Forum Jump: 
post #1351 of 1352 Old 03-22-2015, 06:53 PM
Pip

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Regarding Elunevision's definition of opaque:

If you search the Elunevision threads you will find several references (including mine) to screen materials which they claim are opaque, but are not.

As Elunevision is apparently not interested in providing accurate opacity descriptions of their materials, it might be helpful if those of us with Elunevsion screens to post their exact screen materials and test for opacity.

I have the Vivid Pro Cinema White 2.4. Definitely not opaque. My screen has a TV and a mirror behind it. Plenty of light leaks through the screen, but not enough gets reflected back through to be visible.

Pip
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1352 of 1352 Unread Today, 12:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkz View Post
some tough crowd to please here.
My thoughts exactly. Amazing to me the things people will muck up the forum with sometimes.

Anyway, Eastporters has been nothing but responsive whenever I've had a question, and equally so when I placed my order a while back. A little over two years ago I bought the cheapo Cinema Grey pull-down for under a buck fifty. I only intended it as a stop gap measure since I wasn't sure if I'd be moving into a larger place at the time. I ended up staying where I was (and where I still am), and every so often I get the itch to look at all the pretty pictures of the Reference screen...but then I realize how damn good the little cheapo screen looks and I talk myself out of it. I've had a few cheapo screens here and there, but this material is just fantastic. Pretty great value.

That being said, I'm pretty sure one of these days I'll pull the trigger on the Ref 4k
Reply Screens

Tags
Projection Screens , Epson , Epson Emp Tw600 Replacement Projector Lamp Elplp35 V13h010l35
Gear in this thread - Tw600 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page