EluneVision screens - Page 48 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 10Likes

post #1411 of 1426 Old 10-30-2016, 07:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 585 Post(s)
Liked: 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondercarrot View Post
Hi! I was hoping you would be able to tell how this screen has worked for you?!? I am in the same position and have been looking for a replacement for my Dalite HP 2.4 ever since I over aggressively cleaned it a couple years back.
This looks like my last chance, they have one 135" left. It's calling my name
Was hoping you could tell me if it really is exactly like the the 2.4 HP! Or anything relevant about the quality?
Thanks!
I got my 135" EluneVision Reference PureBright 240 screen a couple weeks ago. Yes, it's the exact same fabric as the HP 2.4. I posted some comparison pics of the PureBright material with HP 2.4 and HP 2.8 samples in the High Power thread:
HIGH POWER a Review! Part 1

I did have a problem with the screen. The rods that are needed to attach the fabric to the frame weren't included with the screen. After I notified EluneVision Customer Support, they shipped those out without any fuss. While it was frustrating having to wait longer than expected to install the screen, I'm happy with the way EluneVision responded to my support request.

The new screen looks great! There were no defects or problems with the fabric. I'm happy to have another High Power 2.4 back in my HT, even if it does have an EluneVision badge on it!

Last edited by henrich3; 10-30-2016 at 07:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1412 of 1426 Old 11-06-2016, 06:36 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 19
What makes the Elunevision Nanoedge worth 1500.00 more that an SI Zero Edge screen?

I would have to go with a name brand screen like SI over the Elunevision at the same price point.

Last edited by blkz06; 11-06-2016 at 06:43 AM.
post #1413 of 1426 Old 11-08-2016, 07:32 AM

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Sorry new to home theaters. Whats the pros and cons of getting LED lights on the screen? I'm also looking at the Elunevision Nanoedge. i have picked up the JVC DLA-X550RB and just deciding on the screen still. My room is 17' x 24' with no windows.

post #1414 of 1426 Old 11-08-2016, 07:41 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quoted: 490 Post(s)
Liked: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkz06 View Post
What makes the Elunevision Nanoedge worth 1500.00 more that an SI Zero Edge screen?

I would have to go with a name brand screen like SI over the Elunevision at the same price point.
Have they released pricing on the new Aurora yet? I still seems to be "coming soon" per their website.

Though they did change the specs page. If you pay close enough attention, after the screen size there's a dash followed by 1.3, which I'm guessing is the gain.

Either way, you should get screen samples to compare them. A lot of reviews on the SI (I'm assuming you're looking at the Black Diamond series) screens say there is noticeable sparkle/shimmer due to the high gain optical coating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncabw View Post
Sorry new to home theaters. Whats the pros and cons of getting LED lights on the screen? I'm also looking at the Elunevision Nanoedge. i have picked up the JVC DLA-X550RB and just deciding on the screen still. My room is 17' x 24' with no windows.
I believe it's for bias lighting. It helps with perceived contrast. But I think that's for rooms with ambient lights. Not a light controlled room like yours.

Though it's also used for the wow effect. Looks pretty cool when you walk into a room and the screen is back-lit.

It comes standard on the Elunevision Aurora Nano-edge. It's an option (expensive) on the SI screens.

It can always be added on your own for under $200 if you modify the screen frame.
post #1415 of 1426 Old 11-14-2016, 07:43 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi there,

Been a while since I posted on the forum but I should receive a 120" motorized tab-tensioned version of the Aurora screen in a few weeks. Was very interested in the PureBright screen but my setup doesn't permit a fixed frame screen. Would be happy to post pictures once I get it. Correct me if I'm wrong but I seem to remember that posting prices is not allowed on the forum.
post #1416 of 1426 Old 02-15-2017, 12:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Thought I'd add my 2 cents worth after picking up an Elunevision Luna 128" Cinegray 1.1 this past weekend.
Epson Home Cinema 1440, life after plasma

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob80b View Post
With Eastporters/Elunevision literally just 30 minutes down the QEW, took Saturday afternoon off to check out their screens and settled on the 128" Luna High-Definition-Cinema-Grey-1.1 motorized, to max out my 2:35 . With a helping hand installation was fairly straight forward, set the wall supports 30" in from each end, placed the screen into place, plugged it in, reset the included remote, adjusted for size and away we go...at my age why make life difficult.
http://www.eastporters.com/product/1...n-cinema-grey/
Haven't really checked it in the day but at night the Epson 1440/ CineGrey combo IMHO works great, tones down the reflective output a bit and adds a helping hand for blacks and contrast which gives fairly decent, actually very good shadow detail.

Quote:
Now you see it.

