post #1321 of 1332 Old 01-30-2015, 03:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkz View Post
some tough crowd to please here.

sorry if im coming off as harsh but it was a selling point. i flat out said i needed it yesterday. he said no problem. i would not have ordered it otherwise. here it is now past 5 oclock on a Friday and still no screen.
if im selling a customer something, i'm going to go all out giving him was i promised.
waiting around all day for purolator to come pick something up the same day the customer is promised to receive it is unacceptable. purolator is open all day.

so now i face setting up my costco screen and paying to return mine to eastporters on my dime or setting up my costco screen and then taking it down when/if mine even arrives this weekend. disapointed in both options.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1322 of 1332 Old 01-30-2015, 03:27 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I would think you live in Canada as well? for a quick service eastporter can offer especially within Canada, I think anyone should be happy, majority customer service nowadays are just garbage, and I'm pretty happy with their service so far, althought mine is still on its way, I still think they do a better job than some of the vendors I deal within Canada.

it is not my call, but no one should plan such short window for a delivery. plan ahead and be positive.
post #1323 of 1332 Old 01-30-2015, 03:31 PM

Liked: 0
i live 3 hours away and i didn't plan a short delivery. eastporters did.

Last edited by djkltg; 01-30-2015 at 03:51 PM.
post #1324 of 1332 Old 01-30-2015, 06:52 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Hi sorry if this has been asked before but I'm looking to get the 100″ EluneVision Reference Studio 4K Tab Tensioned Screen. Anyone have this one or a similar motorized screen? 2 questions, how long does the screen take to umm...deploy fully. And is it really as quiet as it says?

I currently have a cheap Elite motorized screen and it takes about 55 seconds to go up or down and is quite loud, leading me to just leave it down the whole time and kinda wasted my money getting a motorized screen. I'm hoping this is faster and quieter.

Thanks.
post #1325 of 1332 Old 01-30-2015, 09:09 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by krectus View Post
Hi sorry if this has been asked before but I'm looking to get the 100″ EluneVision Reference Studio 4K Tab Tensioned Screen. Anyone have this one or a similar motorized screen? 2 questions, how long does the screen take to umm...deploy fully. And is it really as quiet as it says?

I currently have a cheap Elite motorized screen and it takes about 55 seconds to go up or down and is quite loud, leading me to just leave it down the whole time and kinda wasted my money getting a motorized screen. I'm hoping this is faster and quieter.

Thanks.

Just tested my 120" and it took 25s to lower. Unfortunately I can not tell you if it is louder than others but I would not say it is quiet. Personally I think it is rather loud, but not too much of annoyance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #1326 of 1332 Old 02-08-2015, 08:37 PM
RRF

Well I have had this screen up for about 250 hours after recalibrating a movie and sports mode on my projector.
In a nutshell...it produces an impressive picture. The low texture material produces a very wide viewing angle and very sharp picture.

Color Temperature:
Comparing Greyscale measurements taken directly from projector with those off the 4K screen, revealed a slightly "cooler" image. The earlier photos demonstrate the difference between the Carada Brilliant 1.4 with the Reference 4k. The Carada is definitely a "warmer" material. But any difference is well within the range of the calibration controls.

Viewing Angle:
I do not think it could get any better. You would almost have to be behind the screen the get a wider viewing angle. and even at extreme angles the picture and the colour is not distorted.

Sharpness:
Excellent. My projector has extremely good focus...not so good colour uniformity...but excellent focus and sharpness, and this 4K screen delivers the sharpest picture I have seen.
The Super Bowl picture detail was stunning, and every night it continues to impress.

Environment:
Here is the part of the review where I feel like a Concours car judge, and have to deliberately look for flaws in a near perfect automobile...

That excellent viewing angle and sharpness comes at a price, and that would be sensitivity to ambient light.
This screen excels in a light-controlled environment, and with a bit of planning, performs well in room with minor lighting.
Dark, neutral flat colours for walls, direct all accent lighting away from screen. I had no problem with having a pool game going on 10" from the screen during the Super bowl.

Noise:
It is definitely makes a bit more noise while retracting than lowering.
I have it installed in the worst possible scenario...mounted against a hollow wooden valance...but I would still have a hard time saying it was very quiet.
Perhaps some insulators for the mounts would help.
post #1327 of 1332 Old 02-09-2015, 11:52 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRF View Post
Well I have had this screen up for about 250 hours after recalibrating a movie and sports mode on my projector.
In a nutshell...it produces an impressive picture. The low texture material produces a very wide viewing angle and very sharp picture.

Color Temperature:
Comparing Greyscale measurements taken directly from projector with those off the 4K screen, revealed a slightly "cooler" image. The earlier photos demonstrate the difference between the Carada Brilliant 1.4 with the Reference 4k. The Carada is definitely a "warmer" material. But any difference is well within the range of the calibration controls.

Viewing Angle:
I do not think it could get any better. You would almost have to be behind the screen the get a wider viewing angle. and even at extreme angles the picture and the colour is not distorted.

Sharpness:
Excellent. My projector has extremely good focus...not so good colour uniformity...but excellent focus and sharpness, and this 4K screen delivers the sharpest picture I have seen.
The Super Bowl picture detail was stunning, and every night it continues to impress.

