The official SeymourAV center stage screen thread! - Page 110 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #3271 of 3271 Old 10-11-2016, 11:47 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 107
Originally Posted by vantage78 View Post
Hi Chris, thanks for the response! Some follow-up questions:

1) I'll definitely look into the Black 1.2. However, it seems to have a constraint of 2x the width of the screen for the minimum throw. For the size I am considering, 141" diagonal, a 2 x 130" W min throw would put me at 21.7'. I'm currently prewired for the projector to be mounted at 16.8'; I always thought if I move it back to 21' or so, I'd be losing image brightness?

2) How does vertical half-gain correspond to vertical viewing angle? Per my calculations with a 141" diagonal screen with a 54.8" high viewing area, I'm probably going to achieve a 16.15 degree vertical viewing angle for my first row, 8.52 degrees vertical viewing angle for my back row. Would a AV 1.3 or a AV 1.2 be ok considering those vertical viewing angles?

I appreciate the insight!
1) The 2x throw distance is recommended for uniformity. It's just a guideline that can be pushed. The eye is logarithmic in response, so it takes a surprisingly high amount of nonuniformity to create visible hotspotting. You may be losing some brightness by moving the projector back, but any ALR screen will benefit from a longer throw. So, I'd say do what you can (e.g. mount one stud back, or move it back if it's not that big a deal) but I wouldn't conduct major surgery to accommodate that recommendation.

The AV1.3 would exhibit better uniformity, but the AV1.2 is a smoother, less reflective look.

2) Our ALR materials are nondirectional, in that they have the same response vertically as horizontally. Your vertical angles are not an issue at all.

Seymour AV

Seymour-Screen Excellence
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Reply Screens

Seymour Av

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page