EluneVision screens - Page 47 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 9Likes

post #1381 of 1409 Old 04-02-2016, 04:31 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by darealgerk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lgilly View Post
Setup: Epson 5030UB in light controlled (blackout blinds, darker colour matte wall paint) and Roxul insulated basement over 9 feet viewing distance from screen with no keystone ceiling mount on a reference 1.0 gain 92" fixed framescreen. 7.1 in wall wiring and panelling in acoustically isolated closet with all AV equipment (to minimize any light bleed on screen)
That sounds almost exactly like my setup with a few small exceptions ... I have the 108" screen and no motorized blinds is I am in a dedicated HT room in the basement that's pitch black. Screen wall is black velveteen along with first 4 feet of the room (and soon to be most of the room once I find the time to install the rest of the velvet). I just bought my second Elunevision 1.0 reference fixed frame screen from them and with the my new 5030UB it looks fantastic. Haven't even calibrated yet (no sense until i finish the room and put some more hours on everything) and I'm already very happy with things are looking and sounding. I bought a bunch of my gear from them this time around including 6 new HT chairs.
What is your viewing distance to the 108" screen?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1382 of 1409 Old 04-02-2016, 03:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro6 View Post
this is a nice combo. with velvet dark curtains I am sure it will look even nicer.

from 92" screen just over 9 feet as recommended (I believe it is something like .84 x width of screen for optimal viewing distance, with less than 26 degree head angulation from seated position.
post #1383 of 1409 Old 04-21-2016, 06:42 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro6 View Post
The money seat is probably about 12' but with three rows it ranges from about 8' to 16' or so.
post #1384 of 1409 Old 04-29-2016, 10:04 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Got my 115" elunevision reference 4k fixed screen up the other day. Very happy with it, I went with the 5" frame and I am not disapointed. I was worried that I should have gone with the smaller frame and slightly larger viewing size, but after seeing my screen up on the wall, any doubt went a way.

Assembly was pretty easy, their instructions are not the best, but relatively easy to figure out. Stretching the material on the screen was not as difficult as I thought, but I had my father-in-law over to help, it would have been 100x harder to stretch it by myself.

Installing on the wall was pretty easy. There is a slight arc to one of the vertical frame rails, it pulls one corner off the wall about an inch, whcih vibrates when the subs go off. I'm going to buy some heavy duty velcro and stick the bottom of the side edges to the wall to stop the vibrations.

overall I am very pleased with the screen and it looks awesome!
post #1385 of 1409 Old 05-01-2016, 02:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 769 Post(s)
Liked: 205
Can any owners of the Reference Purebright 4K 240 screen material give me some feedback of what the screen is like in use?

The marketing blurb claims "no texturing, hot-spotting or sparkling". Is this true?

Has anyone compared this material to the older DaLite HP 2.8 directly?
post #1386 of 1409 Old 05-01-2016, 12:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wookii View Post
Can any owners of the Reference Purebright 4K 240 screen material give me some feedback of what the screen is like in use?

The marketing blurb claims "no texturing, hot-spotting or sparkling". Is this true?

Has anyone compared this material to the older DaLite HP 2.8 directly?
I have been using the Purebright for a few years now. I do not have any comparisons to the DaLite screen, but I can attest to the fact that the Purebright has no hot-spotting or sparkling. We have been very happy with the screen and the high gain allows us to play our games with lots of light in the room. Honestly, the only time we blackout the room now is when we watch dark stuff like Game of Thrones or some movies. Otherwise, we always have some lights on. I know the purists are probably cringing as they read this, but it works for us!
Chad B likes this.
post #1387 of 1409 Old 05-01-2016, 03:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 815 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsambuca View Post
I have been using the Purebright for a few years now. I do not have any comparisons to the DaLite screen, but I can attest to the fact that the Purebright has no hot-spotting or sparkling.
How wide is the viewing angle that provides the high gain?
post #1388 of 1409 Old 05-06-2016, 01:17 PM
AVS Special Member

We have a relatively long and narrow room, so all of our seats are inside of the edges of the screen. Within these angles, there is no discernible drop-off in gain.
post #1389 of 1409 Old 05-07-2016, 11:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 815 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Quote:
We have a relatively long and narrow room, so all of our seats are inside of the edges of the screen. Within these angles, there is no discernible drop-off in gain.
When I had an ALR screen, the gain fell from 1.5 near the centre of screen, to 0.75 near the edges of the screen, when viewed from the optimal seating position. Visually, the falloff was not that noticeable.

