nevermind i picked mine up today and it is 2.5 inches in depth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 715 Old 08-23-2007, 11:59 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
hay ya'll...just bought a Focupix BriteG 16:9 Electric Projector Screen w/ Dual Remote - 120"..i will post again and let ya know how it works out...

PenDragon

Carry your weapon responsibly. material things can be replaced, a human life cannot!
post #93 of 715 Old 08-30-2007, 08:15 AM

Liked: 10
I purchased a Focupix 16:9 Widescreen Fixed Frame Projector Screen - 115" from HTDEPOT back in May. The box arrived undamaged and in great shape. I stored this screen in my garage for 90 days until the completion of my new custom home. When I opened the box to have the screen professionally installed it was then that we noticed the screen was damaged. The felt boarder had tares and scrape marks. The screen was heavily wrinkled and had two rather large dirt/scuff marks in the middle of the screen. I called HTDEPOT and reported my findings. THEY REFUSED to work with me and said it was TOO LATE. I should have checked the box 5 days after receiving it. ONCE again I informed them there was no reason to check it. The box wasn't damaged. It came this way from the manufacturer. They still refused to work with me. BUYER BEWARE !! THESE PEOPLE ARE SCAM ARTISTS. THEY WILL SELL YOU CRAP AND DO NOTHING BUT TAKE YOUR MONEY. DO NOT..I REPEAT DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY. HTDEPOT YOU HAVE MESSED WITH THE WRONG CONSUMER. I WILL TELL EVERYONE ABOUT YOUR COMPANY AND COMPANY PRACTICES.
post #94 of 715 Old 08-30-2007, 08:35 AM

i ALWAYS look my stuff over as soon as it arives, it doesent matter if you are not going to set it up 12 years from now ya ALWAYS check your shipment over first thing!!!

and be carefull, store policy and time is not on your side, and slander is not somthing you want to get into, in my humble opinion. but its your call.

PenDragon

Carry your weapon responsibly. material things can be replaced, a human life cannot!
post #95 of 715 Old 08-30-2007, 08:43 AM

fircrest - while your experience is definitely disappointing, I'm not too surprised. These places are run on very small margins, and don't have the play that the bigger, full service outfits have. I took mine out of the box and ran it within the 5 days. Had you bought a Stewart screen from a full service dealer your experience, I am certain, would have been different. Those of us (myself included) who can't afford the white glove service and products should not be too disappointed when things don't end right.

If you bought it via credit card, see if you have "buyers protection" or something similar which will extend the warranty and cover the damage.

I'm not all that thrilled with the serious sparkles on my Spectrum, but it's not the end of the world, and for $260 (125" electric screen) it's still a bargain.
post #96 of 715 Old 08-31-2007, 03:52 PM

my Focupix BriteG 16:9 Electric Projector Screen w/ Dual Remote - 120 was delivered today, took it out of the box and the wood packing...works great, only had one thing to fix...one of the end caps on the bottom of the screen was broken, i'm going to call them and see if they can send me a replacement, if not no biggie, its just a small cap i should be able to get one at the hardware store...man this sucker is big and clear. and i got it from htdepot.

PenDragon

post #97 of 715 Old 09-06-2007, 05:25 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Where's fircrest11? - Notice it's his #1 and only post?

If you can't be bothered to open a box & check the merchandise for over 90 days please don't come bellyaching and posting all caps how the merchant is a scam artist etc etc etc. I'm really holding back here, I could go on but I'll stop.

If I were the merchant I would regard someone like this as a thief. I would guess that his contractors had a "look see" & messed up his screen.

BTW my screen still works perfectly every time, and that is every day since March when it arrived.

This merchant has gone out of their way to answer questions and be helpful.
They have a quality product at a very reasonable price.

Stuff happens, every day, look at your stuff when it arrives and make sure you are not the one the stuff is happening to.

It's really simple: Just Don't Be Stupid.
post #98 of 715 Old 09-11-2007, 03:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
From your experience, how often do they have coupon codes and how much of a discount? Is this a good deal that I should jump on before Sunday?

From website:

For a limited time only! 15% saving offer on all Focupix Flexio and BriteG Series Screens!

