Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangc View Post

Hi all,

My PT-AX100 will be here tomorrow.

I will try to do some before and after pics to show the difference in performance between my Sony HS51 and new PT-AX100 under the same conditions, ambient light, and camera f-stop and shutter speed.

Hey Dan,

How's the new projector? Does it help the BF at all? Would love to see some snapshots.

~D~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 154 Old 10-07-2006, 01:50 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogllama View Post

Hey Dan,

How's the new projector? Does it help the BF at all? Would love to see some snapshots.

~D~

My early reports are that the higher lumens makes a huge difference in ambient light performance on this screen. I am now able to do what I had originally hoped to do when I first looked into the BFLF screen. I can watch a 122" screen with all four of my track lights on in the room. The picture is bright, vibrant, with good color.

Other positives about the AX100, smooth screen with very sharp picture. Theater modes add filter to enhance black levels and improve color balance for dark room movie watching. Living room modes remove filter to provide for a bright picture in ambient light.

One disappointment is that once you ceiling mount the projector the fan noise does increase to a noticeable point for me....But maybe I just need to get used to the new sound of this projector.

Bright vivid picture is addictive though.
post #93 of 154 Old 10-10-2006, 04:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangc View Post

My early reports are that the higher lumens makes a huge difference in ambient light performance on this screen.

Higher lumens will make a differance in ambient light on any screen.

"The only reason you're still conscious is because I don't want to carry you" - Jack Bauer
post #94 of 154 Old 10-12-2006, 10:17 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglyle View Post

Higher lumens will make a differance in ambient light on any screen.

Absolutely it will! It is funny really, over here I get people telling me it is the lumens and in the projector forums they say that the screen is what makes the biggest difference for ambient light performance when talking about this projector.

I say that what really makes the difference is lumens combined with a screen that has some ambient light rejection. I will try to do some comparisons but I am sure that this screen will provide better blacks, and richer color that is not washed out compared to the average mat white screen. Compared to the average grey screen well I don't know and I don't really care, why because I spent less than the average commercial high contrast fixed screen and the picture is fantastic!
post #95 of 154 Old 10-22-2006, 06:16 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 15
A few more pics:

post #96 of 154 Old 10-23-2006, 04:53 PM
Advanced Member

Awesome screen!
post #97 of 154 Old 10-27-2006, 03:42 PM
Advanced Member

Few interesting pics over here near the end of page 3:
http://www.lumenlab.com/forums/index...ic=13897&st=40

To me it seems the mix is no better than the grey wall?? Anyone else see it as better? I'm rather suprised how poorly it is showing compare to some other pics that have been posted of similar screens.
post #98 of 154 Old 10-27-2006, 03:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by schooner2000 View Post

Few interesting pics over here near the end of page 3:
http://www.lumenlab.com/forums/index...ic=13897&st=40

To me it seems the mix is no better than the grey wall?? Anyone else see it as better? I'm rather suprised how poorly it is showing compare to some other pics that have been posted of similar screens.

Yeah, I asked that question over there today. I asked if there was a greater difference in person because when looking at the picture it doesn't look better than the wall.

"220. 221. Whatever it takes."
XBOX360 GamerTag: BoomerBrian
BoomerBrian's Killer HT on a Shoestring Budget!
post #99 of 154 Old 10-27-2006, 03:59 PM
Advanced Member

I've seen various pics of this mix and it seems to vary greatly, make one wonder if its the conditions and projector more so than the mix itself. And it is rare that we see a side by side comparison of it with anything until these pics.

Perhaps we could chip in some $ and buy a sample for tiddler to use for his comparison pics...
post #100 of 154 Old 10-28-2006, 11:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 17
the user at lumenlabs says his screen is better than his light grey wall. so if you discount that he says his screen is brighter, has greater contrast, and is visually more dimensional that his grey wall... both of which are in front of him at the same time... then you can pick apart his screen shot. actually the color of his grey wall is darker than his screen, so the image on the wall should be darker than they image on the screen... but that is not the case which means the screen is performing adequately for a DIY projector that's pushing a max a whole 150 lumens (if that...)

the user has maxxmudd screen with about 1/2 an ounce of colorant in it... hence the screen is very light in color. truth is, at 150 lumens the metallics are very inefficient which is what a maxxmudd is all about.

of course with the image he used you'd be hard press to find much of difference in ANY screen. but since we have no real frame of reference... i will have to take the user's word for it. he is happy with his upgrade and that's really the spirit of diy.
post #101 of 154 Old 10-28-2006, 03:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb_maxxx View Post

the user at lumenlabs says his screen is better than his light grey wall.

