he creases are still there. I emailed Eastporters again about it but haven't heard back. Any suggestions as to what else I can do to try to get the creases out?

Thanks.

This is so why you have to look not just at price or how a great a screen is, but what is the companies RMA policy...
Sure hope you get a replacement first then ship the defective second and not the other way around....
post #694 of 1277 Old 07-18-2011, 07:39 AM

Quote:

Thanks.

Seems pretty standard except for their response time. With wrinkles, you should give that a shot before you send it back, most manufacturers will recommend you try this. It is kind of weird though that they have not responded the second time. Maybe they dropped the ball, give them another shot and see what happens.

Benito
post #695 of 1277 Old 07-18-2011, 02:30 PM

Liked: 12
Hi Jakkb

Sorry for the week delay in getting back to you. We just moved to a new larger location (5000SQ from 2000SQ) and in the transition we didn't have internet for a bit and the whole move was a bit hectic. I already emailed you and your replacement material will be sent tomorrow. Again sorry for the delay in response, it doesn't usually happen with us.

In response to fraisa:

We care about customer service, doesn't matter if it is a cheap manual or a our Reference series. We have stood by our principles from day one and never wavered. This very thread validates our customer services since 2006. There are plenty of customers that will easily attest to that. Before you start making generic comments please be sensitive.

Thanks
Dave Hao
EluneVision Screens
post #696 of 1277 Old 07-18-2011, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveHao View Post

Hi Jakkb

Sorry for the week delay in getting back to you. We just moved to a new larger location (5000SQ from 2000SQ) and in the transition we didn't have internet for a bit and the whole move was a bit hectic. I already emailed you and your replacement material will be sent tomorrow. Again sorry for the delay in response, it doesn't usually happen with us.

In response to fraisa:

We care about customer service, doesn't matter if it is a cheap manual or a our Reference series. We have stood by our principles from day one and never wavered. This very thread validates our customer services since 2006. There are plenty of customers that will easily attest to that. Before you start making generic comments please be sensitive.

Thanks
Dave Hao
EluneVision Screens

Wasnt making any comments about your screen just asked what the RMA policy was from Elunevision vs other Mfg.
Some have a policy where you have to send the defective material back and then you get the replacement resulting down time..
There is some who all they look at is price and dont consider what the RMA policy is from Any MFG.
Glad to see your response and hope all turns out for the good
post #697 of 1277 Old 07-19-2011, 06:41 AM

Quote:

Hi Jakkb

In response to fraisa:

Thanks
Dave Hao
EluneVision Screens

Yes I received the email. Thank you.

One big reason I chose to buy an EluneVision screen was because of all the positive feedback in this thread.

post #698 of 1277 Old 07-19-2011, 06:50 AM

Hi fraisa

No problem, I understand, . Our policy is actually pretty simple, we typically never ask the customer to ship us back the product first, we always ship first. Typically we just require a photo of the damage that's it. And it doesn't matter which screen people get, it is always the same.

Thanks
Dave
post #699 of 1277 Old 07-19-2011, 07:20 PM

Quote:

Hi fraisa

No problem, I understand, . Our policy is actually pretty simple, we typically never ask the customer to ship us back the product first, we always ship first. Typically we just require a photo of the damage that's it. And it doesn't matter which screen people get, it is always the same.

Thanks
Dave

Thats Really Good To Know....
Thats Awesome...
post #700 of 1277 Old 07-20-2011, 07:01 AM
Advanced Member

Can anyone comment on the Titan Tab Tensioned model? Trying to decide between it and Monoprice/Grandview tab tentioned. Just looking for some general opinions. Reference series is beyond my budget as I'm going with a 120".
post #701 of 1277 Old 07-27-2011, 02:54 PM

Quote:

Hi Jakkb

Thanks
Dave Hao
EluneVision Screens

I received the new screen and got it set up. I have tested it with one movie and it is a definite improvement. Thank you again.

post #702 of 1277 Old 07-28-2011, 05:14 PM
Just add water and stir

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 461
Quote:

I received the new screen and got it set up. I have tested it with one movie and it is a definite improvement. Thank you again.

Ready to show it off? LOL
post #703 of 1277 Old 08-08-2011, 09:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by temeone View Post

Can anyone comment on the Titan Tab Tensioned model? Trying to decide between it and Monoprice/Grandview tab tentioned. Just looking for some general opinions. Reference series is beyond my budget as I'm going with a 120".

Hey, me too! I just noticed the Titan... Is this a new model? I thought the only tab-tensioned was the reference 9a bit out of my budget).

Do they make the Tian in cinemascope format?

post #704 of 1277 Old 08-12-2011, 10:10 AM
AVS Special Member

..tumbleweed goes by...

Do EluneVision screens come in 2.39:1 format?

post #705 of 1277 Old 08-12-2011, 03:13 PM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by psgcdn View Post
Hey, me too! I just noticed the Titan... Is this a new model? I thought the only tab-tensioned was the reference 9a bit out of my budget).