Through Sunday 09/16, save 15% on all Flexio series and BriteG series screens. Enter coupon code "FLEX15OFF" during checkout.
post #99 of 715 Old 09-11-2007, 03:44 PM

well i would have bought mine anyway...it was still cheeper than a da-lite, and i'm verry happy with my 120" elect screen. just dont make the mistake of leaving it in the box past the return period lol...open it first thing and make sure yer happy with it. good luck.

PenDragon

post #100 of 715 Old 09-16-2007, 08:04 AM

Hi all - home theater newbie here... I've had a dell DLP projector for a few years and I'm moving to a new place where a screen will be required (used the wall before). I have a few installation questions.

1. Do the Focupix screens run on low voltage wiring, or do I have to run line voltage through conduit up to the screen for a recessed install?

2. If I install an outlet or hardwire the screen, can I hide the control box (in the ceiling) and just use the R/F remote?

Thanks so much - I wish HTDepot.com had an install guide which I could download to see how these things work.
post #101 of 715 Old 09-17-2007, 10:35 AM

It needs a standard 120V outlet to plug into, or line to connect up with. I have the control box positioned above a suspended ceiling and it works just fine.
post #102 of 715 Old 09-17-2007, 01:18 PM
Advanced Member

Guys,

Help me decide between BriteG, HDVIo and Matte White....

Has anyone here seen more than one of these screens at the same time? If so, I'd love to hear your comments. Also, have you used other brands of screens and if so, how does focuspix compare?

Regarding BriteG, is there any hotspotting? What is the field of view like?

I'm leaning towards a new Panny AX200u or the new Epson ProLite 1080 UB, both of which appear to be very bright projectors. I'll be throwing an image around 120" diagonal from 12-16 feet and will be either ceiling mount or table top. Lastly, I want daytime sports and modest light at night while watching TV and/or movies.

All feedback appreciated!

bradesp
post #103 of 715 Old 09-23-2007, 12:25 AM

Anyone have any experience with the doal RF/IR remote setup on these screens? The Flexio screen is what I am considering for this remote function.

Has anyone determined if there is a way to limit the down travel for an auto stop feature? I am worried that if I use a timed macro on a universal remote that I may have an issue that the stop is not exact enough to properly align to the projected image every time. Any thoughts?
post #104 of 715 Old 09-24-2007, 01:41 PM

We are just finishing off our basement, and interested in buying/installing one of the Focupix screens. We have flexibility in where we install the power outlet for this, and want to know if the power comes out of one end of the screen or out the middle.

Any answers are appreciated, or if you have a picture of yours that you would be willing to send, that would be most appreciated. I also emailed htdepot, but have not heard back from them.
post #105 of 715 Old 09-25-2007, 07:29 AM

I have a 100" electric HDvio in matte white. Speaking for this model only, the cord exits the case about 3 inches from the top rear end of the case on the right side, as you are looking at it.
post #106 of 715 Old 09-25-2007, 08:09 PM

Can anyone speak on the "long term" quality of these screens (especially waves and mechanical quality)

Thanks!
post #107 of 715 Old 09-30-2007, 04:21 AM

The power cord on my Flexio screen comes from the left end cap.
post #108 of 715 Old 10-06-2007, 01:44 AM

Just got my 106" BriteG and realized I didn't get the exact size I wanted. I guess I measured my old screen wrong and I actually wanted a 120" one.
I had a pull down Da lite before. Noticeable thing was that the bottom tube of the screen was stuck into the frame so it did not roll down initially. Then I saw some light damage coming from the glass beads rubbing against the backside of the screen. It thinned down the material It is only visible when there is light behind the screen so no biggy. Since I am also changing my projector I will not be able to compare the two screens. I am however a little worried about how durable the glass beads are going to be. I can hear rubbing noise when I scroll the screen up and down.
post #109 of 715 Old 10-07-2007, 12:06 AM

Well, after reading this thread and seeing the price of a 100" high contrast grey HDVio 16:9 screen reduced from $699.99 to $289.99 I just ordered one.
post #110 of 715 Old 10-07-2007, 10:33 AM

I got the 102" Brite one and it seems great to me. There is a screw adjustment that you can mess with to determine how far down the screen drops(to those who were wondering about that. The field of view seems fine, I have a 3 piece sectional organize completely horizontally and the dimness from the angle change on the edge seats, while noticeable is far from extreme. I also havn't noticed any hotspotting.

