The official SeymourAV center stage screen thread! - Page 116 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 266Likes

post #3451 of 3458 Old 09-29-2017, 08:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 220 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Hey Chris! Any more thought about a retrofit motorized masking system for those of us with your older motorized scope screens? Also, is there any way for the Harmony Hub to control the RF on the screen motor? Any kind of converter?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3452 of 3458 Old 10-04-2017, 11:22 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscmore View Post
Seymour AV pricing of the new Proscenium motorized masking frame is up. Next I'll work on the product information section in the masking page. When I get the crate back from CEDIA I can take prettier pictures.

Cheers,
Chris
I see the pricing for the Proscenium motorized masking frame is up but is the product info? The only thing I see on the masking page are the manual fixed panels and the retractable masking screens. I am under the impression the Proscenium is for a fixed frame. Is that correct or is it a retractable? If it for fixed screen, when will the product info be online or is there something you can send me regarding the product. I am very close to being ready to order a screen and had previously planned on fixed panels but I may want to go with motorized if the Proscenium will work.
post #3453 of 3458 Old 10-05-2017, 09:18 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenC56 View Post
Hey Chris! Any more thought about a retrofit motorized masking system for those of us with your older motorized scope screens? Also, is there any way for the Harmony Hub to control the RF on the screen motor? Any kind of converter?
It's on the list, just lower in priority than what we've been working on. Next is a retractable non-AT screen design and commercial-sized masking system.

I don't know of any third-party vendors that can control RF systems. I know some vehicles can learn your garage RF remote, but they're designed to specifically learn those addresses, etc. All universals I know of simply use RF as a carrier within their ecosystem.

Cheers,
Chris

Seymour AV
515-268-3369

Seymour-Screen Excellence
515-450-5694

post #3454 of 3458 Old 10-05-2017, 09:23 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevostein View Post
I see the pricing for the Proscenium motorized masking frame is up but is the product info? The only thing I see on the masking page are the manual fixed panels and the retractable masking screens. I am under the impression the Proscenium is for a fixed frame. Is that correct or is it a retractable? If it for fixed screen, when will the product info be online or is there something you can send me regarding the product. I am very close to being ready to order a screen and had previously planned on fixed panels but I may want to go with motorized if the Proscenium will work.
It's on the to-do list for sure. This weekend I got up information on the SSE page here: http://www.seymourscreenexcellence.com/trim.asp The only difference is the availability of screen materials (the S-AV version will be the grommet/o-ring style materials only), online availability, and the S-AV version will include a basic RF remote control and wall switch. You can still get however high-end controls you like, so if you really want thousands of intermediate stops available while you're being driven home you could get that.

Cheers,
Chris

Seymour AV
515-268-3369

Seymour-Screen Excellence
515-450-5694
post #3455 of 3458 Old 10-13-2017, 07:11 AM

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Howdy all, considering a Seymour Screen to save some money over a Stewart and have heard good things, however I can't find much info on the Glacier White material vs. the Stewart StudioTek 130 G3. I want/need a 1.3 gain screen to take advantage of HDR, with minimal sparkling/artifacts with a fine/smooth enough surface to resolve 4K. Searching this long there there's only one mention of the Glacier White and it doesn't give much info. I do NOT need an AT screen.

Looking at 128" Diagonal Metro frame 16:9 by the way.

Appreciate any insight on whether this would be a good choice over the Stewart!

Thanks!
mtbdudex likes this.
post #3456 of 3458 Old 10-13-2017, 11:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 789
This report

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hagsi likes this.
post #3457 of 3458 Old 10-15-2017, 07:54 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Could anyone point me to a good (detailed) set of instructions for a DIY acoustically transparent screen using the Center Stage XD material? Thanks!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #3458 of 3458 Old 10-15-2017, 03:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 618 Post(s)
Liked: 456
Quote:
Originally Posted by elee532 View Post
Could anyone point me to a good (detailed) set of instructions for a DIY acoustically transparent screen using the Center Stage XD material? Thanks!!
From the Seymour site: http://www.seymourav.com/articles/DIYFixedFrame.pdf
elee532 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Screens

Tags
Seymour Av

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page