AVS Forum banner

Focupix Electric screens from htdepot

166K views 714 replies 221 participants last post by  Sonyad 
#1 ·
I happened upon these from a link on projectorcentral

Not only are the electric screen cheap, but they are running an introductory offer of 30% off your entire order.

I have never heard of Focupix, and google only turns up htdepot when I search for it.

Here's how cheap they are.

After the 30%, a 16:9 Electric Matte White 92" diagonal is

$237.74 (and that's including $62.75 of UPS ground shipping)

Has anyone ever heard of these guys before?

My "too good to be true" detector is going off on this one.

See less See more
#577 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by taskman /forum/post/18789474

Thank you very much for that info, I can't wait to get the 135" Focupix Tensioned.

It's not a problem. Just make sure you're aware of all dimensions and that you order the correct size and format screen when you are on our site and enjoy your new screen.

#578 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTDepot /forum/post/18779520

The HDVio screens have a 12" black drop at the top, while the Flexio screens have a 18" black drop. And you want to drop the screen so that the top of it is parallel with the top of your projector if it is possible for the best picture, in most cases.

Thanks for the info, but I have heard 3 different sizes from 3 different support folks when I called in. One said 8", the next said 18" and I now have 12" from you. Can you pls confirm once more?! I am looking at the 110" 16:9 version, if that makes a difference. I am primarily interested in the black part above the screen. And how adjustable is it? Also, how many inches does the assembly add at the top if hung from a ceiling?

Thanks again!

#579 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi76 /forum/post/18795034

Thanks for the info, but I have heard 3 different sizes from 3 different support folks when I called in. One said 8", the next said 18" and I now have 12" from you. Can you pls confirm once more?! I am looking at the 110" 16:9 version, if that makes a difference. I am primarily interested in the black part above the screen. And how adjustable is it? Also, how many inches does the assembly add at the top if hung from a ceiling?

Thanks again!

All three of those answers are correct, to some extent. The 18" you heard was in reference to the Flexio/BriteG series only, you may have asked about this series instead of the HDVio in this case. The 8" is available on all types of screens, as the drop is adjustable from 0-12" on the HDVio series and 0-18" on the Flexio/BriteG series. The standard drop setting that each screen is set at when it is shipped out is, in most cases, not the maximum or minimum, and is usually set in that moderate range, ~8" for HDVio, ~12" for Flexio/BriteG. However, the maximum drop distance for the HDVio and Flexio/BriteG screens are 12" and 18", respectively.

It is adjustable by a top-adjustment screw located inside the case, and the exact location and which direction to adjust it in for desired results is located in the instruction manual included with the screen, but is also available on our website under the Product Manuals link.

The HDVio does not differ too greatly from the Flexio/BriteG series in regards to screen case size, so you could, for the most part, use this as a guide to the dimensions you requested:

This is the 106" viewable, 110" overall, Flexio series 16:9 format screen dimension list. The screen casing is roughly the same size, looking at dimension #G and using the mounting hardware included, it offsets it from the ceiling/wall by about 1 additional inch.

#581 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbye05 /forum/post/18796481

just an fyi htdepot has horrendous customer service. by far the worst of any company i have ever dealt with.

Can you provide more details? I don't think its fair to any company to just post a viewpoint like that without backing it up with details. I have seen bad reports on customer service from ht depot but in most cases it was resolved by htdepot and the poster responded as such in this thread.

I have been researching screens for a couple weeks and have probably read through the ENTIRE focupix thread almost twice. From what I can tell they make an above average effort to connect with customers but like all companies, there is always going to be bad experiences. Its how I have seen them respond to those issues that has been a factore in buying a screen from them.