Environment:
Here is the part of the review where I feel like a Concours car judge, and have to deliberately look for flaws in a near perfect automobile...

That excellent viewing angle and sharpness comes at a price, and that would be sensitivity to ambient light.
This screen excels in a light-controlled environment, and with a bit of planning, performs well in room with minor lighting.
Dark, neutral flat colours for walls, direct all accent lighting away from screen. I had no problem with having a pool game going on 10" from the screen during the Super bowl.

Noise:
It is definitely makes a bit more noise while retracting than lowering.
I have it installed in the worst possible scenario...mounted against a hollow wooden valance...but I would still have a hard time saying it was very quiet.
Perhaps some insulators for the mounts would help.
Would you recommend the Reference 4K over the Carada? Is it worth double the price of the Carada?

HD = Heaven
post #1328 of 1332 Old 02-09-2015, 12:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by sn1ffb0 View Post
Would you recommend the Reference 4K over the Carada? Is it worth double the price of the Carada?
Is this apples to apples? Does Carada make a motorized screen? I thought they only made "fixed frame" screens.

If you are looking for a fixed frame screen - - I believe Carada's Masquerade Masking System would be a very nice feature.

Home Theater Setup
Samsung UN65ES8000 LCD/LED
BenQ W1080ST Projector
Pioneer SC65 (Pre-Amp)
Wyred4Sound MMC-7 Channel Amplifier, 221wpc
OPPO 103, Directv GENIE
Darbee Darblet
ALL Paradigm - 7.1 - Studio 60's, V.2 (FL/FR)
CC-690, V.5 (C)
ADP 590 V.5 (SS)
MilleniaOne 2.0 (BS) - Velodyne 810 Sub
post #1329 of 1332 Old 02-09-2015, 01:12 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricoflashback View Post
Is this apples to apples? Does Carada make a motorized screen? I thought they only made "fixed frame" screens.

If you are looking for a fixed frame screen - - I believe Carada's Masquerade Masking System would be a very nice feature.
Elunevision does make a reference 4k fixed frame.

HD = Heaven
post #1330 of 1332 Old 02-10-2015, 06:21 PM
RRF

Quote:
Originally Posted by sn1ffb0 View Post
Not really a fair question ...especially since my reason for switching was driven by a Panny Plasma purchase and the need to switch to motorized.

So what you are really asking is, if I had to choose between the 2 materials (non-retractable screens) and they were the same price, which would I choose.

I would choose the 4K.
For what the 4K gives up in ambient light rejection over the 1.4 Gain Carada, it gives back with greater detail.

My room is light-controlled, dark paneling around screen area, screen is slightly recessed and shielded from adjacent accent lighting.
But it is a joint use room and not a bat-cave, so wall scones and narrow spots were carefully chosen to minimize affecting the viewing experience when they are required.
If your room's lighting is not as flexible, and an extra wide viewing area is not required, then a 1.4 Gain screen may be just the ticket..

It all comes down to assessing your viewing environment, and projector, then pick your screen.

Never under-estimate the power of a proper calibration either.
Correct Gamma settings, a little black velvet masking, and some lighting adjustments can make a big difference in your viewing experience.

Last edited by RRF; 02-10-2015 at 06:28 PM.
post #1331 of 1332 Old 02-12-2015, 10:39 PM

Hi, just a quick question for everyone on screen dimensions. I received my EV 4K tab-tensioned 106" from Costco and it appears the image dimensions are off. Advertised viewing dimensions of the screen are 52" high x 92" wide but my measurement of the screen height is a smidge over 52" but the width measurements are 92.75" on the bottom and 92.5" on the top. The reason for the discrepancy between top and bottom is that one side of the screen mask is not straight and curves out slightly at the bottom so the screen is in the process of being replaced by Costco. Even if the edge was straight though, that still puts it out by a half an inch. Surely the tolerances are a little tighter than that?

I'm absolutely loving the tack sharp image quality of the screen so no complaints there but the dimension being out are causing me problems trying to get the projector to fill the image area properly. (new Epson 3500) When I adjust the image to fit the sides of the screen then it is not fitting top and bottom. I.E. not quite perfectly 16/9. Is this normal and I'm just being fussy on this? Are you normally expected to have to overscan into the mask area? My understanding is that the material is "slightly" stretchy so is the tab-tensioning causing the stretched dimensions? (I haven't adjusted the tension at all as an FYI)

I had an inexpensive $300 Daiwa 106" pull down screen that had razor straight mask edges and was perfectly 16/9 so when the projector was lined up it barely had to be over-scanned. Guess I was spoiled by that and just assumed that should be the norm. Anyhoo, just curious and hopefully the replacement screen will be lined up a little better in the masking dimensions. Cheers!
post #1332 of 1332 Old Today, 08:40 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
EluneVision available in the USA!

Looking for EluneVision here in the good 'ol USA? Look no further - ProjectorScreen.com has just added EluneVision's Reference Series screens.

http://www.projectorscreen.com/elunevision

Hopefully we'll be getting our hands on some larger format surface samples shortly to send around to get some feedback. Anyone interested in checking them out?
Reply Screens

Tags
Projection Screens , Epson , Epson Emp Tw600 Replacement Projector Lamp Elplp35 V13h010l35
Gear in this thread - Tw600 by PriceGrabber.com