Do they make the Tian in cinemascope format?
At the end of the day Reference becomes the better buy when you factor in that it has premium material which has much better color accuracy, as well as basically no texturing (meaning you will make full use out of your 1080p projector with a Reference screen, while you won't with a non-reference screen since the non-ideal textured materials blur the image a bit and cause pixel degradation and artifacting). Further, if in 5-10 years, you decide to purchase a projector which will be 4000 x 2000 resolution or higher by that time, you won't have to purchase another screen, because a screen with basically no texturing can accept infinite resolution, while ones that have texturing do not even display 1080p images perfectly, let alone something higher. The question is: will you be upgrading your projector in a few years - my personal opinion is that it is sort of like asking yourself whether you use a CRT tube monitor for your computer, or if you are using an LCD screen. If you do plan on upgrading (eventually down the road) the Reference screen is the much better buy - much better performance now and usability with future projectors.

As far as 2.35 aspect ratio screen, you can go to eastporters.com and fill in the contact us form with the exact size and aspect ratio you want. It won't be in stock because not too many people still buy 2.35 aspect ratio screens (especially when you look at the non-high end), but it would still arrive to you within a few weeks from order date.

Thanks,
Milosh
post #706 of 1277 Old 08-12-2011, 04:01 PM
AVS Special Member

That's great advice, thanks. I have sent them a message detailing my situation ans will wait for a quote.

post #707 of 1277 Old 08-12-2011, 10:15 PM

Hello
I just finished my move and after reading all the good feedback, I am considering buying a Elunevision screen.
For now my Panasonic PT AE4000 is projecting against a white wall.
Throwing / Seating distance is ± 13 Ft. Screen size ±106.

It is ceilling mounted in our living room with white walls and some ambient light. I use it mostly to watch blu ray at night but I'd like to be able to plays PS3 during the day (for now it is barely possible on dynamic mode)

Based on my small knowledge, the Vivid Pro cinema gray seems to be the one for the job. But apparently I can't have it with tab tensions system

I'd like to know if you think it is the right choice too. And does Elunevision send sample ? I didn't see a lot of reviews of the 1.8 Gray Vivid

Thanks in advance for your help.
post #708 of 1277 Old 08-13-2011, 06:10 AM

I would go with the Vivid Pro Cinema Gray 1.8 because it would help further with the ambient light and give a further black level boost. You'll never get same performance in ambient light as in a dark environment, but it will be a definite improvement.

You can fill out the "Contact Us" form if you need any custom/special screens. Eastporters can get you pretty much anything you can imagine as a custom build, you just have to specify what you would like. The only reason the Titan is available in stock with a 1.2 gain material is because the 1.2 gain is by far the most popular choice (most people use their projection systems in low to no ambient light environments).

Thanks,
Milosh
post #709 of 1277 Old 08-25-2011, 07:08 PM

I recently picked up an Optoma HD72, and am looking for a screen. I am trying to decide between the pro cinema white 1.2 (92" or 106")and the cinema grey 1.1 (92").
It is set up in the basement, mostly light controlled with some ambient light, but usually very little. Seating is 12-13ft from screen.
Any advice on which would be the better choice would be greatly appreciated.
post #710 of 1277 Old 08-26-2011, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danrl88 View Post

I recently picked up an Optoma HD72, and am looking for a screen. I am trying to decide between the pro cinema white 1.2 (92" or 106")and the cinema grey 1.1 (92").
It is set up in the basement, mostly light controlled with some ambient light, but usually very little. Seating is 12-13ft from screen.
Any advice on which would be the better choice would be greatly appreciated.

Given the projector you have, regardless of low or no ambient light, I would go for the gray screen, as it would help with the black levels, given that your projector's contrast levels.

Milosh
post #711 of 1277 Old 08-29-2011, 09:29 PM

Frame is aluminum with a black matte finish granules. Very resistant, seamless fit together. I have moved numerous times due to frame my basement to get finished and has maintained its integrity. The display is connected to the frame with metal hooks that slide into a wood on all sides of the frame. Metal rods inserted through the ends of the screen on all four sides.
post #712 of 1277 Old 09-02-2011, 11:10 AM

I am sure a lot of people would say why this guy wants such a cheap screen for 8500UB. Reason being that I keep relocating in 6/12 months and may not always be able to re-use same screen.

I did a lot of research when purchasing 8500UB. I fortunately had white walls, so never bought a screen. But recently moved to an apartment with coffe-colored walls. and white ceiling. So time to purchase a screen. I started doing research for screens, but far too much work, when I only want to spend < $250.

I have not done any detailed calculations. Room is approx 15'x15'. PJ is at 13' approx. 2/3 viewers typically, at approx 10-12'. I just measured 16:9 image size that i typically use for movies. It is 110" wide, so approx 120" diagonal.

Source materials will be - Sony/Panny BD player (70%) and Patriot Box media player (25%). And HDMI-connected laptop at times (5%).