#582 ·
taskman here it is:

horrible experience with htdepot aka focupix aka mountdirect

I scheduled and payed for a premium install of my mits 3800 with this company. The installer showed up totally unprepared with no ladder, flashlight,screwdrivers ect. needed for the install all of which he borrowed from me. To add insult to injury he also did not bring a hdmi cable that was supposed to be included so we had to use one of mine. The service promised sit back and let them do the work, but since it was only one guy I had to help and I was the one that had to actually mount the pj cause the installer was ready to leave with the picture off the screen. No wall plates were used which was also promised. I pmd the rep on this site who stated that they would at least refund my hdmi cable price if I provided receipt. This was a 48.00 monoprice 22 gauge not 200.00 monster. Today I recieved an email stating they will only pay 20.00. I find this totally unacceptable and cannot reccommend their install service and I also find their c.s. poor

#583 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTDepot /forum/post/18796437

However, the maximum drop distance for the HDVio and Flexio/BriteG screens are 12" and 18", respectively.

That's not what I was told by your CS>

>>>(via email) from Oct 19th last year>

Quote:
Re: [Ticket#277-6781] HDVio 16:9 Widescreen High Contrast Grey Electric Screen

Screen comes with 8" from the factory. Additional drop can be achieved by adjusting the limits.

Thanks,

-CS

I then asked how much 'additional drop' can be achieved and the next email was:

Quote:
Up to 16 inches.

-CS

#584 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbye05 /forum/post/18796957

taskman here it is:

horrible experience with htdepot aka focupix aka mountdirect

I scheduled and payed for a premium install of my mits 3800 with this company. The installer showed up totally unprepared with no ladder, flashlight,screwdrivers ect. needed for the install all of which he borrowed from me. To add insult to injury he also did not bring a hdmi cable that was supposed to be included so we had to use one of mine. The service promised sit back and let them do the work, but since it was only one guy I had to help and I was the one that had to actually mount the pj cause the installer was ready to leave with the picture off the screen. No wall plates were used which was also promised. I pmd the rep on this site who stated that they would at least refund my hdmi cable price if I provided receipt. This was a 48.00 monoprice 22 gauge not 200.00 monster. Today I recieved an email stating they will only pay 20.00. I find this totally unacceptable and cannot reccommend their install service and I also find their c.s. poor

Sir, you were refunded in full for what was requested, and we were told that you were satisfied. If you still have a problem with the company, we ask that you contact us directly, rather than continuing on this site.

On a side note - you've posted this at least 3 times on this site alone, I would consider it spam at this point. Please refrain.

#585 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleaman /forum/post/18797199

That's not what I was told by your CS>

>>>(via email) from Oct 19th last year>

I then asked how much 'additional drop' can be achieved and the next email was:

All I can tell you is what the actual limitations and standards are. That representative no longer works with us, I have that email archived as well.

#586 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by taskman /forum/post/18796744

Can you provide more details? I don't think its fair to any company to just post a viewpoint like that without backing it up with details. I have seen bad reports on customer service from ht depot but in most cases it was resolved by htdepot and the poster responded as such in this thread.

I have been researching screens for a couple weeks and have probably read through the ENTIRE focupix thread almost twice. From what I can tell they make an above average effort to connect with customers but like all companies, there is always going to be bad experiences. Its how I have seen them respond to those issues that has been a factore in buying a screen from them.

This is correct. Several attempts were made to resolve the issue with the customer, and he continued to escalate things. From what we, as a company were aware, he was finally content with the resolution and refund offered. Apprently this is not the case?

#587 ·
htdepot that is a flat out lie. I have not received a penny back from you. and as far as spamming I will continue to let people know of the treatment recieved from your company. FYI I still have all communications between us that are dated so if you stand by your lie that I recieved any refund I will be forced to post them.

#589 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbye05 /forum/post/18805648

htdepot that is a flat out lie. I have not received a penny back from you. and as far as spamming I will continue to let people know of the treatment recieved from your company. FYI I still have all communications between us that are dated so if you stand by your lie that I recieved any refund I will be forced to post them.

