EluneVision screens - Page 48 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 9Likes

post #1411 of 1415 Old 10-30-2016, 08:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 568 Post(s)
Liked: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondercarrot View Post
Hi! I was hoping you would be able to tell how this screen has worked for you?!? I am in the same position and have been looking for a replacement for my Dalite HP 2.4 ever since I over aggressively cleaned it a couple years back.
This looks like my last chance, they have one 135" left. It's calling my name
Was hoping you could tell me if it really is exactly like the the 2.4 HP! Or anything relevant about the quality?
Thanks!
I got my 135" EluneVision Reference PureBright 240 screen a couple weeks ago. Yes, it's the exact same fabric as the HP 2.4. I posted some comparison pics of the PureBright material with HP 2.4 and HP 2.8 samples in the High Power thread:
HIGH POWER a Review! Part 1

I did have a problem with the screen. The rods that are needed to attach the fabric to the frame weren't included with the screen. After I notified EluneVision Customer Support, they shipped those out without any fuss. While it was frustrating having to wait longer than expected to install the screen, I'm happy with the way EluneVision responded to my support request.

The new screen looks great! There were no defects or problems with the fabric. I'm happy to have another High Power 2.4 back in my HT, even if it does have an EluneVision badge on it!

Last edited by henrich3; 10-30-2016 at 08:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1412 of 1415 Old 11-06-2016, 07:36 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 12
What makes the Elunevision Nanoedge worth 1500.00 more that an SI Zero Edge screen?

I would have to go with a name brand screen like SI over the Elunevision at the same price point.

Last edited by blkz06; 11-06-2016 at 07:43 AM.
post #1413 of 1415 Old 11-08-2016, 08:32 AM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Sorry new to home theaters. Whats the pros and cons of getting LED lights on the screen? I'm also looking at the Elunevision Nanoedge. i have picked up the JVC DLA-X550RB and just deciding on the screen still. My room is 17' x 24' with no windows.
post #1414 of 1415 Old 11-08-2016, 08:41 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkz06 View Post
What makes the Elunevision Nanoedge worth 1500.00 more that an SI Zero Edge screen?

I would have to go with a name brand screen like SI over the Elunevision at the same price point.
Have they released pricing on the new Aurora yet? I still seems to be "coming soon" per their website.

Though they did change the specs page. If you pay close enough attention, after the screen size there's a dash followed by 1.3, which I'm guessing is the gain.

Either way, you should get screen samples to compare them. A lot of reviews on the SI (I'm assuming you're looking at the Black Diamond series) screens say there is noticeable sparkle/shimmer due to the high gain optical coating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncabw View Post
Sorry new to home theaters. Whats the pros and cons of getting LED lights on the screen? I'm also looking at the Elunevision Nanoedge. i have picked up the JVC DLA-X550RB and just deciding on the screen still. My room is 17' x 24' with no windows.
I believe it's for bias lighting. It helps with perceived contrast. But I think that's for rooms with ambient lights. Not a light controlled room like yours.

Though it's also used for the wow effect. Looks pretty cool when you walk into a room and the screen is back-lit.

It comes standard on the Elunevision Aurora Nano-edge. It's an option (expensive) on the SI screens.

It can always be added on your own for under $200 if you modify the screen frame.
post #1415 of 1415 Old 11-14-2016, 08:43 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi there,

Been a while since I posted on the forum but I should receive a 120" motorized tab-tensioned version of the Aurora screen in a few weeks. Was very interested in the PureBright screen but my setup doesn't permit a fixed frame screen. Would be happy to post pictures once I get it. Correct me if I'm wrong but I seem to remember that posting prices is not allowed on the forum.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Screens

Tags
Projection Screens , Epson , Epson Emp Tw600 Replacement Projector Lamp Elplp35 V13h010l35
Gear in this thread