Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 10-21-2001, 11:56 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

I've a Vutec 1.5 gain wall screen in used for 3 years. It is there on my bedroom all the time in the 3 years. From time to time I clear off small dust using a hand blower. The projected image still looks perfectly fine to me. The projector is a NEC XG85.

But I just keep thinking maybe, just maybe the screen should start to lose some brightness/gain for all these years hanging there exposed to open air. To my eyes the screen still looks pretty WHITE (without the projector), but I can't remember if the screen looked WHITER when it was arrived new! The projected image of course looks fine because after all I calibrated the projector according to the screen! If the screen is starting to turn yellowish and losing brightness, that means I'm actually pushing the projector to compensate.

How do I know if it's time to replace the screen? Thanks in advance.

regards,

Li On
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-22-2001, 01:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
If it's whiter than the sheet of typing or printer paper then it's probably OK. If it's duller then try cleaning it according to manufacturer's instruction. You can always ask for screen material swatches to compare. Blackout cloth has gain of 1.1-1.3 and if yours is brighter then it's probably OK. Fabric shop may give you scraps or just buy 1 yard for $4 and drape it over half of your screen and compare the image on your old screen vs. blackout. If it's still better then keep the screen. If not, then make DIY blackout screen :D

Huey ;-]
Closed Thread Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page