Now you don't.
Quote:
First decent snow fall in TO so a fair amount of reflected light during the day through my opaque blinds ..... haven't really set the alignment for 16:9 but a quick and dirty gives me fairly good idea ...(should change that bluray disc though...lol..)

post #1417 of 1426 Old 03-20-2017, 11:21 AM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Just setup our 135" ElunaVision Reference 4K Slim frame and I have to say; going from an Elite to this screen has been a pretty big upgrade! Really enjoying it thus far. We watch Arrival this weekend and it looked fantastic. We are so close to the screen it feels like Imax

Chris at Eastporters was great to deal with. Ran into a few issues during the install and he was very helpful. We had some creases in the screen but over a couple of days they completely disappeared.

post #1418 of 1426 Old 03-20-2017, 12:40 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sibze View Post
Just setup our 135" ElunaVision Reference 4K Slim frame and I have to say; going from an Elite to this screen has been a pretty big upgrade! Really enjoying it thus far. We watch Arrival this weekend and it looked fantastic. We are so close to the screen it feels like Imax

Chris at Eastporters was great to deal with. Ran into a few issues during the install and he was very helpful. We had some creases in the screen but over a couple of days they completely disappeared.
If you black out those walls it will make a HUGE impact with these reference screens. With your room layout you could probably do it relatively inexpensively with something like black velvet blackout curtains, at least for the front portion of the room. I did this in my old setup and I think I paid just over $20 per set of curtains, for < $100 I did 4 sets + all the hardware needed to hang them. In my new HT setup I've done the front half of my room with black velvet (walls and ceiling) to keep the reflected light to a minimum and you can really notice the difference.
post #1419 of 1426 Old 03-20-2017, 01:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 298 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sibze View Post

Very nice. I hung my 115" this weekend. Love it. One question the mounts that slide in at the top are they supposed to stick out from the screen? And also how many of the sliding mounts did you use? Only at the top? thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2175.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	159.6 KB
ID:	2039121  

Last edited by keeper; 03-20-2017 at 04:15 PM.
post #1420 of 1426 Old 03-20-2017, 04:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 298 Post(s)
Also, as I have read in a few other posts about the fixed frame screen my screen is sticking out from the wall on bottom left about 3/4 of an inch. How did you guys fix this issue? I also have some discoloration on my fabric in a small area. Almost like not enough was put on or it rubbed against something. You really can't see it until you get close but it is a bit lighter than the rest of the fabric.
post #1421 of 1426 Old 03-21-2017, 09:41 AM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by keeper View Post
Also, as I have read in a few other posts about the fixed frame screen my screen is sticking out from the wall on bottom left about 3/4 of an inch. How did you guys fix this issue? I also have some discoloration on my fabric in a small area. Almost like not enough was put on or it rubbed against something. You really can't see it until you get close but it is a bit lighter than the rest of the fabric.
Interesting, I would be contacting who you bought it from. I have neither of the issues that you do. We had an issue with the felt on the inside of the frame but once it was up, you couldn't see it.
post #1422 of 1426 Old 03-27-2017, 10:23 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi All,

I'm interested in EluneVision screens, particularly the In Ceiling 2.35.1 w/ AT screen. Has anyone have any experience with this screen? Everything I searched is years old.

Thanks
post #1423 of 1426 Old 03-30-2017, 12:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 360 Post(s)
Liked: 107
Does anyone have any experience or read reviews for the Elunevision Cinema White, 1.2 gain?
post #1424 of 1426 Old 04-15-2017, 09:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 299 Post(s)
Any owner can advise how's the Reference PureBright 4K 2.4 Gain screen material feels like? is it feels as soft as cloth/fabric or slightly harder like PVC/ vinyl material?
post #1425 of 1426 Old 04-20-2017, 08:14 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Does anyone have experience with the Elunevision Juno screen? It appears to be the budget version of the Luna, but I haven't come across any user reviews of this screen since they released it.
post #1426 of 1426 Old 08-07-2017, 07:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 1297 Post(s)
Liked: 1002
Hey guys, I'm about to buy my first PJ screen and I can fit EluneVision Reference Studio 4K Tab-Tensioned motorized screens 92" or probably 100".

Anyone have this one? It is really flat as they said? Also few guys telling me to get Stewart Neve or Tiburon for my livingroom room. Anybody can compare those vs EluneVision?

Thanks

Denon X6200W
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RB-81II's, RS-62II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses, Emotiva XPA-200
Sony XBR65X930E , Oppo 203
Projector and scren shopping now :D
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Screens

Tags
Projection Screens , Epson , Epson Emp Tw600 Replacement Projector Lamp Elplp35 V13h010l35

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page