However, when I place some plain white paper at the centre and at the edge for comparison, it became immediately obvious - the screen is brighter than the paper at the centre, and dimmer than the paper at the edges.

Last edited by Dominic Chan; 05-07-2016 at 11:44 AM.
post #1390 of 1409 Old 05-07-2016, 12:54 PM
AVS Special Member

My screen doesn't have that drastic a drop-off at all. That was the first thing I looked for when we put it up - we certainly can't see any change from centre to the sides. If you sit at an extreme angle (ie. more than 60 degrees), it is definitely not as bright, but somehow the dimness seems relatively uniform across the entire screen. Not sure how that works, but that is how it seemed to us when viewing some calibration images.
post #1391 of 1409 Old 08-09-2016, 06:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Liked: 91
As an owner of Elunevision Reference Studio 4K Tab-Tensioned screen I'd like to express my dismay with this company. They're not being quite honest regarding the branding of their screens. Both fixed and tab-tensioned versions of Reference Studio 4K screens are called the same and being positioned as completely textureless screens. But my screen has slight sparkling and the texture could be seen on camera pans on a bright solid-colored backgrounds: Screen-Tech screens

Seegs has just confirmed that their fixed screens are indeed can be deemed textureless: LED projectors

The different screen materials should be branded differently. It should be clear that with the comfort of the tab-tensioned screens also comes drawbacks such as slightly more visible screen texture. For some it might not be an issue at all but for some it might be a reason to continue the search.
DavidHir likes this.
post #1392 of 1409 Old 08-09-2016, 07:22 AM

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Got my Reference 4K fixed screen (108") installed/setup last weekend. Installation was a pretty straight forward by myself; I did mount the frame with no screen material to double check everything was square and straight. Stretching the screen wasn't bad at all with one person either.

Screen itself looks incredible and probably something I should have purchased a while ago but I cheaped out and did first a DIY (blackout material) then an inexpensive Draper.

On the Elunevision, the frame is a 4 piece that in extremely heavy duty aluminum; the top/bottom/side rails are all one piece so no concerns about sagging over time. They even included a soft drop cloth bigger than the finished screen with which to build it on and protect the screen.

Overall I'm very pleased with the screen; I see no hot spotting, no sparkles of any kind and just a great overall picture with a very wide viewing angle. Highly recommended screen and if you are in Canada, give Eastporters a call; those guys are amazing to work with!
post #1393 of 1409 Old 08-17-2016, 11:25 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
How far away is your projector from the screen? I am considering a PureBright 2.4 but my projector is only 10 feet away from the wall. Will this cause a problem with hot spotting?
post #1394 of 1409 Old 08-19-2016, 09:48 PM
Pip

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by acmeavs View Post
How far away is your projector from the screen? I am considering a PureBright 2.4 but my projector is only 10 feet away from the wall. Will this cause a problem with hot spotting?
I believe the PureBright 2.4 is retroreflective. Retroreflective screens do not hot spot unless the viewer is extremely close to the screen - perhaps three feet or less.

Pip
post #1395 of 1409 Old 08-26-2016, 12:10 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 10
how does one get a sample of the elunevision reference purebright 4k 240 screen?
I emailed them and they said they do not give out samples.
post #1396 of 1409 Old 09-01-2016, 12:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 549 Post(s)
Liked: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstosity12 View Post
how does one get a sample of the elunevision reference purebright 4k 240 screen? I emailed them and they said they do not give out samples.
When I asked about this, EluneVision GM Dave Hao explained that their Reference PureBright 4K 240 material had been discontinued by the manufacturer. They would send samples if they had them, but they don't.

I've been told that this is the same material that Da-Lite sold as the High Power 2.4. EluneVision still has a few PureBright 4K 240 screens in stock (125" and 135" diag 16x9 fixed frame models). I miss my old HP which was outstanding for 3D, so I decided to order one of EluneVision's last two 135" PureBright 4K 240 screens before they're gone. Fingers crossed that it arrives in good shape...
post #1397 of 1409 Old 09-01-2016, 06:10 AM

Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 53
I've had a motorized 112" Reference screen for 5 years and love it. I'm looking and thinking of getting a 2:35 AT, but as far as I can tell, these are only fixed frame screens. The reason I have a motorized screen is that I have an electric panel behind it on the wall. My question is, can I hang a fixed screen with chains or something from the ceiling so I can just lift and go behind it when I want ? I know this is a strange question, but that's the only space I have.

