EluneVision screens - Page 41 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!


Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1201 of 1357 Old 02-23-2014, 08:08 PM
Newbie
 
stallionishere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11

Elunevision makes a great screen. Best bang for your buck along with a Sony 55 es you cant go wrong:)

zuluwalker likes this.
stallionishere is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1202 of 1357 Old 02-24-2014, 12:35 PM
Just add water and stir
 
zuluwalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 1,639
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by stallionishere View Post

yes. I have the 106" reference 4k tension motorized one and I can tell you with the epson 5030UB is it amazing. great match for this projector. I highly recomend this screen.You can find it for around $1100.oo and if you read many reviews it is better than some costing 2 1/2 times as much. They have the best whites around.

I am using a fixed frame 108" with an Epson 6010 that is ISF calibrated to very good effect. I am pleased with overall image and consistently impressed with what it cost me. This is my second screen from Elunevision.
zuluwalker is offline  
post #1203 of 1357 Old 02-28-2014, 11:01 AM
Senior Member
 
yourtoys7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 282
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 14
106" with benq 1070
Open room (kitchen/ family room) with 2 patio doors, use drapes with lined with cotton for extra light filtration. I can watch a movie any time of the day biggrin.gif

zuluwalker likes this.

EluneVision 106" Reference Studio 4K Tab-tensioned - 1.0 Gain, Benq 1070, psb T6, Rotel, OPPO, Velodine (Now),
135" AT screen, JVC-X35, 3x RF82, 3x Emotiva XPA100, Velodine, Rotel, OPPO (Sold with house).
yourtoys7 is offline  
post #1204 of 1357 Old 03-01-2014, 09:24 PM
Senior Member
 
simpleHT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 466
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by yourtoys7 View Post

106" with benq 1070
Open room (kitchen/ family room) with 2 patio doors, use drapes with lined with cotton for extra light filtration. I can watch a movie any time of the day biggrin.gif

Which screen is this? I have benq w1080st installed in family room with some ambient light. I am looking for a screen that I can occasionally enjoy the big screen during to day.
simpleHT is offline  
post #1205 of 1357 Old 03-02-2014, 01:10 AM
Senior Member
 
hussain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 371
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Hi,

I am looking to buy elunevision 2.35 accoustic weave 135" screen. I cannot find any review on the internet and I do not have the oppurtunity to demo the screen.

Can somebody provide me feedback of how good these screens are . I have Panasonic pt-ae8000 projector in a dedicated windowless home theatre. How would 3d look with this screen and projector.

Thanks
hussain is offline  
post #1206 of 1357 Old 03-02-2014, 06:04 AM
Senior Member
 
yourtoys7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 282
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleHT View Post

Which screen is this? I have benq w1080st installed in family room with some ambient light. I am looking for a screen that I can occasionally enjoy the big screen during to day.

EluneVision 106" Reference Studio 4K Tab-tensioned - 1.0 Gain

Its pricy but investment for many years to come, I'm sure I'll change projector couple of times before the need to change the screen. Looks awesome and always tight/ strait.

EluneVision 106" Reference Studio 4K Tab-tensioned - 1.0 Gain, Benq 1070, psb T6, Rotel, OPPO, Velodine (Now),
135" AT screen, JVC-X35, 3x RF82, 3x Emotiva XPA100, Velodine, Rotel, OPPO (Sold with house).
yourtoys7 is offline  
post #1207 of 1357 Old 03-02-2014, 11:12 AM
Senior Member
 
Yzfbossman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Frisco, TX
Posts: 270
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by hussain View Post

Hi,

I am looking to buy elunevision 2.35 accoustic weave 135" screen. I cannot find any review on the internet and I do not have the oppurtunity to demo the screen.

Can somebody provide me feedback of how good these screens are . I have Panasonic pt-ae8000 projector in a dedicated windowless home theatre. How would 3d look with this screen and projector.

Thanks

I have a 145" 2.35. I'm very happy with the screen. I have an EPSON 6020 so same LCD chips as the 8000. Order a sample and check it out before you buy.

check out my build thread and this post for some more info
zuluwalker likes this.

