HIGH POWER a Review! Part 1 - Page 127 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #3781 of 3782 Old 07-01-2014, 11:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 233
I've had a 110" HP (2.8) for years now, about 6 years to be exact. It's been relocated once. I have a 4 year old and a 2 year old kiddos so the screen has a few smudges. Nothing really noticable when watching except for bright scenes with camera pan. Also there are a few specks, they seem to be about the size of a pixel, maybe a little smaller where light reflects really bright. Almost like a star in the sky.

Anyway, my wife opening a photography studio and she is taking our current projector (Epson 8700UB) and I am upgrading to an Epson 5030UB. Since we need to buy a new screen I was thinking of passing the HP (2.8) onto to her and buying something new for our theater.

Reading that the 2.8 material is no longer available is disheartening. I'd like to get something new for the theater because that's where we do our most critical viewing. My first thought is to buy the 2.4 material and then I'd have it, or staying with the 2.8 to choose from, but I'm concerned about not wanting the 2.4 in either location and wishing I'd gone with a more traditional lower gain matte screen.

The theater in our home is the only "TV" in the house we use, save for the kids watching netflix on some iPads. So it gets a lot of use, so the brightness on an aging lamp is important. Do I have analysis paralysis??

"The Scuba Tank" thread here
PSN/XBL : ScubaSteve2365
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3782 of 3782 Old 07-01-2014, 11:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubasteve2365 View Post
I've had a 110" HP (2.8) for years now, about 6 years to be exact. It's been relocated once. I have a 4 year old and a 2 year old kiddos so the screen has a few smudges. Nothing really noticable when watching except for bright scenes with camera pan. Also there are a few specks, they seem to be about the size of a pixel, maybe a little smaller where light reflects really bright. Almost like a star in the sky.

Anyway, my wife opening a photography studio and she is taking our current projector (Epson 8700UB) and I am upgrading to an Epson 5030UB. Since we need to buy a new screen I was thinking of passing the HP (2.8) onto to her and buying something new for our theater.

Reading that the 2.8 material is no longer available is disheartening. I'd like to get something new for the theater because that's where we do our most critical viewing. My first thought is to buy the 2.4 material and then I'd have it, or staying with the 2.8 to choose from, but I'm concerned about not wanting the 2.4 in either location and wishing I'd gone with a more traditional lower gain matte screen.

The theater in our home is the only "TV" in the house we use, save for the kids watching netflix on some iPads. So it gets a lot of use, so the brightness on an aging lamp is important. Do I have analysis paralysis??
Keep you HP where it is and clean it.. If done carefully with denatured alcohol and micro fiber rags, you will be thrilled. Those star spots may also go away, there are a micro bead that is lifted up and twisted. Sometimes just gently pushing on the spot with your finger will fix it. Keep this screen you will certainly miss it and want it back if you go back to the dull utility gain screen. I have posted details on cleaning in other threads.. do some searches of cleaning HP.
Reply Screens

Tags
Projection Screens , Projectors , Da Lite Screens , Da Lite High Power Hdtv Format Ascender Electric Projector Screen , Dalite Model C Video Format 105 X 140 Inch High Power Projection Screen

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page