The official SeymourAV center stage screen thread! - Page 113 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 240Likes
post #3361 of 3371 Unread 05-07-2017, 07:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Liked: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedd View Post
mycview2, does your scaler or sources have the option to move the image to the bottom of the screen?
That applies to the format I have (1.78 screen with CIW mask). I use the Lumagen Radiance's electronic image shift. Projector lens shift could also work. A third option would be to move the bottom of the screen up when moving the mask down.

For the 2.35 screen that mycview2 was asking about, you'd need to zoom or scale, not shift, when changing ARs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3362 of 3371 Unread 05-11-2017, 01:17 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Just made the jump to AT Screen- Center Stage-UF

Just got home from Fedex Freight and getting ready to open things up. 2.0:1 Aspect ratio ~130" Diagonal. Going from a 2.35:1 128"Diagonal Carada Brilliant White. By the way Projector is Panny 8000. Excited to finally be able to reposition the center channel and subs

Thanks much Chris and Jon!

Don
chriscmore likes this.
post #3363 of 3371 Unread 05-12-2017, 03:36 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Q on Harmony Elite control IR control. I've got the RP60 230V Controller, LVT-BUS JP6 and IR Sensor and I'm in the process of setting it up over the next couple of weeks. Trigger is working well, but can I confirm what device to add to a Logitech Harmony Elite to trigger UP and Down for the screen? Is it the ESI RP-60?
Thanks
Nathan

post #3364 of 3371 Unread 05-12-2017, 05:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 1202 Post(s)
Liked: 1257
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmone View Post
Q on Harmony Elite control IR control. I've got the RP60 230V Controller, LVT-BUS JP6 and IR Sensor and I'm in the process of setting it up over the next couple of weeks. Trigger is working well, but can I confirm what device to add to a Logitech Harmony Elite to trigger UP and Down for the screen? Is it the ESI RP-60?
Thanks
Nathan
Safest bet is to learn the command from the screen remote. I've been using Harmony remotes for the last 12 years, and in my motorized screen setups, I had to learn the command in order for it to work properly. There are usually three commands: up, stop, and down.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
post #3365 of 3371 Unread 05-12-2017, 06:26 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRC3 View Post
Just got home from Fedex Freight and getting ready to open things up. 2.0:1 Aspect ratio ~130" Diagonal. Going from a 2.35:1 128"Diagonal Carada Brilliant White. By the way Projector is Panny 8000. Excited to finally be able to reposition the center channel and subs

Thanks much Chris and Jon!

Don
I have UF with a Panny 8000, as well. You're going to love UF. Nothing but rave reviews from me.
DRC3 likes this.
post #3366 of 3371 Unread 05-12-2017, 01:53 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrolicBeast View Post
Safest bet is to learn the command from the screen remote. I've been using Harmony remotes for the last 12 years, and in my motorized screen setups, I had to learn the command in order for it to work properly. There are usually three commands: up, stop, and down.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Unfortunately I don't have a remote to learn from...
post #3367 of 3371 Unread 05-12-2017, 06:11 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazzz View Post
I have UF with a Panny 8000, as well. You're going to love UF. Nothing but rave reviews from me.
Thanks-got it built...held it up and looks good! Thanks for sharing Fazzz!
post #3368 of 3371 Unread 05-15-2017, 01:44 PM

Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 83
As earlier described in this thread, the UF material isn't very good for behind the screen lighting to reveal the speakers. I laid down a 16' LED light strip behind the screen and a velvet wrapped 2X2. I doubled the LED light back so I had two runs of the lighting casting on the speakers. Although it doesn't reveal the speakers well, it casts a pretty cool effect, especially when set at a 7 color fade. If I fire up the star ceiling with the LED's, the rear speakers with the LED's and the LED's behind the screen, it gives a pretty cool intro to the theater for folks that are seeing it for the first time. The rainbow effect in the pano picture on the bottom is due to the way the phone took the picture.

chriscmore and DRC3 like this.

Jerry
Fairbanks, Alaska
DIY In Progress Home Theater Build: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...tic-build.html
Star Ceiling Build: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...am-boards.html
post #3369 of 3371 Unread Yesterday, 10:49 AM

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcticbowman View Post
As earlier described in this thread, the UF material isn't very good for behind the screen lighting to reveal the speakers. I laid down a 16' LED light strip behind the screen and a velvet wrapped 2X2. I doubled the LED light back so I had two runs of the lighting casting on the speakers. Although it doesn't reveal the speakers well, it casts a pretty cool effect, especially when set at a 7 color fade. If I fire up the star ceiling with the LED's, the rear speakers with the LED's and the LED's behind the screen, it gives a pretty cool intro to the theater for folks that are seeing it for the first time. The rainbow effect in the pano picture on the bottom is due to the way the phone took the picture.

Jerry,

Looks great. How close are your speakers to the screen?
post #3370 of 3371 Unread Today, 12:03 PM

Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazzz View Post
Jerry,

Looks great. How close are your speakers to the screen?
They are roughly 5-6" behind the screen.

Jerry
Fairbanks, Alaska
DIY In Progress Home Theater Build: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...tic-build.html
Star Ceiling Build: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...am-boards.html
post #3371 of 3371 Unread Today, 02:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Liked: 148
I'm very happy to soon join the Seymour Center Stage XD crowd. I just purchased an XD screen from Jon yesterday - great customer service!

I plan a ~158" diagonal (146" x 62) 2.35 screen to fill the stage in the pic below. I will use 1x4 poplar or maple for a DIY frame. I have an Epson 5040UB (4K eShift) projector, currently projecting on a 135" 16x9 Elite screen in another room. Can't wait to get the new screen built - will post after pics when completed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Schmidt Haus Theater - WIP (or not) since 2010
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Screens

Tags
Seymour Av