The official SeymourAV center stage screen thread! - Page 114 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 249Likes

post #3391 of 3395 Old 06-18-2017, 07:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schuyler Bain View Post
Is the UF frame wrapped in fabric or velvet like material? It breaks down into 4 pieces, correct? Is it available with the premiere or precision frame?
I believe UF is available for both frames. There's a comparison of the two frames at the bottom of this page. http://www.seymourav.com/screensfixed.asp

It comes in 4 pieces. I have a premier frame with UF.
chriscmore likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3392 of 3395 Old 06-20-2017, 08:11 AM

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Got the new Seymour XD 130" screen up and running about a week ago and want to thank Jon and Seymour for their amazing customer service.

I had a tight window to get everything done while the wife and kiddo were out of town for a few days and they delivered!

My seating is ~9ft in the front row and ~17 ft in the back. From the front, everything looks perfect. I looked as hard as I could to see the weave, and absolutely nothing. I'm actually surprise they recommend >10ft as I have a hard time seeing it from 5 feet. Screen is a touch big for the front row, but we mainly sit in the back row. From the back row it is truly amazing.

Thanks again Seymour.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3331.JPG
Views:	45
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	2196353  
nathan_h and BrolicBeast like this.

FS: 3 Speakercraft AIM2 LCR5 Five - PM Me

Marantz SR7010 - Emotiva XPA-3 Gen 3 - SeymourAV 16:9 Premier 130" XD - Sony VPL-VW60 - 7.2.4 - L/C/R SVS Ultra Bookshelf - Surrounds SpeakerCraft AIM LCR5Three - Ceiling SpeakerCraft AIM 8 - Klipsch R110sw - Def Tech Supercube 6000
post #3393 of 3395 Old 06-22-2017, 10:25 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 28
From Elite to Seymour

Hello All,

I'm in the process of a remodel that will have a somewhat dedicated a family room (20' x 20') with complete light control. The room will have a 65" LCD TV and a retractable 16:9 screen 150"(w), estimated, for movies. My MLP will be around 12' from the screen. Only one (1) row of seating is planned for now with a bar top and stools for the over flow when watching sporting events behind the MLP.

As I look where to allocate my budget for the entire room, I would like input/thoughts from those who had an Elite tab tension screen (CineTension2, Saker, etc.) and upgraded to a Seymour screen. What level of perceived improvements did you have from your upgrade?

Thanks.....Augie

Last edited by Augmont; 06-22-2017 at 11:20 AM.

post #3394 of 3395 Old 06-22-2017, 01:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 1248 Post(s)
Liked: 1318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augmont View Post
Hello All,

I'm in the process of a remodel that will have a somewhat dedicated a family room (20' x 20') with complete light control. The room will have a 65" LCD TV and a retractable 16:9 screen 150"(w), estimated, for movies. My MLP will be around 12' from the screen. Only one (1) row of seating is planned for now with a bar top and stools for the over flow when watching sporting events behind the MLP.

As I look where to allocate my budget for the entire room, I would like input/thoughts from those who had an Elite tab tension screen (CineTension2, Saker, etc.) and upgraded to a Seymour screen. What level of perceived improvements did you have from your upgrade?

Thanks.....Augie
Ahhh man you made me go way back to one of my earlier videos from forever ago...i had the Elite Cinetension2 model (you can still hear my NY accent in the video, but it was starting to die).

I went from the Elite to a Stewart, and then from Stewart to Seymour. Since I went from motorized to fixed, I can only comment on the screen quality itself. The Elite is a great starter screen, but the Seymour is one you keep for life. Well engineered, and better than the Stewart and elite screens.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
post #3395 of 3395 Old Today, 11:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 352 Post(s)
Liked: 92
I have a 120" CenterStage XD screen material rolled up for the past two years. I originally bought it from SeymourAV in 2010 and built a frame (although not a perfect one) and was using it hung against the wall (chickened out of building a false wall!). Since I had to move my seat back by 3' for better audio experience, I found the screen to be too small so I bought a 150" Silver Ticket Non-AT screen from amazon. I hung it in the same place that I had the CenterStage before. I dismantled the frame for the CenterStage XD and rolled up the screen. I noticed that the material of the CenterStage has a slight yellow shift compared to the blue shift of the SilverTicket. Is this normal or did my CenterStage XD just become old! I am now trying to see if I can resurrect my false wall ambitions from 7 years ago when I moved into this house. This was precipitated by me buying a JBL 590 for center channel. Currently I am using it laid sideways. I am wondering from forum members since I will be bringing my screen 3' forward, a 120" screen should appear just as big from 3' forward as a 150' screen right now. I am wondering if it is worth it to resurrect this screen material. It is still in good shape but don't know why there is a slight color difference between the two brands. Also, I upgraded to Epson 5040UB and starting to watch a lot of UHD content. I know the projector itself is not true 4K but it does produce some stunning images. Would this 7 year old CenterStage XD material suffice for this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Screens

Tags
Seymour Av

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page