The official SeymourAV center stage screen thread! - Page 101 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 65Likes
post #3001 of 3006 Unread 05-10-2015, 10:13 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Can you do a trigger? I'd give Seymour a call and see if there is a retrofit option that might work for your siutation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3002 of 3006 Unread Today, 12:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Just got my "new" SeymourAV with EN4k up (sorry, not centerstage) up and have been blown away with the performance. I had picked up their Demo MFR screen with masking panels for converting the 100" wide 2.35 format to 16x9. It was one they brought to CEDIA a couple of years back. The beast was over 100 lbs and it was quite a task installing by myself. I will add some pics this weekend to show off the system but was just so pleased with the screen i wanted post about it. The fabric is so fine of a weave that you can not see any weave unless you get right on it. My front seats are about 7 ft away and no sign of weave or texture (screen door effect). I am using a Sony 500es on low lamp setting and the pic is good on the 2.35 zoom setting with no desire to switch to bright cinema setting. I have not tried 3d at 2.35 yet so there might be an issue there but so far, it looks great. I was a little concern over how much light loss i would get and the halo effect behind the screen but the black backing takes care of that well. The material is very thin and flexible so i could see how wrinkles would be concern especially with a big screen but these guys really have this done well. The black velvet borders also are a nice add so a little overspray with the image just disappears. As far as audio transparency, I could not tell any drop in clarity, highs or volume. Finally, working with Chris and his team was very pleasant. He followed up after i got it to see if i had questions or concerns. in the end, i was able to get a great 2.35 screen with masking system and one of the best audio transparent screens for the price many would pay for a standard material retractable.
chriscmore likes this.
post #3003 of 3006 Unread Today, 12:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 795 Post(s)
Liked: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilmanmojo View Post
Just got my "new" SeymourAV with EN4k up (sorry, not centerstage) up and have been blown away with the performance. I had picked up their Demo MFR screen with masking panels for converting the 100" wide 2.35 format to 16x9. It was one they brought to CEDIA a couple of years back. The beast was over 100 lbs and it was quite a task installing by myself. I will add some pics this weekend to show off the system but was just so pleased with the screen i wanted post about it. The fabric is so fine of a weave that you can not see any weave unless you get right on it. My front seats are about 7 ft away and no sign of weave or texture (screen door effect). I am using a Sony 500es on low lamp setting and the pic is good on the 2.35 zoom setting with no desire to switch to bright cinema setting. I have not tried 3d at 2.35 yet so there might be an issue there but so far, it looks great. I was a little concern over how much light loss i would get and the halo effect behind the screen but the black backing takes care of that well. The material is very thin and flexible so i could see how wrinkles would be concern especially with a big screen but these guys really have this done well. The black velvet borders also are a nice add so a little overspray with the image just disappears. As far as audio transparency, I could not tell any drop in clarity, highs or volume. Finally, working with Chris and his team was very pleasant. He followed up after i got it to see if i had questions or concerns. in the end, i was able to get a great 2.35 screen with masking system and one of the best audio transparent screens for the price many would pay for a standard material retractable.
Congrats. What weighed over 100 lbs, the screen? If so is it an automated masking system?
post #3004 of 3006 Unread Today, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingdvd View Post
Congrats. What weighed over 100 lbs, the screen? If so is it an automated masking system?
Sorry, yes it is an automated masking system. The screen is a 100" wide 2.35 screen with a separate roller for the side masking strips that convert to a 16x9. The masking panels are weighted and drop down on top of the screen. In essence its two roller systems. I could not get the full height for a 100" wide 16x9 so this was an elegant way to get a big 2.35 screen but still have a nice 16x9
post #3005 of 3006 Unread Today, 01:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 795 Post(s)
Liked: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilmanmojo View Post
Sorry, yes it is an automated masking system. The screen is a 100" wide 2.35 screen with a separate roller for the side masking strips that convert to a 16x9. The masking panels are weighted and drop down on top of the screen. In essence its two roller systems. I could not get the full height for a 100" wide 16x9 so this was an elegant way to get a big 2.35 screen but still have a nice 16x9
Awesome! How do you like its mechanical operation? PM sent.
post #3006 of 3006 Unread Today, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingdvd View Post
Awesome! How do you like its mechanical operation? PM sent.
The unit is a tank, very well built hence why it weighs so much. The mechanics work well but they are not whisper quiet. Don't get me wrong, they are not real loud, but you will hear it during operation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Screens

Tags
Seymour Av