post #2701 of 2703 Old 07-22-2014, 12:45 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by dropzone7 View Post
Hey Chris, not sure when the change was made but I just noticed the new Precision frame which I believe was called the Economy frame before. I'm anxious to see the new photos with the velvet on the frame. I'm also curious if going with this more light absorbing material on the frame has eliminated the need for that small black border at the edges of the white screen material. I assume that only appears on the Precision screens and not the Premier. Maybe it was there to avoid reflection from that shiny black frame? The reason I ask is that the thin black strip there kind of bothers me and if it will be eliminated with the use of velvet over the frame now then the Precision/Economy screen looks more attractive to me than ever.
That thin strip was velvet, so essentially the whole frame is velvety goodness now. It essentially looks like the top picture of the Premier frame, as its logo badge is shrunk. I do need new pictures however. Got CEDIA stuff biting my ankles currently.

Chris

Seymour AV
Seymour-Screen Excellence
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2702 of 2703 Old 07-22-2014, 03:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscmore View Post
The curved screens are designed to mount to a flat wall using a top adapter bracket and two bottom L-brackets for adjustability. The top bracket was recently redesigned so it's one piece of formed steel, 60" wide with bolt slots and hanging cleats.

If you want to mount it to a curved wall, then it would simply use the standard Hangman brackets which can take that radius just fine. Or, if you want to ensure that curvature X meets curvature Y perfectly, we can put threaded inserts every foot or so, so that you can simply bolt it to the curved wall. This can be done with invisible flat brackets or visible L-brackets.

Cheers,
Chris
Thanks for this info! I'll probably go with the standard top bracket and build the screen wall from either end of the screen itself. Any possibility of motorized masking for the curved XD screen? Or is that reserved for Enlightor 4K?
post #2703 of 2703 Old 07-22-2014, 03:39 PM
AVS Club Gold

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrolicBeast View Post
Thanks for this info! I'll probably go with the standard top bracket and build the screen wall from either end of the screen itself. Any possibility of motorized masking for the curved XD screen? Or is that reserved for Enlightor 4K?
I can't foresee taking the Seymour AV line up that much. I enjoy the line being priced where average Joes like me can shop.

You could add curtain tracks up above the screen for that cinema look, and masking function to boot.

Cheers,
Chris

Seymour AV
Seymour-Screen Excellence
Reply Screens

Tags
Seymour Av

User Tag List
chriscmore

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page