EluneVision screens - Page 43 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1261 of 1278 Old 05-27-2014, 09:09 AM
Newbie
 
Elies's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Thanks for the reply. I think I'm going to take the 120" tab-tensioned.

Elies is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1262 of 1278 Old 05-28-2014, 12:31 AM
Newbie
 
alvink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben38 View Post

Awesome Job. Looks like a supernova blade.
Thanks Ben! Gona give a black screen a try soon. Getting some samples from Robert soon. Will keep you guys posted.
alvink is offline  
post #1263 of 1278 Old 05-28-2014, 09:45 AM
Member
 
Socal Rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Southern,Ca
Posts: 43
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I ordered my screen back on April 9th and are still waiting. How long did you guys have to wait? I sent them an e-mail 4 days ago to check the status and still haven't received a reply. I hope everything goes smoothly with my screen.
Socal Rich is offline  
post #1264 of 1278 Old 06-03-2014, 07:55 PM
AVS Special Member
 
iwanrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,002
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 11
i intent to purchase a Reference Studio 4K Fixed-Frame 16:9 150" Screen for my up coming SONY 4K VPL-VW1100ES projector.
I believe EluneVision is the only screen that put "4K" trade mark on their screen type (or I am wrong about this).
I hope that has real technological explanation rather than marketing gimmick.

My HT Room is totally light control "bat-Cave" room.

Will that screen "Over Brightness" considering the bright Lumens of Sony VW1100ES?
But I've been told if I go for that big 150" screen I must have 'high Gain" screen to bring up the brightness.
Currently I have 134" Carada Brilliant White screen with 1.4 gain. The EluneVision 4K screen has 2.4 gain, I think.

In fact my personal preference is brightness of picture when watching movies/videos on big screen in HT room.

Have anyone any experience with that 150" screen?
Any comments or recommendations are much appreciated.
iwanrs is offline  
post #1265 of 1278 Old 06-04-2014, 08:50 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
AV Science Sales 5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: A beautiful view of a lake
Posts: 7,461
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 234 Post(s)
Liked: 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwanrs View Post

i intent to purchase a Reference Studio 4K Fixed-Frame 16:9 150" Screen for my up coming SONY 4K VPL-VW1100ES projector.
I believe EluneVision is the only screen that put "4K" trade mark on their screen type (or I am wrong about this).
I hope that has real technological explanation rather than marketing gimmick.

My HT Room is totally light control "bat-Cave" room.

Will that screen "Over Brightness" considering the bright Lumens of Sony VW1100ES?
But I've been told if I go for that big 150" screen I must have 'high Gain" screen to bring up the brightness.
Currently I have 134" Carada Brilliant White screen with 1.4 gain. The EluneVision 4K screen has 2.4 gain, I think.

In fact my personal preference is brightness of picture when watching movies/videos on big screen in HT room.

Have anyone any experience with that 150" screen?
Any comments or recommendations are much appreciated.

Most all screens on the market will resolve 4K.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI & many more.
Klipsch, RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Technology, MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech.
AV Science Sales 5 is online now  
post #1266 of 1278 Old 06-07-2014, 07:36 AM
Newbie
 
dreameruk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just like you Socal Rich I too ordered a screen, in May, which is nearly 4 weeks ago and haven't had much in the way of email support since. They never specified how long for delivery and the last few emails I have had no response. To be honest I did expect up to 5 weeks, especially since I'm from the UK, but I would have appreciated an estimated delivery time at least. I am beginning to feel like it was a mistake but I can only hope there is an honest reason for the lack of communication. But 2 months waiting, in your case, is just ridiculous!!
dreameruk is offline  
post #1267 of 1278 Old 06-07-2014, 08:35 AM
Member
 
albert-canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 40
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I ordered mine from EastPorters and it arrived in a couple of weeks. I had very good communications with them, fast response (within a day). I sent my messages to Nathalie at: sales@eastporters.com.

Hopefully your luck will improve. I like my new 4K reference screen, a nice improvement from the Titan screen I had (which is now in the bedroom). Especially in the darker blacks and more details.
albert-canuck is offline  
post #1268 of 1278 Old 06-07-2014, 11:04 AM
Newbie
 
dreameruk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
To be fair, I did say I was in no immediate rush and I didn't expect to have my room finished and all the kit ready to go as quick. Also i am having a custom frame done, but email response was good before I paid for the screen and immediately after but poor since. If there is a genuine delay then no problem. At least communicate this. When I see someone else has been waiting even longer with an order placed the month before then there must be some issue.

