Mitsubishi Hd 1000 Or Optoma Hd 70? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 05-15-2007, 06:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi

I am having a hard time deciding between hd70 and the mits1000u.My problem is i have a wall unit below the screen and i need to be at 26"from the floor.I also already have a 96"diagonal screen that i would like to use for a little while longer.

My previous projector was 13.5'from the screen it was a infocus 4805 and was ceiling mounted with a 3.5"mount.I Have 93"ceiling and i was wondering witch projector would be easyer to set up.The hd 70 or the mits1000u.

Is the offset of the mits1000u allot bigger then the hd70?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-16-2007, 01:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by duo man View Post

Hi

I am having a hard time deciding between hd70 and the mits1000u.My problem is i have a wall unit below the screen and i need to be at 26"from the floor.I also already have a 96"diagonal screen that i would like to use for a little while longer.

My previous projector was 14.5'from the screen it was a infocus 4805 and was ceiling mounted with a 3.5"mount.I Have 93"ceiling and i was wondering witch projector would be easyer to set up.The hd 70 or the mits1000u.

Is the offset of the mits1000u allot bigger then the hd70?

Thanks

Check the thead of pj's under $3k you will
get plenty of help or post your thread over there.

Peter

Peter
Enjoy HD no matter what......
post #3 of 5 Old 05-16-2007, 02:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 17
if you value the lumens or need some extra to deal with ambient light... go with mitsu.
post #4 of 5 Old 05-16-2007, 05:47 PM

Messing around with the mistubishi calculator (google it if you're interested, very useful!), it seems that to get a 96 inch screen that is 26 inches above the ground with the HD1000U (and no keystoning), you need to have a 1.5 inch drop from your 93 inch ceiling. If you can find a mount with this little drop, that would be a nice solution. If you had a 3.5 inch drop, you could get a maximum of a 93 inch screen... not a huge difference if you can add a little black velvet around your existing screen.

Can't speak for the HD70 unfortunately.
post #5 of 5 Old 05-16-2007, 06:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EocThermos View Post

Messing around with the mistubishi calculator (google it if you're interested, very useful!), it seems that to get a 96 inch screen that is 26 inches above the ground with the HD1000U (and no keystoning), you need to have a 1.5 inch drop from your 93 inch ceiling. If you can find a mount with this little drop, that would be a nice solution. If you had a 3.5 inch drop, you could get a maximum of a 93 inch screen... not a huge difference if you can add a little black velvet around your existing screen.

Can't speak for the HD70 unfortunately.

Hi thanks for your help,I tried the mitsubishi calculator and it gives me two distances witch are from 137.6"to 166.7" to get a 96"screen except i would need to tilt upwards a little to get rid of some offset.

Does The two different sizes mean, that my projector can be anywhere between 137.6" to 166.7" and i just use the zoom to ajust to the right size screen?

I'm just about two inches to low so if i tilt upwards the projector i should be ok right?I still have 20" left from the top of the screen to the ceiling

Thanks
ps i'm sold on the mits1000u so i'm hoping it fits my room specks.
Reply Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page