Before you attempt to slander a company's name, please check to make sure you are giving the correct information to your peers. Please check your transaction logs with your bank for the date 5/28/2010, as it will show that you have in fact received a full refund to your account from us. This goes directly against you stating that it was an offer of $20 dollars, and against the fact that you state that you haven't received anything from us, and that you declined the transaction. We also happen to keep our conversations logged, and we have the messages you have sent to all of our representatives - not just me. You told us that the issue was resolved. Again, if it is not, please contact our company through our website or via our phone, do not attempt to do so through this website as our, and your, representation here are limited.

#590 ·
Alright I have to be a man and apologize, I just checked my bank account and the refund was on that date. I was unaware of this due to the last communication was me declining the 20.00 and no one replied. I still think this could have been handled better as my installation concerns were never adressed that being said I will consider this resolved and cease posting on the matter

#591 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbye05 /forum/post/18805835

Alright I have to be a man and apologize, I just checked my bank account and the refund was on that date. I was unaware of this due to the last communication was me declining the 20.00 and no one replied. I still think this could have been handled better as my installation concerns were never adressed that being said I will consider this resolved and cease posting on the matter

Our sales manager had told me she sent you a receipt via email in regards to the refund, but you may not have received it. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused, communications definitely could have been better. However, I'm glad you have at least, in this case, found the matter resolved as, though I'm sure many would beg to differ, I do try to provide customer satisfaction in any way that I can. If you have any future concerns feel free to contact me on here or via the website. Thank you.

#592 ·
I have to chime in here as I had very satisfactory dealings with HTDepot. Mishaps are bound to occur with anything (product or service) and the tell all is how the vendor handles the issue. Just the fact that HTDepot is represented via this forum says a lot and the fact that they answer and address concerns and issues goes a long way in my book. I for one, will continue to do business with them.

#593 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by taskman /forum/post/18789474

Thank you very much for that info, I can't wait to get the 135" Focupix Tensioned.

Curious as to what the status is on this? You need help ordering it or picking one out? Or are you waiting for it to ship? Don't forget to post some pics up on our new customer showcase on our website once you've gotten it up by sending the pics, as well as a brief general description of your setup, to sales@htdepot.com .

#594 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTDepot /forum/post/18821253

Curious as to what the status is on this? You need help ordering it or picking one out? Or are you waiting for it to ship? Don't forget to post some pics up on our new customer showcase on our website once you've gotten it up by sending the pics, as well as a brief general description of your setup, to sales@htdepot.com .

Thanks for asking! You currently don't have it in stock, I recieved a reply that your working on getting a shipment of the 120" and 135" tensioned screens with black cloth backing but there isnt a shipment date yet.

#595 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by taskman /forum/post/18823777

Thanks for asking! You currently don't have it in stock, I recieved a reply that your working on getting a shipment of the 120" and 135" tensioned screens with black cloth backing but there isnt a shipment date yet.

Ah, you're right. Didn't realize we had sold out of the tension-flat series so much. We do have 1 135" reconditioned screen in stock though. It's a Grade-A meaning that though the case might (and doesn't neccesarily) have a few minor marks, it'd have a brand new screen. I'm not sure if it has the black backing or not though - we had a batch shipped out with a white backing from our factory for whatever reason. I could check.

#596 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTDepot /forum/post/18824137

Ah, you're right. Didn't realize we had sold out of the tension-flat series so much. We do have 1 135" reconditioned screen in stock though. It's a Grade-A meaning that though the case might (and doesn't neccesarily) have a few minor marks, it'd have a brand new screen. I'm not sure if it has the black backing or not though - we had a batch shipped out with a white backing from our factory for whatever reason. I could check.

Thanks, its no problem for me. I picked up a cheap manual screen to get me by until you get restocked. I do look forward to that tensioned 135"

#597 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by taskman /forum/post/18824321

Thanks, its no problem for me. I picked up a cheap manual screen to get me by until you get restocked. I do look forward to that tensioned 135"

Sounds like a plan. Lol. I'll let you know when we get them in stock.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.