So let me say what I know so far, my preferences and what help I need.
What I come to know...
- Though 8500UB has excellent blacks, Gray screen is still better, as my room can't be completely darkened in daytime.
- Screens come fixed/pull-down/pull-up - I prefer pull down, as PJ is in my living room.
- manual/electric - preferably manual. i don't mind so I save some here. And to keep it simple.
- tensioned/non-tensioned - would prefer tensioned, based on creasing/waves issues I am reading.
- white/gray (with specified gain factor) - gray, as my rooms are not completely darkened during daytime (weekend watching).
- Screen size - I would prefer screen to be 120" diag.

Brands - I saw Mustang, Elite and EluneVision within my price range of $250.

Question is, which Elite screen to use that fit my budget? Or any other brands/suggestions please..

I know many experts who would offer to help, may call me ignorant or just plain simple, but i really want simple recommendations... so please consider that..
post #713 of 1277 Old 09-04-2011, 06:18 AM

rajdori, you won't find a Tab-Tensioned screen for your budget, but you can get an EluneVision manual 2.4 gain for well within that budget. Because you are in a living room, I feel that ambient light rejection is more important than simply making the screen gray.

If you have any questions, feel free to send me a pm.

Milosh
post #714 of 1277 Old 09-04-2011, 06:15 PM

Hi I recently moved to a main floor house and am in search of a new projector screen. My old one was a random brand called Focus Vue and just basic matte white which was ok when I lived in a basement. I am mainly interested in the fixed-frame screens offered by Elunevisions on Eastporters website. The room walls are a light-medium coloured mocha, white ceilings, and there is obviously ambient light that I can control for the most part but I prefer to have some ambient light present during projector use so currently the main window in the living room has white curtains which allows light to shine somewhat through. Anyway my projector is an Optoma HD80 1080P and I am looking at either an 84" or 92" fixed frame screen. I need helping deciding which screen is best for my needs... I was thinking one of the grey screens. Thanks, Josh

Vivid Pro-Cinema White - 2.4 Gain?
Pro-Cinema Grey - 1.1 Gain?
Vivid Pro-Cinema Grey - 1.8 Gain?
post #715 of 1277 Old 09-05-2011, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua17 View Post

Hi I recently moved to a main floor house and am in search of a new projector screen. My old one was a random brand called Focus Vue and just basic matte white which was ok when I lived in a basement. I am mainly interested in the fixed-frame screens offered by Elunevisions on Eastporters website. The room walls are a light-medium coloured mocha, white ceilings, and there is obviously ambient light that I can control for the most part but I prefer to have some ambient light present during projector use so currently the main window in the living room has white curtains which allows light to shine somewhat through. Anyway my projector is an Optoma HD80 1080P and I am looking at either an 84" or 92" fixed frame screen. I need helping deciding which screen is best for my needs... I was thinking one of the grey screens. Thanks, Josh

Vivid Pro-Cinema White - 2.4 Gain?
Pro-Cinema Grey - 1.1 Gain?
Vivid Pro-Cinema Grey - 1.8 Gain?

Since you prefer to have some ambient light, I would go with the 1.8 gain gray or 2.4 gain white screen if you're going with 92" or higher - the 1.8 will give you slightly better blacks. If you go with the 84" screen, given your projector lumen output and the size of the screen, you can go with the 1.1 gain gray or upgrade to the Elara II Perlux-Silver 1.4 without any problems.

Thanks

Milosh
post #716 of 1277 Old 09-05-2011, 10:11 AM

Thanks, is it possible to get the 1.8 gray in 84" I noticed eastporters doesn't have that available.
post #717 of 1277 Old 09-05-2011, 11:34 AM

Due to the smaller size, we don't carry it in the 1.8 or 2.4 varieties, we made the high-gain screen cutoff at 92" and above, since most projectors should be fine at 84" with the lower gain varieties.

There is also the 84" 1.4 Perlux-Silver available as well.

Thanks,

Milosh
post #718 of 1277 Old 10-12-2011, 07:15 AM

Hi all

Just a quick announcement, The new EluneVision Acoustic Weave screens will be out in about 4-5 weeks. The screens will be available in Fixed Frame and Tab Tension motorized format. The Fixed Frames will have the same 5" border as our Reference series. The material used is a very fine weave with virtually no attenuation. There will also be no comb filtering effects. The weave will have a 15 degree shift to eliminate moire.
post #719 of 1277 Old 10-13-2011, 03:51 PM
AVS Special Member

i think i am going to buy a epson 8350
what do u guys recommend as far as screen?
non dedicated HT room what some light coming in

thanks
post #720 of 1277 Old 10-14-2011, 10:00 AM

what screen would you recommend for the epson 8350, 20' throw to 120" screen? will mostly view at night, but still have large windows without covering.

Cinema Gray 1.1 Gain
Perlux-Silver 1.4 Gain
Vivid-Pro Cinema Gray 1.8 Gain

I don't want to deal with an overly sparkly image, but I also don't want dim whites. I'm leaning towards the Perlux-Silver 1.4.

I'm tempted to go Cinema Gray 1.1, but worried that the image won't be bright enough given the throw distance and image size.

Thoughts?
Reply Screens

Tags
Projection Screens , Epson , Epson Emp Tw600 Replacement Projector Lamp Elplp35 V13h010l35
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page