Richvision Projector Screen (motor) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 10 Old 07-13-2006, 08:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Has anyone heard or seen of this company RichVisionand the screen they make? Please let me know because I am thinking about purchasing one soon. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 07-13-2006, 09:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyindallas View Post

Has anyone heard or seen of this company RichVisionand the screen they make? Please let me know because I am thinking about purchasing one soon. Thanks

I don't know anything about them but this is what google said.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=658412

http://www.digitalhomecanada.com/for...ad.php?t=39221

http://www.cjymc.com.cn/ecpzs2.html

Bud

post #3 of 10 Old 07-20-2006, 03:20 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you for the research information about RichVision. I received my screen and the motorized part is not working. I called the owner and he said I need to use a voltage meter to test all the wires to figure out the problem. I will let everyone know if the owner assists me in getting it to work. It really sounded like he expected it to work so maybe it is not a scam. If the motor would have worked I would have been very happy with the RichVision motorized screen. For now, I am very dissatisfied. I will keep everyone posted on this situation.
post #4 of 10 Old 07-28-2006, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyindallas View Post

Thank you for the research information about RichVision. I received my screen and the motorized part is not working. I called the owner and he said I need to use a voltage meter to test all the wires to figure out the problem. I will let everyone know if the owner assists me in getting it to work. It really sounded like he expected it to work so maybe it is not a scam. If the motor would have worked I would have been very happy with the RichVision motorized screen. For now, I am very dissatisfied. I will keep everyone posted on this situation.

I bought the same screen from the same user on ebay about 3 weeks ago and still have not got it working right.

Since day 1 I too have had problems with the screen, the controller/limit switchs don't seem to work. No matter what button i press, the screen goes down, it barely goes up. I called the seller and he agreed to send me a new controller and limit switch. After installing the new parts, still same problem. The screen has come out completely twice since. Even though the screen hits the limit switch and stops going down, when i press the up button. it goes down again. I AM REALLY TIRED OF MESSING WITH THIS. Anyone have any suggestions to help me get this working.

Thanks in advance
post #5 of 10 Old 11-29-2006, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickyvr6 View Post

I bought the same screen from the same user on ebay about 3 weeks ago and still have not got it working right.

Since day 1 I too have had problems with the screen, the controller/limit switchs don't seem to work. No matter what button i press, the screen goes down, it barely goes up. I called the seller and he agreed to send me a new controller and limit switch. After installing the new parts, still same problem. The screen has come out completely twice since. Even though the screen hits the limit switch and stops going down, when i press the up button. it goes down again. I AM REALLY TIRED OF MESSING WITH THIS. Anyone have any suggestions to help me get this working.

Thanks in advance

hi

was wondering whether you were able to resolve this issue. I just won an auction for one of these and am worried it will give me trouble like yours.
post #6 of 10 Old 11-29-2006, 10:37 AM

The problem with these screens are the switches in the wired remote box. They usually bad or too sensitive. If one of them shorted the screen just goes up or down even after the end position switch kicks in. Replace the switch and everything works fine.
post #7 of 10 Old 01-06-2007, 09:55 PM

I have been having the same problems with the Richmond screen. The wires in mine fell out of the casing and then rolled around the screen as it rolled up. This pulled the wires loose and then shorted out the control box. I emailed the person I ebay and they sent me a new control box. However, I am unsure of what wires go with what? On the control box I have a yellow, blue, black and copper wires. However, on the screen all the wires are blue. Not sure what goes together. Has anyone experienced rewiring the new control box on? I would greatly appreciate any suggestions as I cannot find an electrician that is willing to work on it and I cannot find a diagram on the web. The box I have is a B-433 110 Volt VAC/3A 50 Hz. Thanks!!
post #8 of 10 Old 01-06-2007, 09:58 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I have this screen too, the screen quality sucks ass, I'm gonna buy a better one next week.
post #9 of 10 Old 07-13-2007, 06:13 PM

Received the 120" Richvision motorized screen for Ebay and installed it last night. The screen goes down but does not go up. Right now it's stuck in the down position. Just emailed the seller - will advise on outcome. Not very satisfied based on initial experience. Item was well packed but directions could be much improved.

Found the manufacturers site but that offered no help at all. Wish I had checked this site out prior to purchasing the screen but have not given up hope yet.
post #10 of 10 Old 04-19-2014, 10:38 PM

Our Church has an 120' 16:9 automatic screen with remote by RichVision... Been using it for 5 years and it is wonderful. The internet, Blue Ray, DVD, television (HD or Digital), VCR, and playstation / X-box games and concerts all look great on the screen.

Reply Screens

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page