Here is my build thread:

---->Like a Boss Theater Build<----
Yzfbossman is offline  
post #1208 of 1357 Old 03-02-2014, 05:40 PM
Just add water and stir
 
zuluwalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 1,639
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzfbossman View Post

I have a 145" 2.35. I'm very happy with the screen. I have an EPSON 6020 so same LCD chips as the 8000. Order a sample and check it out before you buy.

check out my build thread and this post for some more info

Oooo NICE projector!!
zuluwalker is offline  
post #1209 of 1357 Old 03-03-2014, 09:39 PM
Newbie
 
Murse1024's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzfbossman View Post

I have a 145" 2.35. I'm very happy with the screen. I have an EPSON 6020 so same LCD chips as the 8000. Order a sample and check it out before you buy.

check out my build thread and this post for some more info
.

How big is your home theater? I am also looking at this screen and want to get an idea of how it will look on a false wall I'm building.
Murse1024 is offline  
post #1210 of 1357 Old 03-04-2014, 04:53 AM
Senior Member
 
Yzfbossman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Frisco, TX
Posts: 270
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murse1024 View Post

.

How big is your home theater? I am also looking at this screen and want to get an idea of how it will look on a false wall I'm building.

My room is basically 20' x 20'

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1465533/like-a-boss-theater-build
zuluwalker likes this.

Here is my build thread:

---->Like a Boss Theater Build<----
Yzfbossman is offline  
post #1211 of 1357 Old 03-10-2014, 02:11 PM
Member
 
Hound888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 135
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Just purchased the Elunevision 115" Reference Audioweave 4k fixed frame from Eastporters and should be getting it tomorrow. A friend got their reference screen a couple years ago and was really happy so I decided to try their acoustically transparent screen.

I was almost going to buy the Jamestown with Seymour XD or the Elite Screen Prime Vision AT screens but for some reason kept coming back to the Elunevision.

Anyone else using this screen?

I'm currently using the Accuscreen 106" grey AT screen and not really happy with it. Its so light and not straight so if I don't use hooks at the bottom, it comes off my wall a few inches.
Hound888 is offline  
post #1212 of 1357 Old 03-11-2014, 03:18 PM
Just add water and stir
 
zuluwalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 1,639
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound888 View Post

Just purchased the Elunevision 115" Reference Audioweave 4k fixed frame from Eastporters and should be getting it tomorrow. A friend got their reference screen a couple years ago and was really happy so I decided to try their acoustically transparent screen.

I was almost going to buy the Jamestown with Seymour XD or the Elite Screen Prime Vision AT screens but for some reason kept coming back to the Elunevision.

Anyone else using this screen?

I'm currently using the Accuscreen 106" grey AT screen and not really happy with it. Its so light and not straight so if I don't use hooks at the bottom, it comes off my wall a few inches.

Congrats!!!! Welcome to the Club!!!! smile.gif
zuluwalker is offline  
post #1213 of 1357 Old 03-12-2014, 03:28 AM
Senior Member
 
hussain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 371
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Hi,

How does the elune vision audioweave 4k compare with the established giant Da-Lite and Stewart.

Also what is the gain on this screen.

Thanks for help
hussain is offline  
post #1214 of 1357 Old 03-12-2014, 08:49 AM
Member
 
Hound888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 135
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by zuluwalker View Post

Congrats!!!! Welcome to the Club!!!! smile.gif

Thanks! I'm enjoying it very much and would reccomend it to anyone looking for a reference AT screen at a reasonable price.
Hound888 is offline  
post #1215 of 1357 Old 03-12-2014, 08:51 AM
Member
 
Hound888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 135
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by hussain View Post

Hi,

How does the elune vision audioweave 4k compare with the established giant Da-Lite and Stewart.

Also what is the gain on this screen.

Thanks for help

You'd have to see these side by side to really compare them and I doubt any users here can do that.

They do say it is better than any AT screen and would give your money back if not satisfied so there isn't really a risk. Plus I'm sure the Stewart and Da-Lite are at least 2-3 times the cost of the Elunevision equivalent.

According to their website, gain is 1.15.
Hound888 is offline  
post #1216 of 1357 Old 03-12-2014, 09:14 AM
Member
 
LoudDad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 26
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Actual effective gain was discussed earlier in this forum.

I believe the screen material has a 1.15 gain, but the effective gain because of the perforations works out to about 0.95.

LoudDad is online now  
post #1217 of 1357 Old 03-14-2014, 01:18 PM
Senior Member
 
Yzfbossman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Frisco, TX
Posts: 270
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudDad View Post

Actual effective gain was discussed earlier in this forum.
I believe the screen material has a 1.15 gain, but the effective gain because of the perforations works out to about 0.95.

My subjective comparison to various screens puts it at about .95 as well.

Here is my build thread:

---->Like a Boss Theater Build<----
Yzfbossman is offline  
post #1218 of 1357 Old 03-19-2014, 07:51 PM
Newbie
 
zadar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Hey, just started working on putting together my 115 fixed frame audio weave reference 4k screen and it feels like the audio weave screen is too small for the frame size. What am I doing wrong? I followed the instructions to begin at the middle of the left (right) side but then the other middle side cannot be stretched to that end.
zadar is offline  
post #1219 of 1357 Old 03-20-2014, 06:35 AM
Member
 
Hound888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 135
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadar View Post

Hey, just started working on putting together my 115 fixed frame audio weave reference 4k screen and it feels like the audio weave screen is too small for the frame size. What am I doing wrong? I followed the instructions to begin at the middle of the left (right) side but then the other middle side cannot be stretched to that end.

I went through the same thing last week with the exact same screen you have. Tried doing it as per the instructions but it was too hard. Called Dave at Eastporters and he suggested starting on the corners of each side.

I put a couple clips in each corner for both the long and short frames and then went on towards the middle.

Make no mistake, this is preferably a two person job. I was able to do 80% of it myself as the wife was "busy" but my thumbs were sore for days afterwards.

Just take it slow and make sure you stretch it out properly and get the rod into the channel. After putting mine together, there was a slight ripple effect on the bottom left corner because it didn't stretch it out enough there.

Good luck, the end result is definitely worth the short term pain smile.gif
Hound888 is offline  
post #1220 of 1357 Old 03-20-2014, 09:10 AM
AVS Special Member
 
cardoski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Beyond The Wall.
Posts: 1,072
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadar View Post

Hey, just started working on putting together my 115 fixed frame audio weave reference 4k screen and it feels like the audio weave screen is too small for the frame size. What am I doing wrong? I followed the instructions to begin at the middle of the left (right) side but then the other middle side cannot be stretched to that end.


When I set mine up I thought the same thing. Years of construction gives me strong hands tongue.gif , I really had to pull hard but everything worked out perfect.
zuluwalker likes this.

James Reid:D
cardoski is offline  
post #1221 of 1357 Old 03-20-2014, 11:23 AM
Just add water and stir
 
zuluwalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 1,639
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardoski View Post

When I set mine up I thought the same thing. Years of construction gives me strong hands tongue.gif , I really had to pull hard but everything worked out perfect.

Congrats getting it up and ready. Be sure to let us know your impressions. Words are far more useful than screen shots of an image. But I know I would enjoy seeing pics of it in your room set-up. smile.gif
zuluwalker is offline  
post #1222 of 1357 Old 03-20-2014, 11:39 AM
AVS Special Member
 
cardoski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Beyond The Wall.
Posts: 1,072
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by zuluwalker View Post

Congrats getting it up and ready. Be sure to let us know your impressions. Words are far more useful than screen shots of an image. But I know I would enjoy seeing pics of it in your room set-up. smile.gif


I have had mine for over a year now, mine is not the audio weave model. But is the fixed frame 4K screen, it has been wonderful, a uniform sharp picture. So far I have used a BenQ W7000 and a JVC X500. My room is covered in Velvet so is a black hole. I really can not complain as there is no visible texture on the image even when I go up close.*

Here is a picture I took with my camera phone so it really does not do justice, also in the picture are my newly built DIY masking panels. Too me it looks like a giant Plasma, only better cause it is giant. I am actually saveing to get an even bigger screen and it will be another Elunevison.
zuluwalker likes this.

James Reid:D
cardoski is offline  
post #1223 of 1357 Old 03-20-2014, 06:09 PM
Newbie
 
zadar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound888 View Post

I went through the same thing last week with the exact same screen you have. Tried doing it as per the instructions but it was too hard. Called Dave at Eastporters and he suggested starting on the corners of each side.

I put a couple clips in each corner for both the long and short frames and then went on towards the middle.

Make no mistake, this is preferably a two person job. I was able to do 80% of it myself as the wife was "busy" but my thumbs were sore for days afterwards.

Just take it slow and make sure you stretch it out properly and get the rod into the channel. After putting mine together, there was a slight ripple effect on the bottom left corner because it didn't stretch it out enough there.

Good luck, the end result is definitely worth the short term pain smile.gif


Victory is mine! Thanks for the input-exactly what I needed!
zuluwalker and cardoski like this.
zadar is offline  
post #1224 of 1357 Old 03-20-2014, 08:56 PM
Senior Member
 
Kamikaze13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 430
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Hey guys I'm looking for some input. I'm planning on going to a CIH scope screen 120" width. I'm interested in the reference 4k 2.35:1 Screen.

The 5" frame probably looks really nice but I'm thinking I'd rather have a larger viewing size and go with the 3.5" frame, especially for 16:9 material.

Any thoughts?

VIDEO: JVC DLA-RS57U Projector / 106" Grandview fixed frame screen - Oppo BDP-103 Blu-Ray Player - PlayStation 3 AVR: Onkyo TX-NR3009 SPEAKERS: Paradigm Monitor 11 Mains - Paradigm Monitor CC-390 Center - Paradigm Monitor ADP-390 Surrounds x 4 SUBWOOFERS: SVS PB2000 / Velodyne DPS-12
Kamikaze13 is offline  
post #1225 of 1357 Old 03-29-2014, 01:24 PM
Senior Member
 
yourtoys7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 282
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I have, EluneVision 106" Reference Studio 4K Tab-tensioned, one thing that starting to bother me is the noise of the motor in the evening, and if I come home at 11:30pm to watch something while my family is slipping, it sound soo loud mad.gif.
Is there a way to change for quite motor? Im gonna call eastporters to see if something new coming out or there is a way to exchange to motor.

EluneVision 106" Reference Studio 4K Tab-tensioned - 1.0 Gain, Benq 1070, psb T6, Rotel, OPPO, Velodine (Now),
135" AT screen, JVC-X35, 3x RF82, 3x Emotiva XPA100, Velodine, Rotel, OPPO (Sold with house).
yourtoys7 is offline  
post #1226 of 1357 Old 03-30-2014, 07:03 AM
Senior Member
 
Thrillho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Halifax,NS
Posts: 359
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 32
I've got the Titan 106" Motorized which I can only assume uses the same motor. It is not loud at all. I mean I can obviously hear it but it's nowhere near the volume of what I would listen to a movie or show late at night.
Thrillho is offline  
post #1227 of 1357 Old 03-30-2014, 07:41 AM
Member
 
albert-canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 68
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I have the 92" motorized screen and it is reasonably quiet (but not silent) as well. Perhaps you could leave the screen down until the morning when everyone is awake?
albert-canuck is offline  
post #1228 of 1357 Old 03-30-2014, 08:59 AM
Member
 
Angus.Young's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 103
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I'm working on getting a projector setup in the basement.. and have some questions about screens....

Specifically looking at Elunevision screens... how good/bad are the Elara screens compared to the Reference screens.. would be looking at 100-120 inch.. yet to be determined exactly..

I guess he question is almost 4x or 5x the price for the reference worth it... is the Elara that bad per say? It is an old projector.. a JVC RS1X source material will be from my Blu Ray/DVD collection and a HTPC...


Thank You!..
Angus.Young is offline  
post #1229 of 1357 Old 03-30-2014, 10:55 AM
Senior Member
 
yourtoys7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 282
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 14
In the day time its not bad at all, but when I come from work and wanna watch something late (work 3-11pm), thats when you really notice how loud the motor is. Just wondering if there is an upgrade to the motor!

EluneVision 106" Reference Studio 4K Tab-tensioned - 1.0 Gain, Benq 1070, psb T6, Rotel, OPPO, Velodine (Now),
135" AT screen, JVC-X35, 3x RF82, 3x Emotiva XPA100, Velodine, Rotel, OPPO (Sold with house).
yourtoys7 is offline  
post #1230 of 1357 Old 03-30-2014, 11:22 AM
DTI
Member
 
DTI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Vancouver BC
Posts: 73
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 11
own the 100 Reference Studio 4K Tab-tensioned mine is noisy too if you look on

top of the canister you will see two mounting tabs that can slide side to side if you tape those

down it can dampen some of the sound that's if your not using them as mounts

diy projector dust enclosure http://imageshack.com/a/img673/7461/uZzubN.jpg
DTI is offline  
Reply Screens

Tags
Projection Screens , Epson , Epson Emp Tw600 Replacement Projector Lamp Elplp35 V13h010l35
Gear in this thread - Tw600 by PriceGrabber.com

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off