Advertisement

post #62 of 259 Old 01-08-2007, 09:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmcquitty View Post

Viper, I emailed the dimensions to you. If you wouldn't mind, could you post them here. I forgot what I emailed you. Something like 3 1/2, 4, and 106.

Yup, thank you very much.

Width is ~105"
Depth is 3 1/4"
Height is 4"

These are the dimensions of the outside case of the 108" screen for all who care to know! Thanks to tmcquitty!

If anyone has the info, how long is the screen from the top of the "drop" to the bottom? Thanks. Anyone dealing with the 135"? I think I'm gonna get that one but I don't know when they'll have it in stock, plus, I have no clue of the distance I need to project on a screen that big. Nor do I know the projector I should get, Help! PM Me Please!
post #63 of 259 Old 02-05-2007, 02:28 PM

Any feedback on the monoprice screens after using them for awhile?

Thanks,
Jon
post #64 of 259 Old 02-06-2007, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperhawke View Post

Anyone dealing with the 135"? I think I'm gonna get that one but I don't know when they'll have it in stock, plus, I have no clue of the distance I need to project on a screen that big.

Interesting info from the monoprice website regarding the 135" screen:

Question: When will you be getting Electric Projection Screen Product ID # 3016/3018 in stock?
Answer: We do actually have it in stock but haven't been able to figure out who to use for shipping because of its over-size volume. Please check back later.

Note: Item IS available for local pickup

When you select "more info", you can find this by clicking the "knowledge base" tab below the related products section.
post #65 of 259 Old 02-06-2007, 06:44 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 296 Post(s)
Liked: 254
Seems a pretty silly excuse for people who are in business.

FedEx Freight can accept it if they strap it to a narrow wooden pallet. Requesting "Dock to Dock" for Customer Pick Up saves a bundle. FedEx will keep and dispose of the pallet is asked. I've done extensive checking a FedEx Freight has the best rates and takes extraordinary care of "Fragile" shipments

I regularly accept delivery of Acrylic Mirrors in excess of 123" long x 73" wide on pallets measuring 130" x 78". At 135" diagonal, that Monoprice screen could not measure more than 126" long when Crated.

Anybody can request a FedEx Freight PU. If Monoprice is on the ball at all, they can take such a request and run with it.

To quote James T. Kirk;
"I'm laughing at the superior intellect"

http://www.invisiblestereo.com
post #66 of 259 Old 02-10-2007, 12:05 PM

any updates?
post #67 of 259 Old 03-01-2007, 05:31 PM

I recently received my 108" Monoprice electric and have it mounted above a 92"x48" bay window in my livingroom (I had no wall big enough and needed light control, soooo, two birds with one stone!)

When lowered during the day I can just see the sun that shines between the mini blind slats behind it, but very faint. Probably add some fabric or light control blinds later.

As for the drop, it's about 2" and the adjustability is hardly worth mentioning since at 3" I could just see the roller core starting to become exposed, and thats no good for it, so 2 1/2 " or less.

I should have ordered the remote and probably will, unless I can find a way to wire in a 12v trigger from my Sharp XV-Z3000U projector.

Picture looks great, btw.
post #68 of 259 Old 03-02-2007, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomM View Post

Picture looks great, btw.

Do you have any screenshots? It would be nice to see more screenshots on this thread.

cjcote
post #69 of 259 Old 03-06-2007, 11:09 AM

I've done a little research. These screens are manufactured in China by Lumi Legend Corporation - the Brateck Enterprises Division. If you google "Brateck electric screen" you'll find more info.
post #70 of 259 Old 03-07-2007, 04:22 PM
Advanced Member

HEY! THANK YOU LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!
I had heard of MONOPRICE in other threads. This time last year on my birthday (March 15) I checked out the Toshiba XA1 at my local Fry's. The "Toshiba Tour" was demoing HD DVD. I wanted one but ended up with a Toshiba upscaling DVD player. I just got my XA1 from Robert at Value Electronic two weeks ago. I have an XA2 coming next.Then I wanted a Panny 50" 8UK plasma, but due to dental work, a new crown, my HT saving fund got depleted. I ended up with a 37' LCD.
The 37" (SHARP) died twice in the last year and I got a 46" with "BANDING" as a replacement. I am calling SHARP for a replacement or a refund.
In the meantime I have been looking/reading about the Panasonic PTAE-1000. I'm game. But you mentioned the Monoprice screens in this thread. I'm there. I looked them up and they are less than twenty miles from me. I have access to a pickup. I'm going down in the next thirty days and pick up that 108" electric screen and a remote. I am excited about this. I could not believe the price. Thanks to you and Monoprice I can see my Home Theatre going to a whole new level. Who'd a thunk it?

