The official SeymourAV center stage screen thread! - Page 100 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 55Likes
Reply
Thread Tools
post #2971 of 2978 Old 03-18-2015, 09:35 PM
AVS Special Member
 
RapalloAV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 2,060
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 319 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Lightfoot View Post
Hi,

I'n not familiar with the TAM, but judging by other peoples comments, it seems the Devore is possibly the best material for what you want. Fidelio is said to be marginally blacker, but I can't remember how good it is for frequency attenuation.

Do you need the black backing behind the screen? If you have white/bright or reflective items like speakers behind the screen, then you may need it, but if the speakers are black you could possibly do away with the backing layer.

Gary
You cant use Fidelio as acoustic masking, its just not as transparent as Devore. Devore from the UK is a fantastic product and very BLACK!
Gary Lightfoot likes this.
RapalloAV is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2972 of 2978 Unread 03-21-2015, 08:56 AM
Member
 
Maison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 95
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 12
On the Premier fixed screen, how much room or clearance do I need to install onto the wall bracket? Just doing some prelim planning.
Maison is offline  
post #2973 of 2978 Unread 03-21-2015, 11:18 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
chriscmore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: IA
Posts: 539
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by RapalloAV View Post
I still would rather less 1/2 dbs than have grey masking.
I too noticed that its actually a blacker black than the thick expensive velvet, less shine, and the thick stuff is fantastic.


BTW its not Chris who sells the electric masking, TAM are a UK company. Hope you have a huge wallet as it costs an arm and a leg, plus a bit more along the way.... In other words you need to be super rich!
Hi Murray -

The only product we don't manufacture here in the US for the North American market are the curved parts of the RF-based VistaCurve, and the Absolute. The TAM is made here, sometimes pre-assembled for those that can carry such a large product into their room. It's still spendy, as the crate alone takes two days to build.

The TAM masking material is the blackest AT material I know of, but we're always happy to play with new materials. The samples of thin, greyish, super-sheer material is what we use as the optional secondary black backing layer behind the EN4K. It doesn't have to do much, so if it's only 90% black it's fine. It's primary job is to be quite-black and be thin. It's never seen.

Cheers,
Chris

Seymour AV
515-268-3369

Seymour-Screen Excellence
515-450-5694
chriscmore is online now  
post #2974 of 2978 Unread 03-21-2015, 11:20 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
chriscmore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: IA
Posts: 539
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maison View Post
On the Premier fixed screen, how much room or clearance do I need to install onto the wall bracket? Just doing some prelim planning.
I'd recommend 1/2" minimum, 3/4" is more comfortable to hook onto the cleats. If you need to do a zero-clearance or aperture mount, then I'd recommend you have us install threaded inserts into the sides so you can mount it from within the studs.

Cheers,
Chris

Seymour AV
515-268-3369

Seymour-Screen Excellence
515-450-5694
chriscmore is online now  
post #2975 of 2978 Unread 03-21-2015, 12:20 PM
AVS Special Member
 
RapalloAV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 2,060
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 319 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscmore View Post
Hi Murray -

The only product we don't manufacture here in the US for the North American market are the curved parts of the RF-based VistaCurve, and the Absolute. The TAM is made here, sometimes pre-assembled for those that can carry such a large product into their room. It's still spendy, as the crate alone takes two days to build.

The TAM masking material is the blackest AT material I know of, but we're always happy to play with new materials. The samples of thin, greyish, super-sheer material is what we use as the optional secondary black backing layer behind the EN4K. It doesn't have to do much, so if it's only 90% black it's fine. It's primary job is to be quite-black and be thin. It's never seen.

Cheers,
Chris

Chris I confused....
When I came to you regarding the curved motorised masking screen you told me your didn't do it and I needed to get it from the UK, which I did.
If you do make the motorised masking, you then on sell it to the UK, is that correct, as you don't offer it for sale in the USA?
RapalloAV is offline  
post #2976 of 2978 Unread 03-21-2015, 02:16 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
chriscmore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: IA
Posts: 539
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by RapalloAV View Post
Chris I confused....
When I came to you regarding the curved motorised masking screen you told me your didn't do it and I needed to get it from the UK, which I did.
If you do make the motorised masking, you then on sell it to the UK, is that correct, as you don't offer it for sale in the USA?
Curved motorized masking is called the Absolute, only made in UK. Everything else is we make here in the US for only the North American market. Markets outside NA are serviced by the folks in UK, with them importing from us a few product lines (retractable, MFR, Series-2/3, Ambient-Visionaire).

Cheers,
Chris

Seymour AV
515-268-3369

Seymour-Screen Excellence
515-450-5694
chriscmore is online now  
post #2977 of 2978 Unread 03-21-2015, 02:51 PM
Member
 
Maison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 95
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscmore View Post
I'd recommend 1/2" minimum, 3/4" is more comfortable to hook onto the cleats. If you need to do a zero-clearance or aperture mount, then I'd recommend you have us install threaded inserts into the sides so you can mount it from within the studs.

Cheers,
Chris
Hi Chris,

The side inserts wouldn't be necessary, I was just curious more than anything else on the clearance. I requested a few samples from you via email, but more than likely going with the UF with the black backing on H110 Premier Fixed screen. I believe the Sony 350ES should be able project onto that without any issues in low lamp even on a .8 gain.

One more question - For the CW masking, it comes in a set of four to be attached magnetically. So two horizontal pieces each for the top and bottom? Or? Please explain briefly.

So I did a little reading/research here and there last night on you/your company. I'm very very impressed!! Much respect and looking forward to trying out the samples and placing an order.

Thanks!!
Maison is offline  
post #2978 of 2978 Unread Today, 06:10 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
chriscmore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: IA
Posts: 539
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maison View Post
Hi Chris,

The side inserts wouldn't be necessary, I was just curious more than anything else on the clearance. I requested a few samples from you via email, but more than likely going with the UF with the black backing on H110 Premier Fixed screen. I believe the Sony 350ES should be able project onto that without any issues in low lamp even on a .8 gain.

One more question - For the CW masking, it comes in a set of four to be attached magnetically. So two horizontal pieces each for the top and bottom? Or? Please explain briefly.

So I did a little reading/research here and there last night on you/your company. I'm very very impressed!! Much respect and looking forward to trying out the samples and placing an order.

Thanks!!
Correct the CW (top/bottom) masks come split into fourths to allow for easier handling. They're labeled for each corner.

Cheers,
Chris

Seymour AV
515-268-3369

Seymour-Screen Excellence
515-450-5694
chriscmore is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Screens

Tags
Seymour Av

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off