Forum Jump: 

post #871 of 1277 Old 03-10-2012, 09:09 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:

Well what do you know. I had time and could not help myself haha

Wow! Room is looking very professional and wonderful! Would love to see some different photos and angles once all the toys are plugged in and the furniture arrives

Milosh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #872 of 1277 Old 03-10-2012, 11:04 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by miloshj View Post

Wow! Room is looking very professional and wonderful! Would love to see some different photos and angles once all the toys are plugged in and the furniture arrives

Milosh

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/gal...p?member=tomek

Just go here every now and then.
Blue Rain likes this.
post #873 of 1277 Old 03-13-2012, 07:22 PM

Liked: 10
It took a few weeks but my 100" Reference Gray Tab-Tensioned screen arrived. It only took me 18 months of hand-wringing to decide on a projector (ended up with the Epson 6500 refurbished deal that Visual Apex ran earlier this year) and a screen for my nondedicated home theater room. I ended up going with the gray since I can't totally remove the ambient light in my living room during the day and the white samples I got from other manufacturers didn't do it for me.

Anyway the lame part is I have to wait until Saturday to install. However I can say the product was packaged well.
LL
post #874 of 1277 Old 03-20-2012, 05:17 AM

I recently bought an Optoma HD33. I'm very happy with this projector and its 3D abilities. My screen is the current issue.

I've had my screen for quite some time now. It was originally bought from Eastporters. It is a fixed frame gray screen.

I have been looking at the reference screens at Eastporters. My current screen is 120" and I see the one they have is 115". Which one would be the better option for me, white reference or the gray reference given the projector I have. I do enjoy 3D a lot and do watch many regular bluray movies as well. I also play my PS3 on there.

I live in Mississauga, ontario near QEW and Whinstonchurchill. I was wondering if there is anyone near me with the screens in question so that I can see the image on them.

$1199 plus tax is quite a bit of money to spend blindly.
post #875 of 1277 Old 03-20-2012, 09:47 AM
tqn

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyuksel View Post

I recently bought an Optoma HD33. I'm very happy with this projector and its 3D abilities. My screen is the current issue.

I've had my screen for quite some time now. It was originally bought from Eastporters. It is a fixed frame gray screen.

I have been looking at the reference screens at Eastporters. My current screen is 120" and I see the one they have is 115". Which one would be the better option for me, white reference or the gray reference given the projector I have. I do enjoy 3D a lot and do watch many regular bluray movies as well. I also play my PS3 on there.

I live in Mississauga, ontario near QEW and Whinstonchurchill. I was wondering if there is anyone near me with the screens in question so that I can see the image on them.

What is the issue/problem with your current grey screen? What in particular are you hoping to achieve with a new screen?
post #876 of 1277 Old 03-20-2012, 12:49 PM

Quote:

I would suggest coming to the Eastporters store demo room in Hamilton, where you can see the different materials, etc. That's a fairly short drive.
post #877 of 1277 Old 03-20-2012, 12:52 PM

Keep in mind if you already purchased a non-Reference screen from a while back, you are eligible for an upgrade price, which most of the time is 100% of the price of your old screen (and you don't need to return the old screen).

For info on the upgrade program or to get the store location and see the screens in action, you can go to Eastporters, and use the Contact page if you have any further questions.

Milosh
post #878 of 1277 Old 03-20-2012, 02:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Eastporters isnt that the place I read all the warnings from manufacturers about??
post #879 of 1277 Old 03-20-2012, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tqn View Post

What is the issue/problem with your current grey screen? What in particular are you hoping to achieve with a new screen?

I would like to get rid of the texture of the screen that is visible. I would like to ensure I reduce crosstalk as much as possible and possibly get more brightness than I currently have for my 3D viewing.

I hear the sharpness of the reference screens are fantastic.
post #880 of 1277 Old 03-20-2012, 06:46 PM

Quote:

I would suggest coming to the Eastporters store demo room in Hamilton, where you can see the different materials, etc. That's a fairly short drive.

Can you give me the address to the demo room?
post #881 of 1277 Old 03-20-2012, 09:22 PM
Just add water and stir

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandarax View Post

Eastporters isnt that the place I read all the warnings from manufacturers about??