ALL MY MONEY I SPENT ON AUDIO AND VIDEO; THE REST I JUST WASTED!
post #71 of 259 Old 03-07-2007, 04:34 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
XXXLCracker,
Would you mind posting some instructions on making the wired remote into a wireless?
I am DIY challenged, will take all the help I can get.

Thanks
Pilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXLCracker View Post

I just mounted the 16:9 108" electric screen in my basement. I will post some pictures. The screen is flush mounted on the wall and took @ 15 minutes. It is helpful to have a second set of hands.

I also ordered the wireless remote. It is not plug and play. You have to cut the existing controller and plug and splice the Wireless receiver onto the cut end. I am waiting for some more specific instructions from Monoprice on the remote install. I am using this screen with the IN72 and so far I am satisfied. This is in my home theater in my basement which has virtually no ambient light. Keep in mind, this is my first projector/screen so I am not as particular as some.

Any questions, I would be more than happy to assist.

UPDATE =
Just wired up the receiver for the wireless remote.
Took @ 20 minutes. at this time Monoprice does not have a writeup.
Tools needed:
Soldering iron
Phiilips head screwdriver
Wire stripper/crimping tool
Basic electrical knowledge and experiencing with basic wiring - if you have ever wired up a car stereo, you are set.

post #72 of 259 Old 03-08-2007, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilla75 View Post

XXXLCracker,
Would you mind posting some instructions on making the wired remote into a wireless?
I am DIY challenged, will take all the help I can get.

Thanks
Pilla

Is it just me or have the prices on all their screens gone up? Anyone remember what the prices for each size screen were when this thread was first posted??
post #73 of 259 Old 03-08-2007, 11:31 PM

I don't really remember, but I don't think the prices went up. If they did it wasn't by much.
post #74 of 259 Old 03-09-2007, 08:12 AM

With a gain of "about 1.0" aren't these screens about the equivalent of shooting to a wall? Great prices but I can't convince myself they would be worth it. Would love to see more pictures of them in action. Guess they got their shipping issues worked out because I received an email notification this week that the 135" is back in stock.
post #75 of 259 Old 03-09-2007, 02:10 PM
Advanced Member

Just looked up Monoprice on Mapquest. Off Archibald Ave North of Interstate 10 in Rancho Cucamonga, Ca.. I used to live down the street from them. Anyway 108" 16/9 screen is in stock for willcall pickup, no extra charge, and i have a pickup truck.

post #76 of 259 Old 03-11-2007, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaman1666 View Post

Just looked up Monoprice on Mapquest. Off Archibald Ave North of Interstate 10 in Rancho Cucamonga, Ca.. I used to live down the street from them. Anyway 108" 16/9 screen is in stock for willcall pickup, no extra charge, and i have a pickup truck.

Anyone know if their shipping quote on the 135" 16:9 is reasonable?

I'm in Orlando, FL and they are asking $77.01, or about 39% more for a total of $275.04.

Would it be cheaper if some kind person nearby their warehouse picked it up and shipped it?

Should I look at a higher quality screen if I'm in the $300 range already?

Help please! Thanks again everyone!

EDIT:

Just found this screen, thoughts as compared to monoprice 135? other than monoprice is a 16:9.

Guess no links to eBay allowed...Item number I found was 330095566005.

Not promoting, asking for opinions.
post #77 of 259 Old 03-11-2007, 12:49 PM
Advanced Member

Viperhawke:

I have been looking at prices lately and the price with remote and shipping to your location looks excellent. I checked "resellerratings" for Monoprice. It is almost a perfect "10". I am sold. I would check a B+M near you for your own peace of mind, but I am going for the 108" electric and remote! I will be posting my comments as soon as I get it as far as build quality and installation and wiring remote, probably in about thirty days. BTW what PJ are you using?

GOOD LUCK!

post #78 of 259 Old 03-11-2007, 12:51 PM

Anyone using one of the tripod screens?

I am in search of a tripod screen due to my living situation as I cannot mount a screen.

If these are decent, I might go with one.
post #79 of 259 Old 03-11-2007, 01:09 PM

Quote:

Viperhawke:

I have been looking at prices lately and the price with remote and shipping to your location looks excellent. I checked "resellerratings" for Monoprice. It is almost a perfect "10". I am sold. I would check a B+M near you for your own peace of mind, but I am going for the 108" electric and remote! I will be posting my comments as soon as I get it as far as build quality and installation and wiring remote, probably in about thirty days. BTW what PJ are you using?