I ordered with EluneVision direct.

I don't mind the extra wait if informed and I am expecting it will be worth it. I'm getting a 120" diagonal 2.35 reference studio 4k.
dreameruk is offline  
post #1269 of 1278 Old 06-07-2014, 11:15 AM
Senior Member
 
Thrillho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Halifax,NS
Posts: 358
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by albert-canuck View Post

I ordered mine from EastPorters and it arrived in a couple of weeks. I had very good communications with them, fast response (within a day). I sent my messages to Nathalie at: sales@eastporters.com.

Hopefully your luck will improve. I like my new 4K reference screen, a nice improvement from the Titan screen I had (which is now in the bedroom). Especially in the darker blacks and more details.

Can you expand upon the differences you see between the Titan and the Reference? I've currently got the Titan and am considering upgrading to the reference for $675. Do you think it's worth the extra?
My primary issue with the Titan (aside from the waves I've got and some motor problems) is the sparklies/texturing. I can see the screen on bright screens does this happen with your reference?
Thrillho is offline  
post #1270 of 1278 Old 06-07-2014, 12:11 PM
Member
 
albert-canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 40
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I find that the 4K screen is not quite as bright as my previous Titan screen but then it is also a bit larger at 106" vs 92". It is also a gain 1.0 versus 1.2 screen so I need a little darker room for viewing or the picture gets washed out. I have blackout curtains so this is not a big issue for me. I don't see any sparklies or texturing at all with the new screen. I didn't really notice this on the other screen either, though. The biggest difference I notice is in dark scenes where there is a bit more detail and darker blacks. I don't notice much difference in colour accuracy but it is hard to tell without putting the same image on both screens side by side.

I took some pictures of Avatar on the other screen before I replaced it, I will have to find them and take identical ones to compare. I think I'll do this tonight and try to post my results soon.
albert-canuck is offline  
post #1271 of 1278 Old 06-07-2014, 11:55 PM
Newbie
 
dreameruk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just had confirmation from EluneVision that my screen will be shipping next week. smile.gif

Hope socal rich gets the same news.
dreameruk is offline  
post #1272 of 1278 Old 06-19-2014, 06:03 AM
Senior Member
 
Thrillho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Halifax,NS
Posts: 358
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 30
I just a had an experience with Elunevision that I thought I'd share. I hate to sound like a shill but I find we're so quick to pull out the pitchforks when something goes bad that sometimes we should give credit where credit is due.

I jumped into front projection in Dec of 2013 with a Mits 7900 on blowout and I had no idea of what to look for in a screen. I originally purchased a Elunevision Triton manual pull down in Grey as it was a living room setup. The first time I pulled it down to use it, it sprung back up into the frame and warped the bottom corners of the image. I also noticed how dim it was and that grey may not have been the best match for my low lumen projector. I called Eastporters and they upgraded me to the Titan Tab-Tensioned screen for the difference in price. That call happened on Dec 26th and I had the Titan on NYE.

Once I got the Titan installed I noticed how much better the white screen was for my usage and was very pleased with the upgrade except the drop-limiter was non-functional. I called Eastporters again and after a ton of troubleshooting and fix attempts, they got me a new motor. It took a while to get that as it came from China but I appreciated not having to send back the whole unit for repair. Once the motor arrived and was installed everything worked great. I was happy with the service I received and moved on to darkening my room and moving away from the "living-room" type theater into a "dedicated theater".

After a few more months, the Titan began to develop waves, as this was the whole point of Tab-Tensioning I was disappointed. I decided that I'd had enough of the issues with drop down screens and I'd pull my plasma off the wall and go with a fixed frame. I contacted Elunevision directly as I felt this was outside the responsibility period of the retailer and asked if there was the possibility of trading up to a reference series fixed screen. Dave at Elunevision replied very quickly (on a Saturday) and we worked out a price I felt was very fair. Nathalie at Elunevision called me Monday morning to proceed and I told her I'd call back on Friday and pay.