They are very worried about such a good quality screen at such reasonable prices. They need to scare people. I have recommended dozens of my customers to them...NO issues. And anything requiring assistance was promptly attended to. This company is a solid real deal.
post #882 of 1277 Old 03-20-2012, 11:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuluwalker View Post

They are very worried about such a good quality screen at such reasonable prices. They need to scare people. I have recommended dozens of my customers to them...NO issues. And anything requiring assistance was promptly attended to. This company is a solid real deal.

Then why all the warnings from manufacturers?

No response for a screen sample.

why would a projector company give a warning due to the screen?

I called one day and they said the projector they were selling was a full manufacturer warranty and the manufacturer had a warning that they did not have warranty on any projectors sold by eastporters.

That sure isn't my standard of a solid company.
post #883 of 1277 Old 03-21-2012, 10:50 AM
Just add water and stir

That is true. Those are the facts. I read that same warning too. Local dealers who are official dealers don't run into that kind of warning.

With regards to the screens though, I have seen Elunevision screens repeatedly deliver a high quality screen that is simply hard to match at the price. The new reference screen is very exciting, and a solid technology.

If you have run into issues with asking for a sample, that is unfortunate. And it might be something has be looked at from a corporate perspective as needing change. Though, I can safely tell you I have seen these screens and the after sale support; I am very pleased with those results.
post #884 of 1277 Old 03-21-2012, 05:57 PM
AVS Special Member

No Thanks... I would rather deal with a company that does not have to resort to lying about their products they sell and have manufacturers go out of their way to report warnings.. This is usually prefaced by sending someone warnings. This company says screw them I am going to lie to people and keep selling product and telling people they have a manufacturer warranty.
post #885 of 1277 Old 03-21-2012, 06:42 PM

Quote:

If you have run into issues with asking for a sample, that is unfortunate. And it might be something has be looked at from a corporate perspective as needing change. Though, I can safely tell you I have seen these screens and the after sale support; I am very pleased with those results.

To Zuluwalker, and the rest of our customers (and potential customers), I will address his allegations one last time. First, I would ask everyone to, in summary, ignore him, and not reply to what amounts to nothing more but his thread-crapping. Why I ask this is the following:

1. Searching through his history of posts on this site, it's easy to see that mandarax is not a potential customer, he is a direct competitor. He sells Da-Lite screens and projectors, calibrates projectors, and makes money, directly competing against Eastporters/EluneVision. The more we sell, the less potential customers he has. He is trying to make EluneVision and Eastporters look bad.

Quote:

I am a dealer in ontario ontario.

Post #3688 clearly shows he is a Da-Lite dealer. Da-Lite is a direct competitor of EluneVision. Da-Lite and Stewart are the two companies we compete most with, giving users very close performance for a much lower price. Clearly, a Da-Lite dealer would have a problem with a lower-cost, high-performance alternative.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...6#post21731556

Quote:

the last time I calibrated a Runco TV I peeled the Runco sticker off the set and showed my customer what it really was

Post #89 clearly shows he is paid to calibrate people's projectors, and by extension, an installer/dealer
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...2#post21778472

There are dozens more examples showing he is a direct competitor, and he would greatly benefit from Eastporters/EluneVision not existing. I would submit that he has a problem with said two companies because they provide better projector prices than his products can compete with.

He wouldn't buy from us? He's worried about something? I mean, let's all be serious, Dave and I have known for a long time that he has been thread-crapping and that he is a direct competitor to us, but we were trying to take the high-road in the hopes that he will grow up and compete, instead he just keeps reappearing, pretending that he is a potential customer.

He is nothing more than a "troll" on this thread. This thread is for customers/potential customers to discuss/ask questions about EluneVision screens, not competing companies/dealers who want to stir things up. It's unfortunate that he decided to do this. We will certainly not stoop down to his level. If anything, him being here is a testiment to the excellent value EluneVision brings to customers, if Da-Lite dealers are taking note and trying to discredit us. Fortunately, I think people are too smart to fall for one direct competitor bad-mouthing us, whereas there are hundreds of satisfied customers talking praises.

2. "Eastporters isnt that the place I read all the warnings from manufacturers about??"

On a personal note, I like how he asks this question as if he is some naive new customer trying to figure out where to purchase equipment - when it's clear from the body of evidence he's a dealer and a direct competitor who would have no desire to buy equipment from us at all.