????? Looks the same to me.

"220. 221. Whatever it takes."
XBOX360 GamerTag: BoomerBrian
BoomerBrian's Killer HT on a Shoestring Budget!
post #102 of 154 Old 10-28-2006, 03:14 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerBrian View Post

????? Looks the same to me.

Me too. Perhaps pb or mm can post a direct comparision of the same image projected onto two materials, even an UPW or BOC sample jsut so we can see the difference...
post #103 of 154 Old 10-28-2006, 03:43 PM
AVS Special Member

other than the user's poor screenshot... it's funny to see how easy it is to discredit what the user says... even though he has no reason to lie about what he see's in front of him... as he is the only one with a true frame of reference.

surely you have seen the images that i've posted with comparison to parkland polywall.

they are on the first page of the deltamoon project.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...&&#post8387127
post #104 of 154 Old 10-28-2006, 03:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

surely you have seen the images that i've posted with comparison to parkland polywall.

I see no pics there now, can you repost them?
Are they a single image showing both materials in a single shot from one projected image?
post #105 of 154 Old 10-28-2006, 05:10 PM
AVS Special Member

it appears the hosting service the pics reside on is currently down...

and yes, they are of the same screen shot, with two different screens compared, and projected at the exact time.
post #106 of 154 Old 10-28-2006, 06:02 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:

other than the user's poor screenshot... it's funny to see how easy it is to discredit what the user says... even though he has no reason to lie about what he see's in front of him... as he is the only one with a true frame of reference.

I don't even see a post from you on the Deltamoon thread until near the bottom of page two... Are you sure this is the right spot?
post #107 of 154 Old 10-28-2006, 06:17 PM
AVS Special Member

prof55,

they are the screenies of mine that tiddler has posted. the free web hosting service they are on www.myfilehut.com appears to be down at the moment.

i'm at my day job right now... so until i have access to my home computer (if they are still on there somewhere)...
post #108 of 154 Old 10-28-2006, 06:23 PM
Advanced Member

Ah, I remeber those now, as I recall it never said what they were for any of the items and were only for the bottom corner of an image if I recall correctly, but perhaps I'm thinking of somethign else.
post #109 of 154 Old 10-29-2006, 02:06 AM
Advanced Member

mynym - Could you post a pic of the Uno screen with half on BF and half on the wall? We would just like to see a comparison shot showing both at the same time so as to better judge the improvement from the BF. Please and thanks!
post #110 of 154 Old 10-29-2006, 02:43 AM
Advanced Member

pb_maxxx - Any chance you guys are going to have screen samples you can send out so we can see how your solution works in our setups as a comparison?
post #111 of 154 Old 10-29-2006, 05:45 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MississippiMan View Post

Schooner2000,
I don't know if PB_ has any such plans, but please make contact 'privately' (via Email off our Site) with such requests as asking for such "on Forum' and recieving a reply about such portends toward "promotion".

And please delete your request, as I will also delete my reply soon as well.

Thanks.
MM.

I have no intent of deleting the post, the issue came up here and is valid. If it is not part of valid discussion then perhaps you or pb shouldn't be discussing your commerical mixes.

The request was for a sample so as to compare to other DIY solutions, the same as many compare to other commerical screens.

Posting a sig with a link to ones commerical site would be seen as more promotion than my simple request IMHO. And keep in mind the title of this thread is "Very Happy With BFLF - Thanks MMan/PB" which has a number of pics of BFLF in it.
post #112 of 154 Old 10-29-2006, 05:59 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

You mentioned "Ordering" so you dead wrong on this issue. Delete it, or it will be reported. I'll not have such as you be resposible for others taking issue about valuable threads straying toward forbidden issues.

I asked nicely.

Stop being so damn confrontational.

And I said nicely, it is on topic considering this thread is about a supposed BF customer. All I asked is if you are goign to make samples available. I'll remove the word "order" but that it a minor point.

Stop trying to control threads please and thanks.
post #113 of 154 Old 10-29-2006, 06:04 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 235 Post(s)
Liked: 247
It OK for everyone else to do so, but not me, eh? Even with provocation and justifiable reasons?

