The official SeymourAV center stage screen thread! - Page 109 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 141Likes
post #3241 of 3244 Unread 08-07-2016, 07:24 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Just want to give a big shout out to Chris and his team for working with me to make thing right on a botched order - completely my fault!

I had been ordering so much fabric lately for my theater build, I accidentally ordered 4 feet of the XD from their website when I meant to order 4 yards. Even though they shipped and I received the 4 feet, they worked with me to get the 4 yards without simply double charging me.

Great bunch of guys to talk to and do business with. Recommend to anyone looking for a screen.
chriscmore likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3242 of 3244 Unread 08-08-2016, 09:09 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Here is a good video showing how an installation incorporated lights behind his Center Stage XD screen in order to get that IMAX reveal look. The key is maximizing the amount of light on the speakers, while minimizing the amount of light that hits the backside of the screen. When either side of the screen is lit, the screen becomes visually opaque.

His install is a great story in DIY skills and perseverance through difficult health. Definitely a future AVS HToM...
Youthman's Official Build Thread

Youthman's video on backlighting an XD screen. Also, check out those struts.

Cheers,
Chris

Seymour AV
515-268-3369

Seymour-Screen Excellence
515-450-5694

Last edited by chriscmore; 08-08-2016 at 09:12 AM.
post #3243 of 3244 Unread 08-08-2016, 12:12 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 227
Thanks Chris. I'm 100% satisfied with the Seymour Center Stage XD fabric. It's extremely durable fabric (much more so than I even expected). Image is spectacular and speakers sound fantastic directly behind the screen. I was unsure if I would actually be able to see through the screen when the speakers were backlit. Originally the LED threw some light onto the back of the screen but I was able to place a piece of wood above the LED strip to prevent it from spilling onto the screen which helped a lot.
post #3244 of 3244 Unread 08-12-2016, 05:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 371 Post(s)
Liked: 264
I finally mounted my Seymour screen last night. It was pretty strait forward and went without a hiccup. Even though UPS (or FedEx?) beat up the box pretty good everything was in good order. The frame assembly was very simple and the frame itself is more substantial than I would have thought. I installed the screen backing material too which was a nice surprise because I wasn't expecting it. It's the 3F120WS with EN4K material. Thanks to Chris and Mike Garett for all your help.

Before:

After:

My 8 month pregnant wife helped me lift this up and mount it. It wasn't heavy at all. The only problem is she really wants me to finish the theater asap.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1849.png
Views:	77
Size:	400.5 KB
ID:	1598305   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1791.png
Views:	80
Size:	466.1 KB
ID:	1598313  
chriscmore and skypop like this.

Diy Sound Group - Information & Tips
Builds: Maelstrom 21 Ottoman Build, Dual Opposed MFW's x 2, Statements, SEOS-12/TD12M x 5. 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Screens

Tags
Seymour Av