JVC DLA-400RS, Elunevision 112" Reference screen, Marantz AV8802a Pre/Pro, Samsung UBD-K8500 UHD player, NAD M25 amp, Anthem PVA-4, 4x Paradigm CI Elite E80-R ceiling speakers, Paradigm Studio 60 v5, Paradigm Studio 20 v5, Paradigm Prestige 15B, Paradigm Studio CC-690 v5, Paradigm Studio Sub12 X 2, Oppo bdp-93, Richard Gray 1200c Custom power conditioner.
post #1398 of 1409 Old 09-01-2016, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gates View Post
I've had a motorized 112" Reference screen for 5 years and love it. I'm looking and thinking of getting a 2:35 AT, but as far as I can tell, these are only fixed frame screens. The reason I have a motorized screen is that I have an electric panel behind it on the wall. My question is, can I hang a fixed screen with chains or something from the ceiling so I can just lift and go behind it when I want ? I know this is a strange question, but that's the only space I have.
Personally I wouldn't. The reason being is that there is nothing supporting the material behind the screen itself other than the tension of the stretched screen. I would be worried about damaging it.

I can't imagine you go into the panel very often? The screen hangs like a picture frame so it is pretty easy to mount/unmount when required and thats what I would do. If you need clearance to clear the panel, just mount the screen on some blocks mounted to the wall.
post #1399 of 1409 Old 09-01-2016, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianMac View Post
Personally I wouldn't. The reason being is that there is nothing supporting the material behind the screen itself other than the tension of the stretched screen. I would be worried about damaging it.

I can't imagine you go into the panel very often? The screen hangs like a picture frame so it is pretty easy to mount/unmount when required and thats what I would do. If you need clearance to clear the panel, just mount the screen on some blocks mounted to the wall.

Thanks for the information! The blocks and hanging picture style sound great but not sure it would work. I was thinking initially when I said hanging from ceiling, to put an AT screen so I can put the speakers behind and have the biggest possible screen for my room. Here are before and after pics of what I have. Not sure I could put a block on the right .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1917205_348721680542_7787862_n.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	1635913   Click image for larger version

Name:	621060_10152010429145543_1377781677_o.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	110.5 KB
ID:	1635921  

JVC DLA-400RS, Elunevision 112" Reference screen, Marantz AV8802a Pre/Pro, Samsung UBD-K8500 UHD player, NAD M25 amp, Anthem PVA-4, 4x Paradigm CI Elite E80-R ceiling speakers, Paradigm Studio 60 v5, Paradigm Studio 20 v5, Paradigm Prestige 15B, Paradigm Studio CC-690 v5, Paradigm Studio Sub12 X 2, Oppo bdp-93, Richard Gray 1200c Custom power conditioner.
post #1400 of 1409 Old 09-01-2016, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gates View Post
Thanks for the information! The blocks and hanging picture style sound great but not sure it would work. I was thinking initially when I said hanging from ceiling, to put an AT screen so I can put the speakers behind and have the biggest possible screen for my room. Here are before and after pics of what I have. Not sure I could put a block on the right .
The only thing I could think would be to build the block out from the right wall as opposed to the back wall. Just build a little frame and paint it the same colour as the walls?

I did much the same as I had a jut out on one side that had some plumbing running in so my screen if on a kind of floating mount 14" out from the back wall.
post #1401 of 1409 Old 09-01-2016, 07:30 PM

Quote:
The only thing I could think would be to build the block out from the right wall as opposed to the back wall. Just build a little frame and paint it the same colour as the walls?