Onwards...yes, Eastporters is not an authorized dealer of Epson products, and this is not something we have ever hidden. In fact, I wrote in depth as to why back in 2011 on this very thread (you can read it on page 23, post #678), but to summarize, it is because we want to have the freedom to sell you Epson products for a reasonable price:

-Eastporters will not become an authorized dealer for companies that require us to have a minimum price, or place obstacles as far as to which customers we can sell to (this is essentially thinly veiled price-fixing, is illegal, and is a large part of why electronics in the United States cost much less than in Canada. Don't let manufacturers convince you it simply costs more to do business in Canada than in the U.S., the fact that Eastporters sells projectors for less than others in Canada do should be sufficient proof that this is not true.)
-Eastporters will instead be non-authorized dealers for these products, and will cover all of the warranty work, just like the manufacturer does, in order to give you, the customer, the best price possible. This is all very legal. The only thing we were asked by one manufacturer was to not use their copyrighted photos, because that would have been infringement. We complied with this request.
-Eastporters will continue to beat out authorized dealers, who all willingly agree to keep the prices arbitrarily high, and in many cases, not post what they sell it for on their websites. This makes them more money, and makes the manufacturer more money. Eastporters feels ok making less money per unit than these dealers do, and will continue to provide the customer with the best prices.
-Eastporters matches the warranty that the manufacturer would otherwise give. Broken 3010s, 8350s, 8700UBs, AE4000s, etc have happened, and each time, Eastporters has fixed the projector for the customer with no issues. Our high ratings on this thread, and various other sites, are a testament of our service. He can state his opinions, but he is one extremely biased voice amongst hundreds of satisfied customers who have paid for our products and been extremely happy

In closing, we understand that our business model clearly causes a stir with competitors, and obviously some people that compete with us don't have love for us. EluneVision's factory-direct, in-house screen design offers quality screens at amazing prices to the CUSTOMER. In the end, it's the customer that benefits, and unless the customers didn't love our products, we would not be growing as fast as we do.

We expanded our line further with the AudioWeave screen earlier this year, and as with all our screens, we know we have a price/performance ratio nobody can touch. We will be coming out with some more wonderful products for which customers tell us they do not want to spend $2500+ on, as they would if they bought now from the big-name screen companies.

Just like with our other products, we are going to match the performance of these competing products, but they will not be coming close to matching our prices. Our competitors are not happy, and will continue not to be happy, that I can guarantee you. We don't care about our competitors - they are not our customers. We only care about our customers, and if you are our customers, I assure you, you will be very happy with your purchase. Let this thread, all our overwhelmingly positive customer feed back and, yes, the trolling of our direct competitor on this thread, be a testament to this fact.

Lastly, I will not be addressing mandarax's comments again, as he is very clearly a troll and a direct-competitor, as proven by his other posts on this forum. He would stand to benefit greatly from EluneVision not existing, but I can assure him that with month after month of growth, our continued iron-clad customer service and our low prices, that is wishful thinking.

I anticipate he is going to continue to troll, try to brush the evidence off, or try to probably explain things away, try to maybe claim he is in fact an interested customer and not a dealer. But from his dozens of posts on other forums, two very clear ones as an example, it's clear he has no intention of buying an EluneVision screen, just simply talking negatively about it, most likely because he cannot compete. Now that everyone knows he is a competitor, I think it says just about all it should about his 'opinions', and explains why he seems to pop up every once in a while with seemingly random and always negative things to say, while actual customers overwhelmingly say amazing things about us.

Milosh
Blue Rain likes this.
post #886 of 1277 Old 03-21-2012, 09:59 PM
Just add water and stir

Thanks Milosh! I didn't see I was being sucked in.

Best wishes!
post #887 of 1277 Old 03-22-2012, 02:44 AM
AVS Special Member

I never stated I was a customer. I did phone though and was misrepresented products and product warranty as it being a manufacturer warranty. How long someone gets away with selling blackmarket projectors claimed as data projectors is beyond me. Since you are opening shop here on AVS why not pay for advertising.

Is the screen good? You obviously have no problem importing black market goods. At least declare them properly. AVS sells Epson projectors.

Admitting you are a blackmarket dealer shouldn't impress anyone.

Newsreel... Anyone can sell cheap brands from China. There are two additional brands coming and being introduced this month. Probably more that I haven't heard from.
What's the big deal?

