EluneVision screens - Page 46 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #1351 of 1362 Old 03-22-2015, 06:53 PM
Pip

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Regarding Elunevision's definition of opaque:

If you search the Elunevision threads you will find several references (including mine) to screen materials which they claim are opaque, but are not.

As Elunevision is apparently not interested in providing accurate opacity descriptions of their materials, it might be helpful if those of us with Elunevsion screens to post their exact screen materials and test for opacity.

I have the Vivid Pro Cinema White 2.4. Definitely not opaque. My screen has a TV and a mirror behind it. Plenty of light leaks through the screen, but not enough gets reflected back through to be visible.

Pip
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1352 of 1362 Old 03-26-2015, 12:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkz View Post
some tough crowd to please here.
My thoughts exactly. Amazing to me the things people will muck up the forum with sometimes.

Anyway, Eastporters has been nothing but responsive whenever I've had a question, and equally so when I placed my order a while back. A little over two years ago I bought the cheapo Cinema Grey pull-down for under a buck fifty. I only intended it as a stop gap measure since I wasn't sure if I'd be moving into a larger place at the time. I ended up staying where I was (and where I still am), and every so often I get the itch to look at all the pretty pictures of the Reference screen...but then I realize how damn good the little cheapo screen looks and I talk myself out of it. I've had a few cheapo screens here and there, but this material is just fantastic. Pretty great value.

That being said, I'm pretty sure one of these days I'll pull the trigger on the Ref 4k
post #1353 of 1362 Old 04-21-2015, 05:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Off-gasing is pretty bad on my Ref 4K. Anyone have a similar experience?

After a bit of time, I cont to enjoy the Ref 4k. I does offer a fine image with no detectable image grain. Longevity will be the key!
post #1354 of 1362 Old 04-21-2015, 06:16 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Mine had a strong plastic smell when new as well. It took about a month before the smell had gone. I have had the reference 4k screen for about two years now.

I watch a movie about every second night and it still looks very good. It has developed a small wrinkle of about 3" in the bottom left corner but it is not noticeable when viewing anything. I only notice it with the lights on and nothing being projected so it isn't really a problem. I didn't try to adjust it with the tab tension as I didn't want to risk making it worse (with my luck).
post #1355 of 1362 Old 04-22-2015, 08:35 PM
Pip

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
My Vivid-Pro Cinema White also has quite severe off gassing - even after six months. Mine doesn't smell like plastic. It's much more like a petroleum solvent.

Pip
post #1356 of 1362 Old 04-24-2015, 09:48 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfly85 View Post
Off-gasing is pretty bad on my Ref 4K. Anyone have a similar experience?

After a bit of time, I cont to enjoy the Ref 4k. I does offer a fine image with no detectable image grain. Longevity will be the key!
I installed an in-ceiling tab tensioned Ref 4k about 6 months ago and off gassing was noticeable for the first 2 months or so but is now fine.

If you've got a free hanging Ref 4k screen and get some occasional wrinkles near the bottom just lift the bottom weight bar with one hand and pull on one end of the screen slightly and you'll get a perfectly flat screen again.
post #1357 of 1362 Old 04-24-2015, 05:37 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Okay, I am going to have to try that. Thanks!
post #1358 of 1362 Old 04-27-2015, 10:41 AM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 11
After 3 weeks watching on the plain wall (which I'm quite satisfied), I'm still hesitant to get a screen. Costco is selling EluneVision Elara gain 1.2 at decent price, do you find that this screen is a significant upgrade over the white wall ?
post #1359 of 1362 Old 05-03-2015, 11:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I finally got my EluneVision Reference Studio 4K 100 screen assembled (white, 1.0 gain). Great picture, incredible how crisp everything looks. No hot spotting at all, very smooth surface, no texturing. This is a great value for anyone who wants a high quality screen without breaking the bank.
post #1360 of 1362 Old 05-04-2015, 12:18 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I just posted about this in a different thread about loch screens but thought it would be helpful to post this here. My apologies if I'm breaking any forum rules.

I was wondering if the cheaper elune screens could have the same manufacturer as the screens offered by Loch USA. The Loch high contrast gray material could be the same as Elune 1.1 Cinema Gray -- both screens have very similar product pictures, are manufactured in china, and have almost identical specs. The Elune, Graywolf, and Loch manual screen cases all appear to be identical. The remotes for the electric screens are the same design. I was in touch with a Elune representative about having their 1.1 Cinema Gray shipped to the US (they don't ship the cheaper manual screens here), and asked them if they shared a manufacturer with the loch screens, but the representative declined to answer. It would make sense that they wouldn't want to if it were true, given that the Loch screens are considerably less expensive.

Loch USA Remote Pic
ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71QHS4cbU%2BL._SL1500_.jpg

Elune Remote Pic
i.share.pho.to/98a14c67_o.jpeg
post #1361 of 1362 Old 07-02-2015, 08:39 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hi Moire

The Luna screen are not the same as Loch screens. Please see documentation here:

http://elunevision.com/luna-features.html

and here:

http://elunevision.com/luna.html

Thanks
Dave
post #1362 of 1362 Unread Today, 11:17 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Hi Dave,

Has Elunevision considered the introduction of a gray reference audioweave screen.

Thanks
Reply Screens

Tags
Projection Screens , Epson , Epson Emp Tw600 Replacement Projector Lamp Elplp35 V13h010l35
Gear in this thread - Tw600 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page