Overall I am very please with it.
post #111 of 715 Old 10-07-2007, 08:19 PM

BTW great thread especially since I need to pull the trigger on a screen soon.
I'm looking at the grey HDVio @ 110" which seem to fit the bill. The projector is fairly bright and the HT that the display will be in has a fair amount of ambient light.
From what I can tell, conditions like that are the strong suit for that type of screen. If any one happens to own one of these or has any first hand knowledge of the unit, I sure would appreciate your imput!
I'll probably frame the projector screen either in a soffit or maybe in the ceiling, but it does come down to which one that gets the work to it!
TIA for any help.

"Unless you continually work, evolve and innovate, you'll learn a quick and painful lesson from someone who has"
post #112 of 715 Old 10-08-2007, 04:16 AM
Advanced Member

Guys,

Help, still looking for reviews and comments on using matte white vs grey screen from focupix in ambient light.. Anyone?
post #113 of 715 Old 10-08-2007, 08:33 AM

I've been following this thread for the last couple of weeks since I've been dialing in my 1st FP (hanging it, squaring it up, etc.).

How many people have this type of screen who have more posts than me?
From what I've read, I don't know what the real world experiences with this screen from people that have done this before.
post #114 of 715 Old 10-09-2007, 04:46 AM
KAS

Has anyone mounted their L/C/R speakers behind these screens? Is the screen acoustically transparent or does it modify the sound significantly compared to when the screen is up? Any real experience will be a big help. Thanks
post #115 of 715 Old 10-09-2007, 07:03 AM

GG386 - I bought the HDVio 100 in white and have it mounted on the wall at ceiling height. I just did an initial setup last night with a BenQ w500 using eco mode and brightness set to 50%. With two 70w table lamps on about 15' back from the screen it did wash the colors & contrast some, but definitely still watchable. I won't be able to try adding daylight to the test until this weekend.
post #116 of 715 Old 10-09-2007, 08:55 AM
Advanced Member

Is there any user feedback on this screen? I am looking to install in a room with considerable ambient light
post #117 of 715 Old 10-09-2007, 10:52 AM

The focuspix matte white electric screen leaves a lot to desired.

The first thing you'll notice when you open the screen is a terrible odor from the paint that has been silk screened on.

You will however, be pleasantly pleased that it does not have a big 'v'wave in it. The side edges (black border) has a slight curl to them but that's to be expected, and I can't see that they are a detriment to the image.

You can easily see that the matte white screen area has been silk screened on. In other words, it has quite a bit of texture to it both visually and to the touch... more texture than the material itself.

According to the manufacturer the gain is 1.3, although that appears to be a hit high. The performance is on par to other matte white screens in the 1.0+ range.

If you are looking for ambient light performance then stay away from the matte white.
post #118 of 715 Old 10-09-2007, 11:23 AM
Advanced Member

which screen would you recommend in a game room where there will be ambient light?
post #119 of 715 Old 10-09-2007, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aircooled View Post

GG386 - I bought the HDVio 100 in white and have it mounted on the wall at ceiling height. I just did an initial setup last night with a BenQ w500 using eco mode and brightness set to 50%. With two 70w table lamps on about 15' back from the screen it did wash the colors & contrast some, but definitely still watchable. I won't be able to try adding daylight to the test until this weekend.

Thanks for getting back. My setup would have a lot more light (during daytime) than two 70w would produce. In lieu of making the place into a bat cave, defeating why I put all those damn windows in in the first place, my quest still leans towards the grey model. I do realize that FP's do need a "quieter" enviroment, that's the nature of the beast. Be glad to hear from you after your weekend trials. BTW, Ghia Pilot- as in Carmen Ghia?

"Unless you continually work, evolve and innovate, you'll learn a quick and painful lesson from someone who has"
post #120 of 715 Old 11-01-2007, 03:19 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Just popping in to say that I have had my HDVIO for almost 8 months and am loving it!
No problems at all, nada. Even as my projector is dimming a bit over time the PQ on this screen is great! The mechanics and electrics are trouble free.
Reply Screens

Tags
Focupix , Projection Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page