Originally Posted by silverbullete55
Screen project complete. The following is a point form summary:
- Puchased AT screen material from Seymour for a 92" diag.
- FedEx messed up the initial order
- Chris sent replacement the same day once notified of the damaged product
- Recieved screen in great shape
- Pricing very reasonable
- For the frame structure, ordered extruded aluminum kit from Frame World
- Ordered a custom Frame World kit confirmed with CAD drawing
- Gave exact interior frame measurements at 45' X 80"
- Combined two extrusion
- First extrusion was a square 1.5" X 1.5"
- Second extrusion was a 45 degree angle 1.5" x 1.5"
- Square extrusion used as the outer frame
- Angled extrusion used as the inner frame providing for a bevel
- Outer frame and inner frame joined to provide for a 3.0" x 1.5" profile
- Extrusions come with smooth sides and rear was slotted
- Kit came with hardware and predrilled holes for assembly
- After assembly, wrapped outer profile with velvet using spray glue
- Left back of frame uncovered
- Frame was 100% square and strong as heck
- Ordered kit with T Clips to fit in slots in the back of frame
- Fastened screen material using T Clips and rubber mallet
- T Clip run the full lengths of the frame
- Used Hangman picture frame to hang
The screen material $300, custom frame kit $500, velvet $88, spray glue $12 (all in canadian dollars)...screen, picture and sound...priceless.