GOOD LUCK!

Thanks for the quick response!
Well I don't have a PJ yet because I don't have a screen yet. I was advised to get a screen first and then look for a PJ to match. I have sufficient space for the screen and any PJ I want but I have no idea what I should get. I do know that I will be watching HD content, and pc gaming on it. 135" Unreal Tournament 3 yay!!
Of course I'll only be using it at night due to the amount of light in the room. For daytime use I have a 50" plasma in front of which I am planning to drop this screen. BTW what places do you recommend I look at screens for? Preferably someplace with a B&M nearby, zip is 32819. And what PJ are you using?

Doh I forgot I need to get a new sound system for this room too...any recs?

Thanks!
post #80 of 259 Old 03-11-2007, 01:13 PM

$308.51 shipped for

135" 16:9 Motorized Screen and RF Remote. Good deal? Saw some name brand ones for around $400 a few mins ago but closed window by accident, GRR.
post #81 of 259 Old 03-11-2007, 03:10 PM
Advanced Member

Viperhawke:
I have a 46" Sharp lcd on a cart at the foot of the bed. I am going to put the PJ and screen in the living room. Just a sofa a screen and a PJ. I've got one Toshiba HD DVD player and another coming this week. For audio components I like Denon. They have a new HDMI AVR coming out later this year. For speakers I use 4 Infinity Beta 20 with an Infinity center/sub.
I am leaning to the Panasonic PJ's either a 100 or a 1000. I used to sell the Sharp's where I worked. I am done with Sharp. I am going to look at a lot of PJ's locally before buying.

post #82 of 259 Old 03-12-2007, 03:42 PM
Advanced Member

Am I the only one on this thread? Any owner's out there? How about some reports. GOOD/ BAD/ETC. Speak up! Knowledge is power!

post #83 of 259 Old 03-12-2007, 04:40 PM

I should have mine by the end of the week.

I'll let you know.

I am getting a tripod version though, so I don't know if you will be interested or not.
post #84 of 259 Old 03-12-2007, 05:06 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lecterman View Post

I should have mine by the end of the week.

I'll let you know.

I am getting a tripod version though, so I don't know if you will be interested or not.

Thanks lecterman!

I am interested, as the screen material is probably the same! What projector are you using what is the throw distance and how dark is your room. You know, all the usual questions! I want a quality home theatre experience and value your opinion.

THANK YOU!

post #85 of 259 Old 03-12-2007, 05:11 PM

Quote:

Thanks lecterman!

I am interested, as the screen material is probably the same! What projector are you using what is the throw distance and how dark is your room. You know, all the usual questions! I want a quality home theatre experience and value your opinion.

THANK YOU!

I will be using a Hitachi PJ-TX100 projector throwing about 12-14 ft. The room is pretty well light controlled.

I'll post pix this weekend hopefully.
post #86 of 259 Old 03-16-2007, 07:30 PM

I did not get the screen. Apparently it will not get here until Monday.

Until then, it is white sheet city for me.
post #87 of 259 Old 03-18-2007, 08:18 AM

I have a picture.

This is the 108" 16x9 screen from monoprice. Projector is Mitsubishi HD1000U. Throw distance is about 12.5 feet. I will add blinds or curtains later to control the light a little better.
LL
post #88 of 259 Old 03-18-2007, 10:10 AM
Advanced Member

grokus:

Thank You for the picture. I am planning on going to Monoprice to pick up that exact same screen in about a month. Please post any additional notes or comments as you enjoy your home theatre. All input and feedback will be helpful and most welcome!

post #89 of 259 Old 03-19-2007, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grokus View Post

I have a picture.

This is the 108" 16x9 screen from monoprice. Projector is Mitsubishi HD1000U. Throw distance is about 12.5 feet. I will add blinds or curtains later to control the light a little better.

Do you think it would have been possible to mount that on the ceiling? That's where I'm wanting to mount my screen.
post #90 of 259 Old 03-19-2007, 08:58 AM
Advanced Member

I'd love to get one of these screens. My screen size is 115" though, too big for the 108" and the 135" is probably too big for the image.

Still white wall here for me. Haven't built a DIY screen since I tore apart the last one. Getting blackout cloth/etc for a screen at 115" is tougher than my old 80" screen.

"I believe that only scientists can understand the universe. It is not so much that I have confidence in scientists being right, but that I have so much in nonscientists being wrong." - Isaac Asimov
Reply Screens

Tags
Monoprice , Projection Screens

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page