Sorry, it just isn't a "One Way Street". As I said, I made a request, asked nicely, and your final response is certainly acceptable, for it was indeed the "ordering" refernce that could of caused the issues to be brought forth.

Thank you.

To quote James T. Kirk;
"I'm laughing at the superior intellect"

http://www.invisiblestereo.com
post #114 of 154 Old 10-29-2006, 06:10 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

It OK for everyone else to do so, but not me, eh? Even with provocation and justifiable reasons?

Sorry, it just isn't a "One Way Street". As I said, I made a request, asked nicely, and your final response is certainly acceptable, for it was indeed the "ordering" refernce that could of caused the issues to be brought forth.

Thank you.

"provocation" ??? I asked if you would have samples, nothing more. A simple yes/no would suffice. It is not a witch hunt. Either you are going to provide samples so people can comapre your commerical soluntion to their setup or you are not. Nothing less nothign more. People just want to compare for themselves as the request for screen shot comparisons have gone unanswered.
post #115 of 154 Old 10-29-2006, 06:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Actually, I'd like a FREE sample of a swatch from MM/PB_Max... the other commercial companies do it, so it would be beneficial if you guys did do too.

A simple search of the DIY forum will lists companies' screen being compared to DIY formulas.

-T
post #116 of 154 Old 10-29-2006, 12:39 PM

Hello all,

Just so everyone knows. I just recieved a tile (Courtesy of PB - thankyou) painted with the latest BF mix.

I have a BFLF painted by MM himself.

I plan to do some comparison shots soon between my BFLF, the new BF test panel, and my wall.

If anybody else would like to send me a sample or has suggestions on something they would like to see let me know.

Hopefully this will set things straight for good on the merits of these mixes.

Also, I will be starting a new thread when I do the tests, I think we've hijacked this one quite enough...

~D~
post #117 of 154 Old 10-29-2006, 12:43 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogllama View Post

Hello all,

Just so everyone knows. I just recieved a tile (Courtesy of PB - thankyou) painted with the latest BF mix.

I have a BFLF painted by MM himself.

I plan to do some comparison shots soon between my BFLF, the new BF test panel, and my wall.

If anybody else would like to send me a sample or has suggestions on something they would like to see let me know.

Hopefully this will set things straight for good on the merits of these mixes.

Also, I will be starting a new thread when I do the tests, I think we've hijacked this one quite enough...

~D~

Looking forward to the results. I'd like to see maybe a UPW sample or a neutral grey in the mixof tests. How big is the sample?
post #118 of 154 Old 10-29-2006, 02:11 PM
AVS Special Member

just to set the record straight...

this thread is by an avsforum member who made his own black flame mix using the exact mix that is currently located on the first page of the deltamoon project.

hope that clears the confusion.

----------------

now with respect to doglamma's sample... it is very light and is geared more towards a dedicated theater than it is towards high ambient light

secondly, it is not a light fusion sample.

even with those two handicaps in place... i still feel the pro's will outway the con's vs doglama light fusion screen.
post #119 of 154 Old 10-30-2006, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schooner2000 View Post

Looking forward to the results. I'd like to see maybe a UPW sample or a neutral grey in the mixof tests. How big is the sample?

The test panel that PB sent me is about 1foot x 1foot.

Thankyou for clearing up the mix btw PB, I knew it wasn't a light fusion sample. What is the material it is painted on? The mix is still considered a BF (albeit a much lighter) mix correct?

At this moment I do not have a panel for UPW or neutral grey, but I agree that both would be interesting to see in this matchup. Unfortunetly I live in an aparment in Los Angeles and do not have the materials or painting space to make these panels come into being.

Anyone willing to make a donation to the cause?

~D~

PS- I have created a new thread enititled "Black Flame Comparison Tests". Since this is really a different beast we are tackling, I think we should give it it's own space. Thanks.
post #120 of 154 Old 11-01-2006, 11:38 AM
AVS Special Member

pb Maxx wrote "this thread is by an avsforum member who made his own black flame mix using the exact mix that is currently located on the first page of the deltamoon project."

Yet I see these same pics are up in the CUSTOMERS gallery on MM's and PB's new website.

Oh what a tangled web we weave.

"The only reason you're still conscious is because I don't want to carry you" - Jack Bauer
Reply Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page