The website does not advertise the products you sell as black market. When people have called they are told it is a full manufacturer warranty. So the only people being sucked in are your customers. This is called misrepresentation.

I never stated I was a customer. You sound really angry to have to deal with your own story. Even the distributor for Epson has their own brand of screen that they have from China and competes with no problem.

Btw anyone could also import projectors from Mexico or Asia , misclassify them and get into the blackmarket. It's not really that special. I am a dealer but please don't call me a competitor. I don't set up a shop or compete with AVS, or sell gear that had bad alignment or other issues that ends up as black market goods.

You know me from searching on this forum which I only frequent seldomly anymore. I know you from customers that tried eastporters and unknowingly found out you were misrepresenting the product they purchased. When I called I was also being represented and I have that call.

That misrepresentation is grounds for reversing a transaction and voiding a sale in Canada or the USA.

I don't want customers that go to a black market dealer.

No legitimate dealer is scared, or threatened by a black market dealer, we just get sick of cleaning up the mess. A screen is part of the projection system so a good dealer is never going to sell a bad screen. If someone is trying to feed you a line that this screen is soo much better than another he sold you prior then it stands to reason that they really didn't care too much about selling you a piece of crappie in the first place.

Buyer beware..lol... Funny that you had to be warned that I do calibrations and other things in the industry and therefore know more than joe shmo about this. No way would someone want to give a sample to anyone as it might get tested. When you see that people I suggest you run.

Since da-lite seemed to be used in a derogatory way by black market milosh, you gotta ask yourself... Has the traditional matte white screen changed in 30 years? Why then do you have iterations of this Chinese products where one is so much better?

Maybe for those that don't remember in relation to screens I did as far as 10 years ago shootouts for AVS members and had over 100 people from AVS to look at a variety of screens. Carada screens was an example of a screen I had at the event both times and did not obviously have anything vested in that product. With that many participants they all reported what they saw and helped out fellow AVS people with their comments. We also allowed diy at those events and I put together three frames to show people how to do both spraying and putting together a system on a budget and also the shortcomings and advantages of each. There was absolutely nothing sold at the event. So you see some of us are not just after a buck or throwing out a product at anytime that doesn't provide fidelity or is being misrepresented.

Carada did quite well at the event and I believe they now advertise here. You are just a black market guy setting up a tent here. In my view its just an insult to the owners of this site as black marketing is an insult to the manufacturers of the products you sell, and an insult to the people that look at your website or phone and are told that you provide a manufacturer warranty and are an authorized dealer. If I had called and you stated that you were not a manufacturer authorized dealer I would not have sold to that customer.
post #888 of 1277 Old 03-22-2012, 02:32 PM

Quote:

-Eastporters will not become an authorized dealer for companies that require us to have a minimum price, or place obstacles as far as to which customers we can sell to (this is essentially thinly veiled price-fixing, is illegal, and is a large part of why electronics in the United States cost much less than in Canada.
Milosh

I fail to see how a company setting a price for its products amounts to price fixing. Multiple companies doing it for the same product, yes.
post #889 of 1277 Old 03-23-2012, 01:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Actually all companies have a minimum price in the USA and Canada. We can sell it for whatever we want. We just can't advertise it on the Internet below a certain price. Most everyone respects the manufacturer. But no one can stop you from transacting at any price you want. That is what would be illegal. If a company sets pricing for internet sales and a dealer ignores it that is just being disrespectful to your business partner.

Just more bs in an attempt to quantify being a black market business. You get the picture, say anything and do anything to make black market sound noble and honorable.
post #890 of 1277 Old 03-23-2012, 01:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 190
I vote my my dollars... for eastporters.
Blue Rain likes this.

post #891 of 1277 Old 03-23-2012, 10:07 PM

Throwing around terms like "blackmarket" just seems like yet another desperate attempt to discredit Eastporters. At worst they may be considered a GREY market dealer for Epson projectors. Black suggests illegal while grey simply suggests unsanctioned. If you are truly that concerned about spending additional money through "official" channels by all means feel free to do so.

If however you would like to save a pile of money and receive great customer service, or heck, maybe you want to purchase a different brand for which Eastporters ARE authorized Canadian dealers, I would suggest you give Dave or Milosh a call. I know I would certainly do so again.
post #892 of 1277 Old 03-24-2012, 07:44 AM
AVS Special Member

They were bringing in more then epsons in to north america? Yes or no?