I did much the same as I had a jut out on one side that had some plumbing running in so my screen if on a kind of floating mount 14" out from the back wall.
Thanks for the help, I will keep all that in mind and make a decision. You've been very helpful.

post #1402 of 1409 Old 09-02-2016, 07:41 AM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:

Would you have a pic of how you did it? I have a pipe running a ft away and a ft in from my wall which takes away 1x1 ft from my wall. Once basement is finished i was thinking to mount my screen floating and would like to get ideas of how to do it. One end will rest on that wall. A pic for reference

post #1403 of 1409 Old 09-02-2016, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by busybe View Post
Would you have a pic of how you did it? I have a pipe running a ft away and a ft in from my wall which takes away 1x1 ft from my wall. Once basement is finished i was thinking to mount my screen floating and would like to get ideas of how to do it. One end will rest on that wall. A pic for reference
I'll try and get some shots up this weekend and show you what I did.
post #1404 of 1409 Old 09-04-2016, 08:01 PM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
I'll try and get some shots up this weekend and show you what I did.
ok, thanks
post #1405 of 1409 Old 09-05-2016, 09:44 PM

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 18
hello i have an elune vision ref studio 4k tab tensioned.The screen looks good but is not 0 texture like advertise. I cant notice the texture while wathing, but they should not advertise as 0 texture.main problem is that the white viewing area has tab tensioned curve, so my image never fills the screen properly. Also the back lf the screen is nt black so Im wondering if that causes light or contrast leak. Can can it be painted black and would that improve the image? i have an epson 5040ub.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160904_143003_1473137047274.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	1645489   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160904_142841_1473137058039.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	1645497   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160904_142648_1473137068421.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	1645505   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160904_142910_1473137080486.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	1645513  
post #1406 of 1409 Old 09-06-2016, 03:27 PM

anyone else wjith the same issue Im having on the white viewing area of the tab tensioned not being straight?
post #1407 of 1409 Old 09-08-2016, 05:39 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by canillo View Post
anyone else wjith the same issue Im having on the white viewing area of the tab tensioned not being straight?
Is the flare only on the bottom? I got that as well. What I did to reduce it is this. Bring the screen down. Then with one hand, lift up one side of the screen slightly to relieve the tension. 1" will do. Then with the other hand pinch the screen by wrapping your hand around the metal bottom part. My hands were just big enough to reach. Now, starting from the end of the screen where the string is, gently move (by rubbing) towards the center of the screen. Never force too much, but the idea is to try to pull the bottom of the screen in a little to straighten the line. As you do this, the screen may ripple a little around your fingers. Again, never force too much, just rub. The screen is very delicate. Do this as far as your arm will take you. Repeat several times. Then do the other side. I did this every time I brought the screen down. Eventually the flare was reduced enough that I didn't notice notice anymore. My theory is that when the screen was pinched onto the bottom rail, it may have been stretched a little too much and I am pushing it back. Don't do it if you think it will damage the screen. Good luck.

-Tony
post #1408 of 1409 Old 09-08-2016, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disto View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by canillo View Post
Is the flare only on the bottom? I got that as well. What I did to reduce it is this. Bring the screen down. Then with one hand, lift up one side of the screen slightly to relieve the tension. 1" will do. Then with the other hand pinch the screen by wrapping your hand around the metal bottom part. My hands were just big enough to reach. Now, starting from the end of the screen where the string is, gently move (by rubbing) towards the center of the screen. Never force too much, but the idea is to try to pull the bottom of the screen in a little to straighten the line. As you do this, the screen may ripple a little around your fingers. Again, never force too much, just rub. The screen is very delicate. Do this as far as your arm will take you. Repeat several times. Then do the other side. I did this every time I brought the screen down. Eventually the flare was reduced enough that I didn't notice notice anymore. My theory is that when the screen was pinched onto the bottom rail, it may have been stretched a little too much and I am pushing it back. Don't do it if you think it will damage the screen. Good luck.
I think I have an idea of what you mean, but do not quite underatand the way you did it. any way we can share emails or info maybe you can help me out with pics or something.
Thank you!!!!
post #1409 of 1409 Old Today, 06:28 PM

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Quote:
Got my Reference 4K fixed screen (108") installed/setup last weekend.
Can you post some pics please? This is the exact size/model I'm looking to get too.

Had a 5030UB waiting for 5040UB | 106" EluneVision Screen | Paradigm Cinema 100 CT cinema speakers | Yamaha RX-V681 receiver
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Screens

Tags
Projection Screens , Epson , Epson Emp Tw600 Replacement Projector Lamp Elplp35 V13h010l35
Gear in this thread