The official SeymourAV center stage screen thread! - Page 98 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 36Likes
post #2911 of 2913 Old 02-15-2015, 11:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Chris,

Yes, I am using a Panamorph UH480 lens with my projector. The image geometry was perfect until I had to take down the projector to rerun some cables. When I put it back up the left side has a slight "bend", nothing dramtic and something that will be corrected once I have time to play with it.

I did have our end of year fantasy party in my HT and had about 20 Packer fans watching the championship game. As a Viking fan I knew exactly how they felt after that game.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2912 of 2913 Unread Today, 01:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 329 Post(s)
Liked: 180
I thought I might share this pic here for ppl looking to buy the centerstage XD and worry whether it can support a 4K image...

This is a 16:9 curved, 10 feet wide Centerstage XD with the Sony 4K projector
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Preliminary viewing of the Sony 500ES 4K projector on the Centerstage XD screen.

My initial reaction? Absolutely stunning pictures.

On HD projectors the XD material's weave is visible up to 10 feet or so, but it seems that when you use the 4K projector you can go much closer without seeing the weave.. I do not yet know how to explain this. I mean, a weave is a weave right? But my gut feeling is that the 'weave' we see may be a combination of 'pixel size + weave' rather than just 'weave'.

With the 4K projector, the image is silky smooth, baby bottom smooth... (enter your own analogy here).

When watching 3D, i can even walk up to my 10 feet wide screen and look right through it, like looking out a window. 3D has never been better (not even on the IMAX), as this projector on a 10 feet wide 0.9 gain screen is brighter than the image on the IMAX and with much better contrast and black levels. Space looks like absolute black... stars looks like stars...

Anyways, judge for yourself.. the image is taken about 9 feet away.. zoom in and see if you can see any weave. BTW: this pic was taken by my Samsung phone... the actual image is way smoother and much better colors...

BTW: This is an upscaled 1080p music video from a DTS demo track. Imagine what a 'real' 4K source would be like.

post #2913 of 2913 Unread Today, 01:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 329 Post(s)
Liked: 180
Jon,

Now that i have the CenterStage XD material over my premier frame, would it possible to also order the EN4K material so i can put it on this screen to compare? I am itching to find out if i am missing anything...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Screens

Tags
Seymour Av

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page