Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm looking at this one...

http://www.htdepot.com/product_p/fhv169ax-92.htm

For a Mitsu Hd1000.

Are these prices too good to be true??

I would love to hear from anybody who has this screen. thanks.
post #3 of 13 Old 05-23-2007, 01:02 PM

I purchased a 95" fixed frame screen from HTDepot. It has a good deal for the money. The screen has an aluminum frame, which is covered in velvet. The screen material is a grain screen with similar characteristics to Da-Lite's High Contrast Cinema Vision (HCCV). I am using it with a Optoma HD70 in a room with ambient lighting and it works well.
post #4 of 13 Old 05-18-2008, 02:08 PM

I purchased the grey 1.8 gain 16:9 electric 125". I wanted to return it the day I watch my first movie on it, but with the restocking fee and paying shipping both ways it was too expensive. I can sell it at a loss and be better off.

The issues with this screen are as follows. The glass beads used to create the gain are too large so they diffuse the clarity of an HD image. My Blu-ray player suddenly looked like broadcast tv. The gain also creates a very noticeable hot spot. The screen had a toxic odor out of the box and after a month is has finally started to subside. The motor is very slow. I have a 120" motorized Draper that can go all the way down and back up 10 times before this one finishes dropping. Lastly the screen is now showing waves and wrinkles through it. I've lived with it for almost a month so see if I could make it work. The Draper is going back up.

I contacted the seller and wanted to exchange it for a mat white or .9 gray but again after restocking fees and all the shipping fees it is simply no worth the risk of getting another sub standard product.
post #5 of 13 Old 06-16-2008, 09:53 AM

Hmm

One "OK" review and one "POS" review -

I think I may hold off to see if others speak up before I commit any funds to these screens
post #6 of 13 Old 06-16-2008, 07:13 PM

I bought the Flexio 1.3 gain 106" and am pretty happy with it except for the slight curling on the edges.

I too echo the comment that the beaded gray 1.8 gain screens should be avoided (likewise for the Graywolf and similar screens).

Anyway, if you know the exact screen you are looking for, it's tough to beat the price...
post #7 of 13 Old 06-17-2008, 11:30 AM

Focupix HDVio 16:9 Widescreen High Contrast Grey Electric Screen - 92"

Great price, easy install, works flawlessly, looks great (this is the .9 gain). What more could you ask? I even like the "stately" pace that it travels up and down, reminds me of the motorized curtains in theaters when I was a kid.
post #8 of 13 Old 06-17-2008, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grouchyoldman View Post

Focupix HDVio 16:9 Widescreen High Contrast Grey Electric Screen - 92"

Great price, easy install, works flawlessly, looks great (this is the .9 gain). What more could you ask? I even like the "stately" pace that it travels up and down, reminds me of the motorized curtains in theaters when I was a kid.

Do they offer take home samples of various colors/gains?
post #9 of 13 Old 06-18-2008, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by valdeztke View Post

Do they offer take home samples of various colors/gains?

The only distributer I've found for Focupix screens was htdepot.com. I'd be curious if anyone knows another retailer for them?

I don't know if they'd provide screen samples or not, but it's probably worth calling them if you're interested. The one time I called them, their tech support person was polite and knowledgeable.
post #10 of 13 Old 03-31-2009, 12:03 PM

After reading dozens of comments on AVS about how to chose a screen, what to expect, etc. I finally bought my first screen to complement my 720p Panasonic projector. After carefully reviewing all prices and reviews online I went for a Focupix tensioned, model " Focupix TensionFlat 16:9 WidescreenTab Tensioned Electric Projector Screen w/Remote - 100"".

The shipping cost was outrageous, but as the base price was low, it was still less expensive than other comparable screens. It came in a huge wooden case (hence the shipping price I reckon), fairly easy to take apart (with a hammer though) and a very easy mounting system.
Dropping the screen takes about 10 sec. I have not detected any waves or default after 2 months, and I am really please with it.

I don't have a full HD projector and full HD player, so I can only comment on 720p content and projection, but it looks quite stunning. The only drawback is that the remote is not infrared, so I can't control the screen with my Logitech universal remote – but I knew that when I bought it.
post #11 of 13 Old 04-03-2009, 11:08 AM

I received my screen yesterday. I bought a 95" fixed frame white screen to go in the bat cave with an epson 6500ub. I put the screen together in 30 minutes by myself even though it says you'll need 2 people. The only thing i don't like s far is the mounting brackets to mount it to the wall. I have an hour of Xbox360 time on it but that is all. I checkded out a few screens locally and they seem like they are made in the same factory. I looked at a Dragonfly and one other i can't remember the name of.
post #12 of 13 Old 02-02-2011, 09:58 AM

Liked: 11
Looking at the 130'' 2.35:1 Gray screen. Was wondering how's the product. Is it good quality? are there any complaints?
post #13 of 13 Old 01-31-2013, 03:48 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 296 Post(s)
Liked: 254
I tried it and liked it////with a small alteration. cool.gif

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1432177/painting-onto-a-106-tab-tensioned-screen-with-silver-fire-v2-5-4-0

To quote James T. Kirk;
"I'm laughing at the superior intellect"

http://www.invisiblestereo.com
Reply Screens