When people call and are told they are authorized by Epson then that is black, dark Grey, purple,. I don't care what color you call it but a red flag should go off.

I know I am just the bad dealer that never was hiding it trying to get someone to tell their customers the truth. Do you see on their website that they are not a dealer? Nah I am sticking with black. Is it just the manufacturers that post warnings that are being admitted?

You can believe what you want. Did the black market guy get angry for someone posting the truth? If you answer yes then you have to ask yourself why. When you come through that rabbit hole greyer. When you see that he sells Grey market goods in north America deeper the hole gets. When you see the tent parked at AVS who sell the same product as a legit dealer.. Grey turns to black and if you think it's all peachy I respect your opinion but I do not share it. Call it whatever shade of Grey you want. If he is an authorized dealer of the brands each has a map price. He calls it illegal. So he also disrespects everyone he partners with as well as lying blatantly what is legal and illegal.

The people that want to go down that Grey hole will be coming up with no end of bs to quantify they are white and everyone else is black or Grey. Not too uncommon and you certainly have that here.
post #893 of 1277 Old 03-24-2012, 07:56 AM

Liked: 12
Can you stop this mandarax? I'm another very satisfied customer with their products and I think you should leave this thread if you're not interested in buying or support, let us make our own decisions. They've done great by me.
Blue Rain likes this.
post #894 of 1277 Old 03-24-2012, 09:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
For all of your viewing pleasure, you will find 131 reviews over 5 years time frame 4.7 out of a total of 5 star rating.

I think we would have seen at that site I linked, with actual proof of denail of any warranty issues and or any owners not being allowed to register any products purchased from Eastporters in 5 years, I think mandarax's previous posts deserve serious infractions, and your future posts should be taken with serious caution!

I have received nothing but the most professional response from Milosh and DaveHao, especially Dave, he has helped me with many many e-mails with regards to my inquiry of a EluneVision reverence electric screen, trying to decide between a gray or white reference screen, I even received a recommendation from a friend that lives close to me to seriously consider Eastpoters. I can not afford the most expensive option that's available that I'm searching for, and EluneVision has an affordable option for me, and that's who I will be buying from in the near future.
Blue Rain and crackhead2k like this.
post #895 of 1277 Old 03-24-2012, 02:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheaterChad View Post

and that's who I will be buying from in the near future.

Same here... Just waiting for the 16:9 120 inch electric AT to come-in in two weeks.
Blue Rain likes this.

post #896 of 1277 Old 03-26-2012, 12:41 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 284
posts deleted

if you see a problematic post, please use the report post button

Please take the high road in every post
Please do not quote or respond to problematic posts: report them to mods to handle
Link to sponsors
good to be back to vBulletin
post #897 of 1277 Old 03-29-2012, 07:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyuksel View Post

As we were, what issues are you having with your screen? Would be great to help out with more info..
post #898 of 1277 Old 03-29-2012, 12:34 PM

Quote:

As we were, what issues are you having with your screen? Would be great to help out with more info..

He lives about 20 minutes away from the demo-room, so as I've said, I think seeing it in person and comparing any EluneVision screens is definitely the best way to go as far as figuring out white vs gray, seeing the performance with his own eyes compared to the performance of his current screen, etc.
Blue Rain likes this.
post #899 of 1277 Old 04-08-2012, 11:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by psgcdn View Post

Same here... Just waiting for the 16:9 120 inch electric AT to come-in in two weeks.

PSGCDN: Have you received your screen yet? Would love to hear your feedback / impressions on your screen.

Well, I finally have my Panasonic AE4000U projector, and will be deciding on a new electric reference tabbed screen, just getting down to final dimensions as for screen width, and screen type, as I'm in between deciding Reference cine-white vs reference cine-grey, I have helped a few local avs members local to me go through the trails of which one is best, and right now, I'm changing some of my room colors to matte / dark browns to go with the cine-white screen, if not, the more brighter ambient, reflective room would constitute the cine-grey material, I will be contacting DaveHao in the next week or so.
post #900 of 1277 Old 04-09-2012, 12:34 PM
AVS Special Member

It's supposed to be shipped tomorrow, so maybe in a week or so.

Reply Screens

Tags
Projection Screens , Epson , Epson Emp Tw600 Replacement Projector Lamp Elplp35 V13h010l35
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page