Friday morning rolled around I called and before I could finish saying why I was calling she said "Is this Sean?" and pulled my order up. I was impressed with the personal level of service. We got it hammered out and the screen was shipped.

I received it yesterday (three business days from paying to having the screen in my hands) and set out to assemble it. Everything went to plan and within an hour and a half or so I had it assembled and hung.

I fired up the projector and WOW. The reference series is amazing. Not a hint of texture or sparklies. Sharpness has increased and corner to corner uniformity is perfect. The image now looks as smooth and detailed as my Plasma does.

Kudos to Elunevision and Eastporters for making a happy customer and an amazing screen.

Last edited by Thrillho; 06-19-2014 at 06:05 AM.
Thrillho is offline  
post #1273 of 1278 Old 06-21-2014, 07:47 AM
Member
 
Angus.Young's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 64
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
A Question for those in Canada..

Where are you purchasing your Elunevision screens? I will be looking into getting one soon, the problem I have is, While EastPorters seems to be the direct contact, they are not the best priced..

I can get it cheaper from FS, Best Buy etc.. and those places offer free shipping.

I had emailed EastPorters and asked about price matching etc.. but have heard nothing back... so its kind of put me off buying directly. Even if they would have replied saying sorry we can't.. but no response at all.. doesn't sit to well.. makes me wonder what any support would be like..

Any Advice?
Angus.Young is offline  
post #1274 of 1278 Old 06-23-2014, 09:11 PM
DTI
Member
 
DTI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 48
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus.Young View Post
A Question for those in Canada..

Where are you purchasing your Elunevision screens? I will be looking into getting one soon, the problem I have is, While EastPorters seems to be the direct contact, they are not the best priced..

I can get it cheaper from FS, Best Buy etc.. and those places offer free shipping.

I had emailed EastPorters and asked about price matching etc.. but have heard nothing back... so its kind of put me off buying directly. Even if they would have replied saying sorry we can't.. but no response at all.. doesn't sit to well.. makes me wonder what any support would be like..

Any Advice?
Just call them on the phone ask them to match or beat the cheaper price


they will
DTI is offline  
post #1275 of 1278 Old 06-29-2014, 03:54 PM
Member
 
Angus.Young's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 64
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Hi Guys,

Few more questions... can't seem to make up my mind



On the reference tab tensioned screen, when looking at it the way you would when you project a picture, what side is the power connection on?

Also from the looks of the documentation it ONLY with with the wireless trigger? Or can i use a regular mono 3.5 to trigger it?

I know it comes with remote and hard wired control as well.. but trigger seems the easiest but i don't see why i should pay 70 when i can buy a cable and run it for about 3 bucks...

thanks!
Angus.Young is offline  
post #1276 of 1278 Old 06-29-2014, 05:39 PM
DTI
Member
 
DTI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 48
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus.Young View Post
Hi Guys,

Few more questions... can't seem to make up my mind



On the reference tab tensioned screen, when looking at it the way you would when you project a picture, what side is the power connection on?

Also from the looks of the documentation it ONLY with with the wireless trigger? Or can i use a regular mono 3.5 to trigger it?

I know it comes with remote and hard wired control as well.. but trigger seems the easiest but i don't see why i should pay 70 when i can buy a cable and run it for about 3 bucks...

thanks!

When looking at the screen the power cord is on the right side


cant give you a answer on the trigger
DTI is offline  
post #1277 of 1278 Old 06-29-2014, 10:03 PM
Member
 
Angus.Young's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 64
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTI View Post
When looking at the screen the power cord is on the right side


cant give you a answer on the trigger

Thank You..

At least i know what side i should be pulling some wire to...
Angus.Young is offline  
post #1278 of 1278 Old 08-26-2014, 05:34 PM
Member
 
miloshj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 78
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Angus, sending you a PM!

Quote:
I fired up the projector and WOW. The reference series is amazing. Not a hint of texture or sparklies. Sharpness has increased and corner to corner uniformity is perfect. The image now looks as smooth and detailed as my Plasma does.
Glad you're enjoying the screen!

Milosh
miloshj is offline  
Reply Screens

Tags
Projection Screens , Epson , Epson Emp Tw600 Replacement Projector Lamp Elplp35 V13h010l35
Gear in this thread - Tw600 